Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

asthma help
Posted by: dns ()
Date: April 10, 2012 03:21PM

Hello all, looking for some wisdom regarding raw foods and any effect they may have toward helping my wife who suffers so with asthma. Her diet consists mostly of meat and bread, (Indian culture--curry and roti) and her immune system is so weak she seems to fall to every allergy. She drinks alot of herbal teas, and takes many vitamins but I think it's not helping. Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: asthma help
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 10, 2012 03:50PM

The raw vegan diet is great for both asthma and allergies as it cuts out the foods that contributes to both those conditions. The most problematic foods tend to be dairy products, wheat and gluten foods, and highly processed foods.

I healded my severe cat allergies and chronic hay fever with raw foods. Tim Trader, a raw proponent, healed his debilitating asthma on raw foods.

Posted by: EvolveWithFlavor ()
Date: April 10, 2012 04:38PM

The Alkaline Diet potentially works for Asthma.

I personally have not met anyone who had done it but Dr. Robert Young writes extensively about it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 04:43PM by EvolveWithFlavor.

Posted by: EvolveWithFlavor ()
Date: April 10, 2012 04:40PM

My grandma has asthma though I wish sometimes she would try the alkaline diet even though it is really annoying

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 04:43PM by EvolveWithFlavor.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 10, 2012 07:12PM

Asthma is partially caused by dysfunctional adrenal glands, this is the reason why they often prescribe steroids, which are to replace what the adrenal glands should be outputting naturally.

Restoring adrenal gland function and eliminating food allergens would be my first start. Allergies are also partially caused by dysfunctional adrenal glands and can go hand in hand with asthma.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 10, 2012 08:08PM

My thoughts are that fruit, esp citrus, works to detox and hence the phlegm. But I was a very bad asthmatic from an early age. It's partly genetic too, but an alkaline diet works wonders, and I haven't suffered from asthma for years. If you don't want to eat too much fruit, then increase the raw vegies.

Date: April 10, 2012 09:11PM

Thanks to all who have replied. I will get to work with her. Keep the advice coming.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 10, 2012 10:50PM

I don't know if it was asthma but i was struggling with breathing issues for a while... and just took fruit out of my diet... because it was causing me to be too acidic and my breathing problems are gone... I gravitate mostly towards alkaline foods and it seems to be helping... I am about 80% raw vegan gluten free check for food allergies...

also consider cleaning up your outer environment of perfumy things... like of course perfume, smelly detergents, fabric softners, air freshners especially febreeze, bleach chemical based cleaners... get all natural fragrance and dye free everything soap, shampoo, dish soap, deodorants, laundry stuff... it makes a huge difference... alot of these products carry various chemicals that are asthma triggers...

good luck much love and blessings
love laugh and dream

Date: April 10, 2012 11:33PM

Anti-inflammatory living smiling smiley.

Date: April 11, 2012 01:22AM

Can you explain what you mean by "anti-inflamatory living"?

Date: April 11, 2012 01:43AM

Acute inflammation of the bronchial tubes occurs during asthma attacks.
"Inflammation is part of the complex biological response of vascular tissues to harmful stimuli, such as pathogens, damaged cells, or irritants. Inflammation is a protective attempt by the organism to remove the injurious stimuli and to initiate the healing process. Inflammation is not a synonym for infection, even in cases where inflammation is caused by infection. Although infection is caused by a microorganism, inflammation is one of the responses of the organism to the pathogen. However, inflammation is a stereotyped response, and therefore it is considered as a mechanism of innate immunity, as compared to adaptive immunity, which is specific for each pathogen."

Some of the causes of inflammation include grains (gluten), sugars, refined foods, imbalance of omega fatty acids, dairy, meat, caffeine, food sensitivities, lack of adequate sleep and exercise, stress hormones, probiotic deficiency, environmental pollution, etc etc etc.

There are dietary and lifestyle shifts that have anti-inflammatory effects. Greens, cherries, blueberries, pineapple, ginger, garlic, turmeric (particularly with the addition of black pepper). Regular exercise, adequate sleep and rest, good care taken of the body and detox organs, liver, adrenal glands, digestive system.

In my opinion anti-inflammatory living includes a combination of as many of those things as possible. It's good for asthma but it's also great for everything else too smiling smiley.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 11, 2012 08:34AM

Again inflammation and dysfunctional adrenal glands go hand in hand, so restoring and supporting the adrenal glands is where i would start.

I have some articles i will try dig them out of my blog.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: April 12, 2012 02:07AM

Thank you Coco. So much to learn,so little time.

Date: April 12, 2012 02:17AM

DNS, it takes a while for our bodies to reach such drastic stages of dis-function, it can take time in proportion to that to recover wellness. Take heart though, each small step in the right direction has a positive impact. I know there have been times when I've felt so wretched that even a smidgen of relief would have been a blessing. What a revelation to discover that I could have that smidgen, and another, and another, and another! They do all add up.
You are on the right path, be kind and gentle with yourself and take time and thought to celebrate each small goal you make and reach, then move on to the next. This is a journey, enjoy the steps smiling smiley.

Posted by: creadman ()
Date: April 08, 2013 02:51PM

I did a Google search and found this. You may find more if you type in "Raw Food List for Asthma"

[www.healwithfood.org]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 09, 2013 01:45AM

dns, Outside of raw vegan, according to Dr. Hulda Clark in the "Cure to All Diseases", Asthma is caused by contact with cats and the parasite goes into the respiratory system. To get rid of the parasite, one has to parasite zap with a parasite zapper.

If you have more questions on parasites, read her book. Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables