Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

When to ease off the Master Cleanse?
Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: January 18, 2013 09:29AM

I'm on day 10 of the master cleanse and am wondering how I am supposed to know when to ease off, eg detox is done. Also, what foods would I eat to refurnish my intestines with probiotics?

Glad to see the board is still alive and well smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When to ease off the Master Cleanse?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 18, 2013 10:33AM

Fermented foods are a good source of live beneficial bacteria, some common examples include kefir, cultured veggies such as sauerkrate(fermented cabbage) and kimchi. Homemade though not the store bought mostly pasteurized which contains little to no good bacteria.

Fibers from plant foods also act as prebiotics and as such stimulate the growth and activity of the gut flora.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2013 10:41AM by powerlifer.

Date: January 18, 2013 08:13PM

Thanks powerlifer. Found the answer to my other question on a different forum. I'm supposed to wait for the coating on my tongue to disapear and return to it's natural clean pink color. Darn. Looks like I'll have to keep going.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 19, 2013 09:27AM

adamlogan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks powerlifer. Found the answer to my other
> question on a different forum. I'm supposed to
> wait for the coating on my tongue to disapear and
> return to it's natural clean pink color. Darn.
> Looks like I'll have to keep going.

Im not a fan of the master cleanse Adam, so unfortunately i can't help you there.

The coating on the tongue is most commonly from bacterial overgrowth, which can be promoted by large amounts of sugar such as the maple syrup in the master cleanse and low stomach acid/gut flora imbalances.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 20, 2013 07:49PM

They should call it the "Yeast booster Fast!" laughs No seriously, I can't comment on this because I only did it a long time ago when I was not as in touch with the health of my body. It does appear to have some issues as far as yeast is concerened wich so many people have, especially women. It does give your body a rest from eating fat but there is no protien in it. Protein is better for balancing blood sugar than maple syrup, from a more critical way of looking at health. It sure does taste good though! IMO if you have health issues then it is not the best thing for you, but if you have good results then good for you.

Date: January 25, 2013 07:55AM

Ok so I'm looking into fermenting solutions for the probiotics. I'll probably order a perfect pickler if I don't find what I need at a homebrew store closeby.

Powerlifer,
You mentioned rice bran in another post as a prebiotic, I assume you are talking about the grain and not the oil?

Also as far as kefir grains go, can you recomend a starter batch? I've had kefir grains for a short while in the past given to me by a friend, I don't remember what happened to that. I think I fed them honey and water. No matter I shall start over. Do you recommend water or dairy based kefir grains?

More importantly, I guess I'm wondering what my priorities should be. I am concerned about candida & yeast being a problem. I'm going to spit in a cup of water tomorrow first thing in the morning to confirm. The growth on my tongue comes back so fast I can't help but think it's yeast.

If I do have candida I suppose I may need to end this cleanse and do something else, but what would that something else be?

Date: January 25, 2013 08:37PM

Did the home test on Candida, when I spit in a clear glass of water, the spit sunk to the bottom pretty quickly, and there it remained when I checked back 15 minutes later. So it seems I do have a Candida problem.

I'm thinking I'm going to remain on the cleanse for 3 more days and use up the lemons I have left and then ease off.

Going to hit up local homebrew shops today and see if I can find the s curve airlock and grommet/lids etc for making fermented foods. Still need advice on kefir.

Most importantly what are some good natural approaches to combating candida? Is it just a matter of promoting probiotics and gut flora? I've seen mention of threelac…

Date: January 26, 2013 05:33AM

I got ahold of the airlock and grommet today, now I need the actual container and the lid.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: January 28, 2013 12:49AM

Try making your own kombucha: [fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables