Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chia seed sprouts and dulse = excellent combination
Date: December 09, 2013 05:06AM

A meal of Dulse and Chia seed sprouts are one of the most important foods, and the results are fantastic!

*chia = extremely high in calcium, extremely high in omega 3's and zinc. And yes, the zinc is higher than the copper ratio which will allow us to get the excess copper levels in the raw food vegan diet down to more balanaced levels (a big weakness in the raw plant diet is excess copper levels due to low bioavailable zinc).

Chia is a feel good food that improves mood and protects from the cold.

Dulse is the ultimate spiritual food due to the colour purple, and it does impact the pineal gland like no other food in my experience.

The sea vegetables have more ability to pick up the rays from the sun because the salt water dispurses the sunlight into many different rays of lights.

Dulse is a shallow water algae so it has the most sunlight from the land and in the water, that is why it is purple (U.V rays at very high levels). Btw: the highest energy field is actually purple…it’s even higher than green...it's the true spiritual colour.

AFA/Chlorella picks up different rays of light and are different colours. Therefore Dulse picks up a certain frequency wave and the algaes pick up other frequences.

Fresh raw foods give off frequency. This is what keeps away disease or burns it out.

A previous thread on Dulse and sea vegetables:
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

And when we add in foods like chorella, take good bacteria and organic acids, digestive enzymes that use phytase to break down menacing phytic acid IP5 - 6's, save the internal seed, and add various other foods we can bring the zinc levels up into good balance with copper.

Balancing calcium with phosporous is also important, and the various things Dr David Jubb talks about regarding high level phosphates is truely a nightmare to think about. Not many foods have good phosporous to calcium balance, but chia and sea vegetables certainly help correct the inbalance. Is the ratio strictly 2.5 parts calcium to 1 part phosporous? l doubt it because only a handful of foods in nature are in that ratio, there are obviously other nutrients which act as a saftey buffer.

So yes, the good copper - zinc ratio, good calcium - phosporous ratio once the inhibitors have been delt with will give us treasures that a high fruit diet will never achieve. And when we add in the golden magic of the Dulse we are on a winner. And lets not forget our old friend the sesame sprouts.

We can do so much to make the raw vegan diet work so we feel good.

We don't want too high energy because we don't want to work ourselves too hard and burn out, but we want good steady energy all day and night.

Would love to know the nutritional make up of E3 live, l bet that's a winner too. It's certainly a blue food, and blue foods do impact the mind wonderfully, and Kulvinskas raves about the blue food on mental functioning and how it improves grades in school children significantly.

This is all exciting stuff. Harnessing super powerful electric foods to makes super men and woman. And you know what...we can do it! We can become masters of our environment and we can block nagative electomagnetic alpha waves by accessing delta wave vibrations in my experience. And when that happens you will find that nothing on the internet, t.v and radio will register with you unless it is truth, + this functioning will wipe out previous alpha wave brainwashing. People are living proof of this and l know this is my experience beyond a doubt. In other words...you become reborn again and you re-learn everything and keep dark force energy away from imprisoning us in the illusion of a man created system....the illusion will crumble away and we become what we are meant to become...we become our true original self with our original powers intact.

This is BIG stuff folks!!!

www.thesproutarian.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chia seed sprouts and dulse = excellent combination
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 09, 2013 07:52AM

What about the Fukushima radiation, won't it affect the safety of dulse?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 09, 2013 06:28PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What about the Fukushima radiation, won't it
> affect the safety of dulse?

The dulse I just scored was from Maine Coast and they are of course located on the Atlantic so I guess they don't have to risk contamination. You can order directly from Seaveg, which I recommend as the bags retail for about $7 each 2 oz. package. You really save money, even with shipping factored in.

LOL--I also ordered nori and that's when it gets dicey. The brand I bought claimed that it is totally tested for radiation since the meltdown and is organic but I noticed it says "Product of China!" I thought it was prepared in China but a product of Japan. I guess nori is only available from Asia, for some reason, because Maine Coast doesn't produce it themselves.

I just checked out a book on chia from the library that looks interesting. I have a 3-lb. bag just sitting in the cupboard but it is very shelf-stable, so that's good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 06:29PM by banana who.

Date: December 09, 2013 11:15PM

Prana Wrote:
> What about the Fukushima radiation, won't it
> affect the safety of dulse?

Some of the major concerns are nasty radioactive substances like iodine-131, radioactive strontium-90 are the things being released during nuclear accidents.

Research suggests that sea vegetables have a tougher celluliar structure than ordinary plants that make heavy metal and radiation absorption very very little. The pollution will coat the sea vegetables, but very litle of it will go into the plants. There is also the iodine factor which has been said to detoxify and carry off much of the nuclear waste such as iodine 131, and there are also alganic acids which bind with strontium-90 and other nuclear wastes and draw them out of the body.

Here are some references that make very interesting reading. L will provide quotes and the references.

"The danger of this harmful radioactive isotope is that it will be readily adsorb by the thyroid gland and then into our blood stream. But, if your thyroid gland and other organs that store iodine are filled with healthy iodine, such as iodine-127 from Seaweed, then it cannot absorb any other forms of iodine, such as the radioactive iodine-131"

"By eating Seaweed regularly, you will eliminate any radioactive particles already absorbed, repair the damage done to bone marrow, and prevent further absorption of strontium-90 by as much as 90 percent. Studies show that the alginates (the various salts of Alginic acid) only found in Brown Seaweed such as kelp, kombu, wakame, hijiki, sea palm and sargassum, binds with radioactive strontium to form an inert strontium alginate, which is expelled from the body through normal bowel action. Beside strontium-90, research also shows that algin can prevent living tissue from absorbing other radioactive materials such as barium, lead, mercury, zinc, tin, cadmium and manganese; algin can bind together with these material in the intestine and pass them safely out of the body"

There are also discussions about the Chenoble disaster in the link below too.

[www.algineplus.com.sg]

Here is another quote:

"This means that regularly eating iodine-rich foods will tend to have a real radioprotective function against Iodine 131. Seaweeds are our most reliable sources of dietary iodine. Apparently, seaweeds are not as fragile as animals and the presence of I-131 does not seem to harm them noticeably. Their structural organization allows most of them to outgrow any radiation damage from I-131 decay"

[www.ryandrum.com]

Here is a laboritory analysis done by one of the top labs which showed neglectable levels of radioactive isotopes. Beleieve what you will.

[www.nuc.berkeley.edu]

And this:

"Iodine-129 and -131 are the most important radioactive isotopes in the environment. Some isotopes of iodine, such as I-123 and I-124 are used in medical imaging and treatment, but are generally not a problem in the environment because they have very short half-lives".

[www.epa.gov]

And apparently the iodine 131 only has a life of 6 weeks at most because the gas breaks down in water.

Further reading, How to Reduce Your Risk of Radiation from Fukushima
[www.globalresearch.ca]

We also have Brian Clement who used sea vegetables at HHI. l am sure this man wouldn't be stupid enough to be putting his patients in danger when his reputation depends on it. They serve Dulse at every meal at Hippocrates.

Algae pollution study by myself has been done on and off for a while now, but still have much to do in this area. Hopefully these links will allow people to not write sea vegetables off.

Oh yeah, then there is this that will make an interesting read.
[www.loveseaweed.com]

Of course there are people saying that certain meters show radiation and all that stuff and that we are all doomed and can't eat sea weeds anymore for various reasons, but l am not convinced as yet. I'm doing well on them and l assume the very ill Hippocrates guests are doing o.k too on the weeds.

We can also do other detoxes like chglorella and distilled water along with a raw diet to further help reduce any risk.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 11:19PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 10, 2013 12:25AM

Then there is this science paper that gives us real hope. First, here are some quotes.

"Algae are able to absorb pollutants from the aquatic environment
and biotransform organic compounds and immobilize
inorganic elements to make them less toxic"

"Microalgae employ a variety of biochemical strategies (Fig. 4)
to reduce the toxicity of non-essential trace metals (e.g., Hg and
Cd) and to metal homeostasis in the cytoplasm (Hall, 2002;
Cobbett and Goldsbrough, 2002; Perales-Vela et al., 2006)"

Biochemical biomarkers in algae and marine pollution: A review

Moacir A. Torres, Marcelo P. Barros, Sara C.G. Campos, Ernani Pinto, Satish Rajamani, Richard T. Sayre, Pio Colepicolo

[eportfolio.lib.ksu.edu.tw]

There is also science to suggest that there are a group of enzymes which can break down harmful toxins in the ocean:

Cytochrome P450 monooxygenases for fatty acids and xenobiotics in marine macroalgae

Pflugmacher S, Sandermann H Jr

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

And yes, these cytochrome P450's do play an important role by converting toxic substances to safer substances.

Clinical importance of Cytochrone P450

David Russell, Daniel Nerbert

[toxicology.usu.edu]

The seaweeds are looking good. It looks like various nasty pollutants can be absorbed in bad situations, but these look like they can be broken down by various enzymes in the weeds. Other pollutants only have a short life in water before they are broken down, so they pose little problem to the weeds. Other pollutants are taken out of the body and/or blocked by various nutrients in the weeds, and other pollutants are not able to enter the unique cellular structure of the weeds. The radiation pollution looks to be a short term problem and levels of radiation can be high for a short time (maybe 6 weeks) before the natural marine system takes control and starts to degrade the nasty stuff.

Still lots of research to be done before l present it all on my site.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 12:33AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: December 10, 2013 06:20AM

TSM, on your good recommendation I just bought a bag of Organic Maine Coast Dulse flakes, 4 oz $A13 ($US12). Hopefully they are testing the water there or I will glow in the dark from the radiation.

I wasn't sure how to take it,

1) teaspoon or two in water,

2) sprinkle it on steamed vegies, or

3) I just chopped up a banana and sprinkled it on and ate it that way and it was very nice - cuts down the sweetenss.

Hopefully there is something in it that is of benefit to me.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: December 10, 2013 06:28AM

Banana who, my brand is also Seaveg. It doesn't say anything about putting it in the fridge after opening, but I assume that's what we need to do!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 10, 2013 09:58PM

BJ Wrote:
> Banana who, my brand is also Seaveg. It doesn't
> say anything about putting it in the fridge after
> opening, but I assume that's what we need to do!

No. I keep it in the cupboard. It's seaweed after all. By the way, I think I recommended Maine Coast (which is seaveg.com) on here. I prefer the whole dulse to the flakes. They are so fresh they are WET when you get the pound package.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 11, 2013 11:54PM

I'd be wary of eating/taking anything that comes from the ocean nowadays unless the source you're getting it from extensively tests for contamination (heavy metals, radiation, etc.).

Date: December 12, 2013 09:10PM

Another great meal is AFA blue-green algae followed by fermented raw almond yogurt (got a nice tang to it and many anti-nutrients, fats and protein are broken down).

l miss having ferments every day.

The seaweeds and sprouted seed combination is a very important one. It's the most important meal of the day and is excellent. Chia, sunflower and sesame go well after sea vegetables, but so do all nuts (preferably sprouted). l try to do chia sprouts as a main meal three times per week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 09:16PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 13, 2013 02:38AM

By limiting fruit in your diet, you're doing yourself a huge injustice. But keep thinking you know it all, sprout man! lol....

Date: December 14, 2013 01:57AM

Apologies for what I said, sproutarian, I am in the midst of a detox and have occasional mood swings. Nevertheless, still sorry.

What is your opinion on superfoods? I've been loading up on camu camu, purple corn extract, goji berry powder (and berries), maqui, mangosteen, maca, and chlorella.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2013 01:58AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 14, 2013 03:05AM

hey sproutman

how do i grow my own sea veggies

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: December 15, 2013 08:29PM

hey sproutarian man, is it ok to eat the whole of chia sprouts - like, when I sprout them on a tray rather than soil, I've been just scraping them off and adding them to salads. Wondered if any anti-nutrients would still be hanging around..?

Date: December 15, 2013 08:56PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> TSM, when you mentioned the alpha waves.. did you
> mean that All alpha brain waves are bad? Or were
> you just referring to specific negative
> entrainment that can or usually occur at the alpha
> brainwave level? Is it like 'unnatural' or
> something, not necessary to have alpha
> brainwaves?

Alpha waves are not bad, but they can be used to manipulate people because they are open to suggestion.

>
> Or is it just that alpha is not the deepest level
> of meditation you can get, delta is where it's at?

l am not up with all the terms because it doesn't matter to me, but that seems right. Using the delta state often does seem to reduce the manipulation from the media, it's like a message that lacks credibility (nearly all) bounce back and won't stay in the mind, or at least, the messages get tagged as rubbish in the mind so it won't be used. That's how it seems to work in my experience, and it's good because it gives you back your power by reducing the effect of the dark forces entwined with technology.

> But for sure if a person is meditating, and gets
> stuck on alpha state then that would hinder
> progress...
Of course it would hinder progress. It's hard to meditate well in this world because human minds are full of distractions and rubbish. When you clear all that out it becomes much easier to reach a deep state quickly. Keeping a strong focus throughout the entire meditation can be hard to do (the mind can wonder easy if you aren't disciplined), that is the main battle.

jtprindl Wrote:
> Apologies for what I said, sproutarian, I am in
> the midst of a detox and have occasional mood
> swings. Nevertheless, still sorry.

No problem.

>
> What is your opinion on superfoods? I've been
> loading up on camu camu, purple corn extract, goji
> berry powder (and berries), maqui, mangosteen,
> maca, and chlorella.

Some superfoods are o.k, things like algaes, seaweeds and sprouteed chia seeds. I don't buy into many land superfoods because they wouldn't have the electromagetic vibrations still in the food (it's no longer electric) and it could be irradiated and full of anti-nutrients due to slack processing. I don't trust the superfoods except for the water based plant foods.

If the superfoods work for you, great. If they don't work, probably better to get rid of them.

l don't buy into fancy gingles and promises that superfoods brings. l would rather juice some weeds from the back garden. l won't electric foods, l don't want packaged land foods from acoross the other wide of the world, that goes against all logic and proper health food principles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 09:02PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 15, 2013 09:14PM

lisa m Wrote:
> hey sproutarian man, is it ok to eat the whole of
> chia sprouts - like, when I sprout them on a tray
> rather than soil, I've been just scraping them off
> and adding them to salads.

Yes, that is good.

I prefer to get good amounts, so l soak 6 tablespoons, sprout it on two trays and then blend it into a nice grey milk and drink it after seaweed. It makes a very satisfying meal, and knowing l have those omege 3's, zinc and calcium make me feel extra good. smiling smiley

Wondered if any
> anti-nutrients would still be hanging around..?

That is a very good question, and no science is available on this. Out of all sprouts, l feel that the sprouted seeds (sesame, sunflower, chia) are the safest and best because they are highly nutritious and would likely have many of the anti-nutrients broken down. With sprouted nuts, legumes and grains it is a different story, they require various bacterias and enzymes to break various anti-nutrients/rougue proteins and carbs down.

Sesame does heavily degrade anti-nutrients after 1 day of soaking, including tannins. I suppose sprouting for a day or two would do similar things. All seeds feel like optimal foods. l feel that eating sprouted chia, sesame and sunflower are ideal as they are - if in doubt, take a probiotic and digestive enzyme to break down any tannin, protese/amylase inhibitor, phytic acids. But definitely probiotics and digestive enzymes when eating nuts, legumes and grains. Some fermented food is also good.

la_veronique Wrote:
> hey sproutman
>
> how do i grow my own sea veggies
Couldn't tell you. Why not just buy them. It is one of the few foods l would buy from packets because l understand that sea vegetables still maintains it's electrical change for up to 2 years before it reduces.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 09:20PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: December 15, 2013 09:43PM

Sproutarian,

What is the best time of day to eat sea vegetables and what food combining rules should be applied? I've also noticed that you can buy quite a large amount of certain sea veggies for cheap (organic + lab tested for metals/radiation and all), is this another benefit to consuming a lot of them that you've noticed? I'd assume this is because most people are unaware of the benefits and/or also think it's weird/gross to eat them.

Also, in regards to what you said about superfood powders, most of mine are wildharvested and/or organic and from pristine areas of the world. There are a variety of studies that have been done on multiple superfoods that prove their miraculous benefits, but personally I've noticed that my vision improves after using camu camu powder.

Date: December 15, 2013 09:55PM

Also, at what age did you start eating sea veggies and becoming much more spiritual? I'm 21 and have aspirations of becoming a holistic nutritionist and certified raw food chef but I'm also very interested in spirituality and opening my third eye (which I believe has started to cleanse since going on a raw food diet). I plan on consuming plenty of nori, dulse, and E3Live +BrainON in the very near future as well buying my own cold-pressed juicer for many veggie/fruit juice combinations. I'll eat nuts and seeds (except homemade hemp milk) as snacks and stick to fruit, sea veggies/algae, salads and sprouts.

I know that my pineal gland used to be in very good shape but I think that started to fade around 11 or 12. I wish I had known about the importance of nutrition and spirituality all my life but I'm happy I have come to realize at still a young age. Many people get trapped in the matrix and stay there for their entire life.

Do you have any recommendations on where to get high-quality, organic seeds for growing my own sprouts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 09:58PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 16, 2013 02:27PM

Thanks Sproutarian Man. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer all the questions, it's really helpful!

Those sprouted chia would make a handy 'wrap' to eat with salad, they're all so nicely stuck together!

I usually soak my sesame seeds then blend them with some figs and add some kefir to ferment them into a kind of yoghurt-type thing. Lots of lovely calcium winking smiley

Date: December 16, 2013 09:43PM

lisa m Wrote:

>
> I usually soak my sesame seeds then blend them

I would soak for at least 24 hours to remove nearly all anti-nutrients like alfatoxins, tannins, various alkaloids, oxalic acid (very high), phytic acid etc.

This excellent study below shows who soaking sesame for various periods of time breaks down anti-nutrients, very interesting.

The effects of different treatments on the
phytochemicals, proximate, and mineral contents of
beniseeds (sesamum indicum linn)

Momoh, A.O *, Adebolu, T.T and Ogundare A.O

[garj.org]

It's important to check if those seeds aren't irradiated, heat treated or old, so always good to sprout them for a test.

Date: December 18, 2013 01:40PM

Thanks for sharing that link Sproutarian Man, very useful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables