Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Thoughts on oil?
Date: December 20, 2013 11:37PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TSM, is this the famous hygienist with the blank
> stare?

Kulvinskas gets a pass because he was born autistic. Besides...watch his videos and see how he lives and breaths life, love and spirituality. He is an example of success on a raw food diet - he is at peace, has an active third eye, is strong/active and oozes love. He went from a dunce who was kept down at school for three years running to a master-mind. The picture he paints of having a wonderful life on raw is all true if done well, it can be the greatest gift to our minds, body and spirit and we can soar and reach our true potential. The experiences of Kulvinskas are my experiences.

Could he do things better? Sure he could, but he does what he does and keeps on keeping on. But why l love Kulvinskas is because he has this great mind, vision and spiritual connection....he tells the whole story of the raw diet potential and sells the vision perfectly. He speaks very high level from a spiritual perspective that only comes when one has enlightenment. Never has there been a greater man in the raw movement imo. l have been invited to meet my mentor next month, but unlikely l will be able to make it happen this time around...maybe the year after....would be an 18 year dream to meet that man and talk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 11:40PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 21, 2013 12:08AM

Sproutarian,

What are, if any, the food combining rules with sea veggies? Also, I notice you like to base everything you eat off of its effect on spirituality, however, isn't that counter-intuitive in some instances when you refuse to eat things that could boost brain function (Like hemp seeds with the perfect omega-3 : omega-6 ratio)? If you added a tiny amount of hemp seeds to your diet, or anything beneficial for that matter, and continued to eat things full of electricity, how is this detrimental? The omega-3's are crucial. There are many path's to activating the pineal gland. Many have an active third-eye and likely eat many things you wouldn't, or in amounts you wouldn't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 12:08AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 21, 2013 12:50AM

sproutarian

i'm a newbie to sprouting

when u say sprout chia or flax seeds, in my mind i just see these itty bitty tiny black seeds ( chia) and a brown seed the size of 1/3 of a teardrop and i wonder " what the heck do they look like when they sprout"

so they have some little thread like projection that oozes out of them ( like when i did the experiment of trying to sprout garbanzo and also buckwheat at one time)

i can't imagine them producing any little threads.. they are so darn small! LOLsmiling smiley

how DO you sprout them? like how many days do you soak and rinse them?

jtprindl

i hope u find a good hemp brand

i got somem in bulk once

and it gave me a stomach ache
so i figured it was rancid or something

it would be good to find fresh raw delicious hemp seed to make hemp butter

yummmmy smiling smiley

Date: December 21, 2013 01:04AM

powerlifter

interesting article on methylation

does anyone know which raw veggies ( or foods) are the best to consume to donate their methyl group?

also my understanding was that methionine was one of the biggies that donate their methyl group to become homcysteine and then later on it reverts back to its original configuration due to the B vitamins

so... i guess we don't eat foods containing methionine unless we also have B6 / folate to counter it... right? and i thought most plants were good in those vitamins

anyhow... the article also says fermentation is not good cuz it contains aldehydes

well, i've been too lazy to ferment anyhow but its really trippy how every food has its shadow

and every food has its light

life ain't forever... unless it is

Date: December 21, 2013 01:07AM

la_veronique Wrote:
> sproutarian
>
> i'm a newbie to sprouting
>
> when u say sprout chia or flax seeds, in my mind
> i just see these itty bitty tiny black seeds (
> chia) and a brown seed the size of 1/3 of a
> teardrop and i wonder " what the heck do they look
> like when they sprout"
>
> so they have some little thread like projection
> that oozes out of them ( like when i did the
> experiment of trying to sprout garbanzo and also
> buckwheat at one time)
>
> i can't imagine them producing any little
> threads.. they are so darn small! LOLsmiling smiley
>
> how DO you sprout them? like how many days do you
> soak and rinse them?
>
> jtprindl
>
> i hope u find a good hemp brand
>
> i got somem in bulk once
>
> and it gave me a stomach ache
> so i figured it was rancid or something
>
> it would be good to find fresh raw delicious hemp
> seed to make hemp butter
>
> yummmmy smiling smiley

I use all of my hemp seeds to make hemp milk, get them from therawfoodworld.com.

Date: December 21, 2013 01:18AM

la_veronique Wrote:
> sproutarian
>
>
> when u say sprout chia or flax seeds, in my mind
> i just see these itty bitty tiny black seeds (
> chia) and a brown seed the size of 1/3 of a
> teardrop and i wonder " what the heck do they look
> like when they sprout"
>
> so they have some little thread like projection
> that oozes out of them ( like when i did the
> experiment of trying to sprout garbanzo and also
> buckwheat at one time)
>
> i can't imagine them producing any little
> threads.. they are so darn small! LOLsmiling smiley
>

l'll get back to this thread later, but here are some pictures of chia grass, chia sprouts and flax sprouts below.

Flax sprouts (2 - 3 days and nice and crispy)
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Chia sprouts (2 - 3 days) ...almost ready here.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

The beautiful chia grass
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Haven't got time to post flax grass and make discussion at the moment.

Btw, another cause of increased homocystine levels which lead to vegan heart problems is the lack of iodine in the diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 01:19AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 21, 2013 01:18AM

jtprindl

hemp seed milk sounds deeelish ... thanks for the link

Date: December 21, 2013 01:20AM

checked out which foods have high B9 (folate) levels

looks like spinach comes out as a winner...again ( high for iron too)

i ate some spinach today...again ( ate some spinach yesterday too LOLsmiling smiley

ate it with tomatoes and a homemade sunflower seed lemon dressing

smiling smiley

Date: December 21, 2013 02:44AM

Another question for Sproutarian lol..

How do you monitor your iodine intake when consuming so many sea vegetables? For instance, kelp noodles with dulse flakes is delicious, but isn't that a ridiculous amount of iodine?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 21, 2013 03:13AM

Oil is a great lubricator smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Naza ()
Date: December 21, 2013 05:47AM

Linseed oil is a rich source of the omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid, which can help prevent heart attacks and stroke. The oil is also an excellent source of omega-6 fatty acids and its alpha-linolenic acid helps prevent stroke and skin problems such as acne.

Get Fit from Within
Nazafit Online Fitness and Nutrition - CHEK Holistic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach, Master personal trainer, IPAC Physique conditioning coach and whole live food nutrition expert

[www.nazafit.com.au]

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 21, 2013 06:27AM

Linseed oil will easily go rancid. Some say that it will go rancid while in the human body before it is digested. Best to eat the seed grounded in a seed or coffee grinder.

Date: December 21, 2013 07:00AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Another question for Sproutarian lol..
>
> How do you monitor your iodine intake when
> consuming so many sea vegetables? For instance,
> kelp noodles with dulse flakes is delicious, but
> isn't that a ridiculous amount of iodine?

I studied this a while back and worked out that l was fine and within recommended limits.

3 large teaspoons of kelp for a day
3 large tablespoons of dulse for another day
A handful of wakame and nori for another day

Brian Clement says healthy people can handle moderate amounts of sea vegetables well, but people with selenium deficiences can have problems along with some people in poor health.

Brian Clement: Can You Get Too Much Iodine From Sea Vegetables?
[www.youtube.com]

l think Powerlifter may be able to make a contribution to this subject also.

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

> Am about to have my first bite of fruit in almost
> 6 months, l am excited. the afternoon snack will
> be fruit.

The eating of the farm fruit turned out to be a big mistake. Not quite ripe and l felt very short changed eating such nonsense.

la_veronique Wrote:

> looks like spinach comes out as a winner...again
> ( high for iron too)

You like the iron oxalate? winking smiley

l'll get back to the oxalate topic another day, got some fascinating stuff to talk about.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 07:03AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 21, 2013 07:21AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Sproutarian,
>
> What are, if any, the food combining rules with
> sea veggies?
Like with greens, they can go with everything except fruits (probably an avocado and a few other neutral fruits excepted). But, always have the seaweeds before the heavier foods. Eg, algaes first, seaweeds second and nuts third....layer the food if you can.

.Also, I notice you like to base
> everything you eat off of its effect on
> spirituality,

l wouldn't say that. It's got to be energising and electric also.

>however, isn't that
> counter-intuitive in some instances when you
> refuse to eat things that could boost brain
> function (Like hemp seeds with the perfect omega-3
> : omega-6 ratio)?

There are plenty of better foods around due to man ruining the hemp, and the other foods are electric and boost brain function very well.

>If you added a tiny amount of
> hemp seeds to your diet, or anything beneficial
> for that matter, and continued to eat things full
> of electricity, how is this detrimental?
The detriment of eating some non electric food probably wouldn't be noticable, but l am sure it would probably have some effect on some subconscious level.

It's the principle of the matter, l don't like buying non electric food tampered by man. I refuse to buy food that isn't real - and all shop bought fruits/vegetables and non sproutable seeds (tampered by man), it's all rubbish and second or third rate to me.

> The
> omega-3's are crucial. There are many path's to
> activating the pineal gland. Many have an active
> third-eye and likely eat many things you wouldn't,
> or in amounts you wouldn't.

I think it would probably be better to eat all electric foods to help the third eye, but that may not be the case when a person reaches a high level...impossible to say.

I am big into blue and purple foods, but green is great too, but not as amazing as blue and purple.

la_veronique Wrote:
> sproutarian
>

>
> how DO you sprout them? like how many days do you
> soak and rinse them?

Here is what l wrote on my website yesterday for a lady. It is alittle long.

Growing chia and flax sprouts

Embrace these seeds, they are as good as it gets, and we need them. The key is a high fatty acid diet that is low in fat…fatty acids to run the brain effectively. These foods have the amounts of omega 3’s that most raw vegans can only dream of, these foods are winners through and through.

1. Soak chia/flax for 4 – 5 hours

2. Lay out on a tray with cloth on it

3. Spray with water when they get slightly dry. Try to keep the trays moist.

4. Chia/Flax sprouts will be ready between 2 – 3 days. Be careful not to let the chia get too grassy with a slight green tint, keep it nice and grey and meaty with tails.

5. Scrape the chia/flax off the tray with a spoon and eat or make a blended drink.

Note: this can be done easily indoors in light or dark. Only need 2 – 4 trays in total for growing chia/flax sprouts. Remember that these foods taste different and don’t have the stimulants …it is a chance for us to move beyond the level of addiction and set up new beginnings for ourselves. Mastering food addiction and eating plain starts off many areas of spiritual development. We want to try to move beyond the SAD mentality of addiction, and eating plain foods helps this because it trains our taste buds and creates a different mind-set that will serve us well. Keeping things simple is so important, it helps remove the burdens of the system…it gives us freedom and takes away fear because we begin to learn we have everything within ourselves and we react far better in challenging circumstances because we see the broader picture and put everything in context. Life should be good for raw food vegans, and it can be truly great, but most never seem to come close to that because they neglect the most important principles of health…they go around and around in circles and their raw diets don’t bring them to the level that they dreamed of. Dreams can come true on the raw diet, it did for Viktoras Kulvinskas and it has for me. ..we are at peace, happy, calm, sharp minded and enlightened….we are our own masters now, not blind people trying to find the light.

Growing flax and chia grass

Growing the grass is slightly harder because it requires a leaned skill when watering. Water too much and it will rot, and water too less and it can cause problems. Watering the chia needs to be done just right. Growing flax greens is easy.

1. Soak chia/flax for 4 – 5 hours

2. Lay out on a tray with cloth on it

3. Spray with water when they get slightly dry. Might have to wait for an entire day before they first need water. After a day you would want to water lightly morning and night. Some areas may be dryer than others or more wet than others, so focus on the dry areas more and less on the moist areas.

4. Chia and flax will be ready in about 14 days. This means you would require about 14 trays during the cooler months. A shelving unit is really important if you want to do the vegan diet all the way. Why do diet 1/10 of the way…why not do it 10/10 instead and get all the benefits possible. It’s not easy to do, but it’s not hard to do either…you just need to be motivated, find a routine and learn to minimize distractions. Distractions are the ultimate test.

5. Pull out the greens of the chia and cut the dirty roots off so it looks better and to minimize bacteria problems.

If you can do the green flax/chia drinks, that would be ideal and better than the sprouted seed.

After you have harvested the sprouts you then use a scraper to clean all the muck off the clothes (takes 40 seconds per tray) and then boil the cloths for at least 20 minutes

Also note, soaking the chia is abit of an artform too. They must be stirred for a few minutes to make sure they all seperate and don't clump togeather. BUT, add in some water but not too much at the start because adding too much water at the atart can cause problems later, especially problems with grass growing. Maybe add in 1.5 cups of water per 6 tablespoons of chia, and then add 1/4 cup of water 4 hours later and stir. Can't have the chia seed spread on the trays too thick or too thin, it needs to be just right.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 07:27AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 21, 2013 07:56AM

Debunking the paleo diet: Christina Warinner at TEDxOU
[www.youtube.com]

20 minute video.

Date: December 21, 2013 08:41AM

sproutman

thanks for the thread on the chia flax sprouts

can i do it without the towel though?

all paper towels seem to have chemicals

i just don't want them on my food

like could i just put them on a tray?

Date: December 21, 2013 09:51AM

la_veronique Wrote:
> sproutman
>
> thanks for the thread on the chia flax sprouts
>
> can i do it without the towel though?
>
> all paper towels seem to have chemicals
>
> i just don't want them on my food
>
> like could i just put them on a tray?

Best to put them on a cloth, perferably organic cotton cloth, that's what l use.

You could try without cloth (straight on a tray) but that could prove tricky because the gel may cause growing problems and the roots won't have any anchor points.

If you need to, use an old pillow case. Not perfect but it could do for a while.

Yes, cloth is your best bet. Make sure you find sproutable chia. Flax is a good sprouter too.

Regards: The Sproutarian.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 09:54AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 21, 2013 01:50PM

> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sproutarian,
> >
> > What are, if any, the food combining rules with
> > sea veggies?
> Like with greens, they can go with everything
> except fruits (probably an avocado and a few other
> neutral fruits excepted). But, always have the
> seaweeds before the heavier foods. Eg, algaes
> first, seaweeds second and nuts third....layer the
> food if you can.
>
>
>
> .Also, I notice you like to base
> > everything you eat off of its effect on
> > spirituality,
>
> l wouldn't say that. It's got to be energising and
> electric also.
>
> >however, isn't that
> > counter-intuitive in some instances when you
> > refuse to eat things that could boost brain
> > function (Like hemp seeds with the perfect
> omega-3
> > : omega-6 ratio)?
>
> There are plenty of better foods around due to man
> ruining the hemp, and the other foods are electric
> and boost brain function very well.
>
>
> >If you added a tiny amount of
> > hemp seeds to your diet, or anything beneficial
> > for that matter, and continued to eat things
> full
> > of electricity, how is this detrimental?
> The detriment of eating some non electric food
> probably wouldn't be noticable, but l am sure it
> would probably have some effect on some
> subconscious level.
>
> It's the principle of the matter, l don't like
> buying non electric food tampered by man. I refuse
> to buy food that isn't real - and all shop bought
> fruits/vegetables and non sproutable seeds
> (tampered by man), it's all rubbish and second or
> third rate to me.
>
> > The
> > omega-3's are crucial. There are many path's to
> > activating the pineal gland. Many have an
> active
> > third-eye and likely eat many things you
> wouldn't,
> > or in amounts you wouldn't.
>
> I think it would probably be better to eat all
> electric foods to help the third eye, but that may
> not be the case when a person reaches a high
> level...impossible to say.
>
> I am big into blue and purple foods, but green is
> great too, but not as amazing as blue and purple.
>
>
>
>
>
> la_veronique Wrote:
> -----
> > sproutarian
> >
> > i'm a newbie to sprouting
>
>
> >
> > how DO you sprout them? like how many days do
> you
> > soak and rinse them?
>
>
> Here is what l wrote on my website yesterday for a
> lady. It is alittle long.
>
>
> Growing chia and flax sprouts
>
> Embrace these seeds, they are as good as it gets,
> and we need them. The key is a high fatty acid
> diet that is low in fat…fatty acids to run the
> brain effectively. These foods have the amounts of
> omega 3’s that most raw vegans can only dream
> of, these foods are winners through and through.
>
> 1. Soak chia/flax for 4 – 5 hours
>
> 2. Lay out on a tray with cloth on it
>
> 3. Spray with water when they get slightly
> dry. Try to keep the trays moist.
>
> 4. Chia/Flax sprouts will be ready between 2
> – 3 days. Be careful not to let the chia get too
> grassy with a slight green tint, keep it nice and
> grey and meaty with tails.
>
> 5. Scrape the chia/flax off the tray with a
> spoon and eat or make a blended drink.
>
> Note: this can be done easily indoors in light or
> dark. Only need 2 – 4 trays in total for growing
> chia/flax sprouts. Remember that these foods taste
> different and don’t have the stimulants …it is
> a chance for us to move beyond the level of
> addiction and set up new beginnings for ourselves.
> Mastering food addiction and eating plain starts
> off many areas of spiritual development. We want
> to try to move beyond the SAD mentality of
> addiction, and eating plain foods helps this
> because it trains our taste buds and creates a
> different mind-set that will serve us well.
> Keeping things simple is so important, it helps
> remove the burdens of the system…it gives us
> freedom and takes away fear because we begin to
> learn we have everything within ourselves and we
> react far better in challenging circumstances
> because we see the broader picture and put
> everything in context. Life should be good for
> raw food vegans, and it can be truly great, but
> most never seem to come close to that because they
> neglect the most important principles of
> health…they go around and around in circles and
> their raw diets don’t bring them to the level
> that they dreamed of. Dreams can come true on the
> raw diet, it did for Viktoras Kulvinskas and it
> has for me. ..we are at peace, happy, calm, sharp
> minded and enlightened….we are our own masters
> now, not blind people trying to find the light.
>
>
>
> Growing flax and chia grass
>
> Growing the grass is slightly harder because it
> requires a leaned skill when watering. Water too
> much and it will rot, and water too less and it
> can cause problems. Watering the chia needs to be
> done just right. Growing flax greens is easy.
>
> 1. Soak chia/flax for 4 – 5 hours
>
> 2. Lay out on a tray with cloth on it
>
> 3. Spray with water when they get slightly
> dry. Might have to wait for an entire day before
> they first need water. After a day you would want
> to water lightly morning and night. Some areas may
> be dryer than others or more wet than others, so
> focus on the dry areas more and less on the moist
> areas.
>
> 4. Chia and flax will be ready in about 14
> days. This means you would require about 14 trays
> during the cooler months. A shelving unit is
> really important if you want to do the vegan diet
> all the way. Why do diet 1/10 of the way…why not
> do it 10/10 instead and get all the benefits
> possible. It’s not easy to do, but it’s not
> hard to do either…you just need to be motivated,
> find a routine and learn to minimize distractions.
> Distractions are the ultimate test.
>
> 5. Pull out the greens of the chia and cut
> the dirty roots off so it looks better and to
> minimize bacteria problems.
>
> If you can do the green flax/chia drinks, that
> would be ideal and better than the sprouted seed.
>
>
> After you have harvested the sprouts you then use
> a scraper to clean all the muck off the clothes
> (takes 40 seconds per tray) and then boil the
> cloths for at least 20 minutes
>
>
> Also note, soaking the chia is abit of an artform
> too. They must be stirred for a few minutes to
> make sure they all seperate and don't clump
> togeather. BUT, add in some water but not too much
> at the start because adding too much water at the
> atart can cause problems later, especially
> problems with grass growing. Maybe add in 1.5 cups
> of water per 6 tablespoons of chia, and then add
> 1/4 cup of water 4 hours later and stir. Can't
> have the chia seed spread on the trays too thick
> or too thin, it needs to be just right.

Lol, why are you under the assumption that all hemp seeds are "ruined by men"? Also, why wouldn't you eat that much fruit? Personal preference because you get sick or don't handle them too well?

Date: December 21, 2013 09:12PM

jtprindl Wrote:

> Lol, why are you under the assumption that all
> hemp seeds are "ruined by men"?

Because most of the ones available in modern day countries wouldn't be able to sprout. In thrid word countries you might be able to get sproutable hemp, but the authorities are funny about things like hemp and poppy.

>Also, why wouldn't
> you eat that much fruit? Personal preference
> because you get sick or don't handle them too
> well?

I ate my first fruit yesterday in months, apricots. Not quite ripe, so noticable acidy during digestion (weren't impressed at all), no real power...just a stomach filler basically taking up valuable space. It looks like fruit, but isn't fruit...it's not real food. If l could pick fruit ripe l would have no hestitation to eat it, but very little of it is fit to eat.

Imagine all those tannins in my system after eating that fruit. And for what??? l lost more than l gained...got dramatically short changed by fruit as always. But it could have been worse, it could have been the nasty old banana. Would l rather spend 4 hours digesting dubious banana, or would l rather spend 4 hours digesting the wonderful sprouted sesame seeds?

I find that watermelon works well. One of the only shop bought fruits that has a positive effect on the body.

Still...better to have a variety of foods, that's why l eat 4 - 5 different seaweeds, 3 different algaes, up to a dozen different greens, four different seeds, various legumes, various grains, and about 5 different nuts. So yes, up to 30 different foods, and my diet cover the nutrition requirements (but vitamin D is alittle iffy).

We live in a world of pollution and stress, so we need the powerful foods these days. I view fruit as just a snack...better to leave room for powerful living foods, not nonsense foods without full electric.

Oh yeah, the thing which really got up my nose was the fact that the fruit brought on a false hunger only an hour after l had eaten it. It told me that this stuff is rubbish and to be avoided...highly dubious food. I never get those sensations normally because l eat real food. No wonder so many natural hygienists are reported to cheat on their diets, how could they not when they eat the type of food they do, heck.

If you eat the seaweeds, sprouts or drink distilled water all day, the hunger doesn't occur. Buyt eat some fruit and the un-natural hunger starts. Something is really wrong with that. Dubious is the ultimate word.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 09:18PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 21, 2013 09:17PM

the phytochemicals in fruit prevent cancer. Don't know about sprouts sad smiley

Date: December 21, 2013 09:21PM

Panchito Wrote:
> the phytochemicals in fruit prevent cancer. Don't
> know about sprouts sad smiley

Far farrr more phytochemicals in sprouts. The reason l try to eat a variety is to get those phytochemicals.

Some phytochemicals are also anti-nutrients lol. winking smiley Doesn't matter, still countless other phytonutrients we can use while breaking down the problematic ones.

Date: December 21, 2013 09:25PM

but you cannot sprout fruits:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: December 21, 2013 09:33PM

Panchito Wrote:
> but you cannot sprout fruits:
>
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
> 2019

Exactly, it's a mature plant, that's why they have less phytochemicals.

Ah, we seem to have a misconnection in communication since the last post, what does not being able to sprout fruit have any bearing on what we are talkign about?

Date: December 21, 2013 09:39PM

> jtprindl Wrote:
> -----
>
> > Lol, why are you under the assumption that all
> > hemp seeds are "ruined by men"?
>
> Because most of the ones available in modern day
> countries wouldn't be able to sprout. In thrid
> word countries you might be able to get sproutable
> hemp, but the authorities are funny about things
> like hemp and poppy.
>
>
> >Also, why wouldn't
> > you eat that much fruit? Personal preference
> > because you get sick or don't handle them too
> > well?
>
> I ate my first fruit yesterday in months,
> apricots. Not quite ripe, so noticable acidy
> during digestion (weren't impressed at all), no
> real power...just a stomach filler basically
> taking up valuable space. It looks like fruit, but
> isn't fruit...it's not real food. If l could pick
> fruit ripe l would have no hestitation to eat it,
> but very little of it is fit to eat.
>
> Imagine all those tannins in my system after
> eating that fruit. And for what??? l lost more
> than l gained...got dramatically short changed by
> fruit as always. But it could have been worse, it
> could have been the nasty old banana. Would l
> rather spend 4 hours digesting dubious banana, or
> would l rather spend 4 hours digesting the
> wonderful sprouted sesame seeds?
>
> I find that watermelon works well. One of the only
> shop bought fruits that has a positive effect on
> the body.
>
> Still...better to have a variety of foods, that's
> why l eat 4 - 5 different seaweeds, 3 different
> algaes, up to a dozen different greens, four
> different seeds, various legumes, various grains,
> and about 5 different nuts. So yes, up to 30
> different foods, and my diet cover the nutrition
> requirements (but vitamin D is alittle iffy).
>
> We live in a world of pollution and stress, so we
> need the powerful foods these days. I view fruit
> as just a snack...better to leave room for
> powerful living foods, not nonsense foods without
> full electric.
>
> Oh yeah, the thing which really got up my nose was
> the fact that the fruit brought on a false hunger
> only an hour after l had eaten it. It told me that
> this stuff is rubbish and to be avoided...highly
> dubious food. I never get those sensations
> normally because l eat real food. No wonder so
> many natural hygienists are reported to cheat on
> their diets, how could they not when they eat the
> type of food they do, heck.
>
> If you eat the seaweeds, sprouts or drink
> distilled water all day, the hunger doesn't occur.
> Buyt eat some fruit and the un-natural hunger
> starts. Something is really wrong with that.
> Dubious is the ultimate word.

Are you sure something just isn't wrong with YOU for feeling like that after eating fruit? Are you implying that everyone who eats a lot of fruit is unhealthy and just not as sensitive as you because you have a superior diet? There is a lot of pollution nowadays, but we also have superfoods. Golden berries, goji berries, acai, noni, purple corn, mangosteen, camu camu and plenty others.

Date: December 21, 2013 09:59PM

> Panchito Wrote:
> -----
> > but you cannot sprout fruits:
> >
> >
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
>
> > 2019
>
> Exactly, it's a mature plant, that's why they have
> less phytochemicals.

they may have phytochemicals by weight but not the specific ones because they are unique to specific fruit. Let me give you an example from the link I posted:

"Pterostilbene is a stilbenoid chemically related to resveratrol and is found in blueberries and grapes. It belongs to the group of phytoalexins, agents produced by plants to fight infections.[1] Based on animal studies it is thought to exhibit anti-cancer, anti-hypercholesterolemia, anti-hypertriglyceridemia properties, as well as the ability to fight off and reverse cognitive decline.[citation needed] It is believed that the compound also has anti-diabetic properties, but so far very little has been studied on this issue.[citation needed"

Where would you find this phytochemical in sprouts?

> Ah, we seem to have a misconnection in
> communication since the last post, what does not
> being able to sprout fruit have any bearing on
> what we are talkign about?

you were bashing fruit and glorifying sprouts. I was trying to add balance winking smiley

Date: December 21, 2013 10:00PM

jprindl

most fruits even organic ones store bought are a total rip off

soil is deprived very low mineral density and it shows

resulting in fruits that obviously have a poor mineral index ( cuz of the soil they were grown on being slipshod and sloppy ( low minerals)

so they taste bland,have very little if any fragrance, they don't feel very highly mineralizing ( cuz they aren't) and
compared to high mineral foods... they don't remotely compare

i can see why it can seem like a waste of time

but i think fruit grown from richly highly mineralized soil is another story entirely

THAT would be worth my time

i've tasted fruit grown on AMAAAAAAAZING soil...

it blew my mind

Date: December 22, 2013 12:36AM

Panchito Wrote:

>
> "Pterostilbene is a stilbenoid chemically related
> to resveratrol and is found in blueberries and
> grapes. It belongs to the group of phytoalexins,
> agents produced by plants to fight infections.[1]
> Based on animal studies it is thought to exhibit
> anti-cancer, anti-hypercholesterolemia,
> anti-hypertriglyceridemia properties, as well as
> the ability to fight off and reverse cognitive
> decline. It is believed that the compound also has
> anti-diabetic properties, but so far very little
> has been studied on this issue.[citation needed"
>
> Where would you find this phytochemical in
> sprouts?

Not sure, but lets keep in mind that there are thousands of phytochemicals that fight all types of diseases and promote health. I'm sure many phytochemocals play similar roles. It's not like i'm going to come down with cancer because l am missing that particular nutrient because there are plenty of powerful phytochemicals that do these roles.

> you were bashing fruit and glorifying sprouts. I
> was trying to add balance winking smiley

Haha, you caught me. winking smiley Actually, l am quite low key here and don't want to ruffle too many feathers by bashing natural hygiene and fruit. On my own site l will be pulling out the big guns, and the poor natural hygienists would be well advised not to read what l write. winking smiley Evenstill....l do try to be balanced and fair. I am not anti-fruit, but it needs to be real fruit.

jtprindl Wrote:

>
> Are you sure something just isn't wrong with YOU
> for feeling like that after eating fruit?

Feeling great, it's just that l am used to eating real food, not rubbish that looks like food but doesn't function properly as health food. If you are used to good food and then start eating greatly inferior food...of course you will feel it.

>Are you
> implying that everyone who eats a lot of fruit is
> unhealthy and just not as sensitive as you because
> you have a superior diet?

I wouldn't go so far as to call people unhealthy, but if they continue eating lots of store bought fruit the time will come where they will pay the price in terms of health imo. The natural hygiensists don't paint a great picture in many ways, and many are over-exciteable and want to be gurus. winking smiley

I would say that l am sensitive because l eat real food. I am not saying fruit is inferior, but in this day and age it usually is, and given mankind is in a weakened condition it is important he eat real food high in nutrition. Ultimately l feel that fruit is the best food, but not in this day and age given the state of most fruit. human beings and the environment.

>There is a lot of
> pollution nowadays, but we also have superfoods.
> Golden berries, goji berries, acai, noni, purple
> corn, mangosteen, camu camu and plenty others.

Yes, make room for all the real foods, and less room for the dodgy foods low in nutrition and electric.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: December 22, 2013 03:40AM

Panchito Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> -----
> > Panchito Wrote:
> >

>

> they may have phytochemicals by weight

But are they still abundant in the plants after the fruit has been picked weeks or months before? Dr Clement strongly argues no. He says usuability of enzymes, phytochemicals greatly reduce in the fruit after a very short period. Dr Brian also says that 3 week old fruit had gteatly rediced oxygen levels and electrical frequency. He actually got quite brutal about the natural hygiene diet and l won't dare repeat his words here.

Date: December 22, 2013 02:55PM

Dr Clement? Why would he say anything good about fruit? his patients end up with Robert Morse (after quiting Clement) eating fruit and getting their lives saved. The philosphy about fruit fighting cancer has to do with strengthening the immune system and not getting weaker and weaker hoping the cancer dies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2013 03:00PM by Panchito.

Date: December 22, 2013 05:46PM

Panchito Wrote:
> Dr Clement? Why would he say anything good about
> fruit? his patients end up with Robert Morse
> (after quiting Clement) eating fruit and getting
> their lives saved. The philosphy about fruit
> fighting cancer has to do with strengthening the
> immune system and not getting weaker and weaker
> hoping the cancer dies.

Yes, Dr Clement does seem wrong about the idea of fruit causing cancer. From what l can gather...it does grow cancer in the short term, but then the body adjusts and the short term cancer reverses itself. Is that right? Obviously Dr Morse has proven Dr Brian wrong on this.

But l wouldn't give HHI a hard time and call them a failure to get people well. Not everyone wants to eat the sprout diet, and l imagine many wouldn't get well from HHI because they hate the food and find it too time consuming to grow all the food. Nothing wrong with HHI imo, it's just the patient - if you aren't happy, hate the food and won't grow the food you won't get well.

As for Brian claiming that hybrid foods now have 30 times more sugar, lets look at this quickly. I saw a study the other day that said modern day hybridised beets have increased in sugar content between 8 - 18% over the past 200 years. Certainly not the amount Dr Clement claims. But what about beets raised 500 years ago? BUT...we can't rule Brian as wrong as yet because hybridisation would have brought to life the disaccharide sugars. But when l look at the disaccharides in a banana it is still only a small percentage compared to the monosaccharides, but maybe the monosaccharides have greatly increased. I've looked and looked in the research for Brian's dramatic claim and have written to him and asked him for a source, but i've had no success. I think l need to talk to some botany people because l am determined to get to the bottom of this.

Dr Brian doesn't reference his books either, and he often gets facts and figures wrong in his talks, sometimes he twists the studies he quotes, and sometimes his claims are outright wrong. Most people probably wouldn't notice, but some people do. He does the best job, but he needs to keep credible and be able to prove everything he says and make sure he gets his facts right.

www.thesproutarian.com

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables