Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Alkaline pH is Essential for your Health
Posted by: Naza ()
Date: January 15, 2014 02:38AM

I have read these article about alkaline and I just want to share it to let everyone be aware of the effects on our health because some us are still new to raw food diet and I hope this serves as an eye opener for every body.

"The human body is naturally intented to be mostly alkaline. Your blood, for example, must stay between 7.35 and 7.45 pH or you could get seriously ill, or even die! This is so important that your body has an alkaline buffering system to make sure your blood stays in that range. But even within that range there is a huge difference in health factors. Most importantly, with a 1/10th difference in higher, more alkaline pH your blood can carry as much as 300% more oxygen! Imagine the additional energy and endurance you would have if your blood was always as that optimum level!

Yet, the sad truth is that virtually everything in modern civilization and lifestyle is conspiring against you to make your body more acidic, or less alkaline! Environmental toxins are acid forming. Toxins in the water supply are acid forming. Most bottled waters are below optimal pH levels, some even slightly acidic. And the toxins created by cooking and processing what you eat are acid forming!

Some raw foodists are confused by this and doctors use this confusion to discredit raw food in general! Actual diet induced "acidosis" can be a life-threatening condition and is rather rare. The more subtle lowering of blood pH towards the lower end of the normal range isn't called acidosis at all, but is called "acidemia." Though that isn't ideal for health your body can handle it. In my opinion, the thing that is really destroying our health is much more subtle - the slight change of our biochemistry at the cellular level from an excess of acidic toxins, making normal cellular respiration impossible.

This phenomena is subtle and hard for medical doctors to quantify let alone diagnose, but modern science is proving the truth of it more and more. Here are just a few references on the relationship to acid-forming toxins and the diseases of civilization we now take for granted!

Research has shown that the effects of acidosis can directly contribute to cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, depression, Crohn’s disease, kidney disease and much more."

Source: [www.rawfoodlife.com]

Get Fit from Within
Nazafit Online Fitness and Nutrition - CHEK Holistic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach, Master personal trainer, IPAC Physique conditioning coach and whole live food nutrition expert

[www.nazafit.com.au]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alkaline pH is Essential for your Health
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 15, 2014 09:18AM

i don't think we have to worry about this
i mean... the avg Raw foodie eats a LOT of alkaline foods
like greens ( hopefully)
so acidosis is kind of a strange thing to attain ( imo)

Posted by: Naza ()
Date: January 17, 2014 01:02AM

yeah but my intention of sharing this information was not just for us, but I hope for others as well who are planning to start a Raw food diet. winking smiley

Get Fit from Within
Nazafit Online Fitness and Nutrition - CHEK Holistic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach, Master personal trainer, IPAC Physique conditioning coach and whole live food nutrition expert

[www.nazafit.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 01:04AM by Naza.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 17, 2014 02:32AM

naza

<<yeah but my intention of sharing this information was not just for us, but I hope for others as well who are planning to start a Raw food diet. winking smiley>>

good point
you're right
most people who start out
may not be aware of pH matters
there is a lot to be aware of

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables