Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: water
Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: June 26, 2010 11:45PM

That bit about putting baking soda in water to alkalize it? Is that legit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 26, 2010 11:46PM

OMG COCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*tackle huggles you* Dont get me wrong, I dont blame you for trying it, Ive even tried it,lol... Im just glad your ok... its rare that some one survives when it gets that bad, as E also reduces your bodies ability to absorb water, so re-upping on your electrolytes is really hard to do once they have been flushed out... you are really lucky... im glad you survived<3

Date: June 26, 2010 11:49PM

well CJJ, it should make the water alkaline, but all that should do i think is just neutralize a good amount of your stomach acid when you drink it... and probably give you a little gas in your belly too, was really unpleasant to me when I used it for trying to help with heart burn (weird thing, ive had almost no heartburn since I stopped drinking so much water)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 27, 2010 12:13AM

coco,

Ha-ha, lost in a K-hole, were ya? Being a grownup and knowing when to say "when" is such a great thing, I sometimes forget that : )

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 27, 2010 12:13AM

Weird--double post! Maybe I'm wiggin' now . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 12:16AM by Tamukha.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 27, 2010 03:33AM

pft. guys. lol.
I had a LOT of fun in my younger days. No K though. E. G. LSD. heh heh.
People used to just hand me the stuff. Good memories. What I can remember anyhow tongue sticking out smiley.
Funny that I don't miss it at all now. Yes, being all growed up, it has it's own perks.

Back to the water issue, I bought a bunch of lemons the other day that I'm going to juice and mix with stevia (not something I generally like but w lemon it's really good) and freeze in ice cube trays (I have ones shaped like lemon wedges!) to add to water this summer so it'll be like a very mild lemonaide. NUM! Now that I'll drink just 'cause it's tasty. Not so terrible for those hot gardening days.
Now somebody tell me that the lemon somehow makes my dirty water better to drink...

Date: June 27, 2010 04:25AM

I love lemonade, but im wary about using any of the lo0w/no cal sweeteners, plant based or otherwise, as studies have shown that it throws off your bodies ability to tell how much calories your taking in, and confuses it into thinking that normal foods and sugar sources have less nutritional value than they actually do, lowering metabolism, and icreasing cravings..

Posted by: rab ()
Date: June 27, 2010 05:21AM

Coco, here is how you can distill your water: [www.thefarm.org]

I guess I see good arguments on both sides. I agree that sometimes we are dehydrated and we are not aware of it. I have tried to drink water when I don't feel thirsty, and quite often, to my surprise, I found out that I can easily drink a glass or two, and it felt good. But I also sometimes simply cannot drink more than a sip of water without an unpleasant feeling, a sign that my body does not need any more water.
So, if I eat a whole watermelon, or a half of it (depending on the size), I should not be thirsty in the next few hours. But, when I eat bananas, I have found that a sip of water with each banana makes it taste better and makes me feel better. I just feel that way, and that may be a result of my diet.

It is a fact that living a "modern" life, we have forgotten to read the signals from our own body. I try to learn them again.

Date: June 27, 2010 03:32PM

Stevia is just a leafy green, totally natural and I think totally easy for our bodies to deal with. Besides, it's said to have nutritional qualities all of it's own. I don't mind a little stevia in lemon though I'd prefer to use what I've grown myself. Next year I'll make an attempt in the garden.

Cool Rab, thanks for that!

Date: June 27, 2010 10:40PM

I'm 100% in the corner with debbietook and coco. The body knows what it is doing we just need to learn to listen -)

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 27, 2010 11:09PM

Gatorade has crap in it like dye. Just take distilled or reverse osmosis water and put some freshly squeezed lemon in the water and voila! Instant electrolytes! And the water of a young coconut naturally contains electrolytes, too.

Date: June 28, 2010 08:52AM

I know it does bananawho, I was talking about using it right away in a life and death situation as its more quickly absorbed by the body and metabolized faster because of the sugar content, and a MUCH higher electrolyte amount than distilled or reverse osmosis water with lemon in it or young coconut, Obviously in a normal situation, your suggestions are much much better, but in a life and death situation, the substance that gets the electrolytes to your brain where they are needed the quickest, is the one should use, dye or no dye...

Stevia isnt just a leafy green, its a processed leafy green, just as sugar comes from a plant, that doesn't mean sugar is healthy for you, the problem with all zero calorie sweeteners is the same, whether they come from plants, or other sources, it still confuses your body into thinking it gets more calories than it actually is, then cravings/hunger increase as your body believes it is getting less calories than it actually is from REAL foods, your body uses sweetness to estimate how much nutrition your taking in, there are plenty of leafy greens out there that can kill you, it being a leafy green doesn't automatically mean its healthy for you, If you like it though, and are aware of the risks, then it doesn't really matter, I dont think there will be a problem if it gives you a craving to eat another half dozen carrots...lol... it does lower ones metabolism though, your bodies natural response to when it thinks it isnt getting enough calories.

Posted by: wallace ()
Date: June 30, 2010 02:18PM

You will see I bumped up the watercure discussion as I am now using the idea there of just adding quality salt to the water. This isnt mentioned in the watercure regime but I think its a good idea.

I no longer add clay.

Gabriel cousens claims that adding quality salt to pure water will alkalise it. Any thoughts?

You mentioned that you drank a lot and felt tired,me too!

But when I started drinking pure water with salt added my energy came back.

So maybe Cousens is correct!!!

Date: June 30, 2010 02:23PM

Gabriel's Water Recipe

Given the pollution in the world, use distilled water. But distilled water by itself is aggressive and immature. To solve this you take a gallon of distilled water, add a pinch of salt or 12 drops of active ionic alkaline minerals, so that you get about 50 parts per million. This way you create H3O, the best water there is. With 50 parts per million, you don’t have the aggressive pulling out of minerals out of the body.

Then you structure your liquid by putting it out in the moonlight overnight. The moon structures water, not the sun. Then you bless it and you have good quality. Crystal energy from micro crystals is another alternative to structure it.

So first you heat the fluid and take out all the herbicides and pesticides, and destroy all the homeopathic pattern of the herbicides and pesticides. Then you restructure it with salt, crystal energy, moonlight and by blessing it.

Date: June 30, 2010 02:29PM

I dont agree with Young that you need an ionzer, a good filtered system will do but I do agree with him on the importance of lots of pure water!!!! We are made of the stuff!!!

Clean and Healthy Water

by Dr. Robert Young
International renowned researcher and author of the pH Miracle Series

Someone once said that life is a race between education and catastrophe.
That statement could not be more true when it comes to educating ourselves about water and its relationship to our health.
A vast array of pharmaceuticals ­- including antibiotics, anti-convultants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones - have been found in the drinking water supplies of at least 41 million Americans, an Associated Press investigation reported recently after a five month-long study.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Despite the small concentrations of pharmaceuticals, and despite water utilities insistence that their water is safe, there is much evidence to the contrary. The presence of so many prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines like acetaminophen and ibuprofen that have been flushed down toilets are easily found in much of our drinking water and is heightening worries of long-term health consequences.

Unfortunately, water providers rarely disclose results of pharmaceutical screenings, unless pressed. They claim that the public does not know how to interpret the results and might be unduly alarmed. Because of information like this, and because of many other abuses of our water system-­sewage waste, poisons used in agribusiness, acid rain, industrial and household chemicals just to name a few ­- I have for many years now gone on record as stating that a good, dependable water ionize has already become a necessity for every family in America.

Even users of bottled water and many of the home filtration systems don't necessarily avoid exposure. Bottlers, some of which simply repackage tap water, do not typically treat or test for all toxins, especially pharmaceuticals, according to the industry's main trade group.

I have been researching water for over two decades. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the contamination of our water supply in the US is a clear and present danger. I have personally tested the water supplies of nearly every major city in the U.S. and there is NO safe water to drink that is clean, pure and alkaline. Even the majority of the bottled waters being sold in the U.S. and around the world are questionable at best.

A National Assessment of Tap Water Quality found 260 contaminants in our nation's tap water; 141of these contaminants have no enforceable safety limits. Of the 141 unregulated contaminants utilities detected in water supplies between 1998 and 2003, 52 are linked to cancer, 41 to reproductive toxicity, 36 to developmental toxicity, and 16 to immune system damage, according to chemical listings in seven standard government and industry toxicity references. Despite the potential health risks, any concentration of these chemicals in tap water is legal, no matter how high.

For more detailed information, I often refer people to a chapter in our book entitled "The pH Miracle For Weight Loss." In Chapter 5 entitled "You Are What You Drink," I present the truth about the present dangers of the world's potable water supply.

Clean drinking water is something that the public has pretty much taken for granted for the past hundred years. The public has little idea-­perhaps understandably­-just how contaminated our drinking water has become.

Our environment has changed, new biological transformations are emerging, drinking-water systems are aging, and governments often seem more interested in ensuring business in the global marketplace than in ensuring the safety and health of the world citizens.

Health scientists throughout the world are now echoing what I have been saying for two decades. When it comes to your health, whether you are trying to reverse an illness, prevent an illness, or simply create the healthiest body possible, the #1 thing you must do is to change your water.

A good water ionizer must alkalize, ionize, purify and structure the molecules of the water. In order to neutralize and reverse the over-acidity of the body, the pH of our water supply is critical.

What most people do not realize is that underlying all disease or most dis-ease is an acidic condition. More and more medical researchers are beginning to focus on the relationship of acidity in cells, tissues, organs, and blood as highly correlated with many bodily symptoms and complicated disease syndromes.

Having studied water for decades, I have become convinced that the IonLife organization creates the best products on the market from several standpoints: water quality, price, system durability, and customer relations. At the pH Miracle Center, one can find a Jupiter Melody water ionizer in every kitchen and guest house. We provide healthy water for family, guests, employees, farm hands, and visitors.

The average healthy person should drink at least 1 quart of water for ever 50 pounds of body weight each day. A person with a serious health challenge should drink a liter for every 30 pounds. People often laugh when I say "we must pee our way to health," but I don't know how much simpler I can make it.

High pH water such as the water that comes from a good ionIzer neutralizes acids throughout the entire body. Since acids underlie all disease entities, nothing makes more sense than neutralizing these acids.

One of my most often quoted statements goes like this: "When the fish is sick, change the water." We don't feed the fish medicine. We give them clean water. When the cells of our body our sick, we must change the water and fluids in which all cells and tissues are bathed.

When we purchase a good ionizer, we actually save money over time when compared with purchasing water from vendors and stores and treating the water to try and improve its quality. I can't think of any investment that is better for a person or a family than a good water ionizer.

'Miracles happen not in opposition to nature, but in opposition to what we know of nature.' St. Augustine

'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic' ....Arthur C. Clarke

'There are only two ways to live your life. One, is as though there are no miracles. The other is as though everything is a miracle.' Albert Einstein

Date: June 30, 2010 02:34PM

Thirst perception not reliable
Mike: I'd like to you talk about how people can know when they need to drink water, because you talk about in the book how some of the signs of dehydration, the classic signs are not necessarily the only signs, and also how much should an average person be drinking?

Dr. B: First and foremost, don't wait until you get thirsty, because that's an error. Unfortunately, the National Academy of Sciences and some other people recently have been telling people to wait until they get thirsty before they drink, which is the main error that we inherited 100 years ago from a man called Walter Bradford Cannon. And that's why, at the time, there was a Frenchman saying that dehydration or thirst is a general sensation and we should study it, and Walter Bradford Cannon said, no, thirst is only a matter of dry mouth.

When the mouth is dry we are thirsty, which is an arrogant statement, and unfortunately western medicine bought into that understanding, and that's why we have a sick-care system, because from the age of 20 onwards, we gradually, imperceptibly become dehydrated without knowing it. We lose our perception of thirst. By the age of 70 we may be totally thirsty and obviously thirsty and yet not recognize the need to drink water, even when water is put next to us.

This was done as an experiment. A scientist asked a group of elderly people to withhold from drinking water for 24 hours, and similarly with young people. After 24 hours when water was made available, the elderly did not recognize that they were thirsty.

Mike: Even after 24 hours with no water?

Dr. B: Correct. Even when water was left next to them, some of them wouldn't reach for it. But the young people drank water, and corrected this dehydration. Now, this is a major problem, and that's why we have so many people in the elderly sector of our society who are sick, because they are totally dehydrated and they do not recognize it.

So, waiting to get thirsty is to die prematurely and very painfully. In fact, this is the title of an article that is posted on my website, www.WaterCure.com, and also on NAFHIM, National Association For Honesty In Medicine (http://www.nafhim.org).

We should not wait to get thirsty, because water is the main source of energy. By the time you get thirsty, you will have lost energy from the water that you should have drunk and made available before you get thirsty. So, if you don't allow the gas tank of your car to come dry before you stop and take some gas, then why should you let your body become thirsty so that it stalls on the roadside before you drink water?

So, first thing, people should never allow themselves to get thirsty -- they should drink throughout the day. An average person needs two quarts of water a day. Average person really needs four quarts of water a day. But two quarts we have to supply. Two quarts we get from food metabolism and water content in foods. We need this amount of water to manufacture at least two quarts of urine. You know, not to put pressure on the kidneys. When we drink enough water so that the urine is colorless, that is a good sign. When the urine becomes yellow, it means that the body is beginning to become dehydrated and when it becomes orange, then the body is truly dehydrated and some part of the body is suffering from that dehydration.

Mike: So this is a very easy sign that people can pay attention to.

Dr. B: Absolutely.

Mike: They don't need a medical degree to see the color of their urine.

Dr. B: Well, that's why we should become observant to our urine production. And breathing -- when we are short of breath, it means we are dehydrated.

Mike: Are there other similar, simple symptoms that people can pay attention to?

Dr. B: The skin -- if the skin is nice and loose and smooth, then we are hydrated. If it becomes creasy and shriveled, it means dehydration. The crow's feet on the face of elderly people, that's a sign of dehydration. The turkey neck under the chin is a sign of dehydration. These are mentioned in my books, Your Body's Many Cries for Water, and also in my Water For Health, For Healing, For Life. I recommend everyone to read Water Cures, Drugs Kill, because in this book I've identified over 90 health problems that we in medicine have called disease, and yet water cures them.

So, when the body is short of water and they give it medication, naturally the person will die, because the medication is silencing the many cries of the body for water. But it's not correcting the dehydration. So we need to understand these symptoms of dehydration, and the book Water Cures, Drugs Kill will do that. People can order through the internet at [www.watercure.com] or Amazon.com or
Barnesandnoble.com or go to the bookstore and get it.

Mike: You have an upcoming book on obesity, cancer, and depression, right?

Dr. B: Yes, I've got a book called Obesity, Cancer and Depression: The Common Cause and Actual Cure. I've identified why these three diseases are actually the branches of the same tree, and each one naturally produces a different problem at different age brackets, but they are all related conditions that occur as a result of dehydration over time. Time is of essence -- when incrementally we become dehydrated, the prune-like cells begin to transform. Some of them become cancerous, and I've explained all of this in the book. I explain how dehydration suppresses the immune system, directly or indirectly, and that's how most diseases occur, including cancer.

Mike: When is this book going to be published?

Dr. B: It will be available by the end of the year. People can keep an eye on the website
[www.watercure.com], and it will be posted there when the book is available.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables