Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Raw Food & The Hunger Games...
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 23, 2012 05:53PM

Tamukha wrote, “Well, The Hunger Games is young adult fiction and the author demurs, herself, about there being any cryptic geo-economic meaning. I assume you were just as alarmed by The Road and The Handmaid's Tale, and leave it at that.”

Mike Adams was talking about The Hunger Games again yesterday and he said that he just got through reading her other 2 books and that she is Pro Liberty, she supports the idea of a Republic, she sees the Government as being engaged in Bread and Circuses and she is against over Oppressive Tyrannical Governments and she understands it.

Anyway, here are my notes from Mike Adams talk yesterday…

[www.infowars.com]
Medical Tyranny and Murder In The Matrix
57:15 Minute Video
[www.youtube.com]#!

JR’s Notes:
2:32 MM
Mike Adams: “I’ve also got some more comments for you on The Hunger Games. I actually read the 2 books that follow the popular Movie - The Hunger Games - 2 books that follow that written by Suzanne Collins and it turns out she is someone who is very much aware of the Tyranny of Government and in her books, she talks about the Rebels overthrowing their Corrupt Capital. And we’re going to go into that and bring you some details from her book commentary that will leave no doubt in your mind about the fact that The Hunger Games is a book about Patriotism, of restoring Liberty and Freedom. That’s an interesting angle that hasn’t yet been covered here on infowars.com.” 3:11 MM

16:17 MM
Mike Adams: “Moving on - I want to cover this - The Hunger Games has been a very popular Movie out there. As I hinted earlier, I’ve gone ahead and read the following 2 books called Catching Fire and Mockingjay - these are books by Suzanne Collins. They’re actually written for a younger audience, but they become kind of a big popular movement to go watch this Movie even among people who are into Patriotism and into Freedom and into questioning their Governments when those Governments become Tyrannical. And there’s been a lot of speculation about what kind of person is Suzanne Collins. Is she saying we should be in favor of Liberty? What’s the message, the hidden message in the book?

Well, it turns out that after going through these 2 books, she is very clear - her position. In the 2 books following the Movie - The Hunger Games - and there’s a slight spoiler in here - the Rebels from the Districts and it turns out there are 13 Districts not just 12, they do overthrow their Corrupt Government. The Capital gets completely overthrown and the President Snow, who was played by Donald Southerland in The Hunger Games, he actually dies as he’s about to be killed in the overthrow of the Government. And there’s some very important messages in this - Suzanne Collins - she talks about the Districts forming a Republic, so when they overthrow the Capital, their idea is to have a Representative form of Government.

In the commentary about her book, she also talks about the 3 things that are common in Mythology throughout history that lead her to write this film. And that is #1) Ruthless Government and she refers to Rome as another example of that. In fact, she refers to Spartacus and she says Spartacus is reflected in the Katniss Everdeen character that is the star of The Hunger Games. She also talks about the Roman Gladiator Games and she specifically talks about Bread and Circuses in the 3rd book of The Hunger Games. And she talks about how Spartacus started an uprising and then, challenged the Corrupt Government there to work to bring Liberty to the people. She talks about this Ruthless Government always forces people to fight to the death and that’s what we’re seeing more and more in Corrupt Governments around the world and then, that’s used as a popular form of entertainment.

And specifically, she asks these questions: She says, When you look at Government today, what do you think about the choices your Government is making or other Governments around the world? She asks, What is your relationship to Reality TV and your relationship to the news? And she says that her Hunger Games is kind of a combination of Reality TV and News combined, which is a lot like what we get today - this sort of fictional construct I - this Hologram of Fabrication that the White House tries to spin for us - the Movie has much in common with that. And then she asks, Was there anything in the book that disturbs you that reflects things in your own life?

She’s essentially asking you to look around and look at what’s happening in Society today, to question Government, to question Reality, to stop watching the TV and the Reality Games and get out of the Bread and Circus Mindset and start thinking about the Real World around you.

Now she’s not been doing interviews, Suzanne Collins, the author and I believe Alex Jones was hoping to get her on the show, but her publisher said she wasn’t doing any interviews with any one. But it’s very clear that we don’t need to. Her book says the whole story. She is Pro Liberty, she supports the idea of a Republic, she sees the Government as being engaged in Bread and Circuses and she is against over Oppressive Tyrannical Governments and she understands it. She understands that the Capital ends becoming this parade of these ninny, Cosmetically Modified, Genetically Modified total miscreants who don’t know Reality. Meanwhile, the 12 Districts provide all of the Food, provide the Coal, provide the Manufacturing base and it turns out, the so-called Peacekeepers in this film, they come from District 2.

So the Peacekeepers are actually recruited from the public, which is exactly what we’re seeing today with the TSA. Yes, the TSA is, I think, the Peacekeepers from this film. And the TSA, of course, is recruited from every day mainstream Perverts and they are in turn recruited to oppress and hammer down on the common people. Let them know who’s in charge and strip away their Liberties and so on." 21:08 MM

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 23, 2012 06:07PM

I don't care what Mike Adams thinks the books are about. Collins herself hasn't made statements one way or the other. There are people who still think Animal Farm is pro-communist because people interpret fiction through the prism of their own preconceptions. In any case, I am sorry to tell Mike Adams, but Suzanne Collins is in it now. The vast majority of the children and adults that I have talked to about the books--I work in a grade school--aren't getting the message of tyranny and most of them luuuurv their reality TV.

Date: April 23, 2012 06:26PM

Hi Tamara,

I agree with you 100% that “people interpret fiction through the prism of their own preconceptions” as you just said above, however, we’re NOT talking about Mike Adams’s interpretation when he says, “she specifically talks about Bread and Circuses in the 3rd book of The Hunger Games” and “In the commentary about her book, … she asks these questions: She says, When you look at Government today, what do you think about the choices your Government is making or other Governments around the world? She asks, What is your relationship to Reality TV and your relationship to the news?

Once again, I agree with you 100% that “people interpret fiction through the prism of their own preconceptions” which explains why MOST people “aren't getting the message of tyranny and most of them luuuurv their reality TV”!

Peace and Love……….John

PS This sort of reminds me of when I was playing competitive tennis and I would go watch a professional tennis match. The one thing I noticed over the years as I got better was that the more I learned or the more I knew the more I saw and the less I knew the less I saw. So it is with life - most people are oblivious to what they’re doing, what’s being done to them and what they need to do to Wake Up from this nightmare.

Date: April 24, 2012 12:24AM

Please don't mention "The Matrix" again, John!

I talk all the time about bread and circuses, as well, though we are a far cry from the glory of Rome, LOL! This is how civilization always ends up, always, which is why the creation of Utopia eludes us. It seems to me that Collins, in her cryptic statements, is still hedging. I doubt the woman's a nihilist--they don't become best selling authors.

I am curious as to whether you are familiar with the early Stalinist era novel, We, by Eugene Zamiatin.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 24, 2012 06:39AM

Ayn Rand? Nietzsche? (Neither of which I particularly enjoy!)

Sometimes, though, seeing powerful fiction at a young age plants a seed for a deeper understanding at a later date.

But, hopefully sooner than later. winking smiley

Date: April 24, 2012 05:50PM

Tam wrote, “This is how civilization always ends up, always, which is why the creation of Utopia eludes us.”

First of all, it’s important to understand that we had 3 Mistakes under our belt before we moved into cities, so it’s only “Civilization” that always ends up in Hell. In other words, before we started making Mistakes and long before we moved into cities (which by the way is the definition of “Civilization”) we NEVER ended up where we are now.

Secondly, the fact that we have NOT Returned to Paradise has nothing to do with why we haven’t Returned to Paradise.

Thirdly, there are 21 Problems of Knowledge or 19 reasons why we have 2 forms of Ignorance where we don’t know we don’t know and the #1 reason why we have NOT Returned to Paradise is because most of us don’t know How to Return to Paradise. And then, there are 20 reasons why we don’t know, none of which have to do with the fact that we have NOT done so yet!

In conclusion, “Civilization” does NOT have to repeat itself and it all depends on whether or not we are smart enough to overcome the Negative Ripple Effect.

Peace and Love……….John

PS Yes, I am familiar with We by Yevgeny Ivanovich Zamyatin aka Eugene Zamyatin and I find it interesting that Zamyatin was associated with H. G. Wells and Wells was a member of the Fabian Society. Thanks for mentioning him as this is one of the many reasons why I’m here.

Date: April 24, 2012 06:23PM

grinning smiley

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 24, 2012 11:23PM

Hey John... Do you care to elaborate on the three mistakes and 21 problems of knowledge? grinning smiley Thanks!

Date: May 01, 2012 05:45PM

Hey phantom,

Thanks for asking as I am going crazy not sharing this with everyone, but I have to finish by book before I let the cat out of the bag.

Date: May 01, 2012 05:46PM

I just got an email from Dr. Gabriel Cousens regarding The Hunger Games…see PS below. I especially like what he says in the last paragraph…

“Whether this is the actual intent of the movie, the subtle symbolism is clearly there for anyone who is aware of history.”

The key here, of course, is “for anyone who is aware of history” and most of us have not studied history.

PS Here is that blog post from Dr. Gabriel Cousens…

[www.gabrielcousens.com]
BLOG POSTS BY GABRIEL COUSENS M.D.
MOVE REVIEW: THE HUNGER GAMES
Posted by: Administrator on 4/26/2012

The Hunger Games is a well-done but violent movie bringing up a recurrent theme in world history, which is the struggle between the Culture of Life and the Culture of Death. However, in our desensitized world where the average high school graduate has seen 100,000 murders by age 18, it may not be perceived as violent. As one who has worked with teen gangs on the south side of Chicago, and has seen enough dead teens in the emergency room from gang shootouts, I had a hard time seeing the dead teens in this movie, who had been sacrificed by society, as they are like a newly blossoming fruit ready to give to the world. This aspect of the movie touched a soft spot in me. The movie setting is some time in the future where a Romanesque Culture of Death power has dominated and colonized 12 different tribes. Without much imagination, one could certainly relate this number 12 symbolism to the 12 tribes of Am Israel who defeated the oppression of the Egyptians. The reluctant heroine of the movie and of the 12th tribe, Katniss Everdeen, shares with her boyfriend, Gale, an undercover Culture of Life existence, flowing with the flow of the situation and living as free people in the context of the colonial slavery of a Culture of Death, social/political system. She reluctantly becomes a nurturing heroine when she volunteers to replace her younger 11-year-old sister, who would certainly be unable to survive in the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is about a yearly teenage human sacrifice tribute to “honor the memory” of the defeat of an attempted rebellion of the 12 tribes against this Culture of Death colonization. The painful Hunger Games include the symbolism of the ancient human rite of human sacrifice practiced as far back as Babylonian times. In this case, one teenage woman and one teenage man from each of the 12 tribes were chosen—essentially by lot to be a gladiator entertainment show for this yearly rite of human sacrifice by the Culture of Death dominant culture. It should be historically noted that over a period of a few hundred years of Roman rule, over one million gladiators were sacrificed along with a few “winners” who were set free. The fact that there were a minute amount of winners created a situation of a glimmer of hope for those selected to be a part of this idolatrous human sacrifice ceremony. The reluctant heroine under the guidance of Haymitch Abernathy, excellently played by Woody Harrelson, is able to maintain her heartfelt humanity throughout the gladiator sacrifice show, whereas the other gladiators allowed themselves to become transformed into the Culture of Death consciousness actively and viciously trying to kill each other and Katniss. In the process of her survival, she befriends one of the other “gladiator offerings”, an 11-year-old girl from District 11 and the two work on their survival together. The beautiful bond of love between them is another testimony of the power of the Culture of Life over the Culture of Death. The beautiful ceremony in which she buries the 11-year-old who was slain by the Culture of Death gladiators brings about sympathetic riots from the tribe of District 11. It also indirectly saves her life through the compassion of the male representative of District 11 who was so touched by her compassion and love for this 11-year-old girl who was a member of his tribe. He actually saves Katniss’ life later in the Hunger Games to honor her compassionate love for his younger tribal member in the midst of the Culture of Death nightmare/dream. This is symbolic of how the idea of love and compassion of the Culture of Life can touch the hearts of even those who have been immersed in a gladiator, animalistic way of life, values, and survival instincts. It is a message of the power of the Culture of Life to touch the hearts of those whose psyches have been clouded by the values and delusion of the Culture of Death.

As the story unfolds, her love and compassion and the love of her other 12th tribe member, Peeta Mellark, whom she has also transformed, seems to captivate the Culture of Death audience and even touch their hearts. As it goes further, even the head Gamemaker, Seneca Crane, a younger member of the Culture of Death leadership, is particularly touched by their love, purity and sincerity of these representatives of the Culture of Life. This is significant because in today’s world this Culture of Death energy is symbolized by the Illuminati whose general object is to enslave the world. This subtle shift in the head Gamemaker points to the spark of light in the younger generation of the Illuminati who are still able to resonate with the heartfelt love, compassion, and values of the Culture of Life. It highlights, on a subtle level, the potential receptivity within the Culture of Death to be transformed into the Culture of Life.

What is interesting is even though the gladiators think the battle is somehow independent of the Culture of Death domination, it is very clear that the Culture of Death domination is even pervading the consciousness and even the weather and fire conditions of the gladiator battle with and without their awareness. Certain survival favors are given to Katniss and Peeta as part of this.

Near the end of the Hunger Games, after all but the two friends from the 12th District are killed, the Culture of Death tries to change the rules so instead of two from an area being victorious only one is to be victorious in a symbolically vain attempt to have those two (Katniss and Peeta) battle it out. In response, Katniss made a remarkably brilliant move reminiscent of the Jewish mass suicide of Masada 73 AD as a potent refusal to become enslaved and be spiritually violated by the Romans. It was an ultimate act of freedom and resistance, rather than become Roman slaves and prostitutes. In this case, Katniss and her cohort chose to commit suicide rather than submit and become part of the Culture of Death dominating society. This single act morally and psychologically defeats the Culture of Death symbolically, and at the very last moment in their moral defeat, those in outer power return to the previously adjusted set of rules, which said two from one tribe can win the games. So, now the two are allowed to live as co-winners. Their action reflects the silent heroism, humanitarian values, love, and compassion that are needed today to defeat the Culture of Death on the inner, and ultimately the outer plane. Their near act of revolutionary suicide is actually a reflection of Patrick Henry’s empowering quote, “Give me liberty or give me death.”

Whether this is the actual intent of the movie, the subtle symbolism is clearly there for anyone who is aware of history. May this movie as an act of awakening stir and inspire many people to consciously become part of the Culture of Life and amplify the power it entails to heal, restore, and elevate the planet to its spiritual and ecological greatness.
[www.gabrielcousens.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables