Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Raw Food & The Hunger Games...
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 09, 2012 07:11PM

How many of y’all have seen The Hunger Games and do any of y’all see how this could very well be our future if history does indeed repeat itself?

Mike Adams recognizes that we are on the verge of Neo-Feudalism in one of his recent articles [www.naturalnews.com], but most of us are oblivious to this reality.

For those who are interested in learning more about Feudalism and how Neo-Feudalism may be around the corner, here are some of my highlights from my file on Feudalism …

• The Feudal System was introduced to England following the invasion and conquest of the country by William I (The Conqueror).
• The system had been used in France by the Normans from the time they first settled there in about 900AD. It was a simple, but effective system, where all land was owned by the King. One quarter was kept by the King as his personal property, some was given to the church and the rest was leased out under strict controls.
• The King was in complete control under the Feudal System. He owned all the land in the country and decided who he would lease land to.
• Barons leased land from the King which was known as a manor.
• Knights were given land by a Baron in return for military service when demanded by the King.
• Villeins, sometimes known as serfs, were given land by Knights. They had to provide the Knight with free labour, food and service whenever it was demanded.
• Feudalism was a set of political and military customs in medieval Europe that flourished between the ninth and fifteenth centuries, which broadly defined was a system for ordering society around relationships derived from the holding of land in exchange for service or labor.

Peace and Love………John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food & The Hunger Games...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 09, 2012 08:26PM

Not The Hunger Games here, as well!

Where can I get away from this stuff?![grumble-grumble] angry smiley

Date: April 10, 2012 07:17AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not The Hunger Games here, as well!
>
> Where can I get away from this stuff?! angry smiley

There’s a place in Egypt you might be interested in called Denial - all you have to do is Shut Off your Frontal Lobe. Unfortunately, that’s only a short-term solution and does nothing to prevent Democide - Murder by Government, which killed 262,000,000 people during peace time in the 20th century. The Hunger Games are a Wake Up call, except in American, we have 10 Fema Camps already set up instead of the 12 regions depicted in the movie.

Have you looked at any of the hundreds of Government Documents, Textbooks, White Papers where for over 80 years, the Elites of the Western World have talked about adulterating Food and Water to Sicken and Sterilize the population for the purpose of Eugenics? It’s all covered in the book, Ecoscience written by the White House Science Czar, John P. Holdren where they talk about a Planetary Police State to carry out the forced Sterilization. They also talk about Covert Systems in the Water and Food to Sterilize the population, e.g. Fluoride and GMOs.

Have you studied the Fabian Society or read anything about Agenda 21? I’m sure you’ve read 1984 by George Orwell and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. These books did not come from their imagination. Orwell had access to the Projected Agenda through the Fabian Society, which is the same Fabian Society that Aldous Huxley was a member of and thus, had the inside Knowledge to write Brave New World.

Yes, I know this is depressing, which is why most people Run to Denial. We don’t just Run to Denial to Protect our Pleasures, but we also Run to Denial to avoid those unwanted aspects of ourselves and society so we don’t go crazy. Carl Jung called this our Shadow and it has to be dealt with and faced up to or it becomes a curse.

So for everyone who loves Raw Food, we better get more involved or Governments will murder even more people in this century and most of those deaths will be in America!

Peace and Love………John

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 10, 2012 12:49PM

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
... the Elites of the Western
> World have talked about adulterating Food and
> Water to Sicken and Sterilize the population for
> the purpose of Eugenics?

Oh for goodness sake, I HOPE THEY HURRY THE HECK UP ALREADY! Just how many more people can this planet take? Sterlize an entire generation, that will fix some of this ridiculousness quicker than quick. Humans don't deserve this planet.

Date: April 10, 2012 02:41PM

Ah, John, I see . . . Well, The Hunger Games is young adult fiction and the author demurs, herself, about there being any cryptic geo-economic meaning. I assume you were just as alarmed by The Road and The Handmaid's Tale, and leave it at that.

My frontal lobe[which is fully functional, btw], to say nothing of my family's recent history in an actual inhumane system, does not permit me to fear that which is ambiguous or unreal. There's enough real stuff to be alarmed about and to motivate ourselves to fight against. You have mentioned the programmatic dismantling of our healthy food production systems--that's a real problem that we should be actively working to fix. And that's it from me 'cos I fear we are already toeing the line of not discussing politics, as per the rules of the Forums smiling smiley

coco,

Heh!

Date: April 10, 2012 03:45PM

<<< I fear we are already toeing the line of not discussing politics, as per the rules of the Forums>>>

No one is discussing politics here, especially me. What we are talking here is what happens when we get Sick and Dis-Connected, which happens when we eat an Unnatural Diet. Throughout history, the Sickest of the Sickest of us have always tried to get away with as much as they can and the Sicker we become, which you acknowledge is happening, the more they can get away with. According to Saul Alinsky’s three-legged stool analogy, the three legs are the corporate world, government and the people, and we become the fodder that makes the other two run and unless we organize ourselves, the other two will organize us.

My concerns are not unfounded because I have done my homework. I do not operate out of Fear nor do I wish to use it to motivate people. However, history does repeat itself for a reason and since you didn’t answer any of my questions and since it appears that you don’t think some of my concerns are real, I can only assume that you have not seen any of the White Papers that I have nor have you studied anything about the Fabian Society and Agenda 21. I’d be happy to send you my files on these topics if you are interested

Peace and Love………John

Posted by: EvolveWithFlavor ()
Date: April 10, 2012 04:41PM

I saw this movie and was personally disgusted by it.

Surely we are on the verge of this if we do not eat better food and thus learn how to resolve conflict a bit better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 04:46PM by EvolveWithFlavor.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: April 10, 2012 05:56PM

Hey John,why dont you take this s--t elsewhere huh?
I sit here and sip my fresh veggie juice and laugh at the whole thing.
I got what,maybe 40 yrs left on this planet.
Let us eat our raw fresh food in peace.

VINNY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 05:57PM by eaglefly.

Date: April 10, 2012 06:06PM

I knew a fellow yrs ago that all he tuned into was the government and what-ifs.
He finally couldnt take it anymore and blew his head off.

Its all frequency.Life that is.

Whatever you want to tune into is your reality................

All communication is either a loving response or a cry for help...
Date: April 10, 2012 06:38PM

Damn Vinny...you started my day off with a smile and now look at what you're doing…you’re accusing me of Piece 8.7 in a 6 Box System that I created that has 18 Portals and 203 Pieces.

I am actually very well aware of what Joseph Campbell meant on page 104 of Pathways to Bliss when he said, “Revolution doesn’t have to do with smashing something; it has to do with bringing something forth. If you spend all of your time thinking about that which you are attacking, then you are negatively bound to it. You have to find the zeal in yourself and bring that out.”

I am also aware of what Henry David Thoreau meant when he said…

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

Or what Abraham Lincoln meant when he said…

“To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.”

Or what Mahatma Gandhi meant when he said…

"Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good. "

Or what Edmund Burke meant when he said…

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I’m truly sorry if this message bums you out. I really am, but I’m NOT a Coward and I’m aware that only 3% of Americans stood up for our Freedoms and only 5% actually fought the battle. I don’t expect 100% acceptance here or anywhere else and I know that the definition of failure is to try and please everybody. I’ve actually received Positive Feedback from others, so is your Opinion more important than others?

So if you don’t like what I have to type, don’t read it!

Peace and Love………John

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 10, 2012 06:44PM

John Rose, I hear you and appreciate your efforts. I think there is a huge difference between negativity and waking people up from their slumber. I have read so many Holocaust narratives. The people who were still in their villages scoffed at the notion of death camps and ovens. They could not fathom it. Why do we roll our eyes at possible scenarios when we've lived thru such horrors? Well, I was born long after WWII but plenty of people remember it.

Date: April 10, 2012 07:32PM

Ok John,
You are coming from a very different place I am in.
I have no clue to the references and statements you make.

I have spent 1/3 of my life trying to get to a place of relative peace inside,and overcome all the crap in the world and in my past,and Im making progress,with the raw lifestyle helping.I think anyone can do that too..
Thats the only message I would want to put out there.

I wish you peace and love,

Vinny

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 07:37PM by eaglefly.

Date: April 10, 2012 07:51PM

Thanks Vinny...you put a smile back on my face!

Peace and Love………John

Date: April 10, 2012 08:05PM

Just for the record, my response above was intended for your pre-edited post...

<<<Ok John,
You are coming from a very different place I am in.

I wish you peace and love,

Vinny>>>

Now that you have edited your post and added this...

<<<I have no clue to the references and statements you make.

I have spent 1/3 of my life trying to get to a place of relative peace inside,and overcome all the crap in the world and in my past,and Im making progress,with the raw lifestyle helping.I think anyone can do that too..
Thats the only message I would want to put out there.>>>

…I can sure appreciate what you're going through and I wish you much success in finding Vibrant Health and Peace in this Hell we live in. I feel your pain as I do everyone’s pain, which is what keeps me motivated!

Peace and Love………John

Date: April 11, 2012 04:51PM

<<< John Rose, I hear you and appreciate your efforts. I think there is a huge difference between negativity and waking people up from their slumber. I have read so many Holocaust narratives. The people who were still in their villages scoffed at the notion of death camps and ovens. They could not fathom it. Why do we roll our eyes at possible scenarios when we've lived thru such horrors? Well, I was born long after WWII but plenty of people remember it.>>>

Hi BW,

Thanks for your support and for adding some credibility to this reality.

Peace and Love………John

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 13, 2012 02:03AM

I'm with Vinny. John, if I look at the world as Hell, I see Hell. If I look at the world as Heaven, I see Heaven. Its really my choice. This really all comes down to how much I need to go to my mind to come up with concepts and opinions and preferences and judgments about the reality around me. When I am in the place of no judgment and no preference, not placing my consciousness in my mind but rather being in the place of heart and love, I see perfection.

Date: April 13, 2012 02:19AM

Well put, Prana! Now with that attitude, why do we need an Ignore function? Or to cherrypick what topics are appropriate for adults on a forum? Because if you were to look at posts and not see disruption but see their "perfection," then it's all good, right? smiling smiley

Date: April 13, 2012 02:27AM

Oh BW - that's too funny.

Brian, if your house was on fire, would you be mad at me for telling you?

Date: April 13, 2012 03:07AM

John, what if my house weren't on fire, but you were yelling "fire". Then what?

Date: April 13, 2012 03:21AM

This just came out today and Brian, your house is on fire my friend...

Dear Thrive Movement,

To protect yourself and your loved ones, you need to have an accurate sense of what's going on around you.

There are some current events you won't want to miss - a dangerous new Executive order signed on March 16th, an invasive Supreme Court ruling,

(click to watch) [www.thrivemovement.com]

and a new spy center in Bluffdale, Utah. For more information on these latest developments, check out Foster's blog.

As these recent events make clear, there has never been a more important time to wake up, get active, and spread the critical information in the movie, THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take?. [www.thrivemovement.com]

THRIVE is now spreading around the world for free! Please share the movie and spread this blog. Thank you for helping to create a world where everyone can truly have a chance to thrive.

Sincerely,

Foster, Kimberly, and the Thrive Team

Date: April 13, 2012 03:41AM

Brian,

This is why your house is ion fire...

12 Year Old Girl Explains The Crimes Of The Canadian Banking System

[canadianawareness.org]

Date: April 13, 2012 05:40PM

Prana, the problem with your analogy is that some people are saying: "Oh geez...I don't want to know that my house is on fire. Where I'm sitting it's all good. Stop being such a buzz kill..." winking smiley

Date: April 13, 2012 06:10PM

bw, the reality is that my house isn't on fire. And if it were on fire, I would do something. Until then, why should I worry about the possibility, that is, what purpose would that serve?

As for the accumulation of wealth and power by the so called elites, well, this has been going on since civilization started, and how is what is happening today any different from the efforts of people who attained by force both wealth and power?

Date: April 13, 2012 06:31PM

Well, it has an irreversable global impact for one thing. I do agree that focussing on the house being on fire before it's actually alight is worthless. Not to say that prevention isn't a good idea but some people think that when you go to that mental place you encourage the thought to become reality. I don't know about that...

In any case, I don't need any hand holding, personally. Having too much of this sort of thing thrust at me can be overwhelming. I certainly don't have my eyes glued shut to reality but I can only handle so much at once.

Date: April 13, 2012 06:43PM

Brian,

Why do Americans who only represent 5% of the world’s population have 50% of the Wealth?

The reason is because of our Freedom and our Freedom is being taken away from us almost on a daily basis, so in that respect, your house is on fire!

Everything that has happened in Germany is now happening here!!!

Check out this article by Naomi Wolf - Fascist America, in 10 easy steps

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Remember what Vladimir Lenin said, “Fascism is capitalism in decay.”

Peace and Love……….John

PS Here is an old post from someone I’m sure you’ll recognize…

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: On the US Police State
Posted by: Jose (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2007 12:39PM

This is a video everyone in the US needs to watch - Naomi Wolf interview on the descent of the US republic into fascism

[blip.tv] [blip.tv]

She mentions explicitly that this is not a partisan issue, but one everyone should be concerned with. She once again praises Ron Paul for his staunch defense of the Constitution, as she did earlier here [www.huffingtonpost.com] . In spite of him being nominally a so-called Republican, she recognises that this difference is immaterial and artificial when it comes to defending the Constitution, probably the single most pressing problem faced today.

In connection with this is the present HR1955: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Act which we have talked about here before and which would, among other things, take aim at the unregulated nature of the internet, the only free medium of information left to the people

"The Internet has aided in facilitating violent radicalization,
ideologically based violence, and the homegrown terrorism
process in the United States by providing access to broad and
constant streams of terrorist-related propaganda to United States citizens."

Here's an article with a bit more depth [www.counterpunch.org]

This is equivalent to Step 9) on the Naomi Wolf descent into fascism list [www.guardian.co.uk]

9. Dissent equals treason

Cast dissent as "treason" and criticism as "espionage'. Every closing society does this, just as it elaborates laws that increasingly criminalise certain kinds of speech and expand the definition of "spy" and "traitor". When Bill Keller, the publisher of the New York Times, ran the Lichtblau/Risen stories, Bush called the Times' leaking of classified information "disgraceful", while Republicans in Congress called for Keller to be charged with treason, and rightwing commentators and news outlets kept up the "treason" drumbeat. Some commentators, as Conason noted, reminded readers smugly that one penalty for violating the Espionage Act is execution.

Conason is right to note how serious a threat that attack represented. It is also important to recall that the 1938 Moscow show trial accused the editor of Izvestia, Nikolai Bukharin, of treason; Bukharin was, in fact, executed. And it is important to remind Americans that when the 1917 Espionage Act was last widely invoked, during the infamous 1919 Palmer Raids, leftist activists were arrested without warrants in sweeping roundups, kept in jail for up to five months, and "beaten, starved, suffocated, tortured and threatened with death", according to the historian Myra MacPherson. After that, dissent was muted in America for a decade.

In Stalin's Soviet Union, dissidents were "enemies of the people". National Socialists called those who supported Weimar democracy "November traitors".

And here is where the circle closes: most Americans do not realise that since September of last year - when Congress wrongly, foolishly, passed the Military Commissions Act of 2006 - the president has the power to call any US citizen an "enemy combatant". He has the power to define what "enemy combatant" means. The president can also delegate to anyone he chooses in the executive branch the right to define "enemy combatant" any way he or she wants and then seize Americans accordingly.

Even if you or I are American citizens, even if we turn out to be completely innocent of what he has accused us of doing, he has the power to have us seized as we are changing planes at Newark tomorrow, or have us taken with a knock on the door; ship you or me to a navy brig; and keep you or me in isolation, possibly for months, while awaiting trial. (Prolonged isolation, as psychiatrists know, triggers psychosis in otherwise mentally healthy prisoners. That is why Stalin's gulag had an isolation cell, like Guantánamo's, in every satellite prison. Camp 6, the newest, most brutal facility at Guantánamo, is all isolation cells.)

We US citizens will get a trial eventually - for now. But legal rights activists at the Center for Constitutional Rights say that the Bush administration is trying increasingly aggressively to find ways to get around giving even US citizens fair trials. "Enemy combatant" is a status offence - it is not even something you have to have done. "We have absolutely moved over into a preventive detention model - you look like you could do something bad, you might do something bad, so we're going to hold you," says a spokeswoman of the CCR.

Most Americans surely do not get this yet. No wonder: it is hard to believe, even though it is true. In every closing society, at a certain point there are some high-profile arrests - usually of opposition leaders, clergy and journalists. Then everything goes quiet. After those arrests, there are still newspapers, courts, TV and radio, and the facades of a civil society. There just isn't real dissent. There just isn't freedom. If you look at history, just before those arrests is where we are now.

Thankfully, Ron Paul is acutely aware of this process, and aims to reverse it, as he says here [www.youtube.com] and as he wrote here [www.house.gov] , way back in 2002! Another speech from 2004 [www.antiwar.com]

He is the only candidate that really understands what is going on, in my opinion, and is determined to restore the Constitution and Civil Rights and Liberties. The Democrat-controlled Congress has done NOTHING to reverse this situation, in fact they are fostering this whole process by voting for all these tyrannical laws. I would argue that people need to step back an consider backing the Constitution, a bi-partisan issue, rather than looking for someone from a "specific" party. One should welcome truth where it is found.

He needs your help and support though, please think about these things and tell everyone you know, as all this is very worrying indeed and needs immediate action. It is not business as usual, a peaceful revolution like that of Ron Paul is needed.

Cheers,
J
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: On the US Police State
Posted by: Jose (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2007 07:55PM

Another absolutely brilliant interview with Naomi Wolf [www.youtube.com]

[ [www.youtube.com] Interview with Naomi Wolf author of "The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot"

Downloadable audio mp3 of this interview available at [www.radio4all.net]...]

Cheers,
J
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: April 13, 2012 07:12PM

John, the entire history of western civilization and even north american history since the europeans arrived has been one of violence and the stealing of wealth and property from its previous owners. It has been said that property originates in theft. Without property there could be no theft.

As for the US being a police state, people like Noam Chomsky have been saying this for decades, and for the most part, I agree with his point of view. That being said, I quite like living in the US.

But as far as I am concerned, people wanting my stuff or my labor and wanting to control me, this is how it has always been, and I am OK with it. While I am OK with other people doing these naughty things, I find it more valuable for me to see where I am doing these things, that is trying to control others, taking away other people's powers, so that I can get free of these tendencies within myself. Because if I can't free myself of fears and sense of separation and sense of not being enough, how can I expect this of others (like the elite, the people in power, the rich)?

Date: April 13, 2012 09:57PM

Prana, I am referring to various legislation being signed that many people may not even be aware of. NDAA is a great example of what I am talking about. To go back to my example of the Holocaust, it didn't happen overnight. Little by little more and more civil liberties were taken away and most people blithely went along like sheep to the slaughter. That isn't a negative way of viewing it; it's what happened!

Yes, some people feed upon negativity. I agree that there is a lot of stuff that may not necessary to learn about but overall, I think there is a middle ground of being informed and aware of exactly what is happening. Even if it's speculation, we all have the ability to use intuition to determine the plausibility of it all.

How about almonds getting pasteurized? There was a petition to allow for the sale of unpasteurized nuts again. But knowing about an FDA plot to make walnuts a drug because they contain omega-3 (posted on the window of my health store) is something which I think is important to discover.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: April 14, 2012 02:00AM

'John, the entire history of western civilization and even north american history since the europeans arrived has been one of violence and the stealing of wealth and property from its previous owners.'

Yes, the main steal they did is from Konstantinopol, which crusaders destroyed and took enourmous wealth.

But, history of China, Russia, India or any other country is also filled with wars, killings and taking other people's property. How is that different?

We should not isolate the West as the cause. The human kind is in trouble and we need to find the way out of trouble. Pretending that nothing is happening will not help, I think. On the other hand I have no idea what to do...

Date: April 14, 2012 01:20PM

I think John was originally arguing that these problems that rab sums up, above, are based on the global majority's eating of foods not optimal for healthy brain function. That hypothesis I absolutely agree with!

Or have I totally missed the point of this thread? grinning smiley

Date: April 14, 2012 08:09PM

Whew, that's a whole lot of reading, and I do agree that we do need to know what's going on, especially in our own backyard as BW mentioned. However, I'm not sure the burning house analogy is very relevent. Although, perhaps we could view all these conspiracies as a fire on the horizen. In that case, like Coco, I would take some preventative measures to ensure my house wasn't at risk. So, I guess what I see here is the need for balance, to balance out the negatives with an equal amount of positives.

Our uni here is heavily focused on sustainability, and how to achieve it within our society. We learn about 'Ecologically Sustainable Development' (ESD), where instead of dramatically changing our way of living, changes are made to existing factories/businesses and implemented for new development so that they are sustainable. For instance, our government has recently introduced a 'carbon tax' for industry, in order to cut greenhouse emissions. Of course, there is opposition to this, as the ill-informed public only see a passing on of the cost to the consumer. This is a myopic view that doesn't consider future generations. We have a term for that too, 'intergenerational equity', which means that we leave the planet in good condition for our children to enjoy, and not leave our mess for them to clean up. Makes sense to me anyway.

I'm confident that we as a species will survive. It may be onerous and slow, but we are making progress. And while it's difficult for people to change their lifestyle, and perhaps we won't do it willingly, but as resources rum out, we'll be forced to change...or die.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables