Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

message to TSM
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: September 19, 2013 03:58PM

Hi TSM,

Sorry to take this board to join you (PM function not working here) but each time I try to post on your site, the following message appears, even when trying to send a PM:
"Your request timed out. Please retry the request."

Just to let you know.

Cynthia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: message to TSM
Date: September 19, 2013 09:49PM

cynthia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi TSM,
>
> Sorry to take this board to join you (PM function
> not working here) but each time I try to post on
> your site, the following message appears, even
> when trying to send a PM:
> "Your request timed out. Please retry the
> request."
>
> Just to let you know.
>
> Cynthia

Yes, it's a crazy old website. What you need to do is:

1. type the message on a word document
2. press F5 to refresh the page
3. copy and paste the typed out message from the `word' document to the website straight after you have hit F5.

Sorry about the hassle, it's a bizarre site. l'll have to try and get the problem fixed. The trouble l have is that when l ask them questions they always ask me all this technical stuff about my computer and l never have a clue what they are on about.

So again, please make sure everything you post is on a word document first.

Thanks for letting me know of the trouble, l will have to make a post there about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2013 09:52PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: September 19, 2013 10:07PM

l also sent you my email address, so hopefully you have that too.

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:19AM

Well - I am not sure I got your personal email yet - maybe it is just the website email contact address?
I was not able to post and there was always that security check at every try - (I mean the letters to copy to prove I am human... )

Maybe the removal of all these little hindrances would encourage others too?

Just a thought

blessings
Cynthia

Date: September 20, 2013 02:50AM

cynthia Wrote:
> Well - I am not sure I got your personal email yet
> - maybe it is just the website email contact
> address?
> I was not able to post and there was always that
> security check at every try - (I mean the letters
> to copy to prove I am human... )
>
> Maybe the removal of all these little hindrances
> would encourage others too?
>
> Just a thought
>
>
> blessings
> Cynthia

Thanks for the feedback. l'll try to fix it. Contacting the server people now, and i'll try and get rid of all these silly codes and try to get the timeout function removed. Tom Billings reported trouble too.

Date: September 20, 2013 03:16AM

cynthia Wrote:
> Well - I am not sure I got your personal email yet
> - maybe it is just the website email contact
> address?

Try it and i'll see if l get your message. It could be the one.

Sorry about the hassle, it is the biggest nightmare of a site to operate. You wouldn't believe some of the problems l have had, and l never have a clue what the customer service are talking about 99.99% of the time. If the nonsense continues i'll have to move the site to another host or have someone build me a site that is not a nightmare to use.

Again. sorry about the problems Cynthia, l can well understand your irritation.

This is what l wrote to them:

Members are reporting not being able to post on the forum - they are always asked for annoying security checks by having to type out letters to prove they are human, this happens every time.

Please please please, get rid of the silly security checks so people are able to register much easier and recieve my messages. People are sick and tired of how UN-user-friendly this site is, and l have nothing but constant headaches with this site and never understand what the customer service is saying 99.9% of the time.

Please, make the set up more user friendly so people can be an active part of the site. If the troubles continue l will be forced to look else where for another host who will make things much more user friendly for me and the members.

Once again, no rediculous codes, just keep it simple so everything is user friendly.

ALSO, please get rid of the timeout function so we can make a forum post without it timing out all the time. The only way l can make a post at the forum is to copy and paste it from a word document, otherwise by the time l have written a post the time limit for posting expired.

Please...make the forum simple to use. Get rid of the security feature where member need to type in crazy looking letters. Get rid of the timeout function for the forum.

Brian.

If they continue the nonsense i'll ditch them.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2013 03:29AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 20, 2013 03:24AM

What is the deal with the PMs on here? I thought it was going to be fixed and still nothing...

Date: September 21, 2013 01:51PM

No help from customer service yet...been over 30 hours. So much for "world class customer service". They do not deserve my support = no customer service and sold me a lemon site, and they know it.

I have a friend who has offered to help try and fix the problems with the site. If he can't fix them he'll advise me on a more user friendly site.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables