Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Brian Clement speaks on Candida
Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: March 26, 2014 03:41PM

Well, boy oh boy, that second person was great. I’m going to bring them out on a lecture tour with me because they almost verbatim gave the answer. I don’t have to repeat that, but what I can say is that I’ve never worked with a person who’s willing to do what it takes that doesn’t reverse even the most advanced forms of Candida. The most advanced forms of Candida, people are sitting in bed drooling. They’re looking as if they psychological disorders or they had a stroke or something. We work with those cases. It does take on the outreach for the majority of people about 2 years and there are some forms of cancer, as mentioned, that literally go away quicker than Candida does because this is pervasive.
What Candida really is is a naturally occurring fungi that’s everywhere on planet earth. Of course if you’re an arid, dry desert climate, you have less than you would in a tropical climate like I live in, in Florida, or other places in the world. The fact of the matter is up until maybe two generations ago, this was never a problem because everyone’s immune system was fighting this. It was only around that time we started do insane things like the pesticides, fungicides, herbicides on our food and create electronics that we have stuck to our brains all day long and televisions and in front of computer screens and driving 80 miles an hour and eating garbage food, even if it’s health food, and wearing polyester clothes. We’ve disturbed and destroyed and weakened inherently and almost across the board our immune systems. Even though it’s about to 100 percent effective in health and doing what we do, our immune systems are probably a half of what the average person would have been 100 years ago because of the planet that we live on.
Now what we’ve got to understand is that this has to be a very, very strict lifestyle. You can’t look at any sugars. That includes fruit, fruit juices, carrot, and carrot beet juices. None of that can be part of your diet because that’s like putting gasoline on a flame. Number two, you’ve got to make sure that you’re taking the kind of supplementation that literally helps to erode it. Now the common ones out there really do work but they’re maybe not as strong or as effective as some of the more targeted ones. Things like non--hexanol grapefruit seed extract does work. Things like oregano oil does work. But on the other hand, we have targeted Candida from Chinese herbology that really has been spectacular for the advanced cases of this.
So don’t give up; get on board. If you live the Hippocrates lifestyle diligently and keep your head together, you will remove even the most egregious forms of Candida.
-----

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brian Clement speaks on Candida
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 30, 2014 03:31AM

Date: April 02, 2014 08:17AM

Brian Clement says that 7/8 diagnosis of candida are incorrectly made. He says that fruit must be eliminated altogeather if a person wished to overcome a candida condition.

[www.youtube.com]

More info on foods to avoid with candida:
[www.thecandidadiet.com]

I think that anyone claiming to heal candida on fruit diets was possibly wrongly diagnosed as Dr Brian said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 08:19AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 02, 2014 02:57PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brian Clement says that 7/8 diagnosis of candida
> are incorrectly made. He says that fruit must be
> eliminated altogeather if a person wished to
> overcome a candida condition.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
>
> More info on foods to avoid with candida:
> [www.thecandidadiet.com]
>
> I think that anyone claiming to heal candida on
> fruit diets was possibly wrongly diagnosed as Dr
> Brian said.

Candida was one of the concerns in the back of my mind I had about going on a high fruit raw diet. I had suffered from candida after an illness that I had had 25 years earlier and it took me years to overcome the subsequent candida problem. I sure didn't want to go through that nightmare again.

While I am no proponent of the mostly fruit raw vegan diet I did it for 11 months with absolutely no sign of candida problems at all. This was a revelation to me as I had always accused the candida on carbs in the past and I certainly was taking in far more carbs than I ever did on a mostly fruit diet.

I can clearly see, and understand, now that that problem had been due to all the antibiotics I had been fed at that time I had been ill and that the sugars had just continued feeding the bad bacteria which had entered my system after the good bacteria had probably almost been entirely killed off the good.

I had been wrong all along! And now I can clearly see that Brian Clement is wrong, and totally off base on the subject still. He is surely still living in the old school alternative medicine information dogma on candida I had wrongly bought into in the 80's!

Date: April 05, 2014 09:14PM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Brian Clement says that 7/8 diagnosis of
> candida
> > are incorrectly made. He says that fruit must
> be
> > eliminated altogeather if a person wished to
> > overcome a candida condition.
> >
> > [www.youtube.com]
> >
> >
> > More info on foods to avoid with candida:
> > [www.thecandidadiet.com]
> >
> > I think that anyone claiming to heal candida on
> > fruit diets was possibly wrongly diagnosed as
> Dr
> > Brian said.
>
> Candida was one of the concerns in the back of
> my mind I had about going on a high fruit raw
> diet. I had suffered from candida after an illness
> that I had had 25 years earlier and it took me
> years to overcome the subsequent candida problem.
> I sure didn't want to go through that nightmare
> again.
>
> While I am no proponent of the mostly fruit raw
> vegan diet I did it for 11 months with absolutely
> no sign of candida problems at all. This was a
> revelation to me as I had always accused the
> candida on carbs in the past and I certainly was
> taking in far more carbs than I ever did on a
> mostly fruit diet.
>
> I can clearly see, and understand, now that
> that problem had been due to all the antibiotics I
> had been fed at that time I had been ill and that
> the sugars had just continued feeding the bad
> bacteria which had entered my system after the
> good bacteria had probably almost been entirely
> killed off the good.
>
> I had been wrong all along! And now I can
> clearly see that Brian Clement is wrong, and
> totally off base on the subject still. He is
> surely still living in the old school alternative
> medicine information dogma on candida I had
> wrongly bought into in the 80's!

WHAT? LOL, You said you had Candida, then you said that you didn't believe that you had it at all? I'm a little confused, probably as confused as you will be after reading what I have written here lol. It's not that simple there are a tremendous amount of variables to consider. Just because you don't show or have typical symptoms of yeast doesn't mean you don't still have or had it. Just eating a high fruit diet can have a positive effect because you are probably limiting fat to some extent and therefore helping your digestine. Perhaps a person is also just not eating so much garbage when going to a high fruit diet, ya know. A person can have too much yeast in their gut if there system is weak and have some bloating from this but the real trouble comes when the gut lining starts to leak into the blood. Then you can have all kinds of bacteria, food etc. seeping into your blood in very small amounts. It really all depends on who you are and what condition your body is in. I do disagree with Brian saying you cannot get better eating fruit but it is probably true more than it is not. You see the people that have it have probably been weak for a long time and perhaps their genetics have something to do with it also. Brian is not going to spend hours telling you this, it's just common sense to me but maybe not all. I have been through a lot with yeast so I know lol.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: April 05, 2014 09:30PM

You see, Superjuice, and I wish it wasn't the case, but SueZ, to put it simply, doesn't really know what she speaks. Her style is insult, ad-hominem, flee. She has helped people out in regards to finding things on the internet and using certain tools, but when it comes to health and nutrition info, it's best to just laugh and keep scrolling. She's incapable of having an intelligent, logical discussion where she provides evidence and backs up her claims, so she simply hurls out insults and makes snide comments like she knows what she's talking about or how she can't help you understand, and then books it. A combination of insecurity, and ignorance. Just a heads up smiling smiley

Date: April 05, 2014 10:22PM

Superjuice Wrote:
> WHAT? LOL, You said you had Candida,

Yes I was diagnosed and treated for Candida, (by a world famous MD - not self diagnosed,decades ago and it took several years to clear up.

then you said
> that you didn't believe that you had it at all?

I said that I feared that a high carb diet may cause a candida problem but went on the diet anyway and that it did not cause a Candida problem.

I hope you can understand what I was saying now. There was over 20 years between when I had the Candida problem cleared up and when I went on a high carb diet which I guess I didn't make clear enough for you to understand. I hope that clears up your confusion.

I had been on a very clean diet for decades before I went raw. I am not a newbie know nothing and, as I said, I have good doctors and get a complete physical every year to keep track of things - just to say I'm not a puffed up 21 year old who's always pulling answers out of his ass or that regurgitates what he has swallowed whole on faith from his gurus like jtprindl does. I have three decades of experiences in the alternative health areas and live experimentally.

And you say this... "Just eating a high fruit diet can have a positive effect because you are probably limiting fat to some extent and therefore helping your digestine."

FYI - I have been on a high fat raw diet for almost a year now and my digestion is better than it ever has been. I am running very clean. Not only that but it has corrected the pre-diabetic condition I got when I was 11 months into the hclf diet. It has taken a while but my FBS, which I test every day, continues to be great on my high fat low carb diet, too. I have not gained weight and my stomach is flat.

Date: April 05, 2014 11:00PM

"I have three decades of experiences in the alternative health areas and live experimentally."

Yet you just, one year ago, found a diet suitable for yourself (in around 50 years). Yes, talk about "experience" and then insult the likes of Brian Clement who has far more experience than you... makes sense.

"pulling answers out of his ass or that regurgitates what he has swallowed whole on faith from his gurus like jtprindl does"

It's called research, you should give it a try sometime. If scientific/anecdotal evidence is pulling answers out of nowhere, then you are correct, I pull answers out of nowhere.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 05, 2014 11:04PM

ha ha ha. The perfect Saturday pasttime winking smiley love it

Date: April 05, 2014 11:40PM

Panchito Wrote:
> ha ha ha. The perfect Saturday pasttime winking smiley love it

For more ha ha ha's go to Tsm's site where prindl asks the poor guy an endless relentless and thankless list of the most basic sprouting questions imaginable like a ADHD child pulling on his parent's sleeve day and night would. Now and then he'll ask again if his third eye is open yet - well is it, well is it. To him that and the health ranger is research.

Date: April 05, 2014 11:46PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Panchito Wrote:
> -----
> > ha ha ha. The perfect Saturday pasttime winking smiley love
> it
>
>
> For more ha ha ha's go to Tsm's site where prindl
> asks the poor guy an endless relentless and
> thankless list of the most basic sprouting
> questions imaginable like a ADHD child pulling on
> his parent's sleeve day and night would. Now and
> then he'll ask again if his third eye is open yet
> - well is it, well is it. To him that and the
> health ranger is research.

More insults and ad-hominem's, right on cue! Well, not really insults cause for them to be insults, one would actually have to feel offended smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 11:47PM by jtprindl.

Date: April 06, 2014 07:24PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Superjuice Wrote:
> -----
> > WHAT? LOL, You said you had Candida,
>
> Yes I was diagnosed and treated for Candida,
> (by a world famous MD - not self diagnosed,decades
> ago and it took several years to clear up.
>
> then you said
> > that you didn't believe that you had it at all?
>
> I said that I feared that a high carb diet may
> cause a candida problem but went on the diet
> anyway and that it did not cause a Candida
> problem.
>
>
> I hope you can understand what I was saying
> now. There was over 20 years between when I had
> the Candida problem cleared up and when I went on
> a high carb diet which I guess I didn't make clear
> enough for you to understand. I hope that clears
> up your confusion.
>
> I had been on a very clean diet for decades
> before I went raw. I am not a newbie know nothing
> and, as I said, I have good doctors and get a
> complete physical every year to keep track of
> things - just to say I'm not a puffed up 21 year
> old who's always pulling answers out of his ass or
> that regurgitates what he has swallowed whole on
> faith from his gurus like jtprindl does. I have
> three decades of experiences in the alternative
> health areas and live experimentally.
>
> And you say this... "Just eating a high fruit
> diet can have a positive effect because you are
> probably limiting fat to some extent and therefore
> helping your digestine."
>
>
> FYI - I have been on a high fat raw diet for
> almost a year now and my digestion is better than
> it ever has been. I am running very clean. Not
> only that but it has corrected the pre-diabetic
> condition I got when I was 11 months into the hclf
> diet. It has taken a while but my FBS, which I
> test every day, continues to be great on my high
> fat low carb diet, too. I have not gained weight
> and my stomach is flat.

Glad you are feeling better. I do believe in high fat for those who can digest it. Of course a low fat diet diet can be more healthy for some and those that are already sick. I feel that if your body is functioning at it's peak level then a person probably doesn't need the higher fat in their diet.

You stated you did not have yeast after 20yrs. so you must have strengthened your body. Brian never said that people could not eat fruit, he said to stop if you already had a yeast problem. He also said that many people are misdiagnosed which is probably true but did not say that YOUR doctor did that? In fact if your doctor did diagnose you with Candidiasis he was surely right as they only rely on blood work to do so. At the point that a person is diagnosed via. blood they have a big issue.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 06, 2014 08:24PM

Every now and then I meet people who have nail fungus or weird rashes on their backs. More when I was cooked. But in general, I see it in public too. Its not a bruise, its fungus growing under the nails and black. That is candida for sure. The people usually have addictions to red wine and processed cooked sweets.

I have had my run ins with candida as cooked food eater years and years ago. I was really sick folks and I thought it was normal to get 12 antibiotic prescriptions in one year and the occasional round circle rashes on myself ( ringworm- not a worm, a fungus). And chronic vaginitis. Oh god, now everyone knows. Let's hope it helps someone. I was googling online cures and thats how I found out about raw foods. I was desperate. Some days I couldn't pee without bleeding too, it was a whole body sickness, for a few years. Everything. I didn't know right from wrong. I would go to bars and drink white russians and it would alkalize me, I felt better. I am not saying this so people use it against me. Just sharing, that I did in fact have candida and I know what it is.

But I cured myself in two weeks with raw food diet, even with fruits. Just saying. I did. I have not been sick like that since March 2003. Or at all with fungus. I cured so much too. EMotionally, physically.

When I did go on antibiotics for some plastic surgery, I did find myself attracted to making sauerkrauts with cabbage apples..like I was drawn.

Anti biotics really screw up your system, doctors tell you to take for 2 weeks. I say a few days. I tell my mother that too, after symptoms go away, she saves the rest, and she just stocks up on the antibiotic for real emergencies.

I know you guys are arguing about fruits being bad. But in my case..all I did was go raw to be healed. I had it bad folks. Those darkest days of my life. Who knew, that diet, nature's diet..will heal all wounds.

Peace and love.

Date: April 06, 2014 10:13PM

Superjuice Wrote:

> Brian never
> said that people could not eat fruit, he said to
> stop if you already had a yeast problem.

That makes good sense.

He also
> said that many people are misdiagnosed which is
> probably true but did not say that YOUR doctor did
> that? In fact if your doctor did diagnose you
> with Candidiasis he was surely right as they only
> rely on blood work to do so. At the point that a
> person is diagnosed via. blood they have a big
> issue.

Yes, I was extremely ill and in grave trouble at that time which I've talked about a lot in other threads. The Candida problem, though, stemmed from the huge amount of strong antibiotics I was given to "cure" a related problem that was happening at that time - a really bad parotid salivary gland infection.

One interesting thing I'd like to mention about that is that ever since that salivary gland infection I have had to help my parotids empty by massaging them when they get backed up and swell from not emptying properly. I was told that there is always the likelihood of more infections and that a good number of people end up having to have them taken out. I am very careful to do everything I can not to let that happen to me. But, on the plus side, because they were rendered defective by infection they serve as an early warning system for me now. If they are not functioning properly I change my diet immediately and then try to figure out what set specifically set them off, etc.

Here's the thing, though, since I have added the seaweeds to my diet everyday my parotid salivary glands have been running perfectly! I hadn't really noticed a problem, other than the times when they had backed up, so it's been a wonderful surprise to never have a dry mouth anymore and to have plenty of saliva to digest my foods these days without them having to be manually drained. I really feel the seaweeds and the high salt intake has done a world of good for my digestive system.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 06, 2014 10:41PM

evolution of iodine and the salivary glands:

[curezone.com]

"Sebastiano Venturi and *Mattia Venturi

Iodine (I) is the richest in electrons of the required elements in the animal diet, and as Iodide (I-) enters into the cells. Inorganic iodide is necessary for all living animal cells, but only the vertebrates have the thyroid gland and its iodinated hormones. In humans, the total amount of iodine is about 25-50 mg. About 50-70 % of total iodine is non-hormonal and it is concentrated in extra-thyroidal tissues, where its biological role is still unknown. In 1985, Venturi has hypothesized that iodide might have an ancestral antioxidant function in all I-concentrating cells from primitive marine algae to more recent terrestrial vertebrates [1-5 ]. In these cells iodide acts as an electron donor in the presence of H2O2 and peroxidases. The remaining iodine atom readily iodinates tyrosine, histidine or certain specific lipids, and so, neutralizes its own oxidant power.

IODINE, THYROXINE and EVOLUTION

When some primitive marine vertebrates started to emerge from the I-rich sea and transferred to I-deficient fresh water of estuaries and rivers and finally land, their diet became I-deficient and also harboured vegetable I-competitors such as nitrates, nitrites, thiocyanates, fluorides and some glycosides. About 400-500 million years ago (M/y/a), primitive Chordates started to use a new efficient follicular organ: the thyroid, as reservoir of iodine. During progressive slow adaptation to terrestrial life, the ancient chordates started to use the primitive, but not antagonized, T4 in order to transport antioxidant iodide into the peripherical cells. The remaining triiodothyronine (T3), the real active hormone, became active in the metamorphosis and thermogenesis for a better adaptation of the organisms to new terrestrial environment (fresh-water, atmosphere, gravity, temperature and diet). The new hormonal action of T3 was made possible by the formation of T3-receptors in the cells of vertebrates. Firstly, about 600-500 million years ago, in primitive Chordata appeared T3-receptors with a metamorphosing action and then, about 250-150 million years ago, in the birds and mammals appeared other T3-receptors with metabolic and thermogenetic actions. In waters the iodine concentration decreases step by step from sea-water to estuary (about 5 mg / L) and source of rivers (less than 0.2 mg / L in some Triassic mountain regions of northern Italy), and in parallel, salt-water fishes (herring) contain about 500-800 mg of iodine per kg compared to fresh-water trout about 20 mg per kg (4, 5). So, in terrestrial I-deficient fresh waters some trout and other salmonids (anadromous migra­tory fishes) may suffer thyroid hypertrophy or related metabolic disorders (4), as do some sharks in captivity. Youson and Sower (6, 7) reported that iodide-concentrating ability of the endostyle of sea lamprey was a critical factor in the evolution of metamorphosis and that the endostyle was replaced by a follicular thyroid, since post-metamorphic animals needed to store iodine following their invasion of freshwater. According to Manzon and Youson (8) in some anadromous migratory fishes (sea lamprey and salmonids), iodine and TH play a role in initiation of metamorphosis, which is induced by the decline in serum of TH. After metamorphosis, when these adult marine fishes die in fresh-water after reproducing, they release their iodides and selenium, and n-3 fatty acids (3), in the environment, where they have a favorable role in food for life and health of native animals, bringing back upstream from the sea to I-deficient areas these essential trace-elements (3, 4).

IODINE and SALIVARY GANDS

About 350 M/y/a the dry diet of terrestrial environment stimulated, firstly in anuran amphibians and after in reptiles [9] the primitive tongue and the formation, from I-concentrating ectodermic and endodermic cells of oral mucosa, of the primitive salivary glands, which maintain I-concentrating ability, and are able to solubilizating food substances. In anuran amphibian metamorphosis iodides and thyroxine are the most important factor inducing the spectacular apoptosis of cells of tail, gills, fins and gut. In fact, some important functions of saliva are: cleansing of the oral cavity, solubilization of food substances, bolus formation, facilitation of mastication and swallowing, food and bacterial clearance, dilution of detritus and lubrication of mucosa. Sodium iodide symporter (NIS) is the proteic transmembrane transporter of iodide into the cells (10). Salivary glands and gastric “iodide-pump” and NIS, are more primitive than the thyroidal ones, so have lower affinity for iodide and does not respond to more phylogenetically recent TSH (Thyrotropin). In pregnant mouse, the fetal oral and gastric mucosa shows iodine-concentrating ability earlier than fetal thyroid [11]. Gastro-salivary clearance and secretions of iodides are an important part of “gastro-intestinal cycle of iodides”, which constitutes about 23 % of iodides pool in the human body, that is important for the overall iodide economy [12]. Mammalians, as cows in their abomasum, have an efficient iodine recycling system via the oral-salivary and gastro-intestinal tract, which conserves iodine and can protect them against low dietary iodine [13-16]. The entero-thyroidal circulation of iodides seems mediated principally by salivary and gastric NIS. In the mammals and humans, dietary iodine is, by NIS, rapidly adsorbed as iodide (I-) from the small intestine. Several mammalian extrathyroidal non-follicular organs share the same gene expression of NIS and particularly salivary glands, stomach mucosa and lactating mammary gland [11, 17]. Thymus, epidermis, choroid plexus and articular, arterial and skeletal systems [11, 18] have I-concentrating ability too. The fact that 131-radioiodine is also detectable in radioautographies of oral mucosa and epidermal fur of rats after 14 days, strongly suggests formation of unknown structural iodocompounds and iodoproteins in some I-concentrating cells [17,18]. Salivary glands and saliva have highest and rapid I-concentrating capacity in the body, via an efficent NIS. According to Banerjee [19, 20] and De SK [21] the salivary glands and gastric mucosa has high ability to concentrate iodides and to form iodocompounds by peroxidases. The fact that mucous cells of some metastases from salivary glands and gastric cancers show I-concentrating ability might be interesting for a possible radiometabolic therapy [22]. The thyroidal and extrathyroidal I-concentration and NIS are inhibited by nitrates, nitrites, fluorides, thiocyanate, some glycosides, salt and also, paradoxically, by an excessive quantity of iodine. Excess of iodides impairs the iodide pump ( and NIS) and the cellular trophism of iodide-concentrating tissues, resulting in functional damage including the well-known Wolff-Chaikoff effect, which occurs in the thyroid even with a dosage just in excess of 2 mg, as well as degenerative and necrotic lesions in the iodide-concentrating tissues (thyroid, salivary gland and gastric mucosa). Inorganic iodine regulates the production of epidermal growth factor (EGF) in isolated thyroid cells, and controls DNA synthesis and cell proliferation [23]; this action might also occur in gastric mucosa and in salivary glands. EGF is a low-molecular-weight polypeptide first purified from the mouse submandibular gland, but since then found in many human tissues including submandibular gland, parotid gland. Salivary EGF plays an important physiological role in the maintenance of oro-esophageal and gastric tissue integrity. The biological effects of salivary EGF, and also esophageal derived EGF, include healing of ulcers, inhibition of gastric acid secretion, stimulation of DNA synthesis as well as mucosal protection from intraluminal injurious factors such as gastric acid, bile acids, pepsin, and trypsin and to physical, chemical and bacterial agents. The multiple functions of saliva relate both to its fluid characteristics and specific components. Banerjee reported iodination “in-vitro” of salivary and gastric proteins by peroxidase enzymes, and reported that salivary gland is one of the richest sources of peroxidases, which are similar to the lactoperoxidases [19, 20]. De SK et al. [21] investigated the role of peroxidase-catalyzed formation of iodotyrosines in submaxillary glands and stomach. Abbey et al. [ 24] reported that women incurred a fourfold-to-fivefold increased risk of a second primary Breast Cancer subsequent to the first primary salivary gland tumor. In October 7, 1999, the U.S.A. Committee of the House and Senate regarding "Marine Research" reported that " The Committee notes the unusually low incidence of cancer in marine sharks, skates, and rays and encourages basic research …that have the potential to inhibit disease processes in humans." The role of iodine in fishes has not been completely understood, but it has been demonstrated that iodine-deficient fresh-water fishes suffer of higher incidence of infective, parasitic, neoplastic, and atherosclerotic diseases than marine fishes [5].

IODINE , ORAL and DENTAL PATHOLOGY

In our I-deficient district of Montefeltro [1], before iodine-prophylaxis, comparison of decayed missing and filled teeth (DMFT index) in 12-year old children in 1980-1985, was 5.2, with a caries component of 89 % (Venturi, unpublished data) compared with the mean Italian values of 3.0 (in1985) and of the I-sufficient Finland of 1.2 (in 1991). Littleton and Frohlich [25] reported that twelve skeletal samples,from the Arabian Gulf have been used to trace differences in diet and subsistence patterns through an analysis of dental pathology. The skeletons date from 3,000 BC to AD 1,500 and cover a variety of geographical locations: off-shore islands, Eastern Arabia, and Oman. The dental conditions analyzed are attrition, caries, and ante-mortem tooth loss (AMTL). Results indicate four basic patterns of dental disease which, while not mutually exclusive, correspond to four basic subsistence patterns. Marine dependency (rich in iodine) in population, is indicated by severe attrition, low caries rates, and a lack of AMTL. The second group of dental diseases-moderate attrition, low rates of caries, and low-moderate rates of AMTL affects populations subsisting on a mixture of pastoralism or fishing and agriculture. Mixed farming populations experienced low-moderate attrition, high rates of caries and abscessing due to caries, and severe AMTL. The final group of dental diseases affects inland populations practicing intensive gardening. These groups experienced slight attrition, high rates of caries, and severe AMTL. Sealy et al. [26] reported that incidences of dental caries are presented for three groups of prehistoric human skeletons from different regions of the Cape Province, South Africa. The isotopic analyses of bone collagen demonstrate the importance of (I-rich) marine foods in the diet and vary through time. The incidence of dental caries ranges from 0% among heavily marine-dependent individuals from the south-western Cape coast, to 17.7% among skeletons from an archaeological site on the south coast. The authors reported that the extremely high incidence of caries in population may be related to lack of fluoride in the water. Also overall cancer incidence in I-rich marine fishes is lower than in fresh-water fishes. Elvery et al. [27] in an anthropological investigation of the Ngaraangbal Aboriginal Tribe's, a hunter-gatherer population, at Broadbeach, Australia, the caries prevalence (0.8%) was very low. These results support the proposal that the Ngaraangbal tribe with a diet that included marine foods. In fact, it is rare to find oral diseases, as well as malignant tumors, in I-rich marine fishes.
Many researchers (28-31) and Wharton [32] reported that immunodeficiency and malnutrition in adolescence and iodine deficiency and dental caries are associated. In 1939, Hardgrove [33] reported that “in his community (Fond du Lac, Wis, USA), since the beginning of administration of iodine to prevent goitre, children have less caries. Iodine seems to increase resistance to caries, retarding the process and reducing its incidence.” Recently Abnet et al. showed a statistical correlation between I-deficient goitre and gastric cancer (34) and between gastric cancer and tooth loss in a Chinese cohort of the Linxian General Population Nutrition Intervention Trial ( 35, 36).

In conclusion, we believe that the antioxidant, apoptosis-inductor and presumed antitumour activities of iodide might be useful in oral health and in prevention of some extra-thyroidal and salivary gland cancers.
"

Date: April 07, 2014 06:48PM

SueZ, remember as I have stated many times-Just because you don't show symtoms does not mean that you don't have yeast, and it is ready to pounce as soon as you get off tract just a little. IMO there is no test for yeast if you are not experiencing really big symptoms. Like I always say infections vary and some people live with low grade infections their whole life and don't even know it. My feelings are, as Brian has stated-it takes years for most people to become strong enough to eat a normal diet(even a raw vegan diet WITH FRUIT)before they can go back to having fruit on a daily basis, for some it will take much less time. Some people are born with, or are predisposed to have yeast. These people have weak digestion or as said, they are born with it and the AMA just don't acknowledge it as a low grade infection. If you are curious if you do still have some yeast issues you could have a stool sample done or even better in my opinion a LIVE BLOOD ANALYSIS. Or still even better have both done.

Date: April 07, 2014 07:19PM

Superjuice Wrote:
or even better in my opinion a LIVE
> BLOOD ANALYSIS.

Ha ha ha. Right. Live blood analysis. Even Gabriel Cousens fell for that one - which makes me wonder about him, quite frankly.

Superjuice, we are going to have to agree to disagree. And as I have said over and over I am no fan of the hclf diet at all but I've got to call BS on the fruit causing Candida overgrowth. Defending the truth is the most important thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables