Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Harley and Freelea respond to getting kicked off the Woodstock Fruit Festival
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 02, 2013 07:27PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Harley and Freelea respond to getting kicked off the Woodstock Fruit Festival
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 02, 2013 09:59PM

I commented. Freelea is a beautiful woman, and this was a great video that showed emotion and vulnerability. True courage.

Re: Harley and Freelea respond to getting kicked off the Woodstock Fruit Festival
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 03, 2013 12:21AM

it is a video revenge sad smiley

Date: December 03, 2013 12:53AM

Full respect to them both for their honesty. D.R may not always be suptle, but that is his way, l don't think he means any harm to anyone. They are trying to do the best they can, share their experiences and help other people. They are both good people with a good heart. They may have banned many people, but it doesn't matter...they did what they believed in and wanted a pure raw fruit/vegetable message at the time.

I don't see anything wrong with them being banned from the festival either. The festival people are trying to promote the all raw message too. They wouldn't want D.R coming to the festival and people bringing up the cooked food issue because it is a distraction from their message.

And if people really do hate them, no big deal. People can get abit cultish and silly when they are enthusiastic. No-one is perfect and we all having growing to do, and any haters are just on a journey like we all are. Who cares if Doug or Christina never talks to them again after years of support from F.L and D.R, people are people and we don't always treat people and behave as well as we always should, but it's all good because these are life experiences that provide memories and opportunites for the soul to grow. Negative experiences are only perceptions, what they really are is opportunities to learn. It's always wise to see people for where they are at, and if you do that you will love people unconditionally, but it takes enlightenment to do that, and we are all on that journey towards enlightenment. You move to a point to where you can rise above all that nitty gritty stuff and see the big picture.

If people on my site want to eat meat, do drugs and treat people in their lives badly...it doesn't matter, l won't look down on them...l will meet them for where they are at and try to help them move forward, for we all have been there during many of our lives.

Just one point to correct `the rider'. Some almonds are raw. l know this because when you try sprouting a cooked almond v's a raw almond you will find the raw always molds easily within 24 hours.

Keep on being good folks D.R and F.L, l love you both. I would refuse to have a conversation about diet with them, but l appreciate them both as human beings. I don't agree with hardly anything they have ever said, but I have always been nice and encouraging to them both on youtube comments and have told them they are both good people.

And whether raw fooders are deceptive or not doesn't matter because all are trying to make their lives better and going through what they need too, and many are unconsciously seeking enlightenment. All raw fooders are great because they are looking for something good...they finally have their training wheels on and are on their way. Many folks are still just crawling, but many of the raw fooders are now starting to walk. That makes me really happy to see. How could you not love what raw fooders are trying to do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 01:05AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 03, 2013 12:59AM

TSM, very well said!!! I got something valuable from what you wrote. And I actually can see where Panchito and CC are coming from, too. Kristina abstained from voting, which made them feel betrayed but I can sort of see why she did that. She didn't want to side with either party. That doesn't mean she's against DR and Freelea.

Date: December 03, 2013 01:34AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kristina
> abstained from voting, which made them feel
> betrayed but I can sort of see why she did that.
> She didn't want to side with either party. That
> doesn't mean she's against DR and Freelea.

Exactly. The rider and F.L need to be careful not to make too many assumptions. And whether Christina is fake or egotystical doesn't matter, she is doing the best she can at this time. She has just got her training wheels on and we need to meet her for where she is at. It's takes lots of time to grow.

Ego is an extremely hard thing to overcome, it's the very hardest thing because the physical illusionary system we live in and the titles we assign ourselves to does create ego. Ego is like quick sand to the development of the soul and will dim that inner light, but once you remove that perception (remove the illusions) and see things in their universal context that chain around our necks will be lifted and enlightment will be far more forthcoming. Overcoming the ego is the ultimate test, so it'important to forgive people with the big ego because it is a very heavy chain to remove.

And when you think you have almost conquered ego, it can still come back in mild forms to let us know we still have a long way to go. And when it does rear it's ugly head, you slap your wrists and say "NO" and you give yourself a good heart felt talking to and be absolutely determined to do better because it really is quick sand to our development.

And when you ask the high level cosmic beings to give you the answers to the universe because you are "ready and can handle the truth", and when you ask them to allow you to "see certain places and beings", it shows you have ego and have a long way to go. How dare us ask them that stuff, we need to know our place and not cross the line, no wonder they don't want much to do with us. We are not entitled to any of that great stuff until we have earned it, that's why they won't talk to many folks - we can talk to them and they may say a few things back, but you never ask them...they won't tell you and show you stuff until you are ready to know, and if you dare ask them, you are NOT ready to know. smiling smiley It can be frustrating like that, but the fact that it is frustrating shows l have ego and have a long way to go. I am nothing but a lowly being, but l have greatness inside, and so do we all. The point of this ramble is...love one another.

The best things happen when you don't expect anything. Don't ask the cosmic being anything. They will show you when the time is right. Try too hard and and they will ignore you (they don't appreciate ego).

P.S, l always get very carried away with this stuff. It always flows because l give the message they want me to.

Late edit: one last thing. And when you ask for stuff you can get lower level beings who will lie to you and trick you. That's why various spiritual people get things wrong...they have been taken for a ride and played with by astral beings (fake angels may make predictions etc). Imposters are everywhere in the cosmos, so avoid them. Low level astral beings love us humans because we are suckers.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 01:47AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 03, 2013 02:26AM

Durianrider has throughout his career as a raw food proponent been bashing raw foodists he doesn't agree with, including but not limited to David Wolfe, Gabriel Cousens, Matt Monarch, all the paleo raw foodists, Dan "The Life Regenerator" McDonald. His website, 30 Bananas A Day, has recently banned 2 of the other pioneers - Don Bennett and John Kohler.

His videos show him feasting on vegan cooked pizza, using refined sugars in his smoothies, Freelee eating pasta -- I guess I don't see why they needed to demonstrate how to eat pasta or pizza, since SAD folk already have this skill.

Its great that they have a "Raw Till 4" plan, and perhaps this is the very plan they follow themselves and it may very well work for them and others, but the other pioneers have a nearly all raw diet, which is very different from eating raw during the day and having your dinner being cooked. As a percentage, a "Raw Till 4" plan might very well be 50% to 80% cooked as a percentage of calories, which is really a plain cooked vegan diet, rather than a raw food diet. Not that there is anything wrong with a cooked vegan diet, its just not the main focus of the Woodstock Fruit Festival, which is more centered around an high fruit raw diet.

The clipped showed in this video of Fully Raw Kristina talking about the discord in the raw movement, and she was most likely referring to Durianrider, who was one of the biggest antagonist when it came to drama and discord. I am sure this tactic created more hits on Durianrider's YouTube site, but when they started doing drama with the other pioneers, plus the different dietary focus, this was too much for the governors of the festival. Durianrider even said that Mike Arnstein asked them to change the focus of their message, and to apologize to the members they had been bashing, but Durianrider refused, because he did not agree with Mike and the other festival leaders.

The tactic Durianrider used with Kristina on this video, questioning her legal actions he claimed was suspect, is an example of his ad hominem attacks on people with whom he doesn't agree. Rather than discuss the points of another person's message, Durianrider prefers to attack the other person personally. This approach, besides being quite childish, creates discord in the raw community and makes the observers of this behavior question why they are participating in the raw movement in the first place.

Durianrider and Freelee talk about Kristina's focus being in the wrong place - not on the planet or the animals. Its funny, because while Durianrider and Freelee do focus on what they believe is the best for the planet and the animals, they are more than happy to abuse any person on their videos they feel doesn't agree with them (of course, for the benefit of the animals and the planet). This kind of righteousness and fanaticism creates a climate of hate.

Date: December 03, 2013 02:41AM

Whoop there it is. You've said it all, Prana. Yes, I felt something was not right with bringing Kristina into this. DR mentioned that recipes with nuts are really cooked recipes because of pasteurized nuts...I felt that was splitting hairs and I didn't really understand why he was going there until I saw today's video. It's hard because I like certain aspects of them, too.

Date: December 03, 2013 03:26AM

Prana Wrote:
>His website, 30 Bananas A Day, has
> recently banned 2 of the other pioneers - Don
> Bennett and John Kohler.

Such a pity. Would have been nice to have taken it easier on those two men considering their achievments in raw.
>

As a percentage, a "Raw Till 4" plan might
> very well be 50% to 80% cooked as a percentage of
> calories, which is really a plain cooked vegan
> diet, rather than a raw food diet.
>

Depends how you measure raw %. Many like to take it from the % weight of the food.

Date: December 03, 2013 04:55AM

I agree with Prana. I mean do you think it is karma? How we all weave and create our future. I believe in 100% raw food at least in aim. Never compromise I think. No backup plan. I do like Harley and Freelea, but they are bored with all raw, and want to move on. Let them. But it is shocking to see DR eat a bowl of non organic cereal, geez where have I been, I feel I am still stuck two years ago and I still thought nothing has changed. Harley to eat cooked food, wow it is the twilight zone. He was quite the activist for many years and now he is eating non organic cereal, not in private, but publicly. I believe in 100% raw. I am shocked and sad to see them leave the elite status of the all raw food eater. Its such an exotic rare species. I admire and respect both of them. But I believe all raw or nothing. I try, and keep trying. Harley and Freelea are both amazing personalities. I would treat them like wonderful people. People are allowed to move on, and those who dish it out can take it too right.
Guys, I am serious, I really think the raw vegan world needs some new leaders. A kick ass new forum...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 05:04AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: December 03, 2013 09:43AM

I still think this forum is very well balanced and I enjoy reading here. No need for a better one, just need more people here. I like raw world very much. You can't improve on God...

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 03, 2013 02:45PM

I understand why they don't want this pair around, but why does Dan MacDonald get a pass if he does in fact sell fish oil and whey powder?

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: December 03, 2013 05:09PM

HH Wrote:
> I understand why they don't want this pair around,
> but why does Dan MacDonald get a pass if he does
> in fact sell fish oil and whey powder?

I seen Dans reponse, something along of the lines of he linked to the NCP affiliate because he used to promote a digestive enzyme supplement they sold. He no longer does because he found a plant based vegan alternative.

Date: December 03, 2013 05:56PM

So the links that the banana twins recently (last week?) showed in a vid which link him to these products are old?

powerlifter Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I understand why they don't want this pair
> around,
> > but why does Dan MacDonald get a pass if he
> does
> > in fact sell fish oil and whey powder?
>
> I seen Dans reponse, something along of the lines
> of he linked to the NCP affiliate because he used
> to promote a digestive enzyme supplement they
> sold. He no longer does because he found a plant
> based vegan alternative.

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: December 03, 2013 06:10PM

HH Wrote:
> So the links that the banana twins recently (last
> week?) showed in a vid which link him to these
> products are old?

they were inactive links he claims and from old videos. Someone from NCP posted on his post saying that he hasn't received commissions and that they were indeed inactive.

Date: December 03, 2013 09:29PM

Ah, I see. Thank you.

powerlifter Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> -----
> > So the links that the banana twins recently
> (last
> > week?) showed in a vid which link him to these
> > products are old?
>
> they were inactive links he claims and from old
> videos. Someone from NCP posted on his post saying
> that he hasn't received commissions and that they
> were indeed inactive.

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: December 04, 2013 02:25AM

on dan's latest vid promoting WFF there are a ton of links that lead to sites where products are sold. he also not too long ago was drinking oil by the pint. so why is this 100% raw only rule enforced at a fruit festival? isnt the bigger picture of health more important? harley and freelee eat more fruit than just about everyone. they dont tell people to buy enzymes. doug graham doesnt sell products.

what i found interesting that no one is talking about is doug graham's stance on cooked food. he used to recommend it as a backup, just as harley does, but now he says no cooked food ever? 80-10-10 is not a macro diet anymore? sounds like he just wanted to conform to the festival's bylaws. he put business before his principles.

i dont agree with attacking kristina... not my baby kristina! running a produce co-op must be stressful. if youve ever browsed yelp, reviewers will complain about anything. its mostly anonymous reviews too. there could be a fountain of youth waterfall and it would still garner a few negative reviews on that site. i dont think because kristina was having a rare bad day that it should be held against her credibility. i think she has the most successful channel of them all and her message reaches broader masses. i recommend her to every woman i know lol.

Date: December 04, 2013 03:15AM

fruitylou,

The main issue around getting dropped was less about the cooked foods, and more about the bashing of people in Harley and Freelee's YouTubes. The video in the original post is a classic example of bashing, in this case the Durianrider and Freelee are bashing Fully Raw Kristina.

In terms of a backup plan, do you think that advocating the eating of wheat and refined sugars is an excellent backup plan? For myself, if I were to not be able to get fresh fruits, I would first try dried fruits and raw fats, and if cooked foods were necessary, go to eating cooked whole foods, say like sweet potatoes or starchy root vegetables. The 80-10-10 diet is about whole ripe raw fresh organic fruits and vegetables, and if a backup is necessary, remove raw from the equation but the other aspects -- whole ripe fresh organic fruits and vegetables ought to remain.

Also, when people see the raw leaders promoting the eating of 30 slices of pizza or a smoothie made with refined sugars, I think this gives the public a false impression that these choice are the best choices when fresh fruit is not available.

Posted by: rawveggiemom ()
Date: December 04, 2013 04:07AM

I like Freelee and Harley because they are vegan but they are no longer raw vegans so they should understand the festival is a raw vegan festival. I would be mad if I was them and people I thought were my friends did that to me. That Dan mcdonald is not a vegan and I never understood how people could not see what a snake oil salesman he has always been.

Also Harley and Freelee act like if you do not have a back up plan you will go back to eating meat. No not true if you are an ethical vegan to begin with. Also all these newbies following them acting like you have to be rich to be 100% raw.

I am glad they told people what Kristina is like. People with money that try to push around the little guy piss me off.

I love this board because people are not afraid to be real and I like that there is a lot of old time raw people.

Date: December 04, 2013 05:31AM

rawveggiemom, why would you believe Durianrider and Freelee's accusations, when they are notorious for bashing other raw food proponents? These two are the drama queens of the raw food movement, and they don't even see how what they are doing is harmful to everyone involved, including themselves. If they had not adopted the tactic of bashing other raw food proponents to further their own cause and increasing their YouTube view counts, they would still be pioneers at the Woodstock Fruit Festival.

Also, these two comparing Kristina eating "raw" pecans is the same as them eating refined wheat flour products and refined sugar is quite amusing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2013 07:00AM by Prana.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 04, 2013 06:01AM

All the other stuff aside (since I already commented on it), I agree with Prana's opinion about options for a "back-up plan".

Also, just a note about pecans: they grow all over the place in Texas (which is where Kristina is from), and they often grow wild. It's not too hard to find raw ones.

Date: December 04, 2013 07:38AM

coconutcream Wrote:
>I really think the raw vegan
> world needs some new leaders.

What about Dr Sebi. He has a special raw knowledge most in the west can only dream of having. He mentions great healing foods we have never heard of, and not hybridised like the foods we all rave about in the developed countries.

Dr. Sebi - Electric Food
[www.youtube.com]

"the reason why the healers are not healing today is that they have been educated" - Dr Sebi.

The wisdom flows through this man like you rarely see in western men. Our raw food leaders are not a shadow on this man, they are just babes in a grown ups playground. We don't need raw food leaders, especially ones that read books, we just need to tap into the good ones out there who know what they are talking about and have the reputation to prove it.

Date: December 04, 2013 02:09PM

Just what raw foods needs...ethnocentric drivel. Are you serious?

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> coconutcream Wrote:
> -----
> >I really think the raw vegan
> > world needs some new leaders.
>
> What about Dr Sebi. He has a special raw knowledge
> most in the west can only dream of having. He
> mentions great healing foods we have never heard
> of, and not hybridised like the foods we all rave
> about in the developed countries.
>
> Dr. Sebi - Electric Food
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> "the reason why the healers are not healing today
> is that they have been educated" - Dr Sebi.
>
> The wisdom flows through this man like you rarely
> see in western men. Our raw food leaders are not a
> shadow on this man, they are just babes in a grown
> ups playground. We don't need raw food leaders,
> especially ones that read books, we just need to
> tap into the good ones out there who know what
> they are talking about and have the reputation to
> prove it.

Date: December 04, 2013 03:46PM

HH Wrote:
> Just what raw foods needs...ethnocentric drivel.
> Are you serious?
>
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> -----
> > coconutcream Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >I really think the raw vegan
> > > world needs some new leaders.
> >
> > What about Dr Sebi. He has a special raw
> knowledge
> > most in the west can only dream of having. He
> > mentions great healing foods we have never
> heard
> > of, and not hybridised like the foods we all
> rave
> > about in the developed countries.
> >
> > Dr. Sebi - Electric Food
> > [www.youtube.com]
> >
> > "the reason why the healers are not healing
> today
> > is that they have been educated" - Dr Sebi.
> >
> > The wisdom flows through this man like you
> rarely
> > see in western men. Our raw food leaders are not
> a
> > shadow on this man, they are just babes in a
> grown
> > ups playground. We don't need raw food leaders,
> > especially ones that read books, we just need
> to
> > tap into the good ones out there who know what
> > they are talking about and have the reputation
> to
> > prove it.

LOL! Now you know what it feels like...winking smiley

Posted by: rawveggiemom ()
Date: December 04, 2013 05:15PM

Prana

I think Harley comparing nuts to cooked is stupid. I was not defending him. But I have heard things about Kristina. Just like Matt monarch is not the nice guy these newbies think.

Date: December 04, 2013 05:16PM

Huh? I don't understand.

banana who Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> -----
> > Just what raw foods needs...ethnocentric
> drivel.
> > Are you serious?
> >
> > The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > coconutcream Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > >I really think the raw vegan
> > > > world needs some new leaders.
> > >
> > > What about Dr Sebi. He has a special raw
> > knowledge
> > > most in the west can only dream of having. He
> > > mentions great healing foods we have never
> > heard
> > > of, and not hybridised like the foods we all
> > rave
> > > about in the developed countries.
> > >
> > > Dr. Sebi - Electric Food
> > > [www.youtube.com]
> > >
> > > "the reason why the healers are not healing
> > today
> > > is that they have been educated" - Dr Sebi.
> > >
> > > The wisdom flows through this man like you
> > rarely
> > > see in western men. Our raw food leaders are
> not
> > a
> > > shadow on this man, they are just babes in a
> > grown
> > > ups playground. We don't need raw food
> leaders,
> > > especially ones that read books, we just need
> > to
> > > tap into the good ones out there who know
> what
> > > they are talking about and have the
> reputation
> > to
> > > prove it.
>
> LOL! Now you know what it feels like...winking smiley

Date: December 04, 2013 07:12PM

Ethnocentric mentality. But I kid because I love...winking smiley

Date: December 04, 2013 07:18PM

Sproutarian man- ahhaha yeah!

Powerlifter- I agree. Its like a free pass, to indulge in cooked food.

Fruitylou- To have so many bad reviews on Yelp, its not good. Customer satisfaction must be held high in any business. That is not to say it could be hired people in India hired just to post bad comments about her - competition does that nowadays. Just a nudge for her to get her business back up to standards. Usually those reviews are spot on, people get pissed if they get treated poorly when spending money. Even if you cannot do right by everyone, you have to treat people nice and apologize for weird portions. I have a business and every customer has to be satisfied and there has to be communication there. You cannot let anyone leave unhappy. I hope she gets those reviews back to positive. Make effort. I agree, she is great, sweet and kind on video. Even if she is a little like Martha Stewart, in her business plans. At least she is doing it. The dream. But if I go to see her in her business, I would like to know I am welcome. They are not over whelmed.

Prana I agree with you about the nuts. And the comparison to cooked. THats crazy

Date: December 04, 2013 10:24PM

Yeah, I still don't get it.

banana who Wrote:
> Ethnocentric mentality. But I kid because I
> love...winking smiley

Date: December 05, 2013 03:20AM

I found this on Kristina's FB page (by another poster) and thought it was a spot-on assessment of the situation:

My thoughts about the response video regarding Woodstock Fruit Festival
December 3, 2013 at 5:26pm
This is my take on the whole response video from Freelee and Harley. I wasn't going to post it but I really want people to look at it from all sides and not just take it at first glance. Keep in mind I like all of the people involved (including Harley and Freelee) and want to share my "comments and criticisms" of this video.

Let's start with their critiques of that Doug Graham video - yes, he said that cooked food is able to be called 80/10/10 in terms of the caloronutrient ratios, but this isn't about that - this is about the fruit festival, not the 80/10/10 Nutrient Ratio Festival. And as I have realized this is not about that, even, it is about people not getting along, trying to bring down someone else (Dan the Man), who is respected by these others for SOME reason we all are not understanding, but the board of directors are not idiotic people. Affiliate links do not mean you are selling everything on the site. For instance if I have a link to
a book on Amazon, and someone buys it, but also buys whey powder being sold on Amazon, *I* would still get a percentage of that sale because that is how affiliate links WORK - the site tracks you from where you linked in from. So it's the people BUYING the whey powder that are the idiots, not the person with the affiliate link.

I am not even a fan of Dan the Man but this is a bad argument. How many people have gone to the site itself? All I saw was links to essential oils, and then I could link to wherever else I wanted on the site. Personally I would not affiliate myself with a site that does sell animal products (except somewhere like Amazon, where they sell bloody everything) so I see why people are upset, but he is not saying HEY BUY THESE PIG ENZYMES etc. I DO understand why people are confused about him still being a pioneer and I disagree with it as well, not because of this affiliate link @#$%&, but because he is all over the place, apparently dissed high fruit diets while AT the festival, and even said himself that he doesn't know why a fruit festival would want him - that IS weird and I don't get it, but it's not my festival.

Unlike a lot of people I look from all sides, and I think critically about @#$%& like this. I like to see the best in everyone and I hate it when people are getting shat on for stupid reasons.

Take Kristina for instance. People calling her fake is PISSING me off. When you have a youtube channel, you generally have your schtick. Kristina is Miss Happy and Goofy and people love her (or hate her) for that. If you think that someone is going to be like that 100% of the time, and you meet them in person, you obviously do not know that people are never in the same state all the time, and that even if they ARE the majority of the time, doesn't mean that when you interact with them that you are going to have a GUARANTEED experience based on your assumptions. To grab a few Yelp reviews as if they are gospel that Kristina is a big phony is RIDICULOUS. A restaurant I used to work at had a bad review once and the comments could have been taken as true by anyone reading, whereas the people leaving the review were saying we never served them, that we didn't even acknowledge them, but the restaurant was a place where you need to come UP to the counter to order - that is how it worked! Also an exceptionally rude lady went into a friend's work, made a horrible scene, and then badmouthed my friend on Yelp when she had done nothing wrong (and was even backed up by her boss).

Those Yelp reviews mean nothing. What is the majority, anyway?? Can you imagine being in a good mood and spend a ton of time with every individual person all the time when you serve THOUSANDS of people a week? Also, the volunteers at a co-op being unfriendly does not mean Kristina is. And even if she WAS, maybe there was a reason to be? Not all customers are amazing beings! When I worked in customer service at bookstores or the raw food restaurant, not everyone was easy to interact with - and I am a friendly person, too! But sometimes, people might get a rise out of me! Ever worked in the retail or service industry? TRY IT.

If you go to a job interview, you put your BEST self out there. Same with people in business. This is why you get people being ultra nice to you in stores, etc (not always) because that is their job. It doesn't mean that the person is fake just because they're being paid to be (of course, it doesn't mean they're not, either).

Ugh, also I actually WENT to the Yelp page and there are only NINE reviews. NINE! And this co-op has like, what, 100,000 customers? Do you know ANYONE who has 100% good reviews? Nope. And people are MUCH more likely to post about their BAD experiences online than their good., especially since co-ops are not really a big thing on Yelp, are they? It's mostly restaurants and stores.

Harley is clearly different on youtube than he is in real life - or what I've seen of him in other people's videos. He actually seems calm. I have met a friend of his who says he is a big puppy dog in real life, very nice and kind. That is not the person on youtube. That is his schtick. So is he fake? When Freelee marketed herself as Raw Fit Bitch, it clearly wasn't working well because now she is the Banana Girl and her videos are VERY different than they used to be - which was very in-your-face, sarcastic, etc. And I like both! So those are both sides of her personality - which everyone has. But you choose a PART Of yourself as your PERSONA if you are MARKETING that. It would be STUIPD to promote a Fully Raw (even if you disagree it is because of a few nuts in a recipe and assume said person making the recipe was eating that every day) lifestyle by being a miserable grump if you are in that mood at the time - a smart person would just wait to make a video until they were in a good mood again. Because GUESS WHAT, eating and living this way TENDS TO MAKE YOU HAPPY. Who's going to look up to a miserable raw foodist?! I want to see happy! I love seeing it! Even if it's a bit over the top! I can tell if someone is being that way but it doesn't mean it's phony - it's also supposed to be entertaining!

People change, moods fluctuate, opinions and stances change all the time. That's normal. In terms of Woodstock, I have not been at this point, but when I hear that most of the pioneers walk around like they're better than everyone - well, everyone DOES put them up on that pedestal and so when you do that and you don't get to interact as much as you'd LIKE (because you look up to them) then you are going to be disappointed and think they are jerks. Freelee and Harley are extroverted as hell - not everyone is. For example, I put myself in the shoes of these people - if you were at a festival and everyone wanted to talk to you and get advice etc, it might be awesome if you are REALLY into that and have the time. Not EVERYONE does. If that is how you operate, that is great, but not everyone
WANTS to do that. Not everyone is going to like YOU, even if they love "everyone." Maybe they didn't like your vibe! I don't know. I certainly question a lot of people's vibes now that this situation is bringing out ugliness in so many people.

For some people this is HOW they make money and that is FINE. How do you think professionals make money?? You think people should do everything for free? How do you think these people live? In trees eating fruit for free? No. You want them to spend all their free time helping everyone for free AND have a typical, lame day job? Would you not make money on your biggest passion and/or expertise if you could? COME ON, of course you would!!!! We can all make huge judgements on how everyone makes money, but in truth Harley and Freelee make money how THEY choose, and they choose a passive income. Not everyone does. To say Kristina is all about the money is INSANE, considering she puts in 100 hours a week or something at a NON-PROFIT CO-OP, which she tirelessly promotes. How do you think
it became the largest co-op in North america?? BY BEING LAZY? By being UNFRIENDLY? Come on.

If I was a pioneer at the fruit festival and had five or six hundred people wanting my time and bombarding me with questions, I would probably go insane. And I am a happy person. Does it make me a fake if I need a break from people or want some time to work on my business or do my own thing? Hardly. Also, having a happy giggly youtube persona does not make you a fake, any more than being aggressive and critical makes you REAL.

I DO like expose videos. They are awesome and important, but you still have to be critical of THOSE videos and look at both sides. Like, a video Harley made the other day spending $250 in a DAY on fruit to PROVE the fruitarian diet is expensive...uh, you used to be able to do it on a budget, so what happened? No one needs a meal of strawberries for $72 or a meal of durians for over $100! What happened to your banana meals? And yes, yes, Australia is expensive (I've been there, the fruit was nice), but what about the people not there? I do agree with a back-up plan, but refined sugar and vegan pizzas are not your original back-up plan (steamed potatoes, rice, yams, quinoa, pasteurized juice), especially when you can afford $250 in one day for @#$%& food. What happened to going to Thailand part of the year when the produce in Australia sucks?

Another thing - and this BOTHERS me a lot - about the Yelp thing. Some bad reviews on Yelp is enough to "PROVE" someone is not really a nice person? Harley and Freelee have a whole @#$%& FORUM dedicated to hating them. CONSTANTLY. And not based on one interaction.

This entire situation BOTHERS me, because I like ALL of these people. They all have something awesome to say and unlike a lot of people, I can pick and choose the bad and good information, and I don't have unrealistic expectations of people. I don't follow anyone blindly. If someone screws up or their ideas change, that's fine! I don't care. Lots of things work, and some things work even better. The festival is supposed to be about the BEST, and the people in charge have every right to choose who represents it.

Oh yeah, refraining from voting does not mean you are compliant. It might just mean you don't WANT to choose sides because you see the validity of both sides - like me. At first I was like "I am not on anyone's side!" and to some degree I am still not, but I see negativity on one side from Harley and Freelee and their fans, and I see positivity on the other - people just responding, or refraining because they don't want to be in the drama,or maybe they just want to get on with their lives? Not everyone spends all day on thecomputer being "lazy" in order to respond to every damn thing being said.

The people being quiet and nice about all this are still the people I look up to. They're barely saying anything. I was shocked at how long it took Freelee and Harley to respond to all this, but when I think about it, it seems like they were taking the time to craft a perfect response in order to make themselves look like they are innocent victims, even though they ban people and shun people for not adhereing to their strict guidelines on 30BAD. They've never, ever taken this long to address something before.

The whole lawsuit thing I don't really know how to comment on - even if it's true, some people are very protective of their businesses, and some people are fine with people sharing anything and everything they do with no sort of copyright - neither is right and neither is bad. Also, sometimes people get offended and act in haste - for instance, I had my before/after photos from eating raw be stolen and used as ads for supplements. I tried emailing these companies and threatening them, and then after a while I just gave up and didn't care. It's easy to lash out about this but no one really knows the whole story, people react, people are human, people have their limits, big deal. One incident is not enough to make me question someone's integrity. I mean gosh, we are all so perfect, right? None of us have ever done anything to anyone out of selfishness or misinformation or any other reason, let's all make quick assumptions about someone from hearsay and speculation about ONE thing.

LOTS OF MIRRORING GOING ON.

Of course, I will add, "I don't hate anyone" just like they say at the end of their video. I am just disappointed. The video, to me, seems very structured and thought out (which is why it took so long to happen, maybe?) in order to appear in the right. To take the time to gather PROOF that all these other people are BAD and they are GOOD. I don't like it. It's manipulative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 03:21AM by banana who.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables