Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do You Think Going Raw Would Help?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 07, 2006 08:41AM

I've already made my decision to go raw. I've done it once before a couple of years ago but fell through the cracks during a rather stressing and emotional time.

I was wondering if anyone here has had success with eating raw and getting rid of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)? I was diagnosed with it about a year ago. More than anything else it is a hormonal imbalance which can ultimately lead to cysts on your ovaries (which I have). I recently went to the doc. and found out that once you're diagnosed with PCOS then that's pretty much it - you have it. I'm also worried because this condition can affect fertility - forcing you onto fertility medications usually in order to have children.

Anyone have any personal experience with this? Advice?

Thanks,
~Kat

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do You Think Going Raw Would Help?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 07, 2006 11:07AM

It depends on where you are coming from. If you are currently overweight and lose weight on raw, that might be a big help.

If you are currently normal or underweight and on a low fat cooked vegan diet rich in fiber it might not make much of a difference.

Researchers theorize that a low fat diet high in fiber and emphasizing the low GI carbohydrates might be best. You can certainly meet these goals on raw.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 07, 2006 05:21PM

As Dr D. says, "There are no contraindications to healthful living".

Good health is more than just a healthy raw diet. All aspects of health need to be addressed, from emotional state to getting plenty of rest and sleep.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: November 07, 2006 07:02PM

I had a friend who went raw many years ago (early 70's). Actually, she was just 90%-95% raw. She had a cyst or fibroid the size of a grapefruit in her uterus that went away completely after about 10 weeks.

In addition to the almost raw diet (she also ate an occasional baked potato or steamed vegetable or grain), she had nightly hot baths with epsom salts in them and some light exercises.

There's a very good doctor, Dr. Fuhrman, who is a natural hygenist and MD. I believe he's in the NJ area. He wrote a book, "Eating and Fasting for Health". IMHO he'd be a good one to see if you want to address a serious illness with natural diet.

Good luck.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 08, 2006 12:49AM

You might find the ideas & advice of Julia Chang on www.sensiblehealth.com helpful re PCOS. She says it is brought about by poor condition of the liver.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables