Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Harley attacks Doug Graham on the 80 / 10 / 10 board- and eveyone else.
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: December 04, 2013 10:58PM

Amusing, interesting and entertaining. Amongst many other things, Harley says Doug eats nut butters that have been cooked during the grinding process???, and none of the other raw pioneers have been raw for 5 years and they eat anything from Mcdonalds to eggs - and to misquote Seinfeld, '' not that there is anything wrong with eating those things '' OCCASIONALLY ''.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Harley attacks Doug Graham on the 80 / 10 / 10 board- and eveyone else.
Date: December 05, 2013 01:16AM

Do you have a link?

Date: December 05, 2013 02:21AM

I don't know how to do a link. Just go to the vegsource raw food sports board and there is a topic - THE TRUTH DURIANRIDER.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 05, 2013 02:25AM

All you have to do is copy and paste the URL into the text of your post. It will automatically get turned into a link.

BJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know how to do a link. Just go to the
> vegsource raw food sports board and there is a
> topic - THE TRUTH DURIANRIDER.

Date: December 05, 2013 02:35AM

Here ya go: [www.vegsource.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 05, 2013 04:17AM

I copied and pasted written by durianrider, here:
1. We chose to boycott the hypocrisy at WFF. We didnt get banned.

2. NONE of the pioneers eat a 100% raw food diet in the last 5 years
yet this is a condition to be a pioneer.

*Doug eats nut butters which get cooked during the grinding
process.

*DTM recently admitted in a video a few weeks back to eating eggs
and uses honey. Also deer antler. He sells many supplements from
via his affiliate links with NCP, Meminerals and Young Living Oils.
These animal products include fish oil, pig adrenal extracts, whey
protein and gelatine. Recreational drug use also needs to be
addressed as evidenced in some of Chef Be Live's videos on youtube.
ATM promotes a high fat diet. Says 'too much fruit sugar is bad and
that fat should be the focus'.

*Mike and Victoria Arnstein will be the first to admit they eat like
myself and Freelee. They have their 'back up plans'. We think thats
great.

*Don Bennet eats boiled and steamed pecans, cashes and brazil nuts.
Claims to eat 100% raw though. The reason nuts in store tasted
cooked is that they are. Taste a fresh pecan off the tree. Exactly.

*Arnold from Arnold's way is open about getting fries from
McDonalds when he feels like it.

*Kristina uses cooked nuts in her videos. Also uses honey.

*Tim Van Orden admits to also having a 'back up plan'. He eats like
myself and Freelee do.

*Anne Osbourne would be the only person I would say eats 100% raw
food diet in the last 3 years. Before that she did a period of eating
cooked vegan foods due to a health issue. Anne is open about this.

*Megan Elizabeth is open about eating cooked vegan foods.

So we see that this is not about the fact that myself and Freelee don't
eat an all raw diet as hardly any of the pioneers have in the last 5
years!!!!

Mike called me up. Gave me the low down. Ive been forwarded email
discussions. Ive been DISGUSTED at what was said behind our back
despite all the support we gave to many over the years. I was on the
WFF 'board of governers' yet was not CC'd in the BOG discussions!
What sort of board is that! You act professional Doug but you know
that is very unprofessional to be voting against a board member with
out there knowledge and when I asked you 'did you vote against me?',
you DENIED it!! lol! Ive got ALL the emails and many skype
conversations recorded if any of the pioneers want to make up BS to
cover their fake asses.

Freelee & myself also felt frustrated that we were the only ones
overtly promoting WFF. NOBODY had a banner up on their
site/youtube channels like we did or promoted in in their social
media with the exception of a few 'make sure you sponsor me at the
WFF!' lol!

I was also saddened by the 'holier than thou' mindsets of varIous
pioneers at WFF over the years. Repeatedly WFF attendees would
come to me in person or write me sharing how they were treated by
people they idolized.

WFF sadly has become about the fame and $ for the majority of the
pioneers. Its not about the community for them anymore. Thats why
we are putting on a FREE event next year in Thailand. Best fruit in the
world, no fake speakers that are only out for themselves. No entry
fee. No bureaucracy. No calorie restriction. No cucumbers for dinner!

So to wrap it up, we don't hate anyone, but we are pissed off and
saddened by the actions of mainly Doug & Kristina who we supported
and promoted for years only to be thrown under the bus and snake
oil slicksters like DTM given the green light.

How does that work??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 04:17AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 05, 2013 04:47AM

I'm sorry, but eating "raw" nuts or "raw" nut butter is not the same as eating refined wheat products and refined sugars. The one thing that is unique to Durianrider and Freelee versus the other pioneers is that these two bash other raw foodists, where as the other pioneers do not.

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: December 05, 2013 05:04AM

arnold having mcdonalds fries made me laugh. i can see it too. but hes still lovable arnold.

Date: December 05, 2013 03:24PM

McDonald's fries? Why not at least buy a bag of organic frozen fries and cook them at home instead of supporting the satanic death-burger corporation? Myself and many others do everything we can to avoid that crap, yet some dude with guru status gets to eat McDonald's? I simply don't get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 03:31PM by HH.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 05, 2013 05:29PM

HH Wrote:
> McDonald's fries? Why not at least buy a bag of
> organic frozen fries and cook them at home instead
> of supporting the satanic death-burger
> corporation? Myself and many others do everything
> we can to avoid that crap, yet some dude with guru
> status gets to eat McDonald's? I simply don't get
> it.

Hey, he was probably out and about and that's all there is...I never stepped into a McD's for years and in the last couple have bought fries here and there. It's not good--trust me, I get it--but if you are a vedge and somewhere with limited options, you do what you gotta do. And I do hand it to McD's for at least having salad and other options that they didn't in the past. Again, not a good idea but at least he's honest about it! I have more respect for that than someone sneaking it behind the scenes.

What really amused me was Harley trying to bust out Graham by saying that...ooo...he eats NUT BUTTERS and they are heated due to grinding? Scandalous I tell you, simply scandalous!

Date: December 05, 2013 06:04PM

banana who Wrote:
> in the last couple have bought fries here and
> there.

How did it effect you?

I found the rider's post quite comical actually. The raw food world is a funny old world. I supposed everyone is shocked that Doug grinded his nuts. winking smiley

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 05, 2013 06:36PM

I don't think we should assume all of Harley's accusations are correct. For example, some accusations involved "DTM".

This is what Dan Macdonald says on his Facebook page:

"Hey it's Dan and I would love to clear the air on several subjects that I feel have gotten a little too far away from the truth. I hate having to get involved with drama but a lot of people have been mislead and I feel it is unfair to me and to those people who are not being told the truth.

First of all- some people are wondering about the deer antler situation. I bought a bottle of deer antler about 3 years ago and drank some of it on video with my friend Dara. Yes. I did that. I had gotten a huge shipment of herbal formulas from Dr. Robert Morse and that formula was included. To be honest with you, I had no idea at the time how it was made and apparently it isn't the most deer friendly process. If I had known then what I know now, I would have never participated in it. Am I regretful, sorry and embarrassed? To be honest. No…not exactly. I try to be very forgiving of myself when I make mistakes. I think that is the way we evolve in this life- make mistakes, learn and grow. To be absolutely clear, I haven't had deer antler since then. I tried it once and never had it again, I am usually too busy drinking fresh juices and focusing on raw foods to be preoccupied with supplements and herbs (though some can be very helpful. and shouldn't be discredited.) I don't drink deer antler, I do not sell deer antler, and I do not promote deer antler. I have also never received one penny of financial compensation from God's Herbs (Dr. Robert Morse's Herbal Company.) I promote his herbs because they work and I love Dr. Morse.

Furthermore, I do not sell whey protein or promote whey protein. I used to be affiliated with a company called NCP that made digestive enzymes and probiotics. If I ever promoted products-it would be these few things. Unfortunately I couldn't control NCP and what other products they were manufacturing. I also didn't know that they had a Whey product until DurianRider made a video entitled 'Why does DTM sell Whey Protein'..or something like that. Of course, I would have appreciated him coming to me privately and letting me know before attempting to publicly shame me with his distorted version of the truth. Luckily, my good friend Lou started his own enzyme Company called Puradyme, it is a plant based company and it has much higher quality products so I switched over to them and dropped my affiliation with NCP. This was almost a month ago. However Harley (DurianRider) is making FB posts, videos, and spreading comments all over the web that I sell and promote whey protein (despite being explained the facts). Anyone who actually watches my videos knows that isn't true. So to sum it up- I don't promote, consume or sell deer antler OR whey protein.

Harley and Freelee have been removed from the Pioneer list at The Woodstock Fruit Festival due to the promotion of consuming cooked food, processed sugar and the worst of all---negativity, gossip and basically flat out lies. I'm not surprised to have learned from several other pioneers that I'm not the only one who has been slandered and harassed by them. Everyone knows it but nobody is calling them out. There is an elephant in the room folks. I have never been good at not speaking my truth so here it is- Harley and Freelee will do whatever they have to do and say whatever they have to say in order to get attention and views on their videos. They have lost many good people's respect and I'm not sure if they have much integrity left. It is no longer about bringing quality information to the people or teaching the truth- it has gotten pretty ugly. On his recent videos created about me- if my friends, co workers or viewers tried to defend me by explaining the truth they automatically get deleted and blocked. Harley lied bout me eating bacon and french fries on my profile page (seems desperate and childish), he lied and said my good friend Dr. Robert Morse is an alcoholic and that Lou Corona has had Botox and dyes his hair. It has become very clear to me that Harley is not above lying.

In my opinion health isn't just about a fit body and abundant energy, it is also about healthy behavior and a healthy mind. I feel if Harley and Freelee want to be considered pioneers- not just at Woodstock but in life and in this movement, they would really do well to learn how to communicate compassionately and effectively with the other leaders who are doing their best to teach health information. Certainly, spreading false rumors and causing drama and conflict within the raw vegan movement does a great disservice to our cause and only turns people away from our community. I truly do not enjoy responding to Harley's games because I understand that all he really wants to do is drain my energy and gain attention.

Thank you for reading this all the way through. I am doing my very best in this life and no one is perfect. The truth is most people are connected to non-vegan products and practices in one way or another. Whether you have leather in your car, shoes, belts, wallets, purse, jackets. Or if you shop at grocery stores that also sell animal products, or pay employees whose families eat meat, etc. The list is never ending! Pointing out each other's faults in shameful and disrespectful ways doesn't help the problem- it exasperates it. The blame game does't help any situation, life is about learning and helping each other grow.

To my amazing supporters who have given me love through out all of this high school drama- I appreciate you so much. Thank you for supporting me and believing in me and my efforts to spread my love and passion for health and raw foods. You are the ones who make all this non sense worth it LET IT BE KNOWN that I am sending love and well wishes to Harley, Freelee and all of their followers- that they be fulfilled, satisfied and living a purpose filled life. That they may be happy and content. I am not angry, have no desire to get even and have even less desire to explain myself in regards to food, financial or lifestyle choices. I simply do not have time to play these foolish games any longer. My main priority is to invest my time and energy into becoming a stronger, healthier, happier and more abundant person- while teaching others to do the same. From here on out I am going to ignore Harley, Freelee and any negativity that comes from their followers. it is very unlikely to stop, but for me personally it is over. God Bless you. I love every single one of you that are reading this right now. LOVE LOVE LOVE is the answer! Peace be with you. Dan McDonald, The Life Regenerator"

Regarding the Deer Antler thing. It was originally sold as "antler velvet", and many people thought it was something from the forest that rubbed off onto the antlers and was then harmlessly removed and sold. People didn't know the antlers were painfully cut off, ground up, and sold. I find DTM's explanation entirely believable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 06:43PM by suncloud.

Date: December 05, 2013 06:58PM

It's amazing how quickly the health movement is lowering the bar.

banana who Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > McDonald's fries? Why not at least buy a bag of
> > organic frozen fries and cook them at home
> instead
> > of supporting the satanic death-burger
> > corporation? Myself and many others do
> everything
> > we can to avoid that crap, yet some dude with
> guru
> > status gets to eat McDonald's? I simply don't
> get
> > it.
>
>
> Hey, he was probably out and about and that's all
> there is...I never stepped into a McD's for years
> and in the last couple have bought fries here and
> there. It's not good--trust me, I get it--but if
> you are a vedge and somewhere with limited
> options, you do what you gotta do. And I do hand
> it to McD's for at least having salad and other
> options that they didn't in the past. Again, not a
> good idea but at least he's honest about it! I
> have more respect for that than someone sneaking
> it behind the scenes.
>
> What really amused me was Harley trying to bust
> out Graham by saying that...ooo...he eats NUT
> BUTTERS and they are heated due to grinding?
> Scandalous I tell you, simply scandalous!

Posted by: janetc ()
Date: December 05, 2013 07:37PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> banana who Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > in the last couple have bought fries here and
> > there.
>
> How did it effect you?
>
> I found the rider's post quite comical actually.
> The raw food world is a funny old world. I
> supposed everyone is shocked that Doug grinded his
> nuts. winking smiley

LOL

Date: December 05, 2013 07:44PM

Rawfully Organic co-op half-share... [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 05, 2013 08:01PM

Hi HH.

My computer wouldn't pick up the whole video. I got to 1:59, but so far, that's a nice-looking box of food! Way to go Kristina! I don't agree with everything K says, but she's doing a good thing - for consumers and for farmers. Good job!

Date: December 05, 2013 09:13PM

Mine did the same thing. It looked good to me too, but I don't know the cost. Here's another video with the same guy unloading a $100 box from a co-op. As far as I can see he doesn't mention the name of it. He says that it's in the Houston area. I assume it's Rawfully Organic but don't know for sure. [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 09:13PM by HH.

Date: December 05, 2013 10:04PM

Durianrider seems to know alot about everybody. I wonder what he knows about me. He is like the all seeing eye. He has files on everyone.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 10:06PM by coconutcream.

Date: December 05, 2013 10:37PM

Harley doesn't have any credibility as far as his diet and eating goes. The only thing that saves him from total oblivion and farce is his current athletic ability - because he is still young. Let's see how long it lasts on his '' backup plan '' of white sugar and 30 slices of pizza a day. Give him 10 years and the pictures he uses of other older people to denounce and mock them will be him. When you're young you can get away with anything. Harley needs to compare himself with other ultraathletes and ironmen when boasting about himself, not the general population. His genetics are the reason for his athletic ability, not his diet. With the wrong genetics, even the best diet won't enable you to complete the Hawaiin Ironman.

As for being a junk food vegan, they don't have a good record of health and longevity.Arnold Ehret wrote in his book, '' a moderate meat eater will outlive an overeating vegan ''.

The biggest irony of all this is that if someone on 30Bananas a day had suggested adding white sugar to water and sitting down to 3 pizzas 12 months ago on Harley's site he would have been not only banned, but mocked and shamed.

It's not his food that got him banned, but his hubris.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 10:37PM by BJ.

Date: December 05, 2013 11:00PM

Here's a funny vid using DR's criteria in bashing Dan McDonald concerning DR's own website, 30 Bananas A Day: Is Durianrider an Ethical Vegan?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 11:02PM by Prana.

Date: December 05, 2013 11:13PM

Victoria posted a video she said she would take it down soon. So watch.

I do not know how to post links. so

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 05, 2013 11:20PM

OMG Prana it is so funny that video. It does point out, well where does this vegan witchhunt end.

Date: December 06, 2013 12:14AM

There's a difference between a genuine vegan and a token ' ethical ' vegan. In a previous post weeks ( or months ) ago I outlined the environmental, ethical and vegan footprint of someone living in a temperate zone and relying on the calories from bananas from the tropics to sustain them. It shows the absurdity of taking things in isolation. It's what people eat and do 95% of the time that matters, not what they eat 2 -5% of the time.

The 2 main priorities to being a genuine ethical vegan should be to ask all the suppliers of everything you buy if they are vegans, otherwise you are just supporting the whole non vegan society. The second thing is when eating is to be a locavore and source everything locally, but how can someone be a successful raw foodist relying on fruit and living in a temperate zone. The counter argument presented to this is absurdly presented as ' then let's just eat junk food, meat, etc ', but that's being ridiculous. People have to do the best that they can.

How many 100% raw vegans have gone down to the Antarctic and put themselves between the Japanese whalers and the whales risking their lives??? We shouldn't be too holier than thou and too judgemental.

Date: December 06, 2013 01:06AM

Prana Wrote:
> Here's a funny vid using DR's criteria in bashing
> Dan McDonald concerning DR's own website, 30
> Bananas A Day: Is Durianrider an Ethical Vegan?

LOL!!!!!!!!! That was total pwnage! "Get me a @#$%& green juice NOW!" Mwah!

Date: December 06, 2013 01:07AM

I love the robotic voice, too. Adds to the hilarity. The analogy with the tire is spot-on.

Date: December 06, 2013 01:47AM

Very professionally done, and quite funny. But there is more bad news for Harley.

I just pulled out my Crystal ball and connected it up to my time machine and punched in Harley AKA Durianrider 2024 and here is what came up.

There is Harley still spruiking on the internet, but time hasn't been too good to him. Now he has his false teeth and a wig on, plus the 30 slices of pizza a day has added an 30 extra pounds to his frame. Instead of slim beautiful Freelea ( who finally left him after realising what a loser he was ) sitting on his lap, his new girlfriend is too heavy to sit on his lap.

Now he not only attacks ethical and non ethical vegans, but he advocates eating small amounts of ethical dairy and animal products . He is also attacking his ex cyclist mates as being juiced up on sugar and whatever. The only walking Harley does is between the fridge and his computer, and the only cycling he does is to the shop to get his pizzas.

To see this video all you have to do is send me a check for $1000 and 30 bananas.

Date: December 06, 2013 02:28AM

Wow. The Arnsteins had to put off buying a new house so that they could put on a fruit festival? Oh the sacrifice! What next? Will they have to sell their Lamborghini? Move over Mother Theresa! You ain't got nothin' on these two!

Date: December 06, 2013 03:45AM

HH, I don't see the need to bash the Arnsteins. The raw festivals in the high fruit arena usually don't make enough money to pay all the bills, and end up with a net debt -- at least this was true for the festivals in California, say like Rawstock and Raw Passion. It may be that the Arnsteins never see that money again. How many people do you know who would sacrifice enough money to buy a house for a raw food festival?

Posted by: rawveggiemom ()
Date: December 06, 2013 06:20AM

Wow Harley is really mad.Now he is calling doug cooked he is crazy if he thinks eating a few nuts is the same as pasta and veggie pizzas every day. He is really bashing all 100% raw vegans and saying it is too expensive for regular people. What the hell happen to him. Is he going to start telling vegans if they can not find any vegan food to eat vegetarian for a back up plan.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 06, 2013 09:36AM

in-shelled nuts are not heated

[www.amazon.com]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables