Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is balanced exercised?
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: April 01, 2013 02:43PM

I am trying to figure out what to do for exercise as I age. I am doing much better with veganism since the support, however, I find myself sore after doing intense cardio.

But, on the other hand, I love it and it gives me a healthy rush. I am going to try yoga again, but would like to hear others who are working out, how much and what do you do?

Here is my intentions.. take one week off of weight training. Do yoga and maybe cardio 2-3 times a week. Keep in mind, I do not have a car, so I walk about 4 miles in general, regardless of my workout.

A friend of mine reminded me to be cautious about adrenaline fatigue. I do not think I have it, but only because I make sure to rest when needed.

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is balanced exercised?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 01, 2013 06:29PM

exercising two or three times a week sounds good. Find a pace a works for you. Feeling sore is normal at first.

Date: April 01, 2013 06:39PM

I have been exercising 6 days a week for about 8 years.. very rarely do I take time off, so the soreness is definitely not a new thing. I think I just have been under alot of stress with school.

so, I need to find a balance.Extremes are not good, but I am clinging to the cardio workouts which I have read can make someone hold onto fat from cortisol levels... not sure if this true, but my friends keep telling me to take some time off from cardio and let myself relax.

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: April 02, 2013 02:27AM

I am probably the last person to give advice about exercise, but I would guess that it really depends on what type of exercise you are doing and for how long.

Mindy

Date: April 02, 2013 03:38AM

mindy66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am probably the last person to give advice about
> exercise, but I would guess that it really depends
> on what type of exercise you are doing and for how
> long.

Stop it! I appreciate your thoughts... and yes, I value your insight..regardless if you exercise or not.

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: April 02, 2013 05:47AM

I'm in my early 50's and recently settled into a nice routine that combines yoga and calisthenics.

Yoga can be varied from a mellow stretch to major butt kicking workout depending on how long you hold poses and how you transition from pose to pose.

Calisthenics, the basics are great at any age or level of fitness. There is something very satisfying about manipulating your own body weight for a workout.

I don't practice it yet but tai chi can also be a great workout. Look at this woman, 40+ times a gold medal winner, Master Gao Jiamin: [www.youtube.com]#!

Now check out tai chi combative training.
[www.youtube.com]

Not for wimps that's for sure...

Hope it helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 05:48AM by swimmer.

Date: April 04, 2013 06:40PM

Thanks! I did pilates and kickboxing last night.. it was a nice workout.

Still need to find the right balance, but I think cardio and either pilates or yoga will be my routine for a bit.

Also, I actually wanted to eat the apple today instead of contemplating over and over... is this sugar bad for me or not. Ridiculous.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables