Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vegan for Life/The Thinking Vegan
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 25, 2011 05:27PM

This is a really wonderful interview with Ginny Messina, vegan RD and passionate animal activist. If you are still on the fence about being vegan, please read this interview, and PLEASE scroll down to view the panel on the right that gives an ongoing count of how many different animals are being slaughtered as you read the interview.

[thethinkingvegan.com]

Ginny Messina is not raw, but vegan, and a pioneer for bringing the vegan lifestyle into the mainstream. She co-authored the Position Paper of the American Dietitians Association on Vegetarian Diets along with 2 other vegans, Vesanto Melina, RD and Ann Reed Mangels PhD.

Ginny Messina's new book is Vegan for Life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 05:29PM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vegan for Life/The Thinking Vegan
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 25, 2011 05:41PM

I am not going to look at the counter, too depressing, but will read the article and pass it along. Thanks!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 25, 2011 08:19PM

Thanks for posting, suncloud!

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 25, 2011 11:30PM

I am amazed at how fast the chicken and duck 'meater' is running. I originally typed that as a typo, but I thought it more fitting incorrectly spelled. I hate to ask, but why? Camels seem to have things a bit easier, but I suppose thats just because its not a popular meat?

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 26, 2011 07:24AM

Mislu, I think maybe it's because pigs, sheep, chickens, and ducks are a lot easier and cheaper to keep; and cow meat is maybe not valued so much outside North America.

Also, it takes a lot more chickens and ducks to equal the same amount of meat from the larger animals.

That's my guess anyway. The numbers are pretty amazing. Thanks for checking out the link. (Oh, I just caught that: "meater"!)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 07:34AM by suncloud.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 31, 2011 03:15PM

"Meater" clever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables