Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
To All the Urine Drinkers...
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: May 26, 2014 12:22AM

[www.foxnews.com]

Confirmed: Urine is not sterile

Henryk Sadura

The popular notion that urine is sterile is a myth, new research finds.

Yes, the myth that comes up every time someone pees in a pool (or drinking water reservoir) is actually false. In fact, bacteria do live in urine, Loyola University researchers reported this week at the general meeting of the American Society for Microbiology in Boston.

Some of the bacteria may even be linked to certain bladder conditions that have long been believed to be neuromuscular, not infectious, in origin.
More from LiveScience

"We need to reassess everything we think we know about urine," study researcher Evann Hilt, a graduate student at Loyola, told Live Science

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To All the Urine Drinkers...
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 26, 2014 03:08AM

bacteria out number cells in a healthy body. They have many roles (happiness, etc). Each cell is powered by evolved bacteria (mitochondria) that has its own DNA (different from the cell DNA) and controls the death of each cell (through apoptosis). And so, why should pee be sterile?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2014 03:12AM by Panchito.

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: May 27, 2014 04:11AM

Urine does contain bacteria...it also contains the highly coveted 'stem cells.' And the stem cells found in urine have advantages over other types of stem cells like embryonic stem cells or artificially created stem cells, because it appears they don't have a chance of forming tumors like the other kinds do.

Is it any wonder urine is so effective at rapidly healing wounds? Many of the old urine therapy gurus claimed that urine literally became flesh, blood and bone from their own observations, and now we have the science to back that up.

Urine contains stem cells
[www.sciencedaily.com]

The article discusses just one study, but I could post many studies that talk about urine stem cells.

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: May 27, 2014 04:40AM

There are many news articles floating around talking about a study where scientists supposedly grew new teeth from urine stem cells (USC), and also a few claiming that scientists grew new brain neurons from USC. The studies are real, but they didn't actually use stem cells naturally present in urine, they used normal cells and modified them to become stem cells (induced pluripotency).

Real USC are capable of doing these things too, but the media claims that these particular studies proved that stem cells are naturally present in urine, and they did no such thing (many other studies have, but not these ones). We need to have our facts straight if we want to be taken seriously, and as TSM pointed out there are far too many myths floating around and far too many people buying into the deceptions. Practice discernment, take everything with a grain of salt, and most importantly, do your own research!

The misleading studies:
[www.cellregenerationjournal.com]
[www.nature.com]

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: May 27, 2014 06:00AM

I'll be moving this to the health forum, as it has nothing to do with raw foods.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 01, 2014 07:57AM

Urine is raw ... food.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 01, 2014 03:43PM

This really pisses me off... winking smiley

In any case, why all the fear of bacteria! My stars!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: June 09, 2014 01:36AM

Is it even vegan?

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: June 09, 2014 01:54AM

sodoffsocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it even vegan?

It seems, to me, to be one of those things bodies prefer to be done with once and for all.

Date: June 09, 2014 02:31PM

temp Wrote:
> Im still not sure tavis's thinking behind
> fermented foods being bad for those with parasites
> and would like to know more, firstly many
> fermented foods such as kefir, raw cultured
> vegetables etc have strong anti-microbial activity
> and have effect against many types of intestinal
> parasites.
>
> Another action is through supporting the gut flora
> by repopulating with probiotics, the gut flora
> again another major part of keeping parasites in
> check.
>
> Also that fermented foods tend to be naturally
> acidic, which can be helpful for preventin, many
> with opportunistic infections such as intestinal
> parasites, bacterial or candida overgrowth often
> have low stomach acid. Its the stomach acid which
> is the first line of defense against food-borne
> pathogens also.
>
> Unless hes referring to the high sugar fermented
> foods such as wine or beer, then id agree, but not
> healthful fermented foods such as kefir or raw
> sauerkraut. I think these are decent foods in
> moderation to support digestive health.
>

His mentioned specialty in his work is parasites. It is not just the high sugar fermented foods he does not recommend but all of them. He said you do not want fermentation going on in your body - your parasites do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:25AM by Prana.

Date: June 09, 2014 10:49PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I wish Tavis had said more about why not to
> take
> > fermented foods and why your parasites just
> love
> > them ...
>
> I am not buying into that type of talk, but I
> might contact him and see what he has to say about
> ferments. Why does he say it blocks
> "conductivity"? And what exactly is "conductivity"
> according to his definition?

I found it extremely frustrating trying to get straight answers to these questions out of Tavis. I hope you do contact him. Maybe you can pull more explanations out of him than I was able to. He is big into eating sprouts so maybe with your creds and website for him to check out things will go better and you can get somewhere with him.

You might also want to ask Tavis about why he doesn't recommend ut. I don't see why you can't replace Tavis' Tonic #2 for the ut. It's ingredients are pretty far reaching. Even the better part of a cup of lemon juice alone in it every morning is apretty darn intense cleaner.

That DJ guy seems to have 'borrowed' and reworked a lot of persona, etc., from the more hip US gurus. Too bd he seems to have incorporated their errors lock stock and barrel , too. I'm not impressed and his eyes look dead, IMO.
'

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: June 09, 2014 11:27PM

I've been doing UT inconsistently (only in the morning), probably a total of 5-6 times and haven't noticed too much, but my pineal gland seems to be buzzing more. But I've also started taking 2 TBS AFA and 10-15 grams of chlorella (was 5g before). I have to start doing UT after the algae's too so I can retain any lost nutrients. I also asked the guy I work with if he's ever heard of UT and he said he knew someone who cured severe back pain doing it.

Date: June 09, 2014 11:30PM

"Jubb gets so scientific and detailed that no-one can understand what he is talking about at times. I listened to two lectures earlier this year and didn't understand one thing he was saying throughout the four hours. This rings alarm bells. And he also goes off on rants about the illuminati etc LOL. Yes, a funny funny guy indeed.

Here are some of his Patrick Timpone interviews. Jubb is well and truely off his head, and sometimes he might as well speak martian language, but l do have a soft spot for him."

Lol I guess that could be a good or a bad thing (people not understanding him). Good if he truly knows the in-depth science, bad if he doesn't and as a result doesn't make any sense or contradicts himself.

Makes me think of the quote "The thing about smart people is that sometimes they sound like crazy people to dumb people"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 11:41PM by jtprindl.

Date: June 09, 2014 11:39PM

I think this is one of the JUbb interviews where he talk so complex that very few people would ever have any hope of understanding him.

Dr. David Jubb - Life is a Confluence of Multiple Vibrations -- September 6, 2011
[www.youtube.com]

jtprindl Wrote:

> Makes me think of the quote "The thing about smart
> people is that sometimes they sound like crazy
> people to dumb people"

Viktoras is the same. A very sharp mind, but sounds off his head. Dr Clement says he can hardly understand what Vik ever says, but is he great to listen too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 11:42PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 10, 2014 12:16AM

jtprindl Wrote:

> Makes me think of the quote "The thing about smart
> people is that sometimes they sound like crazy
> people to dumb people"

It could just as easily be said that the thing about dumb people is they sometimes sound like smart people to crazy people. Etc, ...

Date: June 10, 2014 12:24AM

>
> Here are some of his Patrick Timpone interviews.
> Jubb is well and truely off his head, and
> sometimes he might as well speak martian language,
> but l do have a soft spot for him.
> [www.youtube.com]
> faoqg

I'm giving it a listen - granted he's amusing kind of in a Terrance McKenna type way, IMO. Seems very well read and to possess a photographic memory - a wrench throw in to the decipherability of whether there's deep thought going on or parroting right there, lol.

Date: June 10, 2014 12:52AM

SueZ Wrote:
> Seems
> very well read and to possess a photographic
> memory - a wrench throw in to the decipherability
> of whether there's deep thought going on or
> parroting right there, lol.

He is said to have read three or more books a day for years and study for days without sleep. He does appear to memorize everything photographically. He says he has never come across anyone who has read as much as he has (maybe he has read everything in existannce lol). And he does seem to have more detailed information than anyone else by far, but he still teaches a questionable diet.

Jubb is the ultimate mystery man.

Date: June 10, 2014 01:45AM

And he
> does seem to have more detailed information than
> anyone else by far, but he still teaches a
> questionable diet.

Therein lies the crux of the matter. The last thing in the world I'd want is a Dr. who got through med school due to having a photographic memory, for example. There is just the tiniest chance that those vetted from the most excellent students who are allowed to be Dr.'s have what else it takes to be a really good doctor anyway. Someone with such a memory would need even less of those other abilities.

As my grandfather who cured himself of bone cancer said "There's no such thing as a good doctor who isn't psychic". The pharmaceutical and medical machinery companies who run the show cannot be expected to suffer psychics. They would be very bad for business. IMO.

Date: June 10, 2014 03:20AM

That's the thing, Jubb has amazing knowledge, but he doesn't seem to be able to link it all togeather to come up with practical meanful solutions. He is very detail orientated and tunnel visioned that he loses sight of the whole picture. He makes assumtions that the body won't do certain things and that his scientific lab findings will hold true.

He has observed that hydrid foods break down to fungus, mold and yeast, but is there a body mechanism that can deal with that? He assumes that our food needs to be a calcium - phos ratio of 5 - 2 because the outside of our cells are like that and mothers milk is of that ratio. He makes assumptions that sprouted beans/grains are too crude and we can't break them down, but what about people who can break them down? He sees lots of stuff in lab environments but doesn't take into account outside factors like how bodies have protection mechanisms to deal with foods. As l have said, he is in fantasy land.

People call him a genious, but l don't think he is because he doesn't demonstrate the ability to see the whole picture and put everything in context. He makes his mind up without asking, `what if?'. He also lacks common sense imo.

Date: June 10, 2014 01:41PM

temp Wrote:
> Anyone who claims and promotes breathairianism
> isn't as well researched as they think they are.
> Or the claims that he lived off just urine for
> years. How these people manage to convince anyone
> of these type of claims is beyond me.
>
> Jubb has claimed to be a breatharian, obtaining
> his primary nourishment from light and air.[1] He
> described "It's taken years of evolution to get to
> this place. I recommend someone first become a
> Lifefoodarian. Then move toward liquidarian, then
> to breatharian. Since 1995, I've basically
> practiced a very austere form of 'going without.'
>
> Jubb’s breatharianism is not constant, and it
> involves eating very little rather than
> nothing.[1] "When I have broken down over the
> years, what I always like to have is a piece of
> cheesecake," he said.
>
> This was just complete old school raw mantra,
> where one typically goes from SAD to vegetarian,
> then to vegan and then to raw, but then even raw
> isn't pure enough and has too many toxins, so you
> have to transition to liquidarian/juice only, but
> then even the juice has too many toxins, so you
> need to finally go breatharian where your not
> putting any food into your body, which is just a
> complete hoax and some people really did try
> transitioning in such way, losing their teeth,
> mental and physical health in the process.
>
> Course his breatharianism isn't constant as the
> article says because its aload of nonsense, its
> just periodic under-eating, coupled with
> fasting/juice feasting followed by binging on
> cheese cakes because one is so under-nourished.
> The reason why hes broken down isn't because hes
> found eternal enlightenment by managing to live
> off just air and sunlight, but because his body is
> physically breaking down from malnourishment.
> These people are dangerous with there new age fake
> advice, i almost dislike listening to any self
> proclaimed spiritual new age guru for this reason
> alone because i can see through most of there
> silly claims very easily.
>
> Then the claims that he lives just off urine for 5
> years is just completely laughable, followed by
> the odd cheesecake of course when he breaks down.
> Urine and cheesecake the perfect after dinner
> appetizer lol.
>

Good Lord - that's that for that on this knucklehead. Thanks for the added info.

In essence Jubb's just another raw vegan guru bat @#$%& crazy crackpot aiming for a cult of personality to follow him into deadeyedom. The weird thing is these jokers usually aren't even very charismatic. They just have spent a lot of time mastering how to fool people into giving them the time of day just as every other garden variety sociopath does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:25AM by Prana.

Date: June 10, 2014 02:13PM

> That's the thing, Jubb has amazing knowledge,

So far, in listening, I haven't heard anything from him that I haven't heard before.

> He makes assumtions that the body won't do certain
> things and that his scientific lab findings will
> hold true.

I don't believe he has scientific lab findings and is just parroting nonsense that has come across his path and sounds good to him. He has the standard junk "live blood analysis" microscope with which he thinks he's seeing a lot of things he isn't really seeing - like bacteria morphing into fungus, etc. Just more BS to wow the ignorant masses. He is full to the gills of BS with some facts thrown in and nothing more. To bad he's wasted so many people's time- including his own.

As l
> have said, he is in fantasy land.

And anyone who follows him is even worse off. No mystery. Done. I'm washing my hands.

Date: June 10, 2014 04:22PM

"Ive yet to come across one raw guru that is actually worthy of being called an expert to this date. Maybe thats an oxymoron however."

I wouldn't say that but nobody knows everything. For example, Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, and Brian Clement are all extremely knowledgeable but that doesn't mean they aren't susceptible to error or misinformation. Health and nutrition has so many variables, not only in general but with each individual, that it would be virtually impossible to get everything right 100% of the time. Nobody is perfect and someone may be wrong about a particular topic here and there but that doesn't destroy their credibility. But in Doug's case, he has shown time and time again that he shouldn't be trusted for guidance/advice regarding health by many of his comments.

Date: June 10, 2014 04:37PM

temp Wrote:
> Ive yet to come across one raw guru that is
> actually worthy of being called an expert to this
> date. Maybe thats an oxymoron however.
>

AMEN. So disappointing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:25AM by Prana.

Date: June 10, 2014 06:36PM

temp Wrote:

>
> Placebo plays a big role in raw foodism,

It's not just raw foodism.

Probably most of all of every sector of human's live's are running on a non-medical version of the placebo effect.

Date: June 10, 2014 06:52PM

"Brian Clement well he just makes up so much misinformation that i can't take anything he says seriously."

All that misinformation has sure helped HHI cure tens of thousands of chronically ill patients from disease, including many stage-4 cancers. The results speak for themselves. I'm quite sure Brian Clement knows basic human physiology. Gabriel Cousens has healed tons of people from diabetes, including type-1, so we know he's obviously doing something right. Outside of diabetes, I don't know. Not sure about David Wolfe and his success with healing people but he knows a lot more than just memorizing superfoods and herbs, if anyone could do what he does, then why aren't they?

Date: June 10, 2014 08:29PM

temp Wrote:
> > Again has Gabriel Cousens got any proof that hes
> curing people of type-1 diabetes ? Its one thing
> to improve diabetes type 2 and blood sugar control
> with high fiber plant based diets

I wasn't even type-2, but just pre-diabetic, after my hclf debacle, and I saw no significant change in my FBS after strictly following the GC diet for at least 3 months. I don't know if any of the results he claims happened off site of his resort or not but my guess is that they did not and that the placebo effect and the totally stress free novel environment played a role if he cured people of diabetes.

Date: June 10, 2014 10:39PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> I've been doing UT inconsistently (only in the
> morning), probably a total of 5-6 times and
> haven't noticed too much,

when l did u.t 20 years ago l never felt any difference either, but after enlightenment l fet a huge difference.

>but my pineal gland
> seems to be buzzing more.

Great, keep working on it.

Date: June 10, 2014 10:51PM

temp Wrote:

> so you
> need to finally go breatharian where your not
> putting any food into your body, which is just a
> complete hoax and some people really did try
> transitioning in such way, losing their teeth,
> mental and physical health in the process.

Just like Genesis Sunfire. Anyone going public promoting breatharianism is being very irresponsible because people are going to invite extreme thinking and try to do the same.

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That's the thing, Jubb has amazing knowledge,
>
>
> So far, in listening, I haven't heard anything
> from him that I haven't heard before.
>
>
> > He makes assumtions that the body won't do
> certain
> > things and that his scientific lab findings
> will
> > hold true.
>
>
> I don't believe he has scientific lab findings and
> is just parroting nonsense that has come across
> his path and sounds good to him. He has the
> standard junk "live blood analysis" microscope
> with which he thinks he's seeing a lot of things
> he isn't really seeing - like bacteria morphing
> into fungus, etc. Just more BS to wow the ignorant
> masses. He is full to the gills of BS with some
> facts thrown in and nothing more. To bad he's
> wasted so many people's time- including his own.
>
>
> As l
> > have said, he is in fantasy land.
>
> And anyone who follows him is even worse off. No
> mystery. Done. I'm washing my hands.

Yes, I believe Dr Jubb is deceptive, dangerous and full of nonsense. Many people fell under his spell and still do.

Date: June 10, 2014 11:05PM

temp Wrote:
> I don't understand how any of these raw gurus(not
> referring to Jubb here as ive never watched his
> videos) manage to gain the cult following they do.

They get followings because clueless people follow clueless gurus. People who lack good thinking skills can be talked into virtually anything, and they like to be lead because they can't think for themselves.

temp Wrote:

>
> Ive yet to come across one raw guru that is
> actually worthy of being called an expert to this
> date.

Very true. Various gurus do a reasonable job at trying to get on top of facts, but they are all still babes in the woods. The science of food and diet has greatly moved on, but we still don't know too much about anything. We still don't have hardly any solid scientific information about how food enzymes work.

It is so frustrating...I have a million questions and the science hasn't evolved enough to be able to answer any of them. No wonder we are all so clueless...it stinks being clueless. And when you realise how clueless we all are, how can you be so deluded as to get an ego and act like a guru...it is totally absurd!!! These gurus don't like being called out, but don't they realise we still hardly know anything about nutrition and diet???

One thing l will say...Dr Clement may not know everything, but at least he is promoting a diet second to none and getting people well. His diet promotion is full of common sense, a good, powerful nutritious fresh diet. Bravo to what Dr Clement does, he is head and heels over everyone else in the raw movement.

Kulvinskas was the brains which brought the raw vegan diet to a whole new level and Dr Clement provided the icing on the cake with the current knowledge we have today. And who knows...maybe, with new nutritional discovereies there will come another person who will buiuld on what Vik and Dr Brian have achieved.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2014 11:19PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: June 10, 2014 11:45PM

> One thing l will say...Dr Clement may not know
> everything, but at least he is promoting a diet
> second to none and getting people well. His diet
> promotion is full of common sense, a good,
> powerful nutritious fresh diet. Bravo to what Dr
> Clement does, he is head and heels over everyone
> else in the raw movement.
>
> Kulvinskas was the brains which brought the raw
> vegan diet to a whole new level and Dr Clement
> provided the icing on the cake with the current
> knowledge we have today. And who knows...maybe,
> with new nutritional discovereies there will come
> another person who will buiuld on what Vik and Dr
> Brian have achieved.

Thumbs down on this part of your previous post from me. Their "magic"
has not in the least touched me. A crazed spastic man and a classical old school tight type salesman, sans the plaid suit, is all I see with those two with a diet one of them is said to always eat and the other one sometimes has time for. Sometimes the magic works and sometimes it doesn't.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables