Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
water
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 20, 2006 05:26AM

How much water do you people drink? Do you think it is important to incorperate a lot of water into your lifestyle? Do you think that you get enough water from fruits and veggies? I read in a book that the best source of water is "organic water" and you can only get that from fruits and veggies so when one is thirsty, one should drink juice instead of water.

what do you people think?

thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 20, 2006 08:23AM

I drink close to a gallon of water each day. You will not get enough water through fruits and vegetables alone, especially if you exercise.

You may also want to drink young coconut water, it is the best!

Posted by: Brand new heart ()
Date: November 20, 2006 11:35AM

According to David Wolfe, the water in fruits and veggies compensate the loss of water in heated foods when you switch to a raw food diet. It is also the safest way to "drink" water since there are no bacteries in it and it is also elcetrified by the sun. personally, I would only drink water if I was thirsty and instinctively wanted it and nothing else. Yes, that is correct Mike - you loose water when you excerise. I would follow my instinct. But ofcorse, you have to have a clear mind to clearly know what you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2006 11:36AM by Brand new heart.

Posted by: Elphaba ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:04PM

I often drink water, exclusively. The amount depends almost entirely upon how much fruit I have eaten and how active I am that day.

Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: November 20, 2006 04:39PM

if you eat dehydrated foods, you will need to drink extra water to compensate.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 20, 2006 06:33PM

I've eaten nothing but fruit past few years....so I don't drink water (unless I am fasting). Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: November 21, 2006 09:21PM

I swim, bike and run... I also walk quite a bit. I find I drink water when I get thursty. It's a great staple and cleanser for me.

Thanks,

Arilraw

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 21, 2006 09:31PM

I usually don't drink water, but I eat a lot of fruit. Some raw foodists include salt and products that contain salt in their diet (miso, nama shoyu, braggs, krauts, fermented veggies, raw gourmet foods) and become thirsty as the body tries to dilute the poisonous salts.

If you are thirsty, drink water.

Date: November 22, 2006 04:14AM

arilraw

Ever done a triathilone?

elnatural

Date: November 22, 2006 01:18PM

I have read that drinking half your body weight in ounces of water per day adiquitly hydrates the body system, and normalizes it towards homeostasis. I have performed this since I first read it and I have noticed that the body developes its own natural thirst. During times of intense stress I notice that I don't properly hydrate and I then suffer the consequences. I know that the average person will need at the very least a half gallon of water per day just for elimination and that sometimes doesen't give you enough saliva to digest the bulk that we live fooders put into ourselves.

I personaly have only drank distilled water for the past 22 years. My life partner has been an advocate for proper hydration too.

Date: November 22, 2006 03:18PM

since i'm now really becoming the big fan of coconut water, i also suggest you drink this stuff to get both benefits
I register into this website because of its article:
[www.living-foods.com]

very informative! didn't know that coconut water could be a sports drink, I've been drinking this coconut water i buy thru website named cocofina because of the taste, now i know it has lots of benefits, amazing.. so instead you been thinking all day about the balance of fruit and water.. why dont you try the coconut water?

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: November 24, 2006 12:51AM

Ell-NatuRal,

Yes, I've competed in what are called sprint triathlons: .5 mile swin, 3.5 mile run and a 10 or so mile bike.

The last two I've trained for I was not able to compete in as I had either hurt my left leg or I was in a car accident. The first one that I competed in I came in second.

I've started to train for the spring triathlon at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. I started early as I'm still rehabilitating an ankle injury from the car accident I had had last spring. So far, so good. No pain!

Have you done a triathlon?

Dream for me? Finish in the middle of the pack in The Iron Man in Hawaii.

Funny how I got into triathlons... I had to stop body building/power lifting due to a heart injury. My Dr. suggested I begin to bike. Well, one thing led to another, and boom! There I was, drawn to go farther. What I looked for in boby building, I found in swiming, running and biking.

Thanks,

Arilraw

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: November 24, 2006 01:22PM

I drink over 80 oz. of water daily. I discovered the bodies many cries for water, which was a book written by Dr. Batmanghelidz and I've followed his prescription for the water cure since then. He was a man way before his time and it's unfortunate that he's no longer with us. If you don't believe you need water then listen to the three-part audio between him and raw foodist Tony Robbins. It's eye-opening. You can find it on [www.watercure.com] or [watercure2.com].

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:52PM

I use to not drink much water and eat mostly fruit but
I do exercise a lot and now drink probably a half gallon
of water a day.
I also believe in the theory of one's urine color.
Being that, the more yellow (dark) your urine is the less
hydrated you are, and the clearer your urine is
the more fluids you've drank or fruits you've
eaten..

Btw:
Penta Hydrate & Super Oxy-Up are IMHO Scams...

Also isn't strange/funny/interesting/odd (however you look
at it) that you can't buy/obtain
Organic water?

Why Vegan?
Because I have the most love and admiration for all animals of the earth!!!
a rawvegan hopeful, rawdev4life!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2006 11:55PM by rawdev.

Posted by: wallace ()
Date: June 25, 2010 12:44PM

I have reading Robert o young from whose ideas this article is based. Some of his ideas i like others not. sickness is acidity with dehydration for him and I agree.
see his entry at wikipedia for more info

I come to the conclusion that the amount of water you need varies depending on how acidic you are. www.watercure.com fails to see this. The sicker you are the more pure water you need_ the quality of water is very important. That seems to me the problem of putting the limit at 2 litres or whatever even the article below puts a limit on how much water you need.

You cant prove any amount is sufficent. Unless you arent sick anymore! Then you are drinking enough.

As I am sick in addition to my vegan diet I have just started drinking as much water as I can. very powerful!

I add a little green clay to the water to make it more alive. I use a Eva water system filter for water.

Jesus last words: I am thirsty. Its finished.

Blessings
Wallace

You Are What You Drink
by Bonnie Murphy

“Water is not only a mirror reflecting our mind—water is the source of life.”

~Masaru Emoto

If you don’t drink enough water—and most Americans don’t—you can and will compromise your health and body. How long can a person stay alive without water? It’s fascinating that you can live 30 days without food, but you can’t exist for over 72 hours without water.

Our bodies are made up of 70% water. Each day we lose up to 2% of that in our everyday activities. If we do an hour of exercise, we lose even more. It’s a proven fact that if you lose 2% or more of your body water, you are de-hydrated. The average adult loses 2½ to 3 liters of fluid a day through sweating, breathing, urinating, moving, even sleeping. Thus, the body becomes dehydrated.

A survey done for the Nutrition Information Center at Cornell Medical Center revealed that 10% of those polled admitted to drinking no water at all! The average person gets only about 1 liter (approximately 35 ounces) of liquid a day. Much of that liquid comes from acidic coffee, tea, and soft drinks—many of which actually rob your body of water.

When we exercise, especially outdoors in the winter, we need to really hydrate your body. When I speak about hydration, I am talking about drinking good water. Some of the water that we drink is not good and I’ll cover that later. However, if we don’t get enough water, our bodies will actually retain water and then we’ll feel bloated and uncomfortable and will appear fatter than we already are.

I’ve advised many clients to drink water in order to help with leg cramps. The reason this works is because water works to wash the acids out of our bodies. When we exercise, we stir up all kinds of toxins and acids. If they aren’t washed out of the body, they will lodge in the muscles or joints and cause cramping and aching. In this sense, it’s obvious that water is a cell cleanser—and it is clear that we already need to drink more!

Good water and pH factors

Good water is defined as water having a pH of greater than 7.365 (the natural pH of the human body). Tests have been done on several popular brands of bottled water and it’s shameful to see how we are wasting our money. Most bottled water is nothing more than municipal water that has been run through a filter. Take the Coke product, Dasani, or the Pepsi product, Aquafina—both are bottled from municipal water supplies; nothing else has been done! Buying bottled water is no assurance that it is any safer or healthier than tap water.

Not many bottled water companies list their pH factor, but Evian has a pH of 7.53 and Dannon Spring Water of 7.84—thus, both are “good” water. If in doubt about the pH of your tap water, take it in for testing. To get your water (whether bottled or tap) to an alkaline state of 7.365 or higher, just add a teaspoon or two of baking soda to each 32 ounces of water that you drink. Baking soda added to water not only increases the pH, but also releases oxygen in the water, increasing its energy potential. Dr. Robert O. Young, in his book The pH Miracle for Weight Loss, recommends that you drink water that has a pH of 9.5 to 11.5. (There are some machines available for purchase that will alkalize your water right at your kitchen sink.)

It takes about 20 parts alkaline to cancel out 1 part acid. So, if you want to drink a cup of acidic coffee and are concerned about your body’s pH balance, you would have to drink 20 cups of “good” water to cancel out the acid that is created in your body from drinking the one cup of coffee. (It doesn’t matter if it’s caffeinated or decaf—it’s all acid causing.)

Get thin: drink water!

If you are one of the 75% of Americans that don’t drink 8 eight-ounce glasses of water daily, then I would suggest you work up to your recommended amount of water. A good rule of thumb would be to add 8 ounces of water a day for as many days as is needed to get to your required amount. If you weigh 210 lbs you’ll need at least 5 ½ liters; if you exercise, the number goes up to 7 liters daily.

When you give your body more water, you’ll crave more, and you’ll drink more. The more you get the more you want. It’s so good for you because the job of good water is to neutralize acids, dilute excess acid, and literally wash them (and all the toxins) out of your body via urine, sweat and through the bowels. Without enough water your body becomes too acidic and goes into a preservation and fat-storing mode.

This is partly why the answer to weight loss is to drink more water. Think about it. If not drinking enough water causes bloating, and your body goes into preservation mode, doesn’t it make sense that if you drank one liter of good water for every 30 to 40 lbs of body weight, you could lose some pounds?

Hydrate!

In Alaska (and especially in the dry winter time) we really need to think about hydration. The definition of hydration is to supply water in order to restore or maintain fluid balance.

A mere 2% drop in body water has been shown to cause muddled thinking, short-term memory problems, trouble with basic math, difficulty expressing oneself verbally, and difficulty focusing on a computer screen or the printed page. Light-headiness and cold hands and feet can also result. The list goes on: anxiety, irritability, depression, sugar cravings, and cramps.

If you are out cross country skiing and become dehydrated, you could get so confused that you won’t know how to get back to your car or house. Always carry good drinking water with you! Try to drink one liter (approximately 35 ounces) for every 40 pounds of body weight each day. If you exercise, then you should be drinking one liter per every 30 pounds of body weight daily.

When you are participating in winter sports, use the formula of one liter to each 30 pounds of body weight and you will keep your body’s fluid balance in check. (For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, you should be drinking 5 liters of good water daily.) Have a great winter: drink water!

horizontal rule

For questions about hydration and other health and wellness issues, call Bonnie Murphy, fitness coach for mature women, 907.646.4076. Website: www.bfitandwell.com; e-mail: bonnie@bfitandwell.com

ue

Date: June 25, 2010 12:58PM

I aim to drink the recommended 8 glasses a day, sometimes more. It really shows in my skin if I don't drink enough water.

Also, drinking cool water helps calm my allergies. Before I got my adrenalin ani-pen, my solution to my swollen throat/face was to guzzle tonnes of ice-cold water... it really alleviates the symptoms.

Plus after a hot, face-burning workout, nothing better than sitting outside in the breeze with a cool glass of water smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2010 01:09PM

Harvey diamond in his last book argues for a minimum of 2 litres of pure water in addition to a vegan diet.

From the book:

"Your Body's Many Cries for Water"

AMAZING SECRETS FOR HEALTH AND WELLNESS
AMAZING SECRETS FOR HEALTH AND WELLNESS

Cure # 1: Water prevents and cures heartburn.

Heartburn is a signal of water shortage in the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract. It is a major thirst signal of the human body. The use of antacids or tablet medications in the treatment of this pain does not correct dehydration, and the body continues to suffer as a result of its water shortage.

Tragedy: Not recognizing heartburn as a sign of dehydration and treating it with antacids and pill medications will, in time, produce inflammation of the stomach and duodenum, hiatal hernia, ulceration, and eventually cancers in the gastrointestinal tract, including the liver and pancreas.
Cure # 2: Water prevents and cures arthritis.

Rheumatoid joint pain - arthritis - is a signal of water shortage in the painful joint. It can affect the young as well as the old. The use of pain-killers does not cure the problem, but exposes the person to further damage from pain medications. Intake of water and small amounts of salt will cure this problem.
Cure # 3: Water prevents and cures back pain.

Low back pain and ankylosing arthritis of the spine are signs of water shortage in the spinal column and discs - the water cushions that support the weight of the body. These conditions should be treated with increased water intake - not a commercial treatment, but a very effective one.

Tragedy: Not recognizing arthritis and low back pain as signs of dehydration in the joint cavities and treating them with pain-killers, manipulation, acupuncture, and eventually surgery will, in time, produce osteoarthritis when the cartilage cells in the joints have eventually all died. It will produce deformity of the spine. It will produce crippling deformities of the limbs. Pain medications have their own life-threatening complications.
Cure # 4: Water prevents and cures angina.

Heart pain - angina - is a sign of water shortage in the heart/lung axis. It should be treated with increased water intake until the patient is free of pain and independent of medications. Medical supervision is prudent. However, increased water intake is angina's cure.
Cure # 5: Water prevents and cures migraines.

Migraine headache is a sign of water need by the brain and the eyes. It will totally clear up if dehydration is prevented from establishing in the body. The type of dehydration that causes migraine might eventually cause inflammation of the back of the eye and possibly loss of eye sight.
Cure #6: Water prevents and cures colitis.

Colitis pain is a signal of water shortage in the large gut. It is associated with constipation because the large intestine constricts to squeeze the last drop of water from the excrements - thus the lack of water lubrication.

Tragedy: Not recognizing colitis pain as a sign of dehydration will cause persistent constipation. Later in life, it will cause fecal impacting: it can cause diverticulitis, hemorrhoids and polyps, and appreciably increases the possibility of developing cancer of the colon and rectum.
Cure # 7: Water and salt prevent and cure asthma.

Asthma, which also affects 14 million children and kills several thousand of them every year, is a complication of dehydration in the body. It is caused by the drought management programs of the body. In asthma free passage of air is obstructed so that water does not leave the body in the form of vapor - the winter steam. Increased water intake will prevent asthma attacks. Asthmatics need also to take more salt to break the mucus plugs in the lungs that obstruct the free flow of air in and out of the air sacs.

Tragedy: Not recognizing asthma as the indicator of dehydration in the body of a growing child not only will sentence many thousands of children to die every year, but will permit irreversible genetic damage to establish in the remaining 14 million asthmatic children.
Cure # 8: Water prevents and cures high blood pressure.

Hypertension is a state of adaptation of the body to a generalized drought, when there is not enough water to fill all the blood vessels that diffuse water into vital cells. As part of the mechanism of reverse osmosis, when water from the blood serum is filtered and injected into important cells through minute holes in their membranes, extra pressure is needed for the "injection process." Just as we inject I.V. "water" in hospitals, so the body injects water into tens of trillions of cells all at the same time. Water and some salt intake will bring blood pressure back to normal!

Tragedy: Not recognizing hypertension as one of the major indicators of dehydration in the human body, and treating it with diuretics that further dehydrate the body will, in time, cause blockage by cholesterol of the heart arteries and the arteries that go to the brain. It will cause heart attacks and small or massive strokes that paralyze. It will eventually cause kidney disease. It will cause brain damage and neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease.
Cure # 9: Water prevents and cures early adult-onset diabetes.

Adult-onset diabetes is another adaptive state to severe dehydration of the human body. To have adequate water in circulation and for the brain's priority water needs, the release of insulin is inhibited to prevent insulin from pushing water into all body cells. In diabetes, only some cells get survival rations of water. Water and some salt will reverse adult-onset diabetes in its early stages.

Tragedy: Not recognizing adult-onset diabetes as a complication of dehydration will, in time, cause massive damage to the blood vessels all over the body. It will cause eventual loss of the toes, feet and legs from gangrene. It will cause eye damage, even blindness.
Cure # 10: Water lowers blood cholesterol.

High cholesterol levels are an indicator of early drought management by the body. Cholesterol is a clay-like material that is poured in the gaps of some cell membranes to safeguard them against losing their vital water content to the osmotically more powerful blood circulating in their vicinity. Cholesterol, apart from being used to manufacture nerve cell membranes and hormones, is also used as a "shield" against water taxation of other vital cells that would normally exchange water through their cell membranes.
Cure # 11: Water cures depression, loss of libido, chronic fatigue syndrome, lupus, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy.

These conditions are caused by prolonged chronic dehydration. They will clear up once the body becomes well and regularly hydrated. In these conditions, exercising one's muscles should be part of the treatment program.
For More Information, Read the Book:
Your Body's Many Cries for Water.

by F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.

"Bad Cholesterol": A Myth and a Fraud!

We in the medical profession, totally oblivious of the vital roles of cholesterol in the body, have been duped into thinking that it is this substance that causes arterial disease of the heart and the brain. The pharmaceutical industry has capitalized on the slogan of "bad cholesterol" and has produced toxic-to-the-body chemicals that minimally lower the level of cholesterol in the body and in the process cause liver damage to thousands of people, some who die as a result of using the medication.

It is surprising that none of the frequently quoted and media-popularized doctors has reflected on the fact that cholesterol levels are measured from blood taken from the veins, yet nowhere in medical literature is there a single case of cholesterol having caused obstruction of the veins. Venous blood moves far slower than arterial blood and thus would be more inclined to have cholesterol deposits if the assumption of "bad cholesterol" were accurate. This mistake by us in the medical community, and its capitalization by the pharmaceutical industry, has caused an ongoing fraud against society.

In truth, the so-called "bad" cholesterol is actually far more beneficial than is appreciated. The reason for its rise in the body is because of complications caused by chronic unintentional dehydration and insufficient urine production. Dehydration produces concentrated, acidic blood that becomes even more dehydrated during its passage through the lungs before reaching the heart – because of evaporation of water in the lungs during breathing. The membranes of the blood vessels of the heart and main arteries going up to the brain become vulnerable to the shearing pressure produced by the thicker, acidic blood. This shearing force of toxic blood causes abrasions and minute tears in the lining of the arteries that can peel off and cause embolisms of the brain, kidneys and other organs. To prevent the damaged blood vessel walls from peeling, low-density (so-called "bad"winking smiley cholesterol coats and covers up the abrasions and protects the underlying tissue like a waterproof bandage until the tissue heals.

Thus, the vital, life-saving role of low-density cholesterol proves this substance is of utmost importance in saving the lives of those who do not adequately hydrate their bodies so that their blood can flow easily through the blood vessels without causing damage.

Cholesterol is an element from which many of our hormones are made. Vitamin D is made by the body from cholesterol in our skin that is exposed to sunlight. Cholesterol is used in the insulating membranes that cover our nerve systems. There is no such a thing as bad cholesterol. If all the primary ingredients are available for its normal functions, the human body does not engage in making things that are bad for its survival. Until now we did not know water was a vital nutrient that the body needed at all times – and in sufficient quantity.

Water itself – not caffeinated beverages that further dehydrate – is a better cholesterol-lowering medication than any chemical on the market. It is absolutely safe and is not harmful to the body like the dangerous medications now used. Please share this information with those you care for.

For more information about my medical breakthrough on the topic of chronic unintentional dehydration and the diseases it causes, other than what is posted on this site, refer to my books and tapes – products of over 20 years of fulltime research.

F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.

Date: June 25, 2010 01:41PM

I have found the body will tell you when you have drunken enough water: A fullness in the stomach starts

So I am basically taking an orthomolecular approach to water: see below

Orthomolecular medicine
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Biologically based alternative
and complementary therapy - edit

* Chinese food therapy
* Herbalism
* Macrobiotic diet
* Natural health
* Orthomolecular medicine

NCCAM classifications

1. Alternative Medical Systems
2. Mind-Body Intervention
3. Biologically Based Therapy
4. Manipulative Methods
5. Energy Therapy

See also

* Complementary and alternative medicine
o Alternative medicine
o Complementary medicine
* Glossary of alternative medicine

Orthomolecular medicine, or megavitamin therapy, is a form of complementary and alternative medicine that seeks to prevent or treat diseases, with a goal of attaining optimal health, using nutrients prescribed as dietary supplements or derived from diets.[1][2][3] Orthomolecular medicine focuses on what it sees as the right nutritional molecules in the right amounts for the individual. Proponents believe that low levels of these substances can cause chronic problems beyond vitamin deficiency.[4] It often recommends megavitamin doses much larger than those recommended by medical authorities.[3] The term "orthomolecular" was coined by Nobel laureate and chemist Linus Pauling to mean "the right molecules in the right amounts" (ortho is Greek for "right"winking smiley.[5] Pauling theorized that "substances that are normally present in the human body" are necessarily good and can be used at high doses to treat disease. The term is not used in medicine, where clinical use of specific nutrients is considered a form of chemoprevention (to prevent or delay development of disease) or chemotherapy (to treat an existing condition).[6]

Proponents[7] state that nutrient treatments are based on patients' personal biochemistries.[8] Supplements are prescribed at high levels or "megadoses" beyond the Dietary Reference Intake. A 2002 survey found that around one in twenty-five US adults uses megadose therapy,[9] a practice particularly common among cancer patients.[10]

Nutrients may be useful in preventing and treating some illnesses,[11] but the broad claims made by advocates of megavitamin therapy are considered unsubstantiated by available medical evidence.[11][12][13][14] Critics have described some aspects of orthomolecular medicine as food faddism or quackery.[15][16][17] Research suggests that some nutritional supplements might be harmful;[18][19][20] several specific vitamin therapies are associated with an increased risk of cancer, heart disease, or d

Date: June 25, 2010 01:45PM

obviously as the watercure.com prescribes you should take a little quality salt.

Date: June 25, 2010 01:48PM

I take practically no supplements myself at the moment. robert o young is very keen on taking loads of expensive supplements.

Date: June 25, 2010 01:49PM

www.watercure2.org is worth a look

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 25, 2010 02:31PM

I drink at least a liter of distilled water per day.

Vinny

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 26, 2010 02:27AM

Well, I used to drink a gallon of water more or less a day, was always pretty low energy, found out that drinking to much water actually leeches vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes out of your body, I reduced my water intake to only when im thirsty, so I drink a quart, to sometimes as much as 2 quarts a day, sometimes as high as a gallon if im visiting my mom during the summer in 100+ degree weather and im outside allot...lol... but havnt had nearly as much of a problem with fatigue since then.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: June 26, 2010 12:42PM

I drink very little water - perhaps half a glass of day on average. And I'm quite active (hot yoga, gardening etc).

I follow a high-fruit raw diet, and see no need to glug down vast quantities of water when I don't feel like it.

I drink when I'm thirsty. Some people throw their hands up in horror at this and say 'if you drink when you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated'. Well, sure I am. That's why my body tells me to drink. Nothing awful will have happened in the few minutes (or longer) that I've been feeling thirsty.

This is where I depart radically from certain others on high-fruit diets who are telling people to drink, eg, 2 litres on waking, more litres throughout the day. I'm pretty sure this advice is faulty. If we are following a raw food diet and have no desire to drink all this water, we shouldn't then drink it. Can't be right.

Date: June 26, 2010 01:12PM

To Debbie I would say if you are in good health then your right but for people who are sick then you should hydrate your body with water in addition to your food intake.

Having said that both David Wolfe, who I havent read, and gabriel cousens, I have read his book called Spiritual nutrition which has about 50 pages on the impOrtance of live water both drink plenty of pure water and say raw foodists should do the same.

Drinking live water also does wonders for your consiousness!!!

Natural Hygenists are divided on this issue

.[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I did a search here on the watercure and found this. One idea it mentions I think on this thread is adding salt directly to the water, which is not advised. You are supposed to put the salt on your tongue. Any views on this?

If you are sick than relying the thirst mechanism as the watercure website explains is faulty reasoning. Being sick means you are dehyadrated.

Date: June 26, 2010 05:19PM

Well, sure, if we're talking about someone with an illness I can see radical measure being taken. I think we're all assuming from the tone of this thread though that we are all in fairly good health. That being the case I too would follow the advice to drink at the body's insistance and not when there is no urge to do so. We spend a great deal of time learning to interpret the body's messages to give ourselves what we really need, it seems a little out of whack to make this the exception. Eat when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired, drink when you're thirsty, etc. Knowing what the body is really saying may take a bit of time and practice but I for one am not going to mess that all up drinking gallons of water when there is no physical urge to do so. What other animal behaves like that? None, I'd say.

Date: June 26, 2010 10:42PM

@Wallace, you do know, the reason they include salt, is if you drink to much water, and dont replenish your electrolytes, you will die? water flushes the electrolytes out of your body, salt replenishes them... the salt is to keep you from dying, as with little or no electrolytes the human body starts to literally shut down, permanently. I dont think it really matters whether its in the water, or on your tongue, as long as you get it in to you.

Date: June 26, 2010 10:46PM

I gave myself water poisoning one time by drinking vast amounts of it on an empty stomach with no salt, and I was dancing and sweating like a fiend too. I got home and threw up pure water and peed every 5 minutes for hours afterwards, man I've never felt like that before. Not good.

Date: June 26, 2010 11:25PM

yikes!!! if that ever happens again, well im sure you already know this, But Gatorade or something similar thats high in electrolytes and can be metabolized fast, I know it isnt raw, but you need those electrolytes as fast as possible in that kinda situation to minimize the damage to your body and brain... Thats one of the primary causes of death for ravers, they take their E, dance and dance for hours, sweating, drinking more water, and end up with water poisoning, or if they dont drink, dehydration...

Date: June 26, 2010 11:45PM

Yes, that's exactly what I was doing. What can I say? I was young...

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables