Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Water?
Posted by: elementalraw ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:14PM

What is the best or right water we should be drinking? There are so many different types you have spring, natural, mineral, distilled, reverse osmosis it is very confusing.

What is the best filter to attach to the tap, anyone here have one of them installed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 09:15PM by elementalraw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:18PM

Berkey filter is the best on the market. It's not the sort you attach to a tap though, it's portable so you can take it wherever you go. It can filter swamp water and make it drinkable.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:43PM

I drink reverse osmosis filtered water, and make sure to get enough minerals from food.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:52PM

I like spring water. Check out Water: The Great Mystery to learn about the memory in water, and how if you filter chemicals out of water, the water can still have the effect of the missing chemicals.

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: November 03, 2011 10:29PM

The best water on this planet is natural, living spring water. I drive to a local spring once a week and fill up a bunch of glass bottles for the week. The more bottles I collect, the less frequently I'll have to make the drive. It's really empowering to forage for excellent water. It's free, and there are springs all over. It's definitely worth the research and travel time.

Filters are obviously the next best choice, but they cannot filter everything, nor can they reverse the toxic imprint of the stuff they did take out. When I first learned about raw spring water, I felt it would be so difficult to get. But it's not! Research your area. For me, this is the best 75 minute drive I would ever want to make. I know I am really doing a good thing for myself and my family. And it is so great to watch this water come gushing out of the side of a mountain, and into my bottles, and then into my body.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 04, 2011 01:26AM

marsh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The best water on this planet is natural, living
> spring water. I drive to a local spring once a
> week and fill up a bunch of glass bottles for the
> week. The more bottles I collect, the less
> frequently I'll have to make the drive. It's
> really empowering to forage for excellent water.
> It's free, and there are springs all over. It's
> definitely worth the research and travel time.
>
> Filters are obviously the next best choice, but
> they cannot filter everything, nor can they
> reverse the toxic imprint of the stuff they did
> take out. When I first learned about raw spring
> water, I felt it would be so difficult to get. But
> it's not! Research your area. For me, this is the
> best 75 minute drive I would ever want to make. I
> know I am really doing a good thing for myself and
> my family. And it is so great to watch this water
> come gushing out of the side of a mountain, and
> into my bottles, and then into my body.

Marsh, can you point me to springs in IL? I don't live in the boondocks so I haven't a clue. I guess I could crank up the Google but maybe you have a cool link or something...

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: November 04, 2011 01:51AM

Fake rainwater (distilled) is the best IMHO, that way you KNOW it's clean of everything that can't travel through air. It's kind of like the air is acting as the filter.

Date: November 04, 2011 02:16AM

Hi Banana-

I found two springs that are near me from this website: www.FindaSpring.com

And to whomever is going to bash the source, I say... whatever. This is a great resource, and I don't mind whatever else this guy sells or supports- I choose to not let that bother me. His valuable contribution to spreading the word about beautiful, natural, living spring water full of fabulous life-giving goodness is what I'm focused on.

Good luck, Banana. It is so fun to forage for water! It took me a few tries, so don't give up. I drove in circles through windy mountain roads, looking for vague clues and went home empty handed twice- gallons of gas and hours of driving turned up nothing. But then, on my third attempt, there it was! You cannot imagine the feeling my daughter and I had when we saw this water coming out of a sheer cliff. It was so delicious, so cold, so natural... just amazing. It is now part of my life, and a really satisfying part, to visit these wonderful springs regularly.

And if you want to talk about Ormus... living water is teeming with it! And the springs are a magical place on this earth. Now THAT is really something good for you smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 04, 2011 06:07PM

i get spring water locally and then filter it in case of Giardia smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: November 04, 2011 08:04PM

elementalraw Wrote:
> What is the best or right water we should be
> drinking?
Steam Distilled Water is the Best. Reverse Osmosis is next, but there are expensive filters to change, and the water comes into contact with a rubber bladder in the holding tank.
All other waters, including Natural Spring, contain Inorganic Minerals which the Body cannot dissolve and utilize. Some of these minerals are eliminated, but the rest have to be stored, causing Health Problems later in Life.
I would recommend buying your own Water Distiller, rather than buying bottled Distilled Water....saves money, and no plastic taste......WY

Date: November 05, 2011 09:43AM

Thanks everyone i will look for our local springssmiling smiley.

Date: November 05, 2011 08:48PM

elementalraw Wrote:

> i will look for our local springssmiling smiley.
I might as well be talking to a Wall......WY

Date: November 05, 2011 10:53PM

Thanks, Marsh! There's supposedly one within five miles of my pad!smiling smiley But some of the comments suggest that people are a bit wary of it since it's well water and there's buried NUCLEAR MATERIAL near the river!eye rolling smiley

Date: November 05, 2011 11:14PM

Im sorry i missed your post wheatgrassyogi. What is better from natural spring water and steam distilled. Are the minerals gone?

Date: November 05, 2011 11:49PM

elementalraw Wrote:
> Im sorry i missed your post wheatgrassyogi.
That's alright Honey. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on what Water to drink. Of course the answer is 'none'. Man is not a water-drinking animal. We should get all our water needs in the food we eat......WY

Date: November 06, 2011 01:29AM

Can we meet our water needs through food alone wheatgrassyogi?

Date: November 06, 2011 03:17AM

elementalraw Wrote:
> Can we meet our water needs through food alone
Tonya Zavasta is the only person I know who does it. She juices, has Smoothies (with juice instead of water as a base), and eats Salads.....no constipating foods there that require 8 glasses of water daily......WY
P.S. Perhaps there's someone at this forum who drinks very little water, and will speak up as to how they do it?

Date: November 06, 2011 04:25AM

Hey Banana-

Remember, you want to find a SPRING not a well. There's a huge difference. Maybe you could do a little research online and figure out what's happening in your area with the nuclear waste. There has to be a good spring within reason for you to drive to. You don't want well water, though, it's not the same. What I have learned, is that the source of true spring water comes from aquifers deep in the earth. This true spring water is pure, protected from surface pollutants, and has been that way for generations. It is raw, living, highly charged water that contains intelligence, and is already in a state of perfection.

WY-
You are correct in saying that we all have our opinions about what is best, and ultimately we all need to make our own decisions. For me, I believe that water is really no different than food in this regard: I eat raw, living food. I believe that it grows from the ground in a state of perfection, and does not need to be processed in order to be good to eat. For me, and many others, it is the same for water. True spring water emerges, levitates, from deep protected sanctuaries within the earth. It nourishes the plants and animals and, in my opinions, humans as well. Denaturing and destroying it's DNA and mysterious and unseen life-supporting elements through distillation, chlorination, filtration and radiation is not something I believe makes it better to consume. I believe it is already perfect, just like the wild foods that grow naturally.

But this is a free world, and we are all free to have our opinions. I love my water. And I love my nearby spring. And I love this forum where we can all have a friendly discussion about the choices we make smiling smiley

Date: November 06, 2011 06:37AM

marsh Wrote:
> ..... I believe it is already
> perfect, just like the wild foods that grow
> naturally.
You have a good view on Water. You just convinced me......WY

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 06, 2011 07:07AM

I drank distilled water and filtered water, but they never tasted as good as natural spring water. The energy of spring water feels alive, the distilled and filtered water feels dead in comparison.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 06, 2011 08:47AM

Spring water is the best hands down.

Indeed, some research is emerging suggesting that there is far more to water than H20. I think water is alive food too.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 06, 2011 10:01AM

This is a lovely conversation. I am going to research spring water here in south West England but I'm wondering if all spring water can make the journey to the surface of the earth without being contaminated. We don't have any untouched mountains here for it to gush from - it must come up through fields or some place where man has been with his chemicals etc etc.

Marsh what is your view on this please?

Date: November 06, 2011 01:31PM

I agree with marsh, in theory: If no humans or their byproducts, deliberate or accidental, existed to contaminate springs in their locations, spring water would be the best possible water to consume, and it would all be virginal, no question.

In my lifetime[just turned 39], I have tasted true uncontaminated spring water probably only once. When we were children, we spent part of our summers at a deep glacial lake about an hour from home. One day, a friend and I took a rowboat to the mysterious clay flat of an island at one end of the lake, because we had heard from an old timer that the spring that fed the lake was located there. In a barren clearing in the middle of a pine stand and goarse, we found it, a little rill with dill-like fronds of some kind of aquatic plant swaying in its gentle flow. Is was hard to believe such a small volume of water had filled such a large lake, but my friend reminded me that this was a process of "eons." We cupped the water clumsily in our hands and sipped and it was the purest thing I had ever tasted--it was almost "not there," merely a cool sensation on the back of my throat. It was a Proustian moment for me, and I have been somewhat disappointed by other spring water I have tried, whether from unrealistic expectations or contaminants, I do not know.

Date: November 06, 2011 03:26PM

Well, I am absolutely no expert on spring water, but I'll share what I've discovered, both intuitively and via research.

As far as I know, spring water, true spring water, that levitates from the earth from the aquifers, is not polluted. It is older than the industrial age, and it has been filtered by the earth itself. Even when it emerges from areas within industrial and developed areas, it is still clean and good to drink.

I live in the San Francisco Bay area, and have 2 springs that I visit, both a little over an hour from my house. One is about 30 miles from San Francisco, a hugely populated city that I'm sure dumps plenty of toxic waste into the environment. The spring is located on a steep mountainside just a stones throw from the ocean. That water has a TDS (total dissolved solids) reading of approx 89, is around 39 degrees, and many people have been drinking it for years with no problem.

My favorite spring, where I go most, is just a few minutes up a mountain that borders the Napa Valley. This is a famous wine growing region where many, many wells and even the municipal water system is contaminated with all of the gross amounts of pesticides used for growing grapes. The wine industry has done a real harm to the local water. However, even with the alarmingly close proximity to this spring, the TDS count for that one is only 36, and the temp around 39 degrees.

Good, clean, real spring water should have a TDS of below 100. Many municipal areas have a TDS of 600, 800, and places like New York City, the numbers can be over 1000. By contrast, distilled water has a TDS of 1. As far as I know, spring water, when emerging from a true aquifer, is pure and untouched by the garbage we toss into the environment.

A few things you can do:
Get a TDS meter. They are small, like a fat pencil, and easy to use. I don't have one, but I think they cost around $10 at a hardware store. This way you can test the water you find a your local spring. Talk to locals, or visit the website www.FindaSpring.com and research what others have learned. You can also take a small sample to a local water testing facility and they'll tell you exactly what's going on. Not as scientific, but you can do an intuitive sort of a test... I used some for my daughter's goldfish bowl, and the fish would have died if the water was polluted. (Sorry, fishy, I know it wasn't nice to make you a guinea pig... but I know you're happy now that you get to swim in pristine spring water)

And the bottom line for me, is PROTECT OUR FORESTS! They are crucial to ensuring that we have springs, and spring water to drink. I believe that spring water is our last pure "food" on this planet. It has not been contaminated by environmental toxins. It is the last pure offering from this earth. Even wild foods never seen or touched by human hands have been affected by residue from nuclear fall outs and other pollution. Water is our last frontier until we shift the tide and clean this place up.

So, sorry for the long read. I find this topic fascinating, and am passionate about spring water. The more people who are educated, the better the chances of preserving our springs smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2011 03:33PM by marsh.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 06, 2011 06:18PM

Prana I just finished watching that documentary link you posted smiling smiley

thanks for sharing that ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 06, 2011 07:01PM

Tamukha and Marsh....Very nice reporting on Natural Spring Water.
I am in awe that two young women can be so intelligent.
Keep up the good work......WY

Date: November 06, 2011 08:05PM

Marsh, I used findaspring.com and it mentioned this one as a spring. Someone had it tested for lead, etc. and it turned out fine but the more extensive test is over $150 so some people have offered to chip in a little money until we can afford to get it tested for radioactivity, etc.

Date: November 06, 2011 08:06PM

WY-
It has taken me 51 years to reach this place of barely knowing anything, really. But thanks for the compliment smiling smiley I believe that we are all learning from each other.

Date: November 06, 2011 08:39PM

Thanks, WY! I benefit from your know-how in turn smiling smiley

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 07, 2011 01:01PM

Maybe a little off topic, but if water has living properties, do any of you think that other things have living properties. For instance metals? I had read something about metals being 'alive' but after they are processed they are 'dead' therefore alchemical uses after that don't do anything.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables