Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sweet juice
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 20, 2011 08:47PM

I have been drinking about a litre of melon juice on it's own on an empty stomach for the last few mornings.

It's a bit of an experiment really because I read so much about the sugar in fruit juice being too much causing sugar rushes, spikes, headaches etc etc.

Well I am telling you that I don't experience anything apart from complete joy and wonder about how absolutely delicious it is.

Coffee used to give me palpatations; maca, siberian ginseng etc keep me awake and make me feel dreadful so I thought maybe I was fairly sensitive to stuff - but clearly not to juice.

And the melon juice is the sweetest thing I have ever tasted - just yummy.

Anyway no message - just thought I'd share incase other people have been put off fruit juices when they may not be affected by them after all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sweet juice
Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: September 21, 2011 12:04PM

I used to drink copious amounts of juice in the mornings, mainly pineapple and orange. I never experienced the sugar rushes or headaches, etc, either. The only drawback that I found was that I would be ravenously hungry about 30 minutes after consumption. Last year I finally broke down and bought a high-powered blender and consume the fruits blended instead of juiced. Fiber attached, problem solved.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 21, 2011 12:13PM

Some have better blood sugar regulation than others, much like how some dont have adverse effects from stimulants etc. This risk is still there however.

Being hungry close after consumption is another effect of blood sugar spikes.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 21, 2011 07:10PM

No - I don't feel particularly hungry either - I guess it just suits me smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables