Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vegetarian Quotes…
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 29, 2014 01:37PM

“Vegetarianism serves as the criterion by which we know that the pursuit of moral perfection on the part of humanity is genuine and sincere.” -Count Leo Tolstoy

“It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living by its purely physical effect on the human temperament would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind.” -Albert Einstein

“Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” -Albert Einstein

“If modern civilized man had to kill the animals he eats, the number of vegetarians would rise astronomically.” Christian Morgenstern

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals.” -Henry David Thoreau

“The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.” -Leonardo Da Vinci

"People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic, we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since this has also been done since the earliest of times." -Isaac Singer

"While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?" -George Bernard Shaw

“A man of my spiritual intensity does not eat corpses.” -George Bernard Shaw

“Animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends.” -George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

“We don't eat anything that has to be killed for us.” -Paul McCartney

“We manage to swallow flesh only because we do not think of the cruel and sinful thing we do.” -Rabindranath Tagore

“My refusing to eat flesh occasioned an inconvenience, and I was frequently chided for my singularity, but with this lighter repast, I made the greater progress, from greater clearness of head and quicker comprehension.” -Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

“I believe that every man who has ever been earnest to preserve his higher or poetic facilities in the best condition has been particularly inclined to abstain from animal food.” -Henry David Thoreau

“A vegetarian diet is the diet most compatible with the health of the body, mind, and spirit, as well as the health of the planet.” -Gabriel Cousens, M.D. “Sevenfold Peace” p. 3

“The person who is ignorant enough to believe that his nourishment depends on meat is in a horrible dilemma.” -George Bernard Shaw

"Man has an infinite capacity to rationalize his rapacity, especially when it comes to something he wants to eat." -Cleveland Amory

“Custom will reconcile people to any atrocity.” -George Bernard Shaw

"If we believe in absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

“Isn't man an amazing animal? He kills wildlife - birds, kangaroos, deer, all kinds of cats, coyotes, beavers, groundhogs, mice, foxes, and dingoes - by the millions in order to protect his domestic animals and their feed. Then he kills domestic animals by the billions and eats them. This in turn kills man by the millions, because eating all those animals leads to degenerative - and fatal - health conditions like heart disease, kidney disease, and cancer. So then man tortures and kills millions more animals to look for cures for these diseases. Elsewhere, millions of other human beings are being killed by hunger and malnutrition because food that they could eat is being used to fatten domestic animals. Meanwhile, some people are dying of sad laughter at the absurdity of man, who kills so easily and so violently, and once a year sends out a card praying for 'Peace on Earth'." - Preface to “Old MacDonald's (Factory) Farm” by David C. Coats

"The thinking man must oppose all cruel customs no matter how deeply rooted in tradition and surrounded by a halo. When we have a choice, we must avoid bringing torment and injury into the life of another, even the lowliest creature; to do so is to renounce our manhood and shoulder a guilt which nothing justifies." -Albert Schweitzer

“The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men.” -Alice Walker

“Since visiting the abattoirs of Southern France I have stopped eating meat.” -Vincent Van Gogh

“He is a heavy eater of beef. Me thinks it doth harm to his wit.” -William Shakespeare from Twelfth Night

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vegetarian Quotes…
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 29, 2014 01:48PM

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 29, 2014 03:58PM

Never eat anything with a face.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 30, 2014 04:51AM

Thank you John Rose, fresh, and EZ! Here are some Gandhi quotes:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

"The correct way for people to spread vegetarianism is to reason out its beauties, which should be exhibited in their lives."

"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being. I should be unwilling to take the life of a lamb for the sake of the human body."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables