Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Long Term Raw & Health-Appearance/Aging
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 01, 2014 07:09PM

SueZ,

How are we to learn the flaws of the low fat diet if you do not share your story.
Do you wish for us to be in the dark, floundering, getting ill by the moment?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 01, 2014 08:48PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SueZ,
>
> How are we to learn the flaws of the low fat diet
> if you do not share your story.
> Do you wish for us to be in the dark, floundering,
> getting ill by the moment?

Fresh, glycation is my shared story. Please watch the two youtubes I posted if you have a true interest. They are located just previous to your post on this thread. Major glycation is what happened to me while I was on the low fat high carb diet and I still have to restrict my fruit intake to just a few a day to keep my blood sugar within normal parameters. I aged ten years in one, my triglycerides soared, and my yearly blood workup which had always been good was terrible - which is good because otherwise I would have had no idea because that diet made me feel great and I probably would have continued. I am now working on getting better on the Conductivity Diet.

I talked to a local Dermatologist, (not as a Patient), and he told me the damage may be reversible with time and effort. This dermatologist has perfect skin and is vegetarian. When I told him about 811, which he was not familiar with, he said that it was too bad that so few people know how much damage that much sugar can do.

Date: January 01, 2014 09:22PM

feel free to private message me if you prefer and have the time to respond to this....

I would ask that you understand that people say a lot of things absent evidence, so i must ask the following, separate from the glycation videos.

>Major glycation is what happened to me while I was on the low fat high carb diet

list what you ate in your typical lfhc diet and anything else like salt.
and the evidence of the glycation is?

>and I still have to restrict my fruit intake to just a few a day to keep my blood sugar within normal parameters.

and your blood sugar during your low fat raw diet period was what?
of course a brief description of your age, past diet, ailments prior, time on raw.

> I aged ten years in one,

indicated by what? do you have photos?

> my triglycerides soared,

you no doubt have your trig numbers prior and after and time period?
dr fuhrman said the same thing and abandoned his raw diet, absent any symptoms.
are you aware that many people have high trig absent symptoms or other problems? and also that it can be a temp thing.

>and my yearly blood workup which had always been good was terrible

specifically what were the problem items prior to and after raw. and the time period of course. i mean if you tell me your zinc was X, I may interpret that differently than you and strangely, you said you felt great! how you feel has no bearing at all? do you feel even better now or worse, but with better numbers?

>perfect skin

did you lose weight? pictures? you are aware of course that what you think is aging 10 years may be different to other people?

>so few people know how much damage that much sugar can do.

it's very difficult for me to take seriously people who say "the damage sugar can do"

because

fruit is not sugar.
that's like saying, meat IS fat, or meat is protein
or lettuce IS whatever.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 01, 2014 09:31PM

SueZ, I watched the video and that guy is not very smart. He is talking about AGEs formed inside the body by sugar and the waste products of its metabolism, which are counteracted by antioxidants like vit C. But the Main source is directly from foods (specially high fats). The endoAGEs (produced as by products of metabolism) are counteracted by vitamin C, resveratrol, phytonutrients, etc. The exoAGEs are the bad ones and come from a diet high in FAT!! I cannot believe he even wrote a book, WTF?

[nutritionfacts.org]

see my related post here: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Try to eat antioxidants in every meal winking smiley

check on ketoacidosis. Kids that go under a high fat diet get kidney problems in hospitals. You could be like glucose intolerant and that could be the problem. Not eating glucose is not the solution to the problem. Thus, glucose is not a problem.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 09:44PM by Panchito.

Date: January 02, 2014 01:48AM

Panchito Wrote:
> You
> could be like glucose intolerant and that could be
> the problem. Not eating glucose is not the
> solution to the problem. Thus, glucose is not a
> problem.

Not following you, Panchito, and sorry to have wasted you time with the videos.

Date: January 02, 2014 02:21AM

Fresh, you pose good questions and I will go back over my chronometer and lab work to get back to you with that stuff. In the meantime I am an old sedentary lady who has had many health accidents and set backs over the years. I have been working at getting my health back, with every fiber of my being, for the past twenty four years. I have been vegetarian for most of my life and raw vegan for around two years.

I did loose weight on the lfhc diet but not enough to account for what happened to my skin quality and having "broken out" with "liver spots" all over, while on it.

Can't say that I'm totally over being unhappy with the lfhc gurus yet but I'm working at it. I'm sure they are more used to advising young very active people and are unfamiliar with the problems of what goes on later in life. Boy oh boy are they going to get the surprise when one day they wake up and look in the mirror and their face has fallen overnight. Ageing doesn't happen slowly and gracefully as the young whipper snappers probably think it does. It happens quickly. Lucky for them most of their followers will have moved on at that point and their only repercussions for preaching and relying so heavily on carbs will probably be seeing their own faces in their mirror. I suppose if they run like a caged mouse in a wheel continuously over the years they may stave some of the damage off but I should hope, by that time in their lives, they have taken up more cerebral pursuits and hobbies.

I hope that's enough info for you for now. It's 8:17 and my bedtime, lol.

Date: January 05, 2014 01:01AM

jtprindl Wrote:

> The fact of the matter is that a mostly
> sproutarian diet, with lots of grass/sprout juices
> and moderate amounts of sea vegetables, algae,
> ripe fruits and veggies, and sprouted seeds... is
> by far the healthiest diet. By far.

I agree, it is the best diet in this day and age for an average person. If it wasn't for that diet l highly doubt l would have been able to stay raw because all other raw vegan diets seem so skimpy and lacking.

powerlifter Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

>
> They are good sources of protein i agree, but how
> much sprouts or algaes would i need to eat to get
> around 80-90g of protein daily even if say other
> foods took care of half of my intake, thats alot
> of sprouts and algaes in the end.

Easy to build muscle on sprouts etc, you will get more than enough on such a diet. Green sprout juice, algaes, sea weeds and sprouted nut/seed paste are all you need. I juice the green juice, have the sprouts, algaes and seaweeds and l don't need to eat a lot.

The HHI magazine suggests that humans only need 50% of the RDA for plant protein because it is utilised much better than animal protein. I agree. I used to eat a lot of animal proteins once and never had muscle to speak of, now l eat very little and easily develop muscle. Personally l feel that a big green drink, some algae/seaweed and sprouted seeds is more than enough for protein and to build muscle.

But...many raw fooders eat skimpy diets imo, so they need to eat more calories to get some of the nutrients they need, but they still eat deficient diets and aren't thriving like they should.

powerlifter Wrote:

>
> What is interesting is that cooked vegans don't
> seem to display the level of problems that the raw
> vegans run into, the only reason for this i can
> assume is the higher levels of protein and other
> minerals such as zinc coming from including
> beans, legumes, grains etc. Hardly ideal foods to
> be basing your diet around however.

I think it is probably the anti-nutrients in the raw food which can dramatically lower bioavailability of various nutrients.

Date: January 05, 2014 01:35AM

fresh Wrote:

>
> here's what you claim to have done on raw vegan
>
> -"sprouts at home including wheatgrass. "
> -"sea veggies, algaes, fermented foods and
> superfoods/herbs. "
> among other fruits and veggies I assume
>
> Successful long term raw eaters who are healthy
> do not eat many items above.

What about Dr Brian Clement, Viktoras Kulvinskas, Ann Wigmore, Sproutman and various people who have done it for decades? All seemed to have done very well, and listen to Dr Clement's super powerful `sprout voice'....strong voice = strong person....the "sprout voice" booms and penetrates, and the "sprout/U/T voice" becomes even more powerful and melodic like that of the finest radio voice. I used to have a little weak voice, but now it is big, deep and strong.

>
> What you cannot understand is that those items ARE
> NOT positive additions to a long term healthy raw
> diet.
>
> do you know why?
>
> Because they DISPLACE proper, SIMPLE foods.
> FRUITS AND greens.
>
> because they cause DEHYDRATION.
>
> because they disturb DIGESTION.

I am surprised to read this. If the sprout diet is done properly for long enough the body will adjust and these problems will not occur.

The cronometer is only a basic tool and shouldn't be seen as gospel because it has many short comings so it only gives part of the story. If you read too much into it you might land yourself in trouble, but it is a good tool for basic information, but not so much for nutrients like minerals because it doesn't measure bioavailability of nutrients, and this is perhaps the major problem in the raw movement...we think about aggregate nutrition and not bioavailable nutrition, so we get this false sence of security. The cronometer also doesn't measure electrical frequancy of plants and many nutrient values are wayyy wrong.

And yes, l do think D.R posts here under disguise. He can't help himself lol. winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 01:49AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: January 05, 2014 03:49AM

I was referring to items in the diet described by suez that I have seen many people focus on and that are indicative of a person who is not focusing on the right things and contribute to failure to thrive.

I do not know whether those people you mentioned ate all of the items above in question, and would not necessarily consider them healthy and active types.

Posted by: jekaersitwla ()
Date: January 06, 2014 09:35AM

Beneficial in each possible way raw food is high on nutrient content and also being raw in nature it has good bacteria which increases your metabolism rate so there are more positives than negatives while having raw vegan diet.
Manuka honey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 09:36AM by jekaersitwla.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables