Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What can I do about my Anxiety?
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 14, 2013 05:50PM

I think my main concern about poppy seed sprouts is the concern about poppy seeds. They can cause false positive results on drug tests due to small amounts of opiods. Not enough to get you high but enough to cause a false postive result [www.snopes.com]. Also, you do need some science to show that it helps with anxiety.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: clank72 ()
Date: June 14, 2013 06:18PM

Hey guys, I found something to help my Anxiety. I bought the "Panic Away" course, I read the whole book and followed the techniques. Since starting this post I have not had any issues at all.

If you want to read more about it go to [www.panicaway.com]

Thank you everyone for their help.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2013 07:25PM

Would you tell us a bit about it?

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: June 14, 2013 07:59PM

I wasn't saying anyone else should use ganja the way I did, even though it works wonders and also kills cancer cells! But, all I was promoting is the use of something, if it helps them day to day cope with the anxiety, but always remember it is a temporary band aid unless we remove the stressor and healthen the body up.

100% Raw, Living, Low fat cuisine is miraculous......try it if you are searching for ANYTHING!!!!!

Posted by: HH ()
Date: June 14, 2013 09:14PM

Farming. It will get you plenty of fresh air and exercise. You will be too tired to have anxiety or at least full-blown anxiety. It will also lighten your financial burden. As that one guy said, and I paraphrase, growing food is like growing money. My operation requires about 20 hours work a week maybe more or less depending on what's going on. You can do more if you need the work to stay busy and keep the anxiety at bay. I guess the problem for all would-be farmers who lack capital is where to find land. Start knocking on farmer's doors. Many will rent you a piece dirt cheap if not for free.

I'm a hard-core anxiety sufferer. There was a time when I couldn't even drive over a bridge. Some of my issues linger, but I'm getting much better. By far, the most important aspect of recovery has been outdoor exercise and as much of it as I can get. Run and/or swim and/or cycle your @$$ off if farming doesn't float your boat. I used to get anxiety attacks so bad that I lterally felt like the only cure would be to run down the street like my hair was on fire. It took me a while to understand that I felt that way because that's what my body wanted me to do. Duh. Once I started doing it, the anxiety would disappear. As soon as I felt it coming on again, I'd hit the road again. Do it until you can't do it any more. Think Forrest Gump. Also, sleep outdoors as much as possible. A week of sleeping in a tent is good for two weeks of feeling super-connected to what's good in this life. That's true for me at least.

Start following your dreams too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 09:16PM by HH.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 14, 2013 09:16PM

I agree, Raw Lion! Wow, you are really egging (sorry for the non-vegan reference) me on to this lifestyle!

Paul, LOL! I made a dish using poppy seeds the other day (rare for me to use them) and I thought of testing postive for heroin!

Date: June 14, 2013 09:21PM

I agree with this. However, weed will make most people's anxiety worse in the long run if not immediately. It's good to have a holistic approach that includes some medicinal help. The trick is finding the right one. It could be an herb or whatever.

RAWLION Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wasn't saying anyone else should use ganja the
> way I did, even though it works wonders and also
> kills cancer cells! But, all I was promoting is
> the use of something, if it helps them day to day
> cope with the anxiety, but always remember it is a
> temporary band aid unless we remove the stressor
> and healthen the body up.
>
> 100% Raw, Living, Low fat cuisine is
> miraculous......try it if you are searching for
> ANYTHING!!!!!

Date: June 14, 2013 09:25PM

Should also add that the only real cure for anxiety will happen when we change the way all of us live. Traffic jams, debt, war, cubicles, constant negativity, tv, bad food, being sedentary, etc. is not creating a mentally stable populous.

Date: June 14, 2013 09:57PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think my main concern about poppy seed sprouts
> is the concern about poppy seeds.
> Also, you do need some science to show that it
> helps with anxiety.

Been clinical research done at HHI on patients.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 15, 2013 04:52AM

identify the source of your anxiety and reduce / eliminate it. smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 15, 2013 01:00PM

Once again wanna say, awesome, helpful thread, people!

So glad you have found a solution, clank smiling smiley

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: June 18, 2013 02:02AM

There has been some great explanations and suggestions for treating your anxiety Clank. Everyone's experience is different, so work on what benefits you, which you seem to have found.

One thing you mentioned was exercise. Exercise is very beneficial for anyone suffering anxiety since it reduces/burns off the adrenalin that has been released by the 'cortisol' due to the stress from whatever is causing your anxiety. I noticed that Jodi also made a good comment by suggesting that you identify your stressors that may be causing your anxiety, and either eliminate them or at least try to reduce them. By doing that, your anxiety will eventually subside.

However, you must work with the gains you have made. And this is accomplished by your thought patterns, what you think about. Try to remember what brought you enjoyment prior to your anxiety, and work on those things once again so you can once again enjoy these activities.

There are many ways or strategies one can use to reduce anxiety. And we are talking about the type of anxiety which has become much greater than what nature intended. For we are meant to have a certain amount of anxiety which serves as a protection from danger. It's when it becomes a prolonged and an increasingly part of our lives that it's a problem. Nature never intended anxiety to last very long, only long enough to enable us to escape from the danger that triggered the anxiety in the first place.

Having a good diet is one way to promote a good balance of nutrients in our bodies, as by it's nature, anxiety sometimes has the effect of eliminating hunger, which is part of natures fight/flight response to whatever stressors that caused the anxiety.

All the best, Jalan

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables