Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dr R. Morse Versus Hippocrates Health Institute
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 30, 2013 03:24PM

Different opinions about fruit. My vote goes for Dr Morse

[www.drmorsesherbalhealthclub.com]

High Sugar Levels Increase Cancer and Mortality Risk

"The above article in the Hippocrates Health Institute's e-newsletter shows the continued stupidity and narrow-mindedness that we see surrounding sugars. Please review my article on the difference between complex sugars and simple sugars, so you have somewhat of an understanding in relationship to these sugars. Many clients come to me after spending a week or two at Hippocrates telling me that they feel worse than before and are craving fruits, and for some the story was worse. You cannot starve the body for energy in a state of dis-ease! In highly depleted cases, even vegetables can cause too much energy loss through extensive digestion."

"With the philosophy of the Hippocrates, due to the way they interpret this study, you would have to use high protein diets (medical thinking) for these clients - and yet a high protein diet with cancer is deadly! If anything, this type of diet causes cancer in humans. "

"Now glucose, even being a simple sugar and found in vegetables, requires insulin to "carry" it into a cell. This is very important to note, as fructose is also a simple sugar, but much more "electrically alive." Fructose does not require insulin to be "carried" through a cell wall, it is merely pulled in by diffusion."

"Hippocrates Institute, in my opinion, is quite off base and can hurt people who have sugar metabolism problems where fruit would help them tremendously. All of our diabetics get fruit. Diabetes is one of the easiest conditions to cure! To summarize: those who have higher fasting glucose levels are starving their cells for essential carbon, which is vital in keeping a cell healthy and alive. Fruits would be very advisable in these cases, as fruit sugars can be used by cells where pancreatic and adrenal function can block glucose (vegetable sugar) entry. You might initially have some blood glucose "loading" but this will disappear and your cells will be getting energy and therefore, the atrophy will stop. "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2013 03:25PM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr R. Morse Versus Hippocrates Health Institute
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 30, 2013 04:48PM

One of my students/disciples is a doctor in Canada and he told me about Dr. Morse almost 2 years ago. Indeed, there is a lot stupidity and narrow-mindedness surrounding sugars.

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 30, 2013 04:52PM

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of my students/disciples is a doctor in Canada
> and he told me about Dr. Morse almost 2 years ago.
> Indeed, there is a lot stupidity and
> narrow-mindedness surrounding sugars.
>
> Peace and Love..........John

What about Dr. Cousens? From what I understand, he's pretty much into low-sugar juice fasting and eating, right?

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 30, 2013 11:02PM

Panchito, I have personally met and studied with Dr. Morse. He has the best success rate I have seen with cancer and nurological issues. He's a little nutty but an all arround brilliant guy and caring person in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2013 11:03PM by WorkoutMan.

Date: February 01, 2013 06:45PM

<<<What about Dr. Cousens? From what I understand, he's pretty much into low-sugar juice fasting and eating, right?>>>

Hey BW,

Cousens is NOT against fruit per se - he just advocates moderate to low glycemic fruits whereas, Clement says, "Get off fruit! If you are *very* healthy, both physically and emotionally, you can eat a maximum of 15% fruit."

The one thing I like about Cousens is that he is a scientist and is very open minded, which I cannot say for Clement. Cousens also understands the concept of Biochemical Individuality and that some people can eat a lot of fruit and others must limit their amounts, especially in the beginning. Interestingly, Cousens is classified as a "slow oxidizer" himself and has said that if he wanted to, he could eat a fruitarian type diet.

As I mentioned, Cousens is a scientist and all good scientists do not etch things in stone, however, he is somewhat influenced by Clement as is reflected in the video below which is followed by an Insert from my file on Clement which also has a video.

[www.youtube.com]
Is a 100% Fruit Diet Healthy ? - Dr. Gabriel Cousens
8:58 Minute Video

In this interview, Dr. Gabriel Cousens discusses his personal and clinical experience on a 100% fruit diet based on his 40 years working as an MD and 28+ years as plant based only.

JR’s Notes:

6:23 MM
We also know that Cancer Cells need 10 to 50 times more glucose or fructose. It’s like wow, if you’ve got Cancer, you don’t want to be having a lot of Fruit because it can aggravate it.

Now is that just my idea?

No, you’ve got Brian Clement down at the Hippocrates, you go other places, we know that Fruit / Sugar is going to aggravate Cancer Cells.

JR Insert from “Brian Clement” file…
Brian Clement used to weigh 240 pounds, addicted to sugar and smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day. In this video, he looks about 30 to 40 pounds overweight. Brian Clement claims there’s no difference between fructose and glucose and to prove it, he uses isolated fructose as an example. And then, to get enough calories, he uses gorillas as an example of getting enough sugar out of lettuce, but gorillas eat 40 to 50 pounds of food a day! Unconscious Addicts [JR - Denial]

[www.youtube.com]
Brian Clement Interview at Raw Spirit Festival Maryland
9:50 Minute Video

5:25 MM
“So pet scans that we use for diagnostic work for cancer. They inject sugar into the body. I have a colleague in California that took apple and took the sugar out of it – injected that into 3 of his patients – the same exact results came from the apple juice extract, the sugar fructose, as did the glucose.

So I know this is difficult for a lot of you listening to hear, but you’re still addicted, you still have a problem. And until you grow beyond that and put sugar in the place it should be – very little and stop listening to the cheerleader addicts that you need glucose for energy and you need it for calories and all of these things, the amount of glucose one needs or sugar you need to feed the cell comes from lettuce. I mean, gorillas obviously, that’s how they’re so strong and healthy and vital.” 6:18 MM
End of JR Insert from “Brian Clement” file.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 02, 2013 02:42AM

I stayed at Ann Wigmore in Puerto Rico and I have had lunch at Hippocrates.

My experience, is, at Hippocrates..there was a sprout salad bar, with just avocado as fruit. Greens and sprout only with kraut. I put on this dressing that was actually blended garlic. I didnt know. And when I ate it I burned my mouth and top of mouth severly!

At Ann Wigmore we weer taught fruit was bad for people with unbalanced enivronments..it feeds candida. The chef used to fight with Lalita who runs it now..about tropical fruit being bad. I gave up fruit for a few days and just ate energy soup. WHen I had some papaya days later. I sensed overwhelming feeling of good health. I was really really distressed cutting out sugar. They call it detox, but it didnt feel good. Maybe they right? Noone knows what only god knows.

I just didnt like it.

I did Phase one at tree of life. I couldnt last the three months. I was so tired. So sleepy. I had to include sugar in my raw foods.

But thanks for letting me know of a DR. Morse. I never ever heard of him. I will look him up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2013 02:44AM by coconutcream.

Date: February 02, 2013 12:47PM

Most people have different glands eficiencies which in turn may cause subtle changes in the metabolism. For example, I think people who live in a world of stress (maybe stuck with a bad job or bad circumstances) should have a different diet because of their different internal juices. This applies to fructose metabolism too. Even oposite sexes should have different diets because of their hormones. Thus, following models like 'one size fits all' should not be folllowed. But unfortunately that is what most expert preach. They seek a universal model that does not exists. It is very easy to find counter examples and argue till the cows sing.

Check this out

[en.wikipedia.org]

Stress

Recent research indicates prolonged stress can be an underlying cause of metabolic syndrome by upsetting the hormonal balance of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA-axis).[29] A dysfunctional HPA-axis causes high cortisol levels to circulate, which results in raising glucose and insulin levels, which in turn cause insulin-mediated effects on adipose tissue, ultimately promoting visceral adiposity, insulin resistance, dyslipidemia and hypertension, with direct effects on the bone, causing "low turnover" osteoporosis.[30] HPA-axis dysfunction may explain the reported risk indication of abdominal obesity to cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke.[31] Psychosocial stress is also linked to heart disease.[32]
Overweight and obesity

Central obesity

Central obesity is a key feature of the syndrome, reflecting the fact that the syndrome's prevalence is driven by the strong relationship between waist circumference and increasing adiposity. However, despite the importance of obesity, patients who are of normal weight may also be insulin-resistant and have the syndrome.[33]

Sedentary lifestyle

Physical inactivity is a predictor of CVD events and related mortality. Many components of metabolic syndrome are associated with a sedentary lifestyle, including increased adipose tissue (predominantly central); reduced HDL cholesterol; and a trend toward increased triglycerides, blood pressure, and glucose in the genetically susceptible. Compared with individuals who watched television or videos or used their computers for less than one hour daily, those who carried out these behaviors for greater than four hours daily have a twofold increased risk of metabolic syndrome.[33]

Aging

Metabolic syndrome affects 44% of the U.S. population older than age 50. With respect to that demographic, the percentage of women having the syndrome is higher than that of men. The age dependency of the syndrome's prevalence is seen in most populations around the world.[33]"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2013 12:48PM by Panchito.

Date: February 02, 2013 02:44PM

<<<Most people have different glands eficiencies which in turn may cause subtle changes in the metabolism.>>>

Hey Panchito,

Yes, this is what many people call Biochemical Individuality and this is what I call the Art of Healing where we have to take into account each person’s unique situation based on either some form of Temporary Impairment or Permanent Damage. However, the article you referenced from Wikipedia on Metabolic Syndrome leaves much to be desired since most Wikipedia articles about health care have turned Wikipedia into a PROPAGANDA MACHINE. Wikipedia is bias towards Conventional Medicine and is totally bias against Natural Health.

In order to truly understand Metabolic Syndrome, one cannot rely on Conventional Medicine and needs to simply apply a little Common Sense, which is Not to be confused with Conventional Wisdom. As Dr. Tim O'Shea says, “In America, Conventional Wisdom that has mass acceptance is usually contrived: somebody paid for it.”

Now this doesn’t mean that we can’t use some of what Wikipedia has to offer, it just means that we can’t rely on their conclusions. If we look at Wikipedia says about Metabolic Syndrome, we notice that they say that “Central obesity is a key feature of the syndrome, reflecting the fact that the syndrome's prevalence is driven by the strong relationship between waist circumference and increasing adiposity.” What these Fools don’t understand is that those BIG BELLIES, which they showed at the very top of their page, are NOT just full of FAT, they’re also full of CRAP!!! This CRAP inside our Intestines changes the Ionic Pressure in our Colon and this is what Contributes to Insulin Resistance, which is another name for Metabolic Syndrome.

This is the reason that people like myself and Gabriel Cousens see such quick results with our programs when we work with people who have Diabetes. I will include some of my Posts from this Website below where I discuss the Ionic Pressure in our Colon, especially how it affects people with Blood Sugar Problems, preceded by what Dr. Cousens said to Dr. T. Colin Campbell when Campbell told Cousens about the results Dr. Neal Bernard got on his NIH Study with Diabetics.

Here is Cousens’ response to Campbell…

On 4-27-07, Dr. Cousens was interviewing Dr. Campbell and around the 26:13 Minute Mark, Cousens says, “Our results are a little faster. Dr. Neal Barnard is seeing a 30% improvement over 22 weeks; we’re seeing a 100% improvement within 2 weeks.”

Now here are some of my Posts where I discuss the Ionic Pressure in our Colon…

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Can't really figure out how to eat for weight loss.
Posted by: John Rose
Date: June 11, 2012 12:14PM

Hey powerlifer,

In reality, the effectiveness of a Juice Feast has nothing to do with “the lack of calories being consumed” but in the Lack of Solid Food Consumed, thereby, drastically changing the Ionic Pressure in our Colon turning it from a Balloon into a Black Hole so it can SUCK all of that Crap throughout our Body out of our Body. The Key is to drastically change the Ionic Pressure in our Colon and the most drastic way is to STOP EATING SOLID FOOD!!!
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Date: June 11, 2012 03:06PM

Hey powerlifer,

Yes, blood sugar can be an issue for many, which is why those with blood sugar issues or cancer have to drink Vegetable Juices. And one of the main reasons why so many people have blood sugar issues to begin with is because their Cells are so full of Waste Matter that the sugar cannot go into the Cells. And the reason why the Cells are so full of Waste Matter is because the Colon has too much Crap inside of it, thereby, not allowing the Colon to do one of its primary jobs as a Depository for all of the other Waste Matter from all of our Cells.

So the simple solution is to drastically change the Ionic Pressure in our Colon, so the Waste Matter can dump out of the Cells and then, the Sugar can go into the Cells. This is why I see an almost 100% improvement in Type 2 Diabetes in as little as 2 weeks.

A big problem with Juice Feasting is that most people don’t do it right and in all honesty, 10% of people don’t see good results on a Juice Feast because their body is still Impaired and they haven’t figured out how to Support those Impaired Organs or Systems. But even for the 10% who have some type of Temporary Impairment, a Solid Food Vacation provides the Body with the extra Energy it needs to heal, so Juice Feasting is almost always the best preparation for a better way of life. Ideally, we want to change as fast as our bodies allow us and for most people, the Juice Feast fits the bill.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Date: June 12, 2012 12:43PM

Hey powerlifer,

Perhaps the best way to clarify our conversation for everyone else’s sake, especially those with Blood Sugar Issues, is that most Blood Sugar Issues are more related to Toxicity than Adrenal Fatigue and in most cases, the Adrenal Fatigue is also related to Toxicity.

So the Ultimate Solution is to Remove the Primary Cause or Primary Source of Toxicity, which are all of those Foods that have Slow Bowel Transit Times, thereby creating a slow Stagnant Cesspool instead of a fast moving Sewage System. This increase in Ionic Pressure in our Colon prevents our Colon from doing its job as a Depository for all of Waste Matter throughout our Body and most of Mankind’s Ills can be traced back to this simple, but deadly Impairment of Function.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Raw Potatos
Date: September 16, 2012 02:37PM

Powerlifer,
<<<it has never been anywhere near the sort proven to be the cause of all disease.>>>

I agree and I do Not follow the NH Philosophy that ALL Disease is based solely on Toxicity.

As far as the Terrain, the Terrain is the Whole Body and when the Colon is NOT working efficiently as the Depository for all of the other Waste Matter throughout the Body, the Terrain suffers. This ain’t NO THEORY - it’s all about Ionic Pressure. Stop eating Solid Food and drink about 2 Gallons of Vegetable Juice a day for at least 1 week and I’m willing to bet that you’ll Lose 5 to 10 pounds and you’ll be p-o-o-p-i-n-g your brains out! Since you eat a lot and since it’s not all Raw, you’re probably Not near as clean as you think.

In case you don’t remember, it took me 3 months to stop p-o-o-p-i-n-g 18 years ago when I went 90 days on nothing but Juices. I only had 5.8% Body Fat or 9 pounds of Fat and yet, I had a 20 pound Cesspool inside of me. I did not lose any Muscle - my 41 inch chest stayed 41 inches, but my 31 inch waste shrunk to 28 inches and then, my Abs became symmetrical! Since I documented everything that came out of me, I know this ain’t NO THEORY. Since I’ve also coached thousands of people, I know this ain’t NO THEORY!!! This is the sad Reality for most people who Eat Un-Natural Food.

So powerlifer, if you don’t have a 28 inch waste, then you probably have more junk in your trunk than you think. Trust me my friend, you would never had all of the Health problems you’ve had had you been eating Food with the Proper Bowel Transit Time.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Scientific American Raw Food Article
Date: January 20, 2013 01:04PM

Misconception #3: Raw foods are detoxifying

The biggest Piece of the Puzzle that everyone seems to NOT have, especially from those who should know better and would know better if Psychopaths didn’t Rule the World and Control what Doctors and Nutritionists are taught, has to do with our Elimination System. This is my area of expertise and I have done research in this area that is unparalleled. Nutritionists only focus on what’s in Food and have no idea about how this Food is Eliminated.

The reason why Raw Foods help cleanse the Body is because they Reduce the Ionic Pressure in our Colon and that allows our Colon to do one of its Primary Jobs as a Depository for all of the other Waste Matter from all of our Cells. And then, the reason why Juice Fasting/Feasting is even more cleansing is because it DRASTICALLY Reduces the Ionic Pressure in our Colon and turns our Colon from a Balloon with too much Pressure into a Black Hole that sucks waste matter from every cell in our Body, which is why thousands of my students have seen Miracles when they take a Solid Food Vacation and drink nothing but Juices!!!

Sure, there are lots of FOOLS with NO EXPERIENCE, except their own failed attempts, that insist that this is NOT True, but don’t listen to anyone who speaks from a place they’ve never been!!! I’ve Juice Fasted/Feasted for 1005 Days in the last 20 years on 136 different occasions and I KNOW!!! I’ve coached thousands of people and I KNOW!!! I’ve only had a handful of people out of thousands that did not respond well when they drank nothing but Juices and most of them could not or would not drink enough Juice.

Under this section, the author writes, “Another argument is that burning fat — in this case, on a raw vegan diet — would release toxins from the body. But fat cells don't burn up, as if into ashes, liberating their contents. Fats cells merely get bigger or smaller, depending on the amount of fat within the cell that's used.”

This is a Straw Man Argument as I have never heard of this argument from any Raw Food Proponent in my 24 years as a Food Research Scientist. The author falsely states that “fat cells merely get bigger or smaller, depending on the amount of fat within the cell” and yet, in this very article the author writes, “In reality, toxins can accumulate anywhere in the body, particularly in fat and fatty tissue, but also in proteins and bone.”

So fat cells can get bigger or smaller depending on not just the amount of fat within the cell, but also the amount of Toxins!

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Scientific American Raw Food Article
Date: January 22, 2013 08:24AM

<<<The bottom line is that cooked greens are far more nutritious and digestible than raw by comparison.>>>

Wrong again powerlifer, the only Nutrient we should focus on are Biophotons. Forget the Macro-Nutrients and the Micro-Nutrients unless you are Not Able to produce certain Level 2 Nutrients. Otherwise, forget what's in your Food and make sure that the Food you eat doesn't change the Ionic Pressure in your Colon or otherwise, you might end up with anyone of the tens of thousands of Dis-ease symptoms that have given names by our so-called Mis-Directed Experts based on the location and the Stage of Dis-ease.

"And we have made of ourselves living cesspools, and driven doctors to invent names for our diseases." -Plato
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 02, 2013 03:49PM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I stayed at Ann Wigmore in Puerto Rico and I have
> had lunch at Hippocrates.
>
> My experience, is, at Hippocrates..there was a
> sprout salad bar, with just avocado as fruit.
> Greens and sprout only with kraut. I put on this
> dressing that was actually blended garlic. I didnt
> know. And when I ate it I burned my mouth and top
> of mouth severly!
>
> At Ann Wigmore we weer taught fruit was bad for
> people with unbalanced enivronments..it feeds
> candida. The chef used to fight with Lalita who
> runs it now..about tropical fruit being bad. I
> gave up fruit for a few days and just ate energy
> soup. WHen I had some papaya days later. I sensed
> overwhelming feeling of good health. I was really
> really distressed cutting out sugar. They call it
> detox, but it didnt feel good. Maybe they right?
> Noone knows what only god knows.
>
> I just didnt like it.
>
> I did Phase one at tree of life. I couldnt last
> the three months. I was so tired. So sleepy. I had
> to include sugar in my raw foods.
>
> But thanks for letting me know of a DR. Morse. I
> never ever heard of him. I will look him up.

He is in florida as well, not sure if you still live there.
[www.drmorsesherbalhealthclub.com]

John Rose, I love your intensity. Im considering upping my vegetable juice intake!

Posted by: RaysofLight ()
Date: March 03, 2013 10:42PM

When you juice and eat an abundance of living and raw food goodness, you provide your body with so much extra nutrients that it may begin to balance and heal.

Good for everyone who is on the road to health and healing through juicing. You allow your body's energy to go more towards healing when you juice!
Juicing is an easy way to provide yourself with a high level of quality nutrition. The properties of plant foods being juiced make it very potent. The dense nutrients are so immense that it can provide amazing health benefits. (read more at the link) Sometimes it is difficult to know how to begin and what other actions in addtion to juicing will lead to optimal benefits. We have a program to guide people and help them and we offer scholarships.

[www.livingfoodvillage.com]

Join us for Our NuDe Reset Revolution a Guided 17 Day Juice Journey
Thursday March 7, 2013 we start the elimination phase.
Thursday March 14, 2013 we begin our NuDe Juice Feast!
We allow one week transition for the best success possible prior to
our juice feast! Learn more at the following links and Sign Up through
paypal.
[www.livingfoodvillage.com] (Beginner/Intermediate)
[www.livingfoodvillage.com] (Intermediate/Advance)
Omega 8006 - $285.59 Best Juicer/Wheat Grass Juicer/Food Processor
[ow.ly] (click here to see juicer) We never know when Amazon may change the price.

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 03, 2013 11:47PM

Here's a question -

If someone, who is new to Raw Diet (or not) discovers that they have Candida, is it wise to continue with high amounts of fruit??

Have read that you should really reduce fruit intake to almost nothing, if I remember correctly.At whatever point you find yourslef candida-free, you can start re-introducing fruit back into your diet gradually.

What do you think of this???

Mindy

Date: March 04, 2013 10:05AM

Hi Mindy.

Candida is a subject of debate because it can have different causes (weak something this ort that). Depending on the writers diet habits, people formulate opinions. Thus, people will attack or defend other people (other diets). In this book [www.amazon.com] it is explain fruit does not cause candida. Fruit diets are in minority so it is normal to find many critics.

Date: March 05, 2013 06:40AM

So, Panchito, do you believe that if one does, in fact, have yeast overgrowth that the fruit sugar does NOT feed the yeast??

Thanks

Mindy

Date: March 05, 2013 10:07AM

I don't know the answer. The book says that complex carbohydrates are the one to blame for candida (rice, pasta, potatoes, starches, etc). Complex carbs are sugars in chains. I think people blame sugars for anything.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 05, 2013 02:15PM

Mindy,

From personal experience, having had "symptoms" of candida a. overgrowth[though no strict diagnosis], and having tried the low glycemic candidiasis diet for a few months, and at another time, 80/10/10 with the same symptoms being present, I cannot recommend the former. It is my understanding, having had a cancer patient mother and knowing the prevalence of true candidiasis among those with cancer, that candida overgrowths are vastly overdiagnosed--oversuspected?--in relatively healthy people. I do not discount that many, many people might have the beginnings of an overgrowth as a precursor to cancer or other disorders of metabolism, because it is medically accepted that they require identical internal terrains to prosper. But certainly the beginnings of a small fungal overgrowth should be manageable with diet. I found Doug Graham's contention that low sugar diets don't help medically counterintuitive when I first heard it, but upon looking into it further, and trying it, I experienced healing. Don't know from what, mind you, but those ennervating symptoms cleared right up after a few weeks of high fructose/low fat eating. Go figure.

Date: March 06, 2013 09:44PM

Hmmm....something to think about for certain. I am certainly not a relatively healthy person, so I don't fall in that category.

Sooo, are you saying that you had candida and AFTER 80/10/10 you no longer do, Tamukha??

Mindy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables