Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do mosquitos bite you?
Date: September 22, 2013 05:24AM

Raw food vegans and highly cleansed people report not ever being bitten by mosquitos. Does anyone else experience this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do mosquitos bite you?
Date: October 15, 2013 03:30AM

l don't get bitten by mosquitos anymore, where-as everyone around me does. They won't even land on me either....it's like they have some inbuilt sense to know when a person is toxic or not. They will fly all around me, but never land on me.

I would be interested to see if other people do, in particular, people here who are high/all raw and living on a natural hygiene diet.

As Kulvinskas said, when the blood is clean no mosquitos will bite you.

Posted by: rawne ()
Date: October 16, 2013 05:18PM

Yes, yes, oh yes!
They feast on me. I'm 80-10-10 and have been 100% raw vegan for decades. I've asked Doug Graham and he believes toxicity is not causative.

Date: October 16, 2013 09:43PM

That is very very interesting.
* Kulvinskas ate many sprouted greens (a sproutarian for years), algaes and sea weeds, yet he claims no mosquitos bit him.
* My good friend is a sproutarian and now eats sea weeds and algae, yet no mosquitos bite him.
* I'm a sproutarian who eats algaes and sea weeds, yet no mosquitos bite me either.

You would be quite cleansed if you are a 100% raw 80-10-10 l think. So could mosquito bites be related to nutrients in the blood, ie, when nutrients reach a certain macro level the less likely to be bitten by mosquitos?? Hmmm.

What about you RawPracticalist, l know you sprout lots of greens, so do they bite you?

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: October 16, 2013 11:09PM

Maybe it's the sugar / sweetness that attracts the mosquitos, but we have to beware of all alleged claims. Have they been to Africa or deep in the tropics of Asia or South America to test the claims? Also, TSM, are you aware that at one point where Kulvinskas was promoting sprouts, raw food et al he was actually eating cooked and processed foods on the sly - and has admitted it, so we need to beware of all claims?

Why are flies and all sorts of leeches and insects attracted to all the 100% raw vegan animals out in the wild - apes, hippos, elephants, etc, if it was all that simple, as opposed to only the carnivores? Maybe in the city it might be different, but perhaps Doug Graham has learnt from experience that if you are in the tropics where the place is teeming with all sorts of insects you just get attacked. Is it one of those untested myths that have been repeated over and over until we accept them as fact without any real testing?

It would be good to hear from people who have actually been deep in nature, as opposed to the clean cities or tourist resorts.

Date: October 17, 2013 12:30AM

BJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe it's the sugar / sweetness that attracts the
> mosquitos, but we have to beware of all alleged
> claims. Have they been to Africa or deep in the
> tropics of Asia or South America to test the
> claims?

Good points.

Also, TSM, are you aware that at one point
> where Kulvinskas was promoting sprouts, raw food
> et al he was actually eating cooked and processed
> foods on the sly - and has admitted it, so we need
> to beware of all claims?

Yes, l am certainly not coming to any definite conclusions on anything, just throwing things out there. Kulvinsaks had periods of 100% as a sproutarian but he usually sabotaged himself after a while. Even when he was raw he used to stuff himself with food. Now he seems to be in a really good place...he oozes a man at peace with himself and higher evolvement, it is wonderful to see. Definitely the best raw food speaker imo. l love that man so much, he is beautful. He claims he lives on lots of fruit, sprouted greens and a small amount of cooked food these days.

>
> Why are flies and all sorts of leeches and insects
> attracted to all the 100% raw vegan animals out in
> the wild - apes, hippos, elephants, etc, if it
> was all that simple, as opposed to only the
> carnivores?
Very good questions, and certainly something l have thought about many times.

Maybe in the city it might be
> different, but perhaps Doug Graham has learnt from
> experience that if you are in the tropics where
> the place is teeming with all sorts of insects you
> just get attacked.

That doesn't add up either. l used to get bitten all the time, but not any more on a high sprout low fruit diet (actually, no fruit at the moment).

Is it one of those untested
> myths that have been repeated over and over until
> we accept them as fact without any real testing?

I don't believe we will find the answer for a long time. There are so many contradictions and lack of info that make even the slightest possible conclusion impossible so far.

It's good you made that post. Here is a possible theory l haven't thought of before.

* could it be, that as being are expanding in evolvement and consciousness that mosquitos are no longer attracted to higher vibrations of humans? Do the high level yogi's get bitten?...if they don't that could make sense.

Mosquito Facts (simple article):
[www.caprince.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2013 12:31AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:46AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is very very interesting.
> * Kulvinskas ate many sprouted greens (a
> sproutarian for years), algaes and sea weeds, yet
> he claims no mosquitos bit him.
> * My good friend is a sproutarian and now eats sea
> weeds and algae, yet no mosquitos bite him.
> * I'm a sproutarian who eats algaes and sea weeds,
> yet no mosquitos bite me either.
>
> You would be quite cleansed if you are a 100% raw
> 80-10-10 l think. So could mosquito bites be
> related to nutrients in the blood, ie, when
> nutrients reach a certain macro level the less
> likely to be bitten by mosquitos?? Hmmm.
>
> What about you RawPracticalist, l know you sprout
> lots of greens, so do they bite you?

Many of my friends and family members have always wondered why. They do not bite me. Maybe our body or our blood odor attract them.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: October 17, 2013 02:24AM

I usually don't get bitten unless I'm in a very dense mosquito population. There's no way to ward them off without harmful chemicals and I don't want to put those on.

I do have to be careful of fruit flies trying to fly into my mouth or biting me, though.

Therese

Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: October 17, 2013 04:49PM

They bit the crap out of me the first night of my 3 weeks vacation in Guyana, SA in Aug of this year After that I got a mosquito net smiling smiley I've been ~80% raw since 2006 but am near 100 now.

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: October 17, 2013 10:58PM

it would be nice to know exactly why such discrepancy between people

obviously it is related to the by-products of cell metabolism (perspiration and sweet...)

I was used to think it might be related to sugar eating but no, since one is bitten even on a sugar-free diet.

as for the fruit factor, I'll have to wait next summer for my personal experience and inquiry since all the flies are now gone with the cold lol !!

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: November 12, 2013 01:04PM

I use to get bitten the most of anyone I was with. Now I rarely do & if I do, the effects usually disappear quickly. I use to attribute it to eating a lot of raw garlic, which does help. But now I rarely eat it.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 14, 2013 09:32PM

I have been outside with my sister and she just was slapping her legs and arms and not one bit me. This was when I lived in the tropics.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables