Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anybody with thyroid problem?
Posted by: Mona ()
Date: February 21, 2013 10:01PM

Just wondering if raw food has helped anyone on the list who has thyroid problems, either hyper or hypo. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anybody with thyroid problem?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 22, 2013 10:07AM

raw food will detox the body which includes the glands. The thyroid and the adrenal glands afect the 'energy levels.' The best way to merasure the thyroid problems ios with a 'basal test.' the best way to measure hypo adrernal problems is with a blood pressure test. The parathyroid affects calcium utilization and metabolism which is more important than calcium intake. Another typical cause of 'low energy' is low vitamin D.

so, I would measure the temperature at the armpit (basal temperature test) and see if you have problems with the thyroid.

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: February 23, 2013 05:06PM

I just got back my blood test results and it turns out my thyroid is well within the normal limits. What I learned is everything I was tested on was fine except my calcium. The normal range is between 8.5-10.3. I was at 10.5. Has anyone dealt with that? This is what the report says:

"When blood calcium levels get low (hypocalcemia), the bones release calcium to bring it back to a good blood level. When blood calcium levels get high (hypercalcemia), the extra calcium is stored in the bones or passed out of the body in urine and stool."

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 23, 2013 05:12PM

It is not as simple as eating more of a perceived deficient element. Read about the parathyroid gland and calcium utilization. I believe detoxing this gland will improve your calcium. Improving your circulation, improving your lymphatic system (by jumping, doing inversions, etc), exercising, etc will help. It is all related. It is not only diet, diet, diet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables