Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

500g of pine nuts...
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 05, 2012 08:49PM

...for $17. At Costco, in BC. They are a few dollars more in Washington, but still a ridiculous steal. I highly recommend everyone who can take a scout go and do so because this is a rare opportunity for raw foodists everywhere.

Pine nuts are an EXCELLENT source of phytotestosterones that can help to offset the nastiness of BPA and man-made superfluous chemical estrogens wreaking havoc on the world.

And pine nuts = bling. winking smiley

The normal going rate is something like $7.80/100g, which makes this bag like more than $50 worth of pine nuts. O.O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2012 08:50PM by phantom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 500g of pine nuts...
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: April 05, 2012 10:03PM

Cool
I dont know of any Costco near me though.
Do they really help protect against toxins?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 05, 2012 10:30PM

Are they raw? And what is the pound conversion @ 500 grams? I heard they go rancid quite quickly and that most sold are in this state.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 05, 2012 10:54PM

Costco pine nuts are made in China

Date: April 06, 2012 06:25AM

Okay, more pine nuts for me!

I also hear young coconuts are likely dipped in fungicide, but I guess I'm a digusting raw foodist because I still eat them from time to time.

Pine nuts are like gold, they're so hard to come by, so I thought this was a special bit of news. They are rich in lots of unique things that other nuts lack. Honestly, I prefer the positive effects of dietary variety to the made in China label, in this case.

Pine resins, apparently, are high in important testosterones, too. I thought it was interesting, because it's been such a public issue lately that BPA and fake estrogens are EVERYWHERE, so what foods can we add to our diets to address such a ubiquitous problem?

I used to do organic sourcing, ordering in bulk for businesses, and to my knowledge, organic pine nuts are nowhere to be found anywhere in the northeast. There's simply no other option in most places, nevermind the fact they cost $$$$$.

If there were an organic option, I would take it. Same with durian. But there isn't. Some things are special. Not to be overdone, but something fantastically wonderful on occasion.

Like I said, just sharing the news... and if you're not interested, more pine nuts for me. winking smiley

I've also been raw for long enough to be able to EASILY distinguish when nuts have gone rancid. None of the ones I've bought have gone bad, though I'd assume you could return them if they were.

pine nuts + cauliflower = amazing raw samosa filling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2012 06:28AM by phantom.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 06, 2012 10:07AM

i also eat them even though I know it is a "product of Chnia." The bag is 680 grams (not 500) 1.5 lbs.

Costco also sells an incredible 3 lb+ bag of roasted chestnuts for $3. BUT they also come from China. I purchased it just before going raw and then I got rid of them (but I ate a few). That was an incredible price though.

Date: April 07, 2012 01:38AM

I will probably never eat pine nuts for another year after these are gone... angry smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables