Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thoughts on wheatgrass powder...
Posted by: Numenor ()
Date: January 03, 2014 07:46PM

Or any grass powders for that matter... do you use them? are they a good substitute for fresh supplies or do they lose nutrients due to processing etc..? Wouldnt the powder easily become oxidised?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts on wheatgrass powder...
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 03, 2014 08:21PM

I do not use them but they must be better than nothing.
It depends on how it was manufactured, freeze dried or not.

Re: Thoughts on wheatgrass powder...
Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: January 05, 2014 02:16PM

Having used both fresh wheatgrass and organic raw wheatgrass powder for a number of years now, i still don't notice a great deal of difference.

Im still inclined to say that fresh is always best if you can, but wheatgrass, barleygrass powders/capsules can be a convient way to boost nutrient intake if your not into growing your own. Id rather take dried vegetables, wheatgrass, kelp, which are natural wholefood sources of nutrients over synthetic vitamins.

Wheatgrass can be quite annoying to grow if you don't have the right conditions, because it seems to be prone to often becoming moldy. Sometimes i find fresh wheatgrass can leave me feeling a little nauseous, but i don't seem to get that with the powder.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 02:19PM by powerlifter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables