Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what power is in a seed
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 18, 2012 10:05PM

an apple seed
kale seed
orange seed

what goes beyond the DNA
who designed it so that it feeds animals and people

what is in this seed

it has the intent to feed us
it feeds us because it loves us ( even if they fight sometimes too)

is the seed

LOVE?

does all of life LOVE us?

is that why it does what it does

feeding and nurturing us?

pretty spiffy

if u ask me

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what power is in a seed
Posted by: jimtoo ()
Date: July 18, 2012 11:11PM

Either that or it has selfishly seduced us for propagation…damn sinister seed…smiling smiley

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 19, 2012 01:09AM

The power is God.
Or whatever name you want to put on it.
But yes....love.Survival.existence,being.
The great I AM.

Date: July 19, 2012 01:10AM

A simple seed can teach us the very essence of God.
In such a simple and readily observable form.

Date: July 19, 2012 01:18AM

I fill up a jar with water,sprinkle in a few spoon fulls of seeds,and in days there is a full jar of living food.
This simple activity has gotten me thru some of my worst days believe it or not.
Growing plants can be one of the most reassuring things we can do.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 19, 2012 06:18AM

I read a very interesting book called, "The Botany of Desire" and it had a section on apples. Although most orchards now have trees grown from grafts to ensure they get the same apple tree every time, if you take the seeds from one apple tree and plant them, they will make DIFFERENT apple trees!!! The crazy fact is that there are over 7,000 different kinds of apples! ...And you thought there were only the few you see in stores. HA!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: July 19, 2012 07:08AM

I'm a piece of fruit.

david

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 19, 2012 09:25AM

trive

<<if you take the seeds from one apple tree and plant them, they will make DIFFERENT apple trees!!! >>

oh? tell me more. i'm so very interested

eaglefly

that's beautiful... very very beautiful

jimtoo

very funny! smiling smiley

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 19, 2012 11:10AM

Apple trees grown from grafts are identical to their parent tree, but apple trees planted from seeds have very little genetic resemblance to their parent tree. This accounts for the over 7,500 known varieties of apples.

Here are a few of them:
Adam's Pearmain, Alexandra, American Golden Russet, American Mother, Api, Aromatic Russet, Ashmead's Kernel, Baldwin, Barcelona Pearmain, Barton's Incomparable, Beachamwell, Borsdorfer, Bowyer's Russet, Boston Russet, Braddick's Nonpareil, Breedon Pippin, Brickley Seedling, Brooke's, Broughton, Byson Wood Russet, Calville Blanche d'Hiver, Caraway Russet, Christie's Pippin, Claygate Pearmain, Cobham, Cockle's Pippin, Coe's Golden Drop, Cornish Aromatic, Cornish Gilliflower, Court Pendu Plat, Court of Wick, Cox's Orange Pippin, Crofton Scarlet, D'Arcy Spice, Devonshire Quarrenden, Downton Pippin, Duke of Devonshire, Early Harvest, Early Nonpareil, Eldon Pippin, Esopus Spitzenburgh, Farleigh Pippin, Federal Pearmain, Forman's Crew, Franklin's Golden Pippin, Golden Harvey, Golden Knob, Golden Nonpareil, Golden Pippin, Golden Reinette, Golden Russet, Golden Winter Pearmain, Gravenstein, Harvey's Wiltshire Defiance, Holbert's Victoria, Hornmead Pearmain, Hubbard's Pearmain, Hughes Golden Pippin, Hunt's Deux Ans, Hunt's Duke of Gloucester, Irish Peach, Isle of Wight Pippin, Joaneting, Jonathan, Keddleston Pippin, Keeping Russet, Kerry Pippin, Lamb Abbey Pearmain, Large Yellow Bough, Loan's Pearmain, Lodgemore Nonpareil, Lord Burghley, Lucombe's Pine Apple, Margaret, Maclean's Favourite, Mannington's Pearmain, Margil, Melon, Morris's Court of Wick, Morris's Nonpareil Russet, Morris's Russet, Nanny, New Rock Pippin, Nonpareil, Northern Spy, Old King of the Pippins, Ord's, Oslin, Osterley Pippin, Packhorse, Padley's Pippin, Pearson's Plate, Pennington's Seedling, Pine Golden Pippin, Pineapple Russet, Pinner Seedling, Pitmaston Golden Pippin, Pitmaston Nonpareil, Pitmaston Pine Apple, Pomeroy of Hereford, Pomme Grise, Powell's Russet, Red Ingestrie, Reinette de Breda, Reinette Carpentin, Reinette Diel, Reinette Franche, Reinette Grise, Reinette Janne Sucree, Reinette Van Mons, Reinette Verte, Ribston Pippin, Robinson's Pippin, Rosemary Russet, Ronald's Gooseberry Pippin, Ross Nonpareil, Rushock Pearmain, Russett Table Pearmain, Sack and Sugar, Sam Young, Scarlet Golden Pippin, Scarlet Nonpareil, Scarlet Pearmain, Screveton Golden Pippin, Shakespere, Siegende Reinette, Siely's Mignonne, Stoke Edith Pippin, Sturmer Pippin, Summer Golden Pippin, Sykehouse Russet, Taunton Golden Pippin, Twining's Pippin, Uellener's Golde Reinette, Wanstall, Washington, Wheeler's Russet, Whorle Pippin, Wormsley Pippin, Wyken Pippin, Yellow Ingestrie, Yellow Newtown Pippin

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 19, 2012 12:43PM

Yeah, Trive, I have an apple tree in my backyard, and no one knows what she is because of how she was propagated by a previous owner of the house. The owner crossed a few trees from the abandoned Moravian orchards that litter this area. My poor apple tree's infested with ants and dying, and I feel that this is the death of a totally unique individual and it makes me so sad, so very sad . . . .

Seeds are fantastic little fractal universes in a tiny package smiling smiley Gonna go soak some for sprouts right now!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables