Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Nothing like 100% raw
Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 09, 2012 07:17PM

Banana who What chronic health issues Victoria B and others on the raw food had?

I am not discourgaging anybody to be 100 percent raw, I am just being realistic.
Most on the raw food movement gurus make things up, they take the ideal as reality, that is why so many did not live longer than they had advertised because they did not live they teachings they preached. Animals in the wild are not 100 percent raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 09, 2012 07:20PM

The Boutenko family had all sorts of issues like diabetes. I don't know which ones she had, but that was what spurred her to try it.

I find that it's a matter of convenience to be flexible about it. At one time, I thought I would be 100% but I always expressed skepticism because of living where there are cold winters (except this weird one in Chicagoland this year where it's gonna be in the mid70s this weeksmiling smiley).

How do animals cook food?

Date: March 09, 2012 07:30PM

Thanks banana who, you are really funny.
How do animals cook food?
They do not, nature cook it for them, wild fires do the trick.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: March 09, 2012 07:43PM

madinah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks banana who, you are really funny.
> How do animals cook food?
> They do not, nature cook it for them, wild fires
> do the trick.

That's your argument for Animals in the wild are not 100 percent
> raw? We're talking a small minority there. There's certainly no wildfires here in the UK. Animals probably know that rare occasions of cooked/charred food wont kill them.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 09, 2012 08:01PM

Date: March 09, 2012 08:07PM

pborst so cute, I love this forum.

Date: March 09, 2012 08:13PM

Paul, LOL!!! So cute!!!

Date: March 09, 2012 08:15PM

Madinah, thanks for being a sport. BW, I agree. These btw are 6 week old Javan leopards (I didn't even know the leopard's range went that far into Asia) so no gazelles I'm afraid. Little girl on the left with claws and her brother on the right. I hope it's captive breeding and they will be returned to the wild but doubtful based on what I know about human contact with wild animals... remember Born Free? Elsa.

Date: March 09, 2012 08:24PM

I didn't notice those claws. I saw them as just kitties, albeit with spots. Soooo adorable...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2012 09:22PM

Hey Paul, you said that they're 'Javan' leopards. Does that mean they originate from Java in Indonesia?

Re 100% raw, I'd just like to say that, while I'm not 100%, it's an ideal that I aspire to, which includes not using anything (as far as possible) that originates from animal exploitation. I totally get the 'calm' that comes with even a less than 100% raw diet. There's even studies that show that even animals have a calmer temperament when their food is fresh and unprocessed. But become hostile and bad tempered when fed cooked/processed food. Also, other abilities and/or improvements that come with the diet include extra energy, strength and cognitive functioning which has already been mentioned.

And I think that I understand the paranoia that it's you against the world thing. I can only speak for myself, but the longer that I was mostly raw, the more segregated I felt from everyone else. But at the same time, I began to um 'like' people more than I already did. It has become a joy to chat to people, even strangers. Really, the benefits of a raw vegan diet are many and varied.

Cheers, geo x

Date: March 09, 2012 09:30PM

@geo, yeah, that's what it means. No gazelle's in Indonesia. Though I suspect the adults eat something comparable. even that little girl... get a look at that paw, 6 weeks. hmmm. lol best.

Paul

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 10, 2012 12:24AM

Too adorable to wait for the fire.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 10, 2012 06:12AM

Hahaha Paul, well I never knew that. In 1974 I travelled down to a little village on the southern central coast of Java called Penangtritus. From there I went on an overland trek where I camped overnight on my own. I did keep a fire burning overnight, but it had burnt out by the time I woke the next day. I did have a feeling that I was being watched, but never thought about any wild cats eyeing me off for their dinner lol.

I passed a small village the previous day, and the children followed me for ages before they turned back. I was told that they had never seen a white man before haha.

When I travelled to Sumartra, I knew that there were Tigers, but never saw one. However, now they tell me that they have all been shot. What a waste....

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 20, 2012 01:32AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I used to
> want a dehydrator and now am seriously
> reconsidering. I think it might be more logical to
> eat simple high-raw things (fruits, veggies and
> dips) and bake the few cooked items that I eat.

Regarding baking, for me it's different, I would avoid it at all cost. Baking, grilling and frying - what's bad here is not simply that the food is cooked, but that it is cooked at a high temperature. Lots of nasty stuff is created in many foods which are cooked this way, not in all foods I suppose but many enough so I decided to tabu it altogether, makes things easier. If i have to compromise i would now go for steaming and boiling.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 20, 2012 03:49AM

i thought the leopards were cute
until i noticed the claws

give them LOTS of space
i say

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 21, 2012 10:02PM

Rab, I agree there's nothing like 100% raw. Big difference! I would even go so far as to say that if you don't eat 100% Raw, you're not a 'Raw Foodist'. I don't know who was given the authority to decree that if you eat a certain percentage of your food cooked, you're a Raw Foodist, but it doesn't make sense to me -

If you eat 'SOME animals' are you a Vegetarian? No.

If you eat 'SOME dairy and eggs' are you a Vegan? No.

If you eat 'SOME cooked food' are you a Raw Foodist? No.

If eating cooked makes a person a Raw Foodist, then everybody is a Raw Foodist.

I know - it's a matter of 'percentage', but that's stupid if you ask me.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 21, 2012 10:55PM

And who in their right mind cares whether they "qualify" to be called "raw foodist" or not? smiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 22, 2012 06:44AM

There is nothing like Heaven but I like to descend into Hell once in while?
Explain to me why you do not stay in Heaven?
Why do you go back to junk food? You had enough of the good?

When rawfoodists have nothing else to talk about they come up with thread like this one. Let's get real so as to get more to embrace raw food.

There is a social dimension to food, eating a bit of grandma's cake at jody's birthday is not going to destroy my rawness bliss.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables