Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sleep
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: November 20, 2012 05:29AM

Curious how many hours of sleep do other raw foodies get per night?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sleep
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:35PM

8-9 hours

You need to have enough calories so that your body does not wake you up to search for food. Some deficiencies like Iodine prevent people from sleeping right. There is a whole organ in your body dedicate to absorb Iodine (thyroid), so it is and important element need that we carry from our previous sea life. The best iodine supplement is Lugols solution.

[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: November 20, 2012 05:50PM

I guess this is an ignorant question, but what was our previous sea life? Were we fish, then we became mermaids and mermen, then humans?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 20, 2012 07:57PM

this was in wikipedia but then removed

[en.wikipedia.org]

"Evolution

Phylogenetically, thyroid cells are derived from primitive iodide-concentrating gastroenteric cells. Given the essential nature of iodine compounds in living organisms, organisms moving from iodine-rich seas to iodine-deficient land needed stronger systems for uptake and storage of that element. The thyroid appears to have evolved to serve that need. Venturi et al.[5] suggested that iodide has an ancestral antioxidant function in all iodide-concentrating cells from primitive algae to more recent vertebrates. In 2008, this ancestral antioxidant action of iodides has been experimentally confirmed by Küpper et al.[6] Thyroxine has a 700 million year history. It is present, while showing no hormonal action, in the fibrous exoskeletal scleroproteins of the lowest invertebrates, Porifera and Anthozoa. The active hormone, triiodothyronine (T3), became active in metamorphosis and thermogenesis, allowing for better adaptation of organisms to terrestrial environment (fresh water, atmosphere, gravity, temperature and diet)."

Then you also have this:

Colonization of land

[en.wikipedia.org]

"Brown algae (seaweeds) accumulate inorganic mineral antioxidants such as rubidium, vanadium, zinc, iron, copper, molybdenum, selenium and iodine which is concentrated more than 30,000 times the concentration of this element in seawater."

"When 500 Ma ago plants and animals began to transfer from the sea to rivers and land about 500 Ma ago, environmental deficiency of these marine mineral antioxidants and iodine, was a challenge to the evolution of terrestrial life.[130][131]"

"Iodine is the most primitive and abundant electron-rich essential element in the diet of marine and terrestrial organisms, and as iodide acts as an electron-donor and has this ancestral antioxidant function in all iodide-concentrating cells from primitive marine algae to more recent terrestrial vertebrates.[133]"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2012 08:10PM by Panchito.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:21AM

I need more sleep (9 hours) when I am at deeper levels of detox. Sometimes I wake up with sleep crud in my eyes and groggy. These times I usually have other detox symptoms- rashes, zits ect. I was sleeping from 10pm til 4 or 5am. Then I went 100% raw for 16 days now. And I'm going back into crazy detox and sleeping 10 hours!

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2012 12:26AM by Pame'laVik'toria.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables