Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

kidney insufficiency
Posted by: rab ()
Date: December 22, 2013 10:41PM

A friend of mine has a problem with kidney insufficiency. His creatinine level is 7-800 and he is maybe going to have to live with kidney dialysis. He is about 50 years old, has no other health issues, this came as a surprise. He has been on SAD diet but he is a vegetarian now. He does not tolerate protein that well, obviously, so his wife asked what kind of diet would be beneficial in this situation.
Any tips or advice are welcome, thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kidney insufficiency
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 22, 2013 11:03PM

Low-fat raw vegan diet (80% carbs/10% fat/10% protein). Fruit, veggies, green juices, sea vegetables, sprouts, algae, and a little bit of sprouted nuts/seeds. Try to make sure they're all organic. This is definitely a good place to start, but someone else may have more advanced advice when it comes to this.

Posted by: Ifeelgood ()
Date: December 23, 2013 05:54AM

I would watch his diet for propylene glycol which has been known to damage kidneys. Here's one study about that and there is a lot more info on the web too:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

I did a search for, herbal high creatin, and got some sites:

This one recommends cinnamon, nettel, and Chinese herbs:
[www.kidneyservicechina.com]
[www.kidneyservicechina.com]

This one has a few more herbs:
[www.kidneyfailureweb.com]
"Kidney failure patients experience high creatinine level as failed kidneys can not discharge excess creatinine level out of the blood timely. Under such a condition, the followings Chinese herbs can be used to reduce creatinine in blood:

1. Stinging nettle seed: Stinging nettle seed is reported to have function of lowering high creatinine level in a study published in the journal of The American Herbalist Guild which said kidney failure patients who were given this herb showed a significant decrease in their serum creatinine.

2. Ginseng: Ginseng stimulates the circulation to the kidneys, which is very helpful in treating kidney failure. In clinic, it is often used with cinnamon to lower creatinine level.

3. Salvia: Salvia is always used to lower high creatinine level by kidney failure patients who are on dialysis.

4. Dandelion root: Herb of dandelion root can be used as a diuretic. Normally, creatinine is discharged out of the body with urine, so by increasing kidney failure patients’ urine output, much more creatinine can be excreted and high creatinine level can be lowered effectively."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 06:01AM by Ifeelgood.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 23, 2013 06:58AM

Raw is good for people who need to eat low protein, as raw foods easily have less than 10% protein.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: December 24, 2013 06:31AM

I will translate everything to him - yes, at this point I think he is ready to do anything. He even said he is going to make a powerful colloidal silver machine as a lot of people say that immune system is the cause of the 95% kidney diseases - everything supposedly starts with an infection that body cannot defeat as it has been thoroughly poisoned with bad diet and lifestyle. He has already switched to vegetarian diet, I have already preached eating raw to him. He is in Eastern Europe, four seasons, but it can still be done (I did it while there).

Date: December 24, 2013 07:58AM

If he has the money, why not recommend he go to the world class Hippocrates Health Institute. They would educate him about raw foods properly, and it would be a life long gift.

www.thesproutarian.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables