Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food eater was wrong
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 16, 2013 08:13PM

[www.youtube.com]

Matt Monarch had posted a prior video about having gotten sick recently:

[www.youtube.com]

I was very interested in all this because he had mentioned how long it was since he had been ill (Angela, too). However, he has decided today that illness CAN be "caught," at least as far as I understood his video.

This flies in the face of what I have learned about dis-ease. I have heard from raw food experts that we either are detoxing or are deficient in something. It's my contention that perhaps Matt was not eating enough, especially fat. Isn't fat important for the immune system? Maybe this deficiency left him vulnerable to picking something up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food eater was wrong
Date: March 16, 2013 08:37PM

I am really curious about the timing of all this. Even before Matt got sick, he had been posting videos much more accepting of cooked foods. I think there must be something more to this story...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 08:41PM by banana who.

Date: March 17, 2013 05:22PM

I have a theory that perhaps Matt and Angela plan to introduce raw goat's milk into their daughter's diet. I mean, they feed raw meat to their dogs. If I had a dog, I think I would stick to unfertilized eggs...But I am not sure how that all works. I do know that Ani Phyo has a raw vegan dog that is huge so it can be done.

I just think the timing of these videos, even before Matt took ill, is interesting. Also, Oria's getting to the point of toddlerhood soon. This is often when babies begin to wean, right? So it would make sense that alternative sources of milk would be explored. I realize that some mamas breastfeed for years but that is not the norm, from what I gather.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 17, 2013 10:32PM

Well, keep us abreast of what they're up to. I would assume she's going to breastfeed her baby until age three at least, or let her ween herself.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: March 17, 2013 10:45PM

Raw food or not, people are still going to get sick.

There are too many environmental factors at play, these days more than ever. Even if they live in the "cleanest" environment, the water there is still polluted, the air is still filled with many pollutants.

I'm not so quick to blame it on the diet.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 18, 2013 01:33AM

Yes, it is possible to get sick even eating the best diet. Why? Because you can still get enervated, and your body will become toxic. Many raw foodists haven't changed their jobs or changed living in stressful cities or locations, and they can be inundated with environmental pollutions, EMF/wifi/cell phone pollution, energetic pollution from other people, etc.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 18, 2013 02:13AM

Good reminder, Prana. I'm working on a plan right now to get nearer to the equator and better job situation. While also living in the present and being happy. smiling smiley

Date: March 18, 2013 02:32AM

Utopian Life,

There is probably nothing better for being healthy than living in the present. It sounds so easy, and can be, except almost everyone was trained to live in their minds.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 18, 2013 04:44AM

I agree! It's so simple and brings peace to your life, but we've been indoctrinated to live in the past and also ambitious for "future" plans! grinning smiley

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 18, 2013 01:18PM

I think even the healthies inmune system can fall victim of a virus. There are thousands of different cold virus and a extrong inmune system cannot have all the defense ready. Also age plays a role. The older we get the greater the changes of getting a cold.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 18, 2013 01:36PM

Raw foodists and Natural Hygienists seem to view the body in two states, toxified and detoxed. This isn't how the immune system or the body works though. Even individuals with healthy immune systems can pick up the odd cold or flu, as long as its not happening regularly its generally not something to worry about.

Saying that i haven't had the cold or flu in about a decade despite how poor my health was in other ways i.e adrenal fatigue etc. Eliminating white bread and soda's from my diet i.e all the sugar was when lots of my symptoms disappeared such as my chronic tonsillitis that i had regularly since young, sore throats often and cold/mild flu symptoms. I removed white bread and sodas when i was about 15 and my cystic acne cleared up pretty much in days.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 01:40PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 18, 2013 03:00PM

earth NEEDS viruses and bacteria. We need to get sick once in a while or else say 20 years goes by and your immune system hasn't caught up with the current strains of sicknesses. You might die! because you haven't adapted. I am super raw, and I happily accept getting sick as it makes me immune! and I get over the sickness so much faster than people in the community who all eat cooked, and act like the world is falling in on them for weeks when they get sick.

ever seen war of the worlds or read it? we would be outta luck without these awesome little buggers!

Date: March 18, 2013 03:12PM

powerlifer, its not toxed/detoxed, but rather enervated/energetic. Many things can enervate you, simply working too much or not getting enough sleep. Once enervated, its easy for the body to become toxic. Cleaning up diet helps, but it cannot prevent enervation.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 18, 2013 03:59PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> powerlifer, its not toxed/detoxed, but rather
> enervated/energetic. Many things can enervate you,
> simply working too much or not getting enough
> sleep. Once enervated, its easy for the body to
> become toxic. Cleaning up diet helps, but it
> cannot prevent enervation.

This is still based on the highly flawed toxin theory though. When people catch bugs from working too much/burn out or not getting enough sleep, proper nutrition etc this is because certain parts of the immune system such as the adrenal glands are not functioning optimally, rather than suddenly becoming toxic.

What toxins is it you guys think you accumulate so easily ?. As someone who has had heavy metal poisoning i understand the role toxic elements play in health, but its not that common in my opinion and only relates to a very, very small number of health conditions.

The way raw foodists talk about toxins and toxemia, is the belief that its related to the cause of all health problems, which we know isn't true. Detox is over-rated.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 04:03PM by powerlifer.

Date: March 18, 2013 05:06PM

I agree with you, Raw Lion! I know people who NEVER get a cold...That doesn't mean they have healthy bodies! Then they get cancer. Getting a cold is another chance to detox. Some people are so toxic that their bodies cannot attempt cleansing until their illness has reached the end point (very serious condition).

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 18, 2013 05:30PM

<<<What toxins is it you guys think you accumulate so easily?>>>

The fact that you have to ask means that you don’t know and the fact that you don’t know means that you have not investigated and as Albert Einstein once said, “Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.”

<<<The way raw foodists talk about toxins and toxemia, is the belief that its related to the cause of all health problems, which we know isn't true. Detox is over-rated.>>>

That’s a Straw Man Argument. In the beginning, Natural Hygienists down played Deficiencies, but not so much anymore, but more importantly, Natural Hygienists do NOT represent everyone who understands the Evils that come from Polluting our Food with Fire. And then, to say Detox is over-rated shows a complete lack of understanding to the True Cause to MOST Diseases - NOT ALL, but MOST!!! If Toxins from both Endogenous and Exogenous Sources are NOT Causing MOST of our Diseases, than Fasting would NOT reverse as many Conditions as it does. Unfortunately, the Chemical Revolution has made Water Fasting an Unsafe Protocol unless we address all of those Chemicals that Fasting was NOT designed to deal with, which is why Juice Fasting/Feasting is an idea whose time has come!!!

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 18, 2013 05:52PM

<<<I know people who NEVER get a cold...That doesn't mean they have healthy bodies! Then they get cancer. Getting a cold is another chance to detox. Some people are so toxic that their bodies cannot attempt cleansing until their illness has reached the end point (very serious condition).>>>

Hey BW,

Exactly, we need Energy to Detox, which is why when we develop a Chronic Disease and we stop Enervating ourselves, our bodies Retrace back to an Acute Disease, which is what Detox is all about.

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2013 05:57PM

RAWLION Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> earth NEEDS viruses and bacteria. We need to get
> sick once in a while or else say 20 years goes by
> and your immune system hasn't caught up with the
> current strains of sicknesses. You might die!
> because you haven't adapted. I am super raw, and
> I happily accept getting sick as it makes me
> immune! and I get over the sickness so much
> faster than people in the community who all eat
> cooked, and act like the world is falling in on
> them for weeks when they get sick.
>
> ever seen war of the worlds or read it? we
> would be outta luck without these awesome little
> buggers!

Right ON! A healthy immune system will rise to the challenge of foreign invaders, keeps it working long and strong!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables