Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coffee Enemas
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: January 09, 2013 03:39AM

Good idea or bad idea?

I am going from SAD Diet to mostly if not 100% Raw started yesterday.

Once heard Charlotte Gerson say something about the importance of first cleansing liver before body starts detoxing, otherwise you will release toxins into a body where the liver is already not working and just add all the more.

What do YOU think??

Mindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coffee Enemas
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 09, 2013 06:51AM

Not a good idea. The coffee bypasses your immune system and has a more direct route into your blood. For better health, improve your lifestyle habits, like a clean diet, getting lots of rest and sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, getting exercise, fresh air, sunshine, loving relationship, loving yourself, reducing household toxins, etc.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 09, 2013 01:12PM

I would be scared of putting coffee the other way. Bad idea. You could look into colonics better. THere are two distinct versions. In the proffesional version, they use a big tube so that you see what comes out. In the home version with a colonics board, you use a small catheter and it is much more comfortable. You would want to use warm filter water. It can make a dramatical good change (food rotten or mumified) especially if coming for a bad diet. Lots of junk comes out and you feel the difference right a way. You would do like 7 to 10 sessions 2 weeks apart. Then, once you regain your colon health, there is less and less need to do it. Colonics also exercise the GI muscles and make them stronger as well as widening the pinching points. I would prefer the home colonics over the professional one and it would also save you money over the 7 or so sessions.

You want to go like twice a day to the bathroom. A fruit based diet is the best for this. Colon operation and health make a profound difference as it avoids auto toxemia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2013 01:23PM by Panchito.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 09, 2013 04:13PM

It all depends on #1) the Condition of your Liver and #2) the amount of Pain you are in. Most of the people I have coached (and I have coached thousands of people) do NOT need to do Coffee Enemas, but for some people who have #1) an Impaired Liver, e.g. Gall Stones, or #2) they are in a lot of Pain, the Coffee Enemas are definitively something worth considering.

So listen to your body and if you decide to support your Liver with Coffee Enemas, remember, you need 24 ounces of Vegetable Juice for every Coffee Enema to offset the Electrolyte Imbalance and that the Gerson Therapy is designed to help people who are really sick and time is usually a big factor. It was imperative that these people with Cancer cleanse as quickly as their body will allow them and that’s where the Coffee Enemas come into play. Most people do not have the same urgency to heal as people with Cancer, but if you do choose a more aggressive approach, the Coffee Enemas may be of benefit.

Here is a really good article that gives a little insight into the Power of Coffee Enemas...

Detoxing and the Flagging Liver
(part 2 of 3)
(From Gerson Healing Newsletter Vol. 15, No. 3, May-June, 2000)
by Kathryn Alexander
[This is Part 2 of a 3 part series of articles by Ms. Alexander]

I've come to the conclusion that nowadays treatment follows the premise "the more that is wrong with you, the more you put in." Many clients come with bags full of nutritional supplements, homeopathic remedies and herbal preparations and have been following a diet that I couldn't fault on a scientific nutritional basis and yet they have seen no significant impact on health or real reversal of their condition. Why? - they ask. The answer is simple - if you don't address the toxicity then you can expect no long-term results. In fact, with detoxification - the more that is wrong with you, the less you put in.

There are three questions that need to be answered: how great is the toxic load, how well can it be eliminated and how fast can we safely do this? For although a person may come with specific problems in reality these only reflect varying degrees of toxicity. The more toxic, the lower the vitality and the more severe the illness. In any case history you see a gradual deterioration on all levels; the impairment of the digestive system which may have started with simple food intolerances leading to severe allergies and chemical sensitivities; the gradual impairment of the immune system giving rise to recurrent infection, candidiasis and later parasites; the gradual decline of thyroid activity (closely connected with immune function) where the slight drop in body temperature allows persistent activation of viruses including HIV; poor blood sugar control leading to addictions and later depression and last, but not least, the general decline in fertility.

So how do we handle toxicity and remove it? Detoxification involves firstly getting the tissues to release toxicity and secondly, ensuring its elimination to the outside. The second part of the equation is the most important of all, for you may be unleashing years of accumulated toxins that have been "safely" tucked away (albeit lowering the vitality of the tissues) into the blood stream at one go. This can be a greater toxic insult to the tissues and organs than the small doses received on a daily basis leaving the body in a more weakened condition than before. Unfortunately this is the first mistake that people make. They feel that the greater the toxicity, the more aggressive the treatment should be. The strongest impetus is fasting, next is fruit juice fasting, then fruit and vegetable juices, then just vegetable juices. Next comes foods - first fruits, then vegetables, first raw and then cooked. A recent case I had provides a fine example of the famous saying by the late Dr. Christopher who said "Fasting is like fire - it can either gently warm you or it can kill you."

A 47 year old man suffering with chronic fatigue over the last four years sold his business and decided to take a six week holiday and go on a water fast. His previous history showed that he suffered tonsillitis as a child, later developed food intolerances, hay fever, and recently had gallstones. There was a very strong family history of heart conditions and cancer. Almost immediately following the fast the man was diagnosed with bacterial endocarditis, which carries 30% mortality. He underwent treatment but is left with a permanently compromised heart valve where he may require a valve replacement within the next 2 years.

When we unlock such poisons in our system unless we ensure their removal to the outside they will damage the body and leave it vulnerable to infection. We assume that the body detoxifies as it goes along- including toxins from drugs. Yet it becomes apparent, for example, when a patient who has undergone chemotherapy starts to detox that the bone marrow may become depressed in the initial stages as the chemotherapy residue is shifted into the circulation: thus the patient effectively gets a second dose. If this is managed properly no ill effects occur. It is obvious from the case history of the example above that this man was not able to complete the second stage of the equation - elimination to the outside because his liver, a major route of detoxification, was blocked (gallstones).

The more toxic we become, the more "stuck" we are and the treatment must be more carefully managed. The liver is like an exit from a congested freeway. If the exit is blocked, the traffic will jam. If we then decide to send in a bulldozer to shift the traffic you will have a pile up. This is exactly what happens when you detoxify too aggressively without ensuring that the liver can cope with the amount of toxicity released. The liver is like a filter, which can clog and become weakened. This is especially true if you have suffered from glandular fever, Ross River Fever, hepatitis, digestive problems and gallstones.

We need to support the liver in its task of detoxification and there are various ways to do this. You can take specific herbs, which promote the production and flow of bile by the liver (major route of detoxification of drugs and chemicals), but this may not be totally efficient as a good proportion of the toxic bile is reabsorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract. Or there's the coffee enema! Gerson's genius lay in the fact that he recognized the dangers of toxic release into the system and he found a way to deal with it. He was working against time with many of his terminally ill patients and it was vital that he secured maximum detoxification right from the beginning. Gerson found that if he matched the rate of elimination of toxicity from the tissues with its rate of removal to the outside then over a period of time total healing occurred. It was the coffee enema that made this possible.

Gerson knew that the coffee enema dilated the bile ducts and caused a flushing of toxic bile from the liver. (Drinking coffee constricts the bile ducts). He also knew that this was the most effective method for detoxification. Since Gerson's time various active ingredients in coffee have been identified and most interestingly, the palmitates present in coffee increase the binding of toxic elements by the bile 7-fold and this enzyme-enhancing ability in the liver and small intestine does not allow reabsorption of the toxic bile. Most cholerectic herbs do not ensure this complete removal of toxins but only an increase in bile flow.

In order to assist detoxification I often recommend the coffee enema. They guard against a toxic build-up that can make you feel so dreadful and in this way help the body to heal. It is important to remember that the coffee enemas go hand-in-hand with the juices: no enemas - no juices and no juices - no enemas. The juices will remove toxicity from the tissues and the coffee enema ensures its removal to the outside. If used without the juices they will ultimately have a depleting effect on nutrients. The rule of thumb is - 3 juices (3 x 250mls) per coffee enema. If you increase the juices then you can safely increase the enemas.

Peace and Love..........John

PS When I first read about Coffee Enemas around 20 years ago, I just shook my head and said to myself, I cannot coach someone and tell them what works and what does Not work when I have NO EXPERIENCE whatsoever, so I decided to do 3 Coffee Enemas a day during the same time I did a 90 Day Juice Fast or Juice Feast. Of course, I had no idea how long I was going to do either one of them, but it took me 90 days of nothing but freshly made juice before I stopped p-o-o-p-i-n-g. And then, I decided to go another 10 days using the Coffee Enemas so I could say that I have done 300 Coffee Enemas and now, I can speak from a place I have actually been. As Buddha once said, “Only those who go where few have gone can see what few have seen.”

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 09, 2013 11:46PM

Latte enemas are better...winking smiley

Date: January 10, 2013 06:01PM

Wow, what a wealth of information.

Thank you all so much.

Cute joke, banana!

Though it may or may not be a good idea to do these coffee enemas for life, perhaps they would be good to do for those with compromised liver function.

Blessings,

Mindy

Date: January 10, 2013 09:45PM

Hi John,

I am grateful for all of the info you provided!

I am leaning towards going the coffee enema route, but have a couple of questions. Oh an by the way, here is where I posted about my health issues so that you can better understand where I am coming from:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

What do you think about what Prana said when he said, "Not a good idea. The coffee bypasses your immune system and has a more direct route into your blood."

Also, if I were to start doing coffee enemas, how often should I do them?

Only when doing a juice fast/feast?

Do you have a website?

Thanks so much,

Mindy

Date: January 10, 2013 10:11PM

John,

What do you think of this brand? I think that it might be what Gerson Inst. uses but not certain:

[www.sawilsons.com]

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 10, 2013 10:24PM

Coffee enema's are also very stimulating to the adrenal glands which is not good for overall health.

Ive had good results with bitter herbs for my sluggish liver/gallbladder and other herbs such as milk thistle and bupleurum root

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Date: January 10, 2013 11:12PM

Ok. Thanks powerlifer.

Hey, what do you eat on a daily basis? What does your food intake consist of?? Curious.

Thanks much,

Mindy

Date: January 13, 2013 07:31PM

Hi Mindy

<<<Do you have a website?>>>

It’s still under construction.

<<<Also, if I were to start doing coffee enemas, how often should I do them? Only when doing a juice fast/feast?>>>

I would NOT start with what I call the Art of Healing and would always start with what I call the Science of Healing. I’ve written on this subject extensively on this website, so just do a search. In a nut shell, there are 2 Groups of Needs we must Satisfy - one Group of Needs is based on the Law of Cause & Effect or the Science of Healing and that’s where our Species Specific Diet comes into play, as well as all of our other Essential Needs and the other Group of Needs is based on the Ripple Effect or the Art of Healing and that’s where things can get a little tricky because we cannot Change the Condition of our 4 Current Status Factors overnight and we might need to Support our Liver with Coffee Enemas or the Thyroid with Armour Thyroid or maybe even the Adrenals. Unless you already know these Organs need Support, don’t Apply the Art unless you need to. And above all, don’t make the Mistake that a lot of people make and that is to use the Art without the Science. This is a Huge Mistake and most people never learn this lesson.

<<<What do you think about what Prana said when he said, "Not a good idea. The coffee bypasses your immune system and has a more direct route into your blood.">>>

You got to look at the Big Picture when it comes to the Art of Healing. Many times we are “compensated for our loses” and to explain this in more detail, here is a 10 year old Post of mine explaining this to Bryan, aka Prana…

Superfoods...Herbs...Juice Fasting...Stimulants...Detox... Some Pros & Cons Of Natural Hygiene...
Author: John Rose
Date: 11-03-02 09:15

Here is a post that I just wrote in reply to Bryan and I feel that it is appropriate to use it to start a new thread...

Bryan wrote, "the fact that he had these symptoms after giving up certain foods and supplements tells me that those foods and supplements are somewhat toxic."

Bryan...I agree that toxic foods will stop the cleansing process...I have studied NH as much if not more than anyone else on this BB and that includes you and Zsuzsa. However, how do you explain people who are eating the SAD and they add these so-called "toxic" supplements and they feel better? Are you trying to tell me that these so-called "toxic" supplements are more toxic than pizza and beer or chicken fried steak and brandy? Are you trying to tell me that all of these substances are stimulants like coffee and cocaine?

I am not necessarily advocating the use of supplements, but supplements have come a long way since the days that Shelton wrote about them. For example, "superfoods" are not the same thing as vitamins, which I agree with Shelton are fragmented foods. When people take these "superfoods," the body is NOT stimulated because these "superfoods" are "irritants" or "excitants"...these "superfoods" are NOT "non-vital" or "uncompensated" stimuli...these "superfoods" are "vigorants," "renewers." or "nutrients"...these "superfoods" are "vital" or "compensated" stimuli. The Law of Stimulation or the Law of Excitation does NOT apply to these "superfoods"!!! Indeed, there is something in these "superfoods" that is giving these people something that they need!!!

According to Herbert Shelton, "The term stimulation is used to cover at least THREE groups of phenomena, as follows:

1.) The increase activities of the body resulting from a renewal and replenishment of its cells by nutrition--food, water, air, light, warmth, rest, exercise, etc.

2) The immediate elevation of functional action when the body is subjected to the kindly influence of light, warmth, coolness, mental elation, worthy ambition, the will, etc.

3) The defense actions of the body when subjected to IRRITANTS (POISONS) or EXCITANTS--drugs, electricity, heat, cold, blows, stabs, shocks, etc.

We have here THREE distinct groups of occasions for increased activity with at least two, perhaps three distinct groups of effects, the increased action serving different purposes and springing from different motives." -Herbert Shelton, Volume I, p. 115

"I propose that instead of calling the THREE types of occasions for added activity STIMULANTS that we use different terms for each type, somewhat as follows:

1) Vigorants, reneweres or nutrients.
2) Inspirers or tonics. ...
3) Stimulants, excitants, irritants. ...

...In a few words, while the renewers and tonics take from the body, they give more than they take, they compensate for the losses; the excitants give nothing, and take much, they do not compensate for the losses they compel." -Herbert Shelton, Volume I, p. 116

"More than twenty-five years ago, when I wrote "Human Life; Its Philosophy and Laws," I suggested that the "renewers" and "tonics" be called "compensated stimulants" and the "excitants" be called "uncompensated stimulants." -Herbert Shelton, Volume I, p. 119

"The following attempt to formulate what I formerly denominated the "Law of Stimulation," but which, I now call the "Law of Excitation," will aid us somewhat in understanding the phenomena of irritation. The reader will observe that excitation follows the law of dual effect." -Herbert Shelton, Volume I, p. 122

"The "Law of Excitation":--Whenever any irritating substance or influence is brought to bear upon the living organism this occasions vital resistance and excitation manifest by increased and impaired action, which always necessarily diminishes the power of action and does so in precisely the degree to which it accelerates action; the increased action is caused by the extra expenditure of vital power called out, not supplied, by the compulsory process and therefore the available supply of power is diminished by this amount." -Herbert Shelton, Volume I, p. 123

Now that we all better understand the differences between food and stimulants, let's take a look at juice fasting/feasting. In the past Zsuzsa has inaccurately claimed that symptoms disappear because juice fasting is toxic and works along the same lines as a stimulant. In other words, people feel better on a juice fast according to Zz because of the toxins in the juices. This is not an accurate observation. People feel better on a juice fast because a juice fast will get rid of toxins, which she just admitted is the cause of diseases, and people feel better on a juice fast because juices are foods and as Shelton would say, "they give more than they take, they compensate for their losses!!!

Now let's look at superfoods...are these "foods" or are they "excitants"? Do "they give more than they take and compensate for their losses" or do they give nothing, and take much"? What about herbs...do they not give more than they take? What about water fasting...it takes and takes and takes, but it also gets rid of toxins just like herbs do. So to evaluate the use of superfoods or herbs or juice fasting or water fasting, we must look at what we get as well as what we lose. To me this is the downfall to many people's way of thinking...they are not looking at the big picture.

Now, here is an example where Shelton does not look at the big picture..."Drugless and semi-drugless practitioners are agreed that drug stimulants are ruinous but will not admit that their own methods of stimulation are injurious unless "abused." Abuse! The thing itself is the abuse! The drugless methods used are all employed to secure the same results that drugs are used to secure. They are followed by the same depressing reaction and all of them without exception leave the patient weaker." -Herbert Shelton, Volume I, p. 123

It is this kind of absurd thinking that leads many NHer's down the wrong path...they read this dribble and since Shelton said, IT MUST BE TRUE!!! Is this man not entitled to make mistakes? Is this man not human? We must think about what we read. Just because every thing Shelton wrote up to this point was brilliant, does not mean that he is infallible! Just stop and think about what Shelton is talking about here.

Is he referring to enemas? Do enemas NOT do any good at the right time under the right circumstances? What is more important...being enervated from a bowel full of uneliminated fecal matter or being enervated from an enema?

Is he referring to herbs? Do herbs NOT give more than they take? What about milk thistle? Is milk thistle more enervating than dying?

Is he referring to juice fasting? Do juices NOT give more than they take...do they NOT compensate for their losses?!?!?! According to Shelton, "It was found by certain British and German investigators that the addition of fresh carrot juice or raw spinach juice to the diet of children suffering with severe scurvy results in recovery. The addition of fresh vegetable juices to the diet has given excellent results in many cases of malnutrition. The same is true of fruit juices. ...Changes in the urine prove positively that metabolism is improved by the liberal use of fruits and green vegetables or their juices. ...These juices are valuable not alone in malnutritional states in children, but also in chronic diseases in children and adults. Their excesses of bases supply needed basic salts to the body and enable it to sweep itself free of acids.” -Herbert Shelton Vol. II p. 406-407

Shelton claims that these "drugless methods" secure the same results as drugs...POPPY @#$%&!!! These "drugless methods" are not palliating symptoms...they are getting rid of toxins!!! They are not treating the symptoms...they are not dealing with the effects, they are getting rid of the toxins...they are dealing with the causes. Of course, some of these "drugless methods" can have the same effect as drugs if the lifestyle factors that are creating these toxins are not also corrected, and it is my guess that this is the reason why Shelton is so against these "drugless methods." In this case I agree with Shelton...most people use these "drugless methods" like they do drugs and do nothing to change their way of life. But some of these "drugless methods" can give more than they take!

I believe that all of the nutrients that we need can be obtained from raw natural plant foods provided (1) these foods are grown on fertile soil without pesticides and (2) our bodies are not compromised because they are full of toxins, which interfere with their absorption, and our bodies are not damaged so that our bodies cannot convert ALA into DHA and EPA for example. The fact that a whole generation has not been breast-feed makes me wonder if these people will ever be able to manufacture B12 in the same way as those who were breast-feed.

Just for the record, I have been raw for over 12 years...the first 5 years I averaged 90% raw and the last 7+ years I have been 100% raw, and I am doing just fine without taking supplements. I have, however, done my experimenting with various "superfoods" such as Spirulina and most of the green powders and never noticed any improvements with any of them. For many years I did not eat that many greens, but those were the years that I was using the green superfoods, so who knows if those "supplements" were the reason why I did not have any problems.

As I have mentioned many times in the past, I am a big fan of NH. In fact, I remember when I first read about NH, it was very easy to embrace because I had already found the same pieces of the puzzle that NH had found. I had already looked at all the factors that affect our health and that is what attracted me to NH right from the beginning.

I also get somewhat annoyed when I read some people's comments about NH and they are still so brainwashed that they still think AIDS is contagious...they still think that they have to go to the doctor when they get sick...they still are afraid of fasting whether it is water or juices...yes, these individuals have a lot to overcome in order to truly understand the truth...and yes, it is easy to feel insulted by those who question these simple Laws of Nature when these people haven't even read a small fraction of what you have studied and have not experienced what you have been able to prove by simply applying these Laws of Nature to yourself and even with thousands of other people. But we must NOT forget that we were once in the same boat as these people...we all have been lied to for so long that the truth now sounds like a lie...surely it cannot be this simple!!! Oh, but it is...the only difference is that times have changed and it is no longer as simple as saying eat your fruit and fast on water. We must accept the fact that our soils are depleted...we must accept the fact that most people are so toxic and deficient that they are not only unable to absorb what they eat, but they are also so deficient that they are not able to detox without unnecessary discomfort and yes, even possible harm.

I am very grateful to NH for confirming the path that I was on and for fine tuning this knowledge in ways that I could never have done on my own, but NH needs to do their homework and they need to move into the 21st century. Today's superfoods are not yesterday's vitamins and the "old blanket statements" that NH uses to explain [or] to write herbs and superfoods off do NOT hold up under scrutiny. Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance and only reflects poorly on NH and keeps people from opening up to its principles.

In an ideal world without all of the xenobiotics, without all of the pollution, without all of the other screw-ups of humanity, eating fruit and fasting on water would be all that we need. But we are no longer living in an ideal world. We have reached levels of toxicity and deficiency that mankind was never meant to be exposed to and in these less than ideal times, we must take a closer look into wild green superfoods and juice fasting as a means to get us back to paradise. As Tony once said, "This is to me is not altering the principle in any way, rather it is adapting the principle to fit the needs and abilities of the person involved."

Peace and Love.....................John

Date: January 13, 2013 10:54PM

Hi John,

I've still not read all of this post, but will.

What is NH?

Thank you so much for all of your input. It is greatly appreciated!

Mindy

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 14, 2013 12:53AM

I prefer my caffine mediums to go in the front end.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 14, 2013 01:08AM

I suppose that coffee enemas might have some ability to give relief to a person with a challenged digestive and elimination system. But what does getting this temporary relief mean when the original causes of the digestive or elimination distress are not removed from the lifestyle?

What this relief does for people is to allow them to continue making the lifestyle decisions that lead to painful digestion and elimination, rather than take a hard look at what they are eating and what foods don't serve the body any longer.

For excellent digestion, learn about food combining, eat the healthy whole foods, and then also look at the other parts of the life that may be draining your life energy. Also look to increase those things in your life that increase your well being, like giving and sharing love, not being in a state of separation from all of reality, etc.

Also, chew your food well, and don't eat when unset or fatigued.

And eat lots of leafy greens and fresh fruit, as these provide the fiber to move the toxins out.

Date: January 14, 2013 02:56AM

<<<But what does getting this temporary relief mean when the original causes of the digestive or elimination distress are not removed from the lifestyle?>>>

Doing the Coffee Enemas, i.e. dealing with the Ripple Effect or the Art of Healing, without Removing the Primary Causes, i.e. Applying the Law of Cause & Effect, is a Huge Mistake, which is exactly what I wrote in my post above - “And above all, don’t make the Mistake that a lot of people make and that is to use the Art without the Science.” I also wrote in my post above to always start with the Science first - “I would NOT start with what I call the Art of Healing and would always start with what I call the Science of Healing.”

<<<What this relief does for people is to allow them to continue making the lifestyle decisions that lead to painful digestion and elimination, rather than take a hard look at what they are eating and what foods don't serve the body any longer.>>>

Yes, I’ve written on this subject many times - everything we do that’s part of the Art has the Potential for being a Slippery Slope if we don’t first Apply the Science and Remove the Primary Causes.

Here is a post I wrote a year ago that explains this is in more detail…

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Liver Flush Myths
Posted by: John Rose
Date: January 09, 2012 12:15PM

<<<Why risk using large amounts of oil/fat to cause the gallbladder to contract when you can use safe proven herbs and spices which stimulate bile flow and gallbladder function.>>>

3 Points:

Point #1

Herbs only increase the Flow of Bile and do not command the Gallbladder to empty out its entire contents as does 100 grams of Fat in the Olive Oil and the purpose of the Gallbladder Flush is to FLUSH out the Gallbladder, not just increase the Flow of Bile.

Point #2

Another part of most Protocols are Coffee Enemas and the Palmitates in the Coffee bind to the Toxins excreted in the Bile so they can be eliminated, whereas, those Toxins excreted by using Herbs mostly get reabsorbed.

According to Kathryn Alexander in the May-June, 2000 Gerson Healing Newsletter Vol. 15, No. 3, “Gerson knew that the coffee enema dilated the bile ducts and caused a flushing of toxic bile from the liver. (Drinking coffee constricts the bile ducts). He also knew that this was the most effective method for detoxification. Since Gerson's time various active ingredients in coffee have been identified and most interestingly, the palmitates present in coffee increase the binding of toxic elements by the bile 7-fold and this enzyme-enhancing ability in the liver and small intestine does not allow reabsorption of the toxic bile. Most cholerectic herbs do not ensure this complete removal of toxins but only an increase in bile flow.”

Point #3

Consuming 4 oz. of Olive Oil (955 Calories) when the occasion arises is no different than doing an Enema when the occasion arises. There is a time and a place for certain Protocols, but all of these types of Protocols are Slippery Slopes because most of the people who use and promote them don’t address the Primary Causes and when the Primary Causes are removed, most if not all of our Warning Signs disappear without having to do anything else, like a Liver Gallbladder Flush.

So I agree that there are “better and safer options” because removing the Primary Causes is usually all it takes in most cases. But once again, there is a time and a place for certain Protocols with an understanding that they must only be done along with removing the Primary Causes and that they are also Slippery Slopes because they can take away the Pain or the Warning Sign or the Motivation that’s needed to Correct those Mistakes on a Permanent basis.

As a Wellness Consultant, most of my students don’t need to do anything extra other than chugalug some Pineapple Juice (with the core – see PS below), Chanca Piedra and maybe some Coffee Enemas because the Juice Feast that 99% of my students start with is usually all it takes to cleanse just about every cell in our body.

Once again, there is a time and a place for certain Protocols on a temporary basis, but they’re all Slippery Slopes in more ways than one. For example, many of these Protocols are providing our body with certain Level 2 Nutrients that need to be discontinued eventually so that our body does not atrophy and then, not be able to make that Nutrient on its own.

So there are at least 3 ways in which these types of Protocols can be Slippery Slopes.

1) They can take away the Pain or the Warning Sign or the Motivation that’s needed to Correct those Mistakes on a Permanent basis.
2) Most of the people who use and promote these Protocols don’t address the Primary Causes.
3) Some of these Protocols are providing our body with certain Level 2 Nutrients that need to be discontinued eventually so that our body does not atrophy and then, not be able to make that Nutrient on its own.

Peace and Love……..John

PS Here is an old post from this message board a few years back…

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Dr Flora
Author: bliss (---.isp.broadviewnet.net)
Date: 02-12-05 08:25

I wanted to thank you AGAIN for your invaluable advice, most notably all of your comments about pineapple juice. I can honestly say that after drinking it several times a week for a few months, all of my gallbladder problems are gone. I couldn't eat avocados or nuts before, because I would get uncomfortable aches and twinges, and once had a full-blown attack. I was getting to the point where I couldn't even have Energy Soup or a nice molested kale salad - the avos would trigger some kind of attack. And I've done a whole slew of liver flushes too, and they didn't help as much as just drinking fresh, ripe pineapple juice did. I love it so much - what a treat - now that's some delicious medicine! I'm going to continue to drink it a few times a week forever and ever.

I can't thank you enough for sharing your generous wisdom.

Bless,
Bliss
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: January 14, 2013 03:02AM

<<<What is NH?>>>

Natural Hygiene

Posted by: NGU ()
Date: January 14, 2013 10:16AM

John Rose, would you change that decades old picture! And stop assaulting our optics and put a shirt on this time. Thank you!

Date: January 14, 2013 02:10PM

NGU

NO, I will NOT change my picture and NO, it's NOT decades old and since most people who Eat Raw Food look Emaciated, it's important to let people know that Raw Food is NOT Lacking in Protein.

By the way, my picture is NOT about my EGO, as some might think, but most people have NOT devoted their life to waking up the masses, so they have NO idea what it takes to do so.

Just for the record, I was 50 years old in that picture with a 41 inch chest and now it's 42 inches and even though I haven't done any abdominal work in over 20 years, I still have the same 6 pack.

So tell me NGU, why are you so offended? Are you a Prude and ashamed of your body (see #7 below), are you jealous of mine or are you just ignorant?

I say ignorant because man is Naturally a Nude Animal!!!

In "The Science and Fine Art of Natural Hygiene," Herbert Shelton writes, “Man is naturally a nude animal and his body needs and should have the daily contact with the sun and air that it received before man learned to cover himself. The air alone, when playing upon the body, occasions increased metabolism. Let's briefly state the greater evils of clothing:

1) They exclude the sun and air from the body.

2) They bind the excretions of the body upon it and necessitate too frequent bathing. Clothing causes us to literally wallow in our own excretions.

3) They weaken the powers of the skin and cripple its power to quickly adapt itself to weather changes.

4) They interfere more or less with freedom of movement and hamper body development.

5) Tight bands, garters, corsets, etc., interfere both with movement and with circulation and, also, cramp the internal organs.

6) Shoes are the cause of about ninety percent of our foot troubles.

7) Clothes tend to create an air of mystery and one of shame about the body. They are potent factors in producing and maintaining prudery.

8) Clothes help to produce and maintain licentiousness and immorality. Instead of being aids to chastity, morality and modesty, they are hindrances.

By shutting out from the body, the air and sunshine; by creating an unclean body; by necessitating too frequent bathing; by restricting the movements of the body; by interfering with circulation; by cramping the organs of the body; by inducing prudery and licentiousness; by weakening the skin and limiting its resistance to environment; and by lessening the adaptive powers of the skin; clothes are distinctly EVIL and disease producing.”

Date: January 14, 2013 02:26PM

LOL

Date: January 14, 2013 03:19PM

“LOL”

So does “LOL” mean that you don’t believe that Clothes are Evil and Disease Producing?

“All truth goes through three steps. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.” -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

“When a man of high capacity hears Tao,
He does his best to put it into practice.
When a man of middling capacity hears Tao,
He is of two minds about it.
When a man of low capacity hears Tao,
He laughs out loud at it.” -Lao Tze (604-531 BC) - Tao Teh Ching

Date: January 14, 2013 05:01PM

I think you had one too many enema.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2013 05:02PM by NGU.

Date: January 14, 2013 06:36PM

Indeed, your comment tells me more about you than it does about me and it truly saddens me to see you in so much pain.

“All communication is either a loving response or a cry for help.” -A Course In Miracles

“People will not be unkind to you unless they are hurting. It is not appropriate to catch their disease. If people are being unkind, they are displaying a symptom. Remember, it’s a symptom, they are diseased. Their disease is contagious, don’t catch it. Be a healer, heal yourself and heal others. Don’t catch the disease.” -Dr. Robert Pennington

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.” -Philo of Alexandria

Date: January 14, 2013 08:19PM

Ok, so NH means Natural Hygiene. Been seeing that phrase more and more of late. What is the short definition of Natural Hygiene?

Thanks John for all of your sharing!

Mindy

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 20, 2013 06:43AM

rzman10001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I prefer my caffine mediums to go in the front
> end.

What I get not one laugh for that one? lol. I guess I won't be looking into that comedian career anytime soon.

Date: January 21, 2013 09:34AM

I laughed when I read it. Yes, it was funny.

Mindy

Date: January 21, 2013 02:14PM

Hey rzman10001,

I actually get this comment quite a bit when I tell people about Coffee Enemas.

Date: January 22, 2013 08:47PM

Ok John, I'm going to be honest with you. Because of my migraines and sort of "airheadedness" of late, I sincerely cannot digest and comprehend all that you wrote about the coffee enemas. I just simply don't have the brain power right now. Is there any way that you could explain this in a much simpler way? I'm talking mostly about the Art of Science and Art of Healing. I need layman's terms or like I sometimes say, "tell me Kindergarten-style" so that I can understand.

Sure would appreciate it.

Thanks so much John.

Mindy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2013 08:48PM by mindy66.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables