Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie looking for a recipe book.
Posted by: Respected1989 ()
Date: September 19, 2013 08:53AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the raw food arena. My main reason for switching to a raw food diet is to improve my health. Recently I've been particularly unwell so I'm trying to do everything I can to get back on my feet.

I'm looking for a book which provides an introduction to the basics of raw food prep and a list of recipes to try. Could anyone recommend me a decent book?

Also, I'm not looking for a book that is padded with tones of info on why raw food diets are good. I just don't have the energy to wade through such material and I'm already convinced of its benefits anyway. So in a nutshell I'm looking for a basic book on 'how to', rather than 'why'.

Thanks in advance smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie looking for a recipe book.
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: September 19, 2013 12:51PM

Hi Respected 1989

The book of Sergei and Valya Boutenko (Eating without Heating) might be what you're looking for. There is an intro with their story but the main part is the recipes - simple and good.

Cynthia

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 20, 2013 02:42AM

Hello, Respected 1989,

If you go one page back on the recipe forum (Page 2), you'll see a strand that says "Wrap Fillings GALORE!" It has LOTS and LOTS of quick and easy raw recipes. Give it a look. There's a lot of variety and yet they are simple (not gourmet). You might want to try some.

Good luck.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: September 28, 2013 02:42AM

JULIANOS RAW is my favorite all time ever

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 28, 2013 05:01AM

"garden of eden" - recipe book

raw simple basic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables