Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Guys I think we are it
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 29, 2014 01:57AM

I think this forum is the premier raw vegan forum in the entire universe.

You better all position yourselves. For years, decades, eternity raw vegans of the future will be reading all these posts. We will have whole websites probably about these posts here, seen in the future as ancient texts. There might even be a statue of Prana. For guiding us all down the righteous path.

When I type in raw vegan forum, this site comes up first. This is it, here it is! Withstood the test of time, this forum, and saw all the time traveling raw food gurus. Passes on by!

These moments have a place in time for eternity. And on all you guys deathbed, you will all read over again, these posts, and be amused once again, when your life flashes before you.

Let us make the best of it and leave messages for the future and our future lives too. For we shall all meet again. But for a blip.

Leave your mark, post your raw vegan photos. Say what you want to say before you die.

For me, it was the raw vegan diet changed my life, I am not just saying that because I am brainwashed or a fool. It did. It gave me gifts, it healed me and wealth and fantabulousness flows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2014 01:58AM by coconutcream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guys I think we are it
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 29, 2014 07:18AM

Thumbs up coconutcream!thumbs down

I like your post.

On Bing and Yahoo, rawfoodsupport is the first entry. On Google, its the second. The first Google entry is for a vegan forum that has a raw vegan subforum.

Posted by: guest1 ()
Date: December 30, 2014 12:36AM

>I think this forum is the premier raw vegan forum in the entire universe.

I agree.

CoconutCream is great!
Prana is great!
John Rose is great!

And many others are also great! And also very handsome and/or beautiful on the outside, too!

I used to post here a lot as Arugula. I learned a lot. Then I got busy with work. Now I am less busy with work and have more time to think about what is really important in life.

No other board does it like this board does.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 30, 2014 03:40AM

hey arugula

u came back
long time no see

roll up your sleeves here
because the stakes have gotten higher

lolsmiling smiley

Posted by: guest1 ()
Date: December 30, 2014 04:02AM

La Veronique!

I lurked now and then. But my brain was too mushy to post. I was giving all of my intellect to my job.

Now I can see that many of the people in highly visible positions are fighting and fragmented. There are huge egos at stake! I think a lot of people have emotional and financial investments that are resting on untenable positions. There is some ugly stuff. It is unfortunate because they are making a bigger deal about what divides them rather than what unites them.

We are pioneers pushing the limits of what is known.

We have to each go our own way to find out what works.

I still believe in science. But we are a bit ahead of the science curve.

I was watching a Gabriel Cousens video in which he said something very important: only 1% of the people can do this.

It will be very difficult to make that percentage higher.

Although we want greater healthspan and harmony for ourselves and our loved ones, we also want more people to get the message and act accordingly.

This will be harder to accomplish when the most vocal people are acting out and doing naughty stuff.

It makes it all the more important that we behave with dignity and grace and set good examples that others might wish to follow.

Date: December 30, 2014 06:47AM

GUEST ! ARUUUGULA...
Gabriel Cousens
I was watching a Gabriel Cousens video in which he said something very important: only 1% of the people can do this.

WOW!! True. Only the strong willed and inspired. Lovers of divinity and love. Not afraid to feel. The healthiest people alive. The true seekers, the ones who go where noone else goes. The lovers of life, nature and who we are as part animal. A true Animal. With the alien mind.

I BET YOU SOME NEWBIE GURUS will get a website and pay google to get them in front page. Like raw until noon then back again later. Or Raw upside down. Or raw vegan old people. Or only for raw vegans who like nut butter, you must like it to join. And agree. It is the best diet out there. The raw vegan nut butter diet forum. Number one on google forums.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 06:58AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 30, 2014 11:53AM

This is a genuine and unique raw forum indeed. It has quite a history too. When did it start? I was here first in 2003. Wow, time passed so quickly.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 30, 2014 02:44PM

Power likes to act like he cares about the health or well-being of others when in reality he just has a major bias and hatred for those who are successfully following a raw vegan diet because he personally couldn't put the pieces together for himself. He is not qualified in any way to offer any sort of health or nutritional advice but likes to act like he's in some position of authority or that he's some type of expert... completely detached from reality. The fact that you keep coming back to this forum over and over again spewing out insults and searching for attention is a telling sign that you have some sort of mental imbalance or psychological issues. You come to a raw food website and falsely claim that the very diet it is impossible to succeed on. Your main goal when you come here is to create controversy, I'm sorry your life is that sad. If you want to eat meat and fish and cooked foods, go ahead and do it, no one is stopping you. Stop trying to tell other people how they should eat, again you're not qualified nor are you educated enough to make dietary recommendations. I'll let you get the last word, though, I've destroyed so many of your arguments in the past and it gets old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 02:46PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: December 30, 2014 03:04PM

"Also i was here for years before you ever came on the scene. I laugh at you pretending to have blossomed into some sort of expert over-night, when you can't even make your own diet work yet."

Hey, he's probably 22 now - not 21 anymore. Why can't he be an expert yet? You meany you.

Date: December 30, 2014 03:14PM

"Just remember kids, pharmaceutical lithium is good, but telling people to just be aware that these vegan diets are not all they seem and to do their own research, is not on lol."

Yep. I did tell him to stop that lithium recommendation, and why to, as you probably recall. Haven't seen him do that again. Yet.

Date: December 30, 2014 03:36PM

Actually, power, I am qualified to offer health and nutritional advice and have far more knowledge at the young age of 22 in regards to health and nutrition than you will likely have on your deathbed. I frequently recommend that others with health problems seek out a local Naturopathic doctor. Everything I recommend is well-backed by scientific and/or anecdotal evidence.

You're the perfect example of someone who has failed at something so you try to bring others down to your level by making poor attempts at trying to convince them that raw vegan diets are dangerous or unsustainable. Probably was one of those guy's in high school who spent all his time lifting weights and trying to bully others and then later suffered some type of physical injury and then decided to take your pathetic bullying attempts to an online forum to make yourself feel better. This forum is starting become an absolute joke nowadays - insults, incoherent babbling, trolling, etc.

Oh and by the way, everything I recommended to St0rm for his depression are known to significantly alleviate depression. You think AFA blue-green algae is toxic because you read a study or two done on some contaminated, low-quality product and came to the irrational conclusion that it's dangerous. Thousands of E3Live (high-quality, tested product) testimonials beg to differ, as does my personal experience with it for over 6 months taking it nearly every day. Depression isn't hard to treat at all and I was in the process of asking him questions about his health and dietary habits, yet you jump to the ridiculous conclusion that I'm out of line for recommending omega-3's because there is a slight chance he could have (but never insinuated) kryptopyrrole disorder. What a pathetic attempt to try and belittle my recommendations. Again, I am qualified to offer health and nutritional advice, you are not. Please stop trolling and giving terrible advice to those seeking a higher quality of health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 03:38PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 30, 2014 03:48PM

"Again, I am qualified to offer health and nutritional advice"...

If you recommend people to take valium again I will call you on it again if I see it. Should I be looking at having to do that again? I hope not.

Date: December 30, 2014 04:05PM

SueZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"valium"

I meant to type "lithium" of course. Sorry for my error.

Date: December 30, 2014 04:42PM

SueZ Wrote:
> "Again, I am qualified to offer health and
> nutritional advice"...
>
> If you recommend people to take valium again I
> will call you on it again if I see it. Should I be
> looking at having to do that again? I hope not.

In the very same post you're referring to, I recommended seeing a Naturopathic doctor. Lithium has been proven to help alleviate depression. Do I think it's necessary in the vast majority of people? No, but it has the ability to help.

"You're as deluded as some of the people on here, you are trying to treat people based on nothing more than a forum post, without knowing a thing about their medical history."

I know, such a horrible person for giving people information that can help with their health issues. And I have a B.S. in Holistic Nutrition.

"My point about the omega-3s was proof of that, you are a text book omega-3s for all forms of depression sort of guy, then you claim depression isn't "hard to treat" at all. Your sounding more like your baseless, factless guru Brian Clement everyday with your grandiose boasts."

Actually, I'm a "nourish and detoxify the brain/body and use high-quality targeted supplementation" sort of guy. Omega-3's are a major brain nutrient and deficiencies in omega-3's can easily lead to depression. There are many nutrients one could be deficient in that make them susceptible to depression. I used to have depression and know of many people who did as well, and it's not hard to treat in the vast majority of cases if one is willing to start taking care of their body.

"You're extremely basic and amateur like i say, which is ok when your not trying to act like an expert and shooting others down. If your as qualified and as smart as you believe, then your not showing it."

Thank you for your irrelevant opinion, I will surely take it into major consideration.

"This is why you can't recommend supplements willy nilly, especially to people that you don't have access to their medical history, you have no idea if hes on any medication that could interfere with the herb Mucuna pruriens or any of your other recommendations, which is again dangerous. Not to mention recommending out right multiple time proven dodgy, stimulating and toxic substances such as AFA blue-green algae."

Your interpretation of my intentions is flawed. I don't recommend supplements "willy nilly", I offer proven health remedies that can offer significant benefit to specific diseases and never try to diagnose anyone over a forum, hence why I routinely tell people to seek a Naturopathic doctor. I already addressed your asinine comments on AFA blue-green algae.

Date: December 30, 2014 04:59PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Again, I am qualified to offer health and
> > nutritional advice"...
> >
> > If you recommend people to take valium again I
> > will call you on it again if I see it. Should I
> be
> > looking at having to do that again? I hope not.
>
>
> In the very same post you're referring to, I
> recommended seeing a Naturopathic doctor. Lithium
> has been proven to help alleviate depression. Do I
> think it's necessary in the vast majority of
> people? No, but it has the ability to help.

One thing I wish you'd learn to do is to properly attribute quotes in your posts. Everything below this point in your post is not what I said but since I am the only one listed as to who you are quoting it might be seen as stuff I've said. I've tried numerous times to get you to stop doing that. If you want to be taken as a professional you have got to start properly attributing quotes in your posts.

>
> "You're as deluded as some of the people on here,
> you are trying to treat people based on nothing
> more than a forum post, without knowing a thing
> about their medical history."
>
> I know, such a horrible person for giving people
> information that can help with their health
> issues. And I have a B.S. in Holistic Nutrition.
>
> "My point about the omega-3s was proof of that,
> you are a text book omega-3s for all forms of
> depression sort of guy, then you claim depression
> isn't "hard to treat" at all. Your sounding more
> like your baseless, factless guru Brian Clement
> everyday with your grandiose boasts."
>
> Actually, I'm a "nourish and detoxify the
> brain/body and use high-quality targeted
> supplementation" sort of guy. Omega-3's are a
> major brain nutrient and deficiencies in omega-3's
> can easily lead to depression. There are many
> nutrients one could be deficient in that make them
> susceptible to depression. I used to have
> depression and know of many people who did as
> well, and it's not hard to treat in the vast
> majority of cases if one is willing to start
> taking care of their body.
>
> "You're extremely basic and amateur like i say,
> which is ok when your not trying to act like an
> expert and shooting others down. If your as
> qualified and as smart as you believe, then your
> not showing it."
>
> Thank you for your irrelevant opinion, I will
> surely take it into major consideration.
>
> "This is why you can't recommend supplements willy
> nilly, especially to people that you don't have
> access to their medical history, you have no idea
> if hes on any medication that could interfere with
> the herb Mucuna pruriens or any of your other
> recommendations, which is again dangerous. Not to
> mention recommending out right multiple time
> proven dodgy, stimulating and toxic substances
> such as AFA blue-green algae."
>
> Your interpretation of my intentions is flawed. I
> don't recommend supplements "willy nilly", I offer
> proven health remedies that can offer significant
> benefit to specific diseases and never try to
> diagnose anyone over a forum, hence why I
> routinely tell people to seek a Naturopathic
> doctor. I already addressed your asinine comments
> on AFA blue-green algae.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 30, 2014 05:17PM

jtprindl wrote:

<<<Power likes to act like he cares about the health or well-being of others when in reality he just has a major bias and hatred for those who are successfully following a raw vegan diet because he personally couldn't put the pieces together for himself. He is not qualified in any way to offer any sort of health or nutritional advice but likes to act like he's in some position of authority or that he's some type of expert... completely detached from reality. The fact that you keep coming back to this forum over and over again spewing out insults and searching for attention is a telling sign that you have some sort of mental imbalance or psychological issues. You come to a raw food website and falsely claim that the very diet it is impossible to succeed on. Your main goal when you come here is to create controversy, I'm sorry your life is that sad. If you want to eat meat and fish and cooked foods, go ahead and do it, no one is stopping you. Stop trying to tell other people how they should eat, again you're not qualified nor are you educated enough to make dietary recommendations. I'll let you get the last word, though, I've destroyed so many of your arguments in the past and it gets old.>>>

Very well said jt!!!

guest1 wrote:

<<<I used to post here a lot as Arugula.>>>

WOW!!!

What an EXTREMELY pleasant blast from the past!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 30, 2014 05:25PM

Oh brother....

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 30, 2014 07:10PM

SueZ aka ZeuS wrote:

<<<Oh brother....>>>

“Whoever feels pain in hearing a good character of his neighbor, will feel a pleasure in the reverse. And those who despair to rise in distinction by their virtues, are happy if others can be depressed to a level of themselves.” -Benjamin Franklin

guest1 wrote:

<<<I have no idea what this means but I do understand that there is malice in it.>>>

SueZ aka ZeuS wrote:

<<<Oh great another raw vegan seeing malice everywhere>>>

Lois wrote:

SueZ has insulted almost everyone on the board at one time or another this year -

A partial list of the victims -

UtopianLife
banana who
LaVeronique
Panchito
Fresh
NuNativis
TSM
CommonSenseRaw
RawPracticalist
Bryan

There are others.

That's practically everyone who posts on the board.

[www.youtube.com]
Defense Against the Psychopath (Full length Version)
37:37 Minute Video

JR’s Notes:

0:15 MM

Part One

Psychopathy infects the whole Spectrum of Humanity irrespective of Race, Culture, Geography, Economic Class or Personality type. It is distributed in a population in the similar way that left-handedness is. One would Not notice a person is left-handed until you see him write or catch a ball. Similarly, one may Not notice a Psychopath until you see him do something that requires them to have a conscious.

Most people think of a Psychopath as a rare creature found only in the lowest levels of Society. However, the reverse is true. They are Not Rare, but actually quite common and you are more likely to find Psychopaths in the board room than on the wrong side of the tracks. The reason is the more competitive a particular environment is, the more ruthless the use of the Cheating Strategy becomes. Within the highest circles of Power and Wealth, a Lack of Pity and Remorse is practically a prerequisite to success and only the Psychopathic Mentality can thrive.

Because of the tremendous destruction Psychopaths reap on Society, it is vital for everyone to be aware of their existence and to recognize their Behavior Traits. Understanding them is the first Step to defending against them.

Key Characteristics

1) Lack of Empathy

Empathy is the Ability to Experience within oneself the Feelings and Emotions expressed by others. It is what allows us to Feel what others are feeling. It is why we are inspired by works of art, music and poetry. Empathy allows us to Experience the grandeurs of life, to be truly alive, and is one of the defining characteristics of what makes us Human.

Psychopaths have No Empathy and, as a result, they are neither truly Human nor truly alive. When they see Normals admiring a piece of art or playing with their children or caring for a pet or any number of Human Emotional Interactions, they cannot understand what all of the fuss is all about. Psychopaths realize at an early age that they are different and that they should Act as everyone else does in order to be accepted into Society. They learn to mimic what they see others do, but they can never understand why they should Act this way. Although they are consummate Actors, careful observation will reveal telltale cracks in their façade. They know enough to fake concern when someone is Sick or to pretend Happiness when some good fortune befalls a friend, but in Situations where the Psychopath has no pre-rehearsed Act, their adlib often reveals a stunning Lack of Empathy.

For example, if attending a funeral, a Psychopath would correctly mimic the same expressions of sadness as the other mourners, but then makes sexual advances towards the grieving widow clueless to the gross inappropriateness of such an action. People with Empathy would instinctively understand such Behavior as inappropriate, however, the Psychopath cannot.

2) Lack of Remorse

Remorseis an Emotional Expression of personal regret felt by a person after he or she has committed an Act which they deem as shameful, hurtful or violent. This very definition precludes a Psychopath from experiencing such a Feeling. With No Empathy, there can be No Emotional Expression. Nor can a Psychopath Feel Shame nor comprehend that anything they do can be harmful to others. Psychopaths understand when people are Angry with them for their Behavior and as a last resort, they may pretend they are sorry. But unlike most people, they are not the least bit disturbed by feelings of Guilt.

Remorse is a Powerful Negative Emotional that causes turmoil in those that Feel it. Turmoil that often results in self-destructive or self-deprecating Behaviors. The Psychopath may pretend Remorse, but their real Behavior has Not changed. They still go shopping. They still go to parties. They have no problems sleeping at night.

9) Anti-Social Behavior

The very essence of the Psychopath is Anti-Social. Their Lack of Empathy for other people extends on to Society and the Environment. Vandalism, Pollution, Graffiti, Animal Abuse and Environmental Destruction, Building Code Violations, Reckless Driving and a host of Morally and Socially unacceptable Activities are of no concern to the Psychopath.

These then are the basic Characteristics that Psychopaths exhibit.

1) Lack of Empathy
2) Lack of Remorse
3) Superficiality
4) Grandiosity
5) Irresponsibility
6) Impulsive Behavior
7) Compulsive Lying
8) Manipulative
9) Anti-Social Behavior

Bear in mind that few Psychopaths will express all of the Characteristics and that non-Psychopaths can have many of these Characteristics as well.

10:30 MM

Part Two

Part Three

The Psychopath’s Modus Operandi

One weakness Psychopaths have is that once one studies them and begins to understand them, they become predictable. While tactics vary from one to another, most Psychopaths follow a similar Strategy when Conning either an Individual or an Organization.

[www.youtube.com]

Once again, ZeuS is very PREDICTABLE!!!

Date: December 30, 2014 08:06PM

Power, please stop acting like you know what you are talking about and implying that I'm recklessly suggesting things because nothing could be further from the truth. Also stop acting like you know what goes on in my head and then justifying it with your bogus opinion which you try to play off as factual. I am not trying to treat anyone over a forum, I'm merely suggesting a wide variety of remedies that have been known to be very successful for alleviating X disease. It is up to those individuals to consult with a Naturopathic doctor and decide for themselves, based off their ND and my suggestions, the treatment options they wish to undergo. You babbling on about hypothetical situations has zero relevance to myself or anything I have ever said on this forum.

There are many causes of depression, and yes, the vast majority of them, just like most diseases, are caused by nutritional deficiencies and/or body toxicity (including chronic stress). My approach is to nourish the body, detoxify the body, consume lots of phytochemicals and use high-quality targeted supplementation. When you do these things, naturally, most health conditions disappear or at the very least, significantly improved.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 08:16PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 30, 2014 08:40PM

"No i won't let it go, if i feel you are posting dangerous recommendations to people wrecklessly, then ill call your ass out on it."

I have never, not once, posted a dangerous recommendation to anyone. I already explained how I never try to treat anyone over a forum. I'm not going to keep repeating myself because you wish to ignore it and continue writing nonsense. You're probably double my age but act like you're half my age. It's obvious that you just have a personal vendetta against anyone who promotes well-planned raw vegan diets and wish to sabotage anything they are doing to make yourself feel better about the fact that you were unsuccessful on the very same diet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 08:44PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 30, 2014 08:41PM

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 08:42PM by suncloud.

Date: January 01, 2015 02:56AM

Ok!

Yes we better leave our raw vegans of the future lots of stuff to pore through. The future will look back to us for wise knowledge and info. Maybe we ourselves will look back at old conversations we have had online. I do that sometimes. I have changed in so many ways and opinions and facets of this diet.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 04, 2015 03:23AM

How did you change?

For me, it was towards more confidence in this 'unusual' lifestyle. I analyzed it from every possible angle, but after over a decade, time has come for me to just be and enjoy it. smiling smiley It was good for me to go through some tough times and lessons to emerge as a person I am today. Interestingly, in many ways, I am much the person I was when I started. Just wiser.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: January 07, 2015 01:20PM

I also have posted here since 2003 smiling smiley This forum has always been here while other forums came and went. I often come across my own old posts while searching for something too, it's a funny blast from a past me!

I think I'm a bit older and wiser now, calmer and more balanced than I used to be. I often wish that I knew then what I know now... but what would be the fun in that? winking smiley

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: January 08, 2015 12:32AM

love this thread, coconutcream!

i agree, this is IT. this forum is more important than most people think because of the reason people argue so much, the diversity in everyone's diet. there aren't any long term raw vegan scientific studies that i know of that exist, and there probably won't be for a long time. we are the guinea pigs. learn from trial and error. can't trust what the gurus say too much because they have too much money invested into their claims, they are afraid/proud of admitting they might have been wrong in the past, or are simply playing follow the leader blindly into health oblivion. that's what makes this place so enjoyable to me. there are certain people with very definitive results using different means, and no one here that i know of is making money posting on rawfoodsupport.com, just sharing ideas and experiences.

we are it!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 08, 2015 01:14AM

Unless you lock people up in a metabolic ward and strictly control what they take in, you will never know for sure what works.

People can now get those kits they can use at home to test their blood lipids, so they can try one thing for a few weeks, another thing for a few weeks, and make some progress as to what is most effective. But the only person who knows how strict (s)he is is the person. People tend to lie about what they eat.

There were a lot of ultra low fat studies in the 70s-2010s in metabolic wards that totally work, and by totally work, I mean measuring blood flow through the arteries, bile acid concentrations in the stools, things like that, that work for everyone across the board, regardless of their starting points. There are dramatic improvements on whole-foods plant-based ultra high fiber diets in two weeks. Spectacular improvements!

Also I believe that in many respects, maybe most, the optimal amount of animal foods in diet is 0 as long as there is a reliable source of B12 (and D).

I also think you can up the fat a bit if you are doing very high fiber and the fat is from undamaged whole plant foods (nuts/seeds/fatty fruit).

Adding juiced greens also is probably protective if the fiber intakes are sufficiently high and one rotates through a variety of different, genetically diverse greens.

Also we know that the more AGEs in the diet (harmful molecules derived from adding heat to food), the shorter the lifespan in rodents. If they eat a low AGE diet but without restricting calories they live longer than calorie restricted animals on high AGEs diets. But how well can they do when their food is completely undamaged (ultra ultra low AGEs)? I would like to know.

I wish somebody would fund these kinds of studies with strictly raw on human volunteers. I have no doubt that removing heat from the equation yields additional benefits.

But there is no profit motive when you are using a variety of whole plant foods and just not cooking them. There is no pill to sell, there is no specific food to push.

All we have is ourselves and our observations.

I think variety is also key. I sometimes fret over the people who do monomeals. But I suppose that taking in calories from 30 genetically different species per day is something that only wealthy people can afford to do.

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: January 08, 2015 03:09AM

As someone new to raw (started phasing out cooked foods last July), I have found myself questioning everything I ever thought I knew about nutrition and will never be able to look at cooked food in the same way again. It's like the first time I made the connection between animals and meat, only much more convoluted on what to eat and how to proceed. I joined another veg/vegan forum when I started going raw and over the last 6 months, I am pretty much the only person who consistently posts in the raw section or asks raw-related questions. I like discussing some of the ethical values on the other forum, but I wasn't feeling I was getting enough information on the whole reason I joined- learning about raw foods. I am glad I found this forum to hopefully get a better grasp on what a truly healthy raw diet is. This forum seems to be populated by knowledgeable long-term raw vegans. Hoping to learn a lot from everyone!

I wish somebody would fund these kinds of studies with strictly raw on human volunteers. I have no doubt that removing heat from the equation yields additional benefits.

But there is no profit motive when you are using a variety of whole plant foods and just not cooking them. There is no pill to sell, there is no specific food to push.

All we have is ourselves and our observations.

When I went from veg to raw vegan, it felt like going from a 'fringe group' to no mans land lol. I'm gathering in terms of diet and lifestyle, this is literally "no mans land" isn't it? Amongst the general populace, vegans are somewhat "rare" but the raw vegans seem to be an elusive bunch shrouded by mystery and youtube disagreements:p I do like your point though, it does make perfect sense. With vegetarian or vegan diets, there are things to sell. Processed imitation meat and dairy products and lots of supplements, so more research has been done. Any estimates or guestimates what percentage of vegans are raw? Just curious?

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 08, 2015 03:13AM

Kiwibird Wrote:
>
>
> When I went from veg to raw vegan, it felt like
> going from a 'fringe group' to no mans land lol.
> I'm gathering in terms of diet and lifestyle, this
> is literally "no mans land" isn't it? Amongst the
> general populace, vegans are somewhat "rare" but
> the raw vegans seem to be an elusive bunch
> shrouded by mystery and youtube disagreements.
very funny. I like your style :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables