Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What about portion size?
Posted by: smiller ()
Date: March 22, 2012 11:03PM

I stopped eating raw because I started gaining weight (and I'm already overweight). Any thoughts on this? Can you get fatter by eating raw? Also, I have gluten intolerance and actually swelled up with inflamation for days after drinking rejuvalac (tried several batches, each with different grains.) Any thoughts on this? I feel great when I eat green soups, but shy away from all the avos, cocos and nuts. Raw nuts - soaked, sprouted, etc - actually give me a tummy ache. Is it possible I am not able to do "raw?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What about portion size?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 23, 2012 12:05AM

It's possible that you cannot do raw, but it depends on what you were eating. If the bulk of your diet was fats, maybe your macronutrients needed to be more evenly distributed? If you were doing just greens and nuts, maybe this isn't the "right" raw diet for you.

Some gluten intolerant people can drink Rejuvelac, some can't. It's optional, so there's no reason to force it into one's diet smiling smiley

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 23, 2012 12:10AM

smiller, one way you can get more calories if you are excluding the heavier fats is to eat more sweet fruit. If you eat a smoothie with 7 bananas in it, that meal will have 700 calories, enough to keep you fueled for 1/3 of your day, assuming you eat 2000 calories a day.

The thing about eating fruit is you have to make sure your fruit is ripe. The yellow bananas you find in the store are not ripe until they are loaded with brown freckles.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 23, 2012 12:14AM

It's possible that you can't do it the way you are trying to, yet. I would saw small steps, allowing the body to adjust to each new thing, letting new things become easy habits instead of a thing you need to remember to do each day. Set small goals, reach them and set new small goals. Eventually you may find your digestion balancing itself out and becoming ready for things you couldn't handle before. Take your time smiling smiley.

Posted by: EvolveWithFlavor ()
Date: March 23, 2012 03:02AM

Dude - check out the portion on Chef Sal's Raw Food Weight Loss Recipe ...

[www.evolvewithflavor.com]

He eats a very little mass of food, but maintains muscle and low body fat at the same time.

You will have to workout though, there's no escaping that one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables