Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
A request for Durian Rider and friends
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 30, 2011 05:02AM

Hi, my name is cherimoya_kid. I have been a raw foodist for about 10 years now. I am a moderator over at rawpaleodietforum.com. I'm a member of several other nutrition boards as well, but that's the only one I'm active on.

Over the last 2 years or so, DurianRider, his girlfriend, friends, and various other fruitarians and vegans have sporadically, rudely, trolled my forum. I have banned at least 40 or 50 vegan troll usernames there, most of them by the same few people, over and over and over.

I don't come here and troll this board. I think it's only fair that you people stop trolling MY board, please.

And that's that. I wish you all well on your journey to good health.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A request for Durian Rider and friends
Date: October 30, 2011 01:04PM

Hey! This isn't HIS board and we don't appreciate his shenanigans either. I don't know what you think is going on but this forum and the people on it aren't responsible for his garbage behavior. You'll have to deal with the bully in your own school yard chum. We feel for ya.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 30, 2011 02:27PM

Well you've done what you can by posting here, but coco's right. Peace to you.

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: October 30, 2011 02:54PM

That kind of behavior is so childish. It's just like- don't you guys have better things to do with your time? Do you not realize that there are 50,000 people a day *dying of starvation* due to an insanely corrupt political system while you're busy divisively lecturing the world about a very, very specific diet plan that happens to not entirely work for some of us?
Get real, peoples. Anyway, my second rant in ten minutes. I just wish that there were a tropical fruit community that felt more inclusive and less dogmatic, because I would like to be part of it.

Thanks, cherimoya_kid. And good screen name- cherimoyas are heaven on planet earth. Today I've actually been pondering whether to try the "atemoya," which is apparently a cross between cherimoyas and sugar apples. Available here: [jourdansbeautifulfood.com]

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 01, 2011 05:58AM

omega-3, your wish has been fulfilled instantly! smiling smiley There are a few wonderful tropical fruit communities that you may enjoy already (iheartfruit with Anne Osbourne, fruitarians.net with Lena, a new TheFruitLovers ning forum with myself, fruitarianforum with Maltron, holeylettuce ning forum with Jack, and more!). I tend to try to connect with people at different sites, it get's a bit complicated at times but it's worth it. I like coming here too, this is my home base, I started here in 2003, this was my first even forum! I have many fond memories from here.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: November 01, 2011 02:43PM

And eight years later- oh how you've evolved? I'm on the ifruit with Anne, but that's not really active. I'll check out the others. I'll message you.
Though I'm not a pure fruitarian anymore. Tried it for a few months- didn't work out.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 01, 2011 11:53PM

I've evolved, in terms of the diet, to a fruit-based diet. I am interested in being a pure fruitarian too. smiling smiley I would say I am still transitioning to that. On iheart, there is a number of lovely people with wonderful journals, and the place is growing too. The place may not seem active, because generally people are in agreement with one another, have busy lives too, and so they come there to share rather than debate. I noticed that somehow contentious topics are the ones that bring the most trafffic. The atmosphere there is truly fruitarian and I love being part of that community.

If you are after interesting conversations, then holeylettuce ning is a great place. It's a small community with great people who have interesting opinions and ideas, and this is a forum where you can express yourself openly as no-one tries to dominate others with their chosen approach. The fruitarianforum is like that too, and it is still growing. Thefruitlovers ning is devoted to an event, at least at the moment, and so the focus is specifically on transformation.

I think that conversations here are pretty open too.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 02, 2011 12:10AM

He stirs things up. Makes people think.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: November 02, 2011 12:14AM

Not really.

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He stirs things up. Makes people think.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 02, 2011 12:53AM

cherimoya_kid Wrote:
> Hi, my name is cherimoya_kid. I have been a raw
> foodist for about 10 years now. I am a moderator
> over at rawpaleodietforum.com. I'm a member of
> several other nutrition boards as well, but that's
> the only one I'm active on.
>
> Over the last 2 years or so, DurianRider, his
> girlfriend, friends, and various other fruitarians
> and vegans have sporadically, rudely, trolled my
> forum. I have banned at least 40 or 50 vegan troll
> usernames there, most of them by the same few
> people, over and over and over.
>
> I don't come here and troll this board. I think
> it's only fair that you people stop trolling MY
> board, please.
>
> And that's that. I wish you all well on your
> journey to good health.

"You people?!" Who u talkin' 'bout?

Date: November 02, 2011 01:35AM

LOL, that was my reaction exactly! I'd prefer not to be lumped in with other people, especially people like that thankyouverymuch!

"stirs things up"? Like a storm brings all the toxic gunk up from the bottom of the lake making you have to avoid going into it for a few days maybe.

Date: November 05, 2011 05:01AM

The reason I posted here is because he ignores my attempts to register at his forum, and there's no way to contact the webmaster at his forum without being a member. I'm getting really sick of vegan trolls at my site. I've only had to ban maybe 1 or 2 cooked fooders there ever, but I've had to ban at least 50 different vegan troll usernames, probably 1/3 of which were DR or his friends.

You guys might want to think about what it says that the cooked fooders barely troll us at all, but vegan trolls do their best to overrun us. Seriously, if the cooked fooders manage to make you look bad, that might tell you it's time to rethink something, no?

I admit I don't take responsibility for everyone who eats the way I do, but I definitely look at larger group tendencies, as a way to objectively gauge the usefulness/safety of what I'm doing. That's just playing it safe.

Date: November 05, 2011 12:18PM

cherimoya_kid Wrote:

> You guys might want to think about what it says
> that the cooked fooders barely troll us at all,
> but vegan trolls do their best to overrun us.
> Seriously, if the cooked fooders manage to make
> you look bad, that might tell you it's time to
> rethink something, no?
>

Um.. how about you stop posting here to bash us collectively, hm? This isn't "his" website, we are not over on your forum trolling YOU but here you come for a second time asking us to take on responsibility for someone else's behavior, lumping us all together in some distasteful group. Come on now. Getcher big girl panties on and quit spamming US! Sheesh. "WE" might want to rethink something, eh? Seems YOU might want to take a piece of your own advice. You need it.

Date: November 05, 2011 01:47PM

You say you don't condone or like DR's behavior, but he's easily the most active poster here, from what I can see. What am I supposed to think, when I see that? You say one thing, but the reality is quite obviously another.

And again, let me restate that it's smart to take a larger look at the general behavior of any group you're part of. That way, you have a chance to avoid the 'blind spot' that most people have about themselves. This is helpful to avoid dangerous extremes.

This isn't spam, by the way. This is in response to trolling by DR. I know the difference. On average, I've banned 2-3 spammers a week for a couple of years in my forum. I've probably banned 2 vegan trolls a month. There's definitely a difference.

These may not be the words you want. That doesn't mean I'm in the wrong place. I got trolled. I'm responding. This is the most DR-heavy forum I can find to do it. Certainly emailing him directly won't work, so I come here. Do you have a better suggestion? I'm not just going to tolerate his nonsense, and I don't think it's fair to ask me to do so. Your suggestions are welcome, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 01:48PM by cherimoya_kid.

Date: November 05, 2011 02:43PM

TheSt0rm is ANOTHER troll from this board who trolls at my board, and I haven't even BANNED him yet. You people are overruning us. It may not be a conspiracy, but it is a trend, a tendency, and a pattern. Time to recognize.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 02:43PM by cherimoya_kid.

Date: November 05, 2011 03:10PM

cherimoya_kid,

Ha-ha! I am a more prolific poster than DR is here, and I daresay most of us whose primary forum time is here aren't the slightest bit interested in trolling, or even visiting your boards. It ain't our scene!

You have posted your grievance here, it has been noted, and that's really all you can do. We cannot police extraneous members who have their own boards and followers, we cannot make sovereign adults mind their ps and qs with others, elsewhere. You must from this point rely on Durian's having some sense that he's offended and that it's not on, and to pull back.

Hope it works out for you; you have been polite and friendly when posting here otherwise smiling smiley

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 05, 2011 03:18PM

cherimoya - tone it down a bit. You think you know what you're talking about but you don't. DR seriously pisses off loads of us - I personally cannot stand his rants, his posts or his extremely tedious links. I have no idea why the moderators haven't banned him long ago - I s'pose he's raw and he's vegan and that's enough but he's a damned pest in my opinion.

SO DON'T lump us all in together. Just because DR overuns this board is no reason to imagine we are all trolling your board - sorry I've never even heard of you or what ever platform you speak from and I have no interest in wasting my time on a board that I have absolutely no interest in.

Coco - love your toxic gunk reference - you always make me smile girl smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 03:21PM by flipperjan.

Date: November 05, 2011 03:36PM

I just managed to find TheSt0rm in a casual glance at the main page of this board. I wonder how many other trolls from this board I'd find with a more thorough look? I imagine quite a few. It isn't just DR.

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: November 05, 2011 04:50PM

I'm a Troll!

david

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 05, 2011 06:28PM

cherimoya - I didn't mean to be rude - sorry if it came across that way. I think The stOrm IS durianrider.

I'm really sorry if some raw food vegans are annoying you it must be very irritating but please believe us when we say that some of us would never do so - 'live and let live is my motto'

Actually - tell us who the trolls are - you may find that we (the rest of us) wouldn't be very surprised. People with that kind of attitude tend to be a nuisance where ever they are!!!

Date: November 05, 2011 06:31PM

They troll you, they troll us, we're in the same boat here. How you think blaming the rest of the people who visit this forum for the crap behaviour of a couple of loudmouths is going to accomplish anything other than offending the lot of us is a mystery to me. I mean, if you came to commiserate with us hey, I hear ya! But if all you're here for is to blame the vegans for what's bugging you, no sympathy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 06:32PM by coco.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 05, 2011 07:38PM

I don't think TheSt0rm is Durianrider. TheSt0rm's posts seem completely different, and the above post by TheSt0rm appears to be a criticism of Durianrider.

Cherimoya, in your first post, you stated your problem, and then you said:

"And that's that. I wish you all well on your journey to good health."

Fair enough! You've informed anyone here who might be going to your site that you don't like it. OK.

And yet you're still here, and your purpose here now seems to be to let all of us know we must be doing something wrong. If that's the case, you're a troll.

But if that's not the case, and if you think maybe something more productive can come from your posting here, then perhaps you could give us your suggestions on how we might help you, and we'll go from there. I'm at a loss though for what we could do, except to express sympathy for your situation, which several people here have already done.

Please be reasonable. We have one mediator, and the rest of us have absolutely no control over who comes to this board. Maybe you could write to our mediator, but I don't know what our mediator here could do about what's going on at your website.

I kind of think you've accomplished your mission already; although of course, if you're prepared to stick around and be nice and not talk about eating dead animal people, as far as most here are concerned (including me), you'd probably be welcomed to stay.

On the other hand, if you insist on being here to insult people because they don't murder animals (which appears to be the only difference in our diets), then it's time to leave, and I for one will report your posts to the mediator and ask that you be removed.

It's up to you of course. It's my hope that you choose to hang out here and be nice.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 07:46PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 05, 2011 07:53PM

Durianrider is by far not the most active poster on this forum. In fact he contributes very little to any discussions here except to post fly-by or post-and-run vids of his current thoughtts.

As users we have no control over who comes and goes.. My suggestion to you is to as some of your more techy members at your own forum on how to IP block him if he really is that annoying to you or contact the software admin of the forum software you are using to see if there is a way to do that.

Coming here and trolling us just seems a bit tit for tat. As mentioned above you have garnered some sympathy but realistically there is nothing anyone here can do to solve your problem.

Perhaps you need to ask yourself why are you allowing this person to have so much control over your life. If your members firmly beleive in their paleo-ways then him posting his opinions should have little to no effect on them, therefore why the constant time battle banning him. Most people here either choose to ignore him/his posts or not .

My father had this saying in Norweigen : ikke blir hva du forakter - Do not become what you despise smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 05, 2011 10:04PM

oops! In my post I meant "moderator", not "mediator". Sorry Prana.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 05, 2011 10:21PM

The irony about DR is that I found his site yesterday and signing up is wayyyy more scrutinized than this board!

Date: November 05, 2011 11:48PM

Hey, it was me. I might do it again, too. Here, I just wrote this song for Jack Horkheimer: [soundcloud.com]

This will resolve all unanswered questions.

david

Date: November 06, 2011 04:36AM

Boy dvdai. I'm sure that's a wonderful song, but I'd suggest that anyone going there turn the volume down! I did that, but then I couldn't understand the words, except something about "searching for you", and maybe "star-gazer"?

Guess that was a love song, and I must be getting older. But whatever happened to love songs like this?

[www.youtube.com] The Temptations

[www.youtube.com] The Shirells

[www.youtube.com] Smokey Robinson

[www.youtube.com] and of course...

(pborst, you out there? Enjoy!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2011 04:38AM by suncloud.

Date: November 06, 2011 05:05AM

Oh, and

[www.youtube.com] Sam Cooke

Date: November 06, 2011 05:57AM

it wasn't a love song. More of an admiration song. It's an ode to Jack horkheimer.

Yeah, it's loud.

david

Date: November 06, 2011 01:08PM

David,

I'm OK with that loopy synth version of Debussy's arabesque that Jack Horkheimer favored. Phil Spector, now that guy could use your musical ministrations smiling smiley

P.S. Star Gazer just isn't the same without Jack sad smiley

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables