Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Breatharianism, Bacteria, and the Original Sin
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 06, 2015 12:32AM

"A herb cannot act on the body"

You ever smoked marijuana? Lol - Cannabinoids from cannabis (preferably juiced) exert powerful anti-inflammatory effects. Medicinal mushrooms contain very high levels of polysaccharides (mainly Beta-glucans) which work by activating powerful immune responses that increase the production of T-cells, B-cells and NK cell activity. All sorts of phytochemicals have all sorts of benefits for the human body. Our body's utilize more than vitamins, minerals, fats and amino acids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vitality ()
Date: February 06, 2015 12:50PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "A herb cannot act on the body"
>
> You ever smoked marijuana? Lol - Cannabinoids from
> cannabis (preferably juiced) exert powerful
> anti-inflammatory effects. Medicinal mushrooms
> contain very high levels of polysaccharides
> (mainly Beta-glucans) which work by activating
> powerful immune responses that increase the
> production of T-cells, B-cells and NK cell
> activity. All sorts of phytochemicals have all
> sorts of benefits for the human body. Our body's
> utilize more than vitamins, minerals, fats and
> amino acids.

I have experience with marijuana and the body reacts to THC in various ways, the more vital system the more violent the reaction. Give marijuana to a dying, feeble person and the reaction will not be the typical reaction. A baby will react more violent to a drug than an old person, mainly because the baby's vital resistance is higher and therefor can afford to fight the drug. Drug works by shocking, stimulating and manipulating the system. You say that marijuana trigger a powerful immune response and why so you think? The body starts detoxificating marijuana and thc as soon as it enters the system, and so vigorously. Why would the body start detoxificating mushrooms and marijuana if they are "good" or beneficial? That is not the case, the body starts working immediately and therefor the effects.

I do not believe that we are designed by nature to seek out herbs and mushrooms and drugs to reach perfection or any higher levels, we are perfect from scratch and not intended to be perfected or evolve through poisons and stimulants. The only elements we ever need in order to reach and maintain perfection is air and water, sunshine, nourishment, rest and sleep and of course love. We do not need drugs or stimulants in order to evolve, we need to avoid them in order to not sink into degradation.

I know marijuana and it is a very pleasant drug, but it is foolish to say that marijuana is beneficial. Even if it may trigger certain beneficial responses, the negative effects far outweigh the positive ones.

Date: February 06, 2015 12:59PM

The negative effects from marijuana include:

1) Impairment of short-term memory
2) Perverted and violent appetite (gluttony)
3) Dizziness
4) Impairment of psychomotor coordination
5) Paranoia

Of course these effects are most marked on people not yet accustomed to the drug, but a substance resulting in these effects when consumed, how possibly could it be beneficial?

Date: February 06, 2015 03:38PM

Medicinal mushrooms increase the activity of the immune system because of their high levels of polysaccharides, which are sugars. They are converted into immune "weapons" inside the body. Your body doesn't detoxify medicinal mushrooms - it uses up as many beneficial components it can to improve health. It stimulates the immune system, which is more often than not a good thing.

"But if an organ is functioning properly, it does not need to heal."

A lot of people have improperly functioning organs nowadays and need to help from targeted remedies. Unfortunately, the raw food diet is not a cure-all, even when combined with rest, water, air, etc.

"I do not believe that we are designed by nature to seek out herbs and mushrooms and drugs to reach perfection or any higher levels, we are perfect from scratch and not intended to be perfected or evolve through poisons and stimulants."

Raw cannabis and medicinal mushrooms aren't poisons nor stimulants. Nature has provided us with so many foods, it would be unwise, in my opinion, to completely neglect specific groups of foods such as herbs. I would bet if you take two people with everything being equal on a raw food diet, and one ingests a select few super food herbs their entire life and the other doesn't - while they both may be very healthy - the person consuming the herbs would live longer.

Date: February 06, 2015 04:05PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Medicinal mushrooms increase the activity of the
> immune system because of their high levels of
> polysaccharides, which are sugars. They are
> converted into immune "weapons" inside the body.
> Your body doesn't detoxify medicinal mushrooms -
> it uses up as many beneficial components it can to
> improve health. It stimulates the immune system,
> which is more often than not a good thing.
>
> "But if an organ is functioning properly, it does
> not need to heal."
>
> A lot of people have improperly functioning organs
> nowadays and need to help from targeted remedies.
> Unfortunately, the raw food diet is not a
> cure-all, even when combined with rest, water,
> air, etc.
>
> "I do not believe that we are designed by nature
> to seek out herbs and mushrooms and drugs to reach
> perfection or any higher levels, we are perfect
> from scratch and not intended to be perfected or
> evolve through poisons and stimulants."
>
> Raw cannabis and medicinal mushrooms aren't
> poisons nor stimulants. Nature has provided us
> with so many foods, it would be unwise, in my
> opinion, to completely neglect specific groups of
> foods such as herbs. I would bet if you take two
> people with everything being equal on a raw food
> diet, and one ingests a select few super food
> herbs their entire life and the other doesn't -
> while they both may be very healthy - the person
> consuming the herbs would live longer.

Sorry but cannabis, raw or not, contains THC which is a poisonous chemical. The body detoxifies this compound as vigorously as it can afford. The negative effect of cannabis outweighs the supposed benefits. The body sleeps longer, it requires more rest and more sleep and more recuperation after ingesting cannabis. Same goes for those medicinal mushrooms you call them, nothing but food should ever be consumed. Food and water, everything else is either a pĆ³ison or a foreign material we do not need. If mushrooms and thc weren't poisons then the body would not react in such a way. You can claim that alcohol is a kind of medicine too, because it can have "benefits" in certain situations, but really, it is just a harmful drug. Morphine can be useful when a person is suffering from extreme pain, but it is only a practical poison, nothing else.

Cannabis nor mushrooms does not add vitality or vigor to one's fund. It steals energy, energy that could be used for something else. You cannot feed a fasting person THC or mushrooms because that person is likely to be injured and it will interupt the cleansing process. This principle applies to everyone, resting or fasting or not resting or fasting, sick as healthy. A drug can never help us achieve more vitality in health and so it can't when we are sick. A sick organism has undergo no radical change, a sick organism is almost exactly the same organism as a healthy one, with the same needs but for example, a sick organism might adjust the need for rest more than exercise and the opposite goes for the healthy one.

We shall live life to conserve our energy as much as possible - without sacrificing living obviously.

Since THC or Mushrooms would have seriously injurious effects upon a fasting man, or a seriously ill man, it cannot have positive effects upon a healthy man. And if you seriously believe that a foreign substance the body detoxicifies is needed, in order to live longer, then we can close the board and stop discussing because in my opinion that is a harmful idea and it is the same idea as have been flourishing around since the birth of civilization and "medicine".

Something that injures us, slows down recuperative processes when we are ill harms us also when we are healthy! Just the effect is more marked and easier to see when we are in states of weakness.

Also, nature have provided us with a wide variety of foods. Foods that we would find and look for with the guidance of our basic, undepraved instincts (which cannot be trusted today by logical reasons) and we have no instinct, no craving, no hunger and no senses to seek out THC, mushrooms, or any other foreign substance. Please eat some raw cannabis and tell me that it tastes good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 04:08PM by Vitality.

Date: February 06, 2015 05:58PM

"Sorry but cannabis, raw or not, contains THC which is a poisonous chemical."

THC is not a poisonous chemical, it is a cannabinoid - our brains have cannabinoids receptors. All the negative effects you're referring to are from SMOKING marijuana. I'm talking about juicing raw cannabis leaves.

"Same goes for those medicinal mushrooms you call them, nothing but food should ever be consumed."

Herbs and medicinal mushrooms (not psychedelic mushrooms) are food.

"And if you seriously believe that a foreign substance the body detoxicifies is needed, in order to live longer, then we can close the board and stop discussing because in my opinion that is a harmful idea and it is the same idea as have been flourishing around since the birth of civilization and "medicine"."

It's not simply what I believe, it's scientifically validated. Herbs are not "foreign" substances - they are food. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds are not the only forms of food on the planet.

"Since THC or Mushrooms would have seriously injurious effects upon a fasting man"

Raw cannabis leaf juice and/or medicinal mushrooms (tea, extracts, etc.) would NOT have seriously injurious effects on someone fasting.

"Please eat some raw cannabis and tell me that it tastes good."

Doesn't need to taste good in order to be healthy. Plain raw kale doesn't taste good to a lot of people, doesn't mean it's unhealthy - same can be said for lots of foods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 06:01PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 06, 2015 06:06PM

To JTP:
FYI, I have all of Paul Stamets' books and I highly recommend his research. I have talked with him in person and I think he is one of the essential environmentalists (understands how to clean up landfills, oilspills, heavy metal and radiation poisoning control, alternatives to gassing homes for termites, etc.) Plus the data he has gathered to help so many diseases with mushrooms, including resolving his own mother's cancer. If my life allows for it, one day I will take his course in Washington. Some people don't think mushrooms are food, I myself have had a whole bowl of fresh lion's mane mushroom soup. It was delightful, delicate, neutral tasting and quickly after, I did feel the purported effects in the brain. My body was not detoxing it. It was using it as brain food. After eating lion's mane, it's a bit sad to see the little white button mushrooms sold in stores. The world would be a different place if people ate brain foods more.
I am not trying to push mushrooms on this forum, but since you are so young JTP, I am including this note, in case you ever get a chance to study with Paul. Something to plan for, including finding a place to grow them one day.

Date: February 06, 2015 06:14PM

So eating raw cannabis will not produce any kind of psychadelic effect? And mushrooms, I thought you meant "magic" mushrooms with drug-like effects.

Herbs like parsley contain vitamins and minerals, and have no drug-like effect upon the body. What I was referring to was the psychadelic herbs and mushrooms and other drugs, substances that results in EFFECTS and effects are often, if not always, vital resistance or recuperative work going on.

But I am sceptic, and I would like an explanation how a herb can heal a broken bone, a wound or cellular damage because I cannot get that into my head.

Date: February 06, 2015 06:42PM

"I myself have had a whole bowl of fresh lion's mane mushroom soup. It was delightful, delicate, neutral tasting and quickly after, I did feel the purported effects in the brain. My body was not detoxing it. It was using it as brain food."

Was it raw? How did you make the soup and what were the noticeable effects? Thanks for the information, it would be nice to grow my own medicinal mushrooms one day.

"So eating raw cannabis will not produce any kind of psychadelic effect?"

Not the leaves.

"I would like an explanation how a herb can heal a broken bone, a wound or cellular damage because I cannot get that into my head."

Phytochemicals.

Date: February 06, 2015 07:29PM

JTP wrote:
Was it raw?

Tai:
Paul said to cook mushrooms for one minute to kill any bacteria. I made a miso soup. Just miso and water and mushroom. A big mushroom. I have dehydrated mushrooms in the dehydrator and eaten them raw that way. They don't hurt the stomach that way. But Paul said that bacterial contamination is an issue.

JTP wrote:
"So eating raw cannabis will not produce any kind of psychadelic effect?"

Not the leaves.

Tai:
Incorrect. A mature plant rich in THC, will also have THC leaves. They will not be as strong as buds, but will be psychoactive, nevertheless. This is why the research is so precise about high CBD, low THC plants and at what point in the growth cycle that CBD is highest and THC is lowest and how that can change in a CBD variety as it matures. I think raw is THC acid and cooked/heated is THC. There is a difference but still psychoactive

This will be my last example for you, Vitality. I have to get back to work. I have given non-psychoactive chinese herbs to chemotherapy patients for vomiting and nausea. They work great. But how many Chinese herbalists are there? Few. How common is cannabis? Everywhere now. So, aside from people's misuse, there is a time and place for strong acting herbs, including for pain. I am not going to write anymore. I am at peace. I used to judge DOug Graham for not giving Leah Branster any antibiotic herbs while she was getting sicker and sicker on her water fast. (She almost died, if you don't know). But then I looked into the NH philosophy and I could understand why DOug later said, paraphrasing him, 'I don't know what I could have done differently.' I know a ton of things, including a ton of antibiotics herbs and foods, but that is outside the NH philosophy. WEll, I think this will be the last post I write about NH.

Date: February 06, 2015 07:51PM

I will read on that case but are you sure she would have gotten better with antibiotics? But I do not necessarily believe that drugs never can have benefits but certainly never in a state of health

Date: February 06, 2015 08:26PM

Vitality wrote:
I will read on that case but are you sure she would have gotten better with antibiotics? But I do not necessarily believe that drugs never can have benefits but certainly never in a state of health

Tai:
Watch her own testimony on youtube. She had a raging infection and her mom drove her 5 hours to the nearest hospital from Doug's retreat. They gave her antibiotics and they worked. I am just saying that if Doug understood herbalism, he could have given her herbal antibiotics early on (including raw food antibiotics in the form of liquids).

It seems to me, and please correct me if I am wrong, that Natural Hygiene folks who don't do blood testing seem to accept that once in a while someone is going to die on a fast (or right after one) and they are okay with it. I am not okay with that, so I stand on the side of herbalists. Vitality, you should read ALL the stories of fasters who have died and have been injured (fallen and hit their heads). I said I wasn't going to write anymore about NH, but you asked.

Date: February 06, 2015 08:42PM

"Incorrect. A mature plant rich in THC, will also have THC leaves. They will not be as strong as buds, but will be psychoactive, nevertheless. This is why the research is so precise about high CBD, low THC plants and at what point in the growth cycle that CBD is highest and THC is lowest and how that can change in a CBD variety as it matures. I think raw is THC acid and cooked/heated is THC. There is a difference but still psychoactive"

The leaves still contain THC but in very small amounts. I have not heard of anyone getting high from cannabis leaf juice.

[en.wikipedia.org] - "THCA does not have any known psychoactive effects on humans in its own right.[8] It does have antiinflammatory,[9] neuroprotective,[10] antiemetic (anti-vomitting)[11] and anti-prostate cancer effects.[12] It inhibits COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes involved in inflammation in human colon cell cultures.[9] It has also been shown to decrease the amount of oxidative stress caused by impairment of mitochondria which is a major mechanism in neural degeneration in mouse mesencephalic cell cultures.[10]"

Date: February 06, 2015 09:00PM

I am greatly interested in what people got to say about natural hygiene. But dying right after a fast or during a fast does not necessarily mean that they died because of the fast. Injuries caused by falling etc, is not a justified argument against fasting in my opinion. And the skilled hygienist will not apply fasting to every condition. People die in hospitals, people die at the dinner table, in their beds, does this mean that hospitals never do anything good? And because people die at the dinner table, should we avoid eating dinner now? We might aswell avoid sleeping because we can die during sleep too.

Fasting cannot kill just as little as sleeping can kill. If you happend to have heart failure during a fast, that is too bad but that would have occured during eating too, perhaps even quicker. But Doug Graham (I haven't read much about him) but he is not so experienced it seems. He does not seem to be the brightest and most intellectual guy out there, and add to this, he is just a chiropractor.

Fasting cannot reverse cancer if it has gone too far, and hence some modern medical treatment is necessary, even if it is partially harmful. But living right will not allow cancer to grow and therefor it would be no need for mysterious herbs or shocking treatment. For example if an arm is infected badly and the body cannot restore this arm in time, without letting this infection spread to other parts of the body, yes perhaps a removal of the arm is necessary. Nature is limited in her restorative power. And we are supposed to support nature but doing so we must sacrifice.

Date: February 06, 2015 09:01PM

JTP wrote:
The leaves still contain THC but in very small amounts. I have not heard of anyone getting high from cannabis leaf juice.

Tai:
Juicing is not the only way to ingest the raw leaves and will probably be the most benign method.

Grasshopper, I will PM you the real data tonight when I have time.

Date: February 06, 2015 09:08PM

Vitality wrote:
For example if an arm is infected badly and the body cannot restore this arm in time, without letting this infection spread to other parts of the body, yes perhaps a removal of the arm is necessary. Nature is limited in her restorative power. And we are supposed to support nature but doing so we must sacrifice.

Tai:
Herbalists have saved gangrenous limbs so often. To not try herbs and instead just to go for amputation is disgusting.

There is such a thing as karmic medical malpractice. There IS karmic retribution for hurting people unnecessarily, even if your medical laws allow it.

Date: February 06, 2015 09:48PM

But are you sure that the actual herb "cures" or heals the arm? Because then that herb is magig by definition

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 08, 2015 04:55PM

Here is an interesting development!

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Apparently somebody who had a faecal implant from an obese donor also became obese soon after.. could it be the microorganisms causing their new host to start to crave junk foods..

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 08, 2015 05:11PM

The benefits of cannabis in sick children is amazing. The healings, no seizures. Helps people battle anxiety. Stay sane, moms say it helps them be better moms.To see someone so sick and dying, finally being able to sleep and eat. Without meds or chemo..

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 08, 2015 05:13PM

lisa m Wrote:
> Here is an interesting development!
>
> [www.bbc.co.uk]
>
> Apparently somebody who had a faecal implant from
> an obese donor also became obese soon after..
> could it be the microorganisms causing their new
> host to start to crave junk foods..

Actually, there is nothing in this story reporting that the woman changed her diet. The donor was her own young daughter (who she was probably feeding) so it is more likely the ate mostly the same foods.

Ponchito started a thread on this story here ...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: Miriamgennuso ()
Date: February 12, 2015 08:45AM

Cooked food the original sin??? Where do u get that idea ? I agree with saying it's a sin to kill animals but cooked food being "the original sin" I think not.....by the way there's a movie called original sin ..it has Antonio banderas and angelina jolie in it

Date: February 12, 2015 05:18PM

Cooked food is stimulating to a greater or lesser degree. You never overeat on fruits and vegetables or even nuts. You can overeat even on the most simple cooked food though.

On cannabis; cannabis I don't believe heal anything. I don't think if you have had an injury that haven't healed in twenty years it wont heal because of some cannabis.

Cannabis, like ALL drugs are energy thieves. You cannot go around that fact. The body fights, resists and expell the drug, and everything that requires elimination STEALS ENERGY, REQUIRES ENERGY. The body don't want to store THC (because it's a poison and a foreign element that the body cannot make use of) so it have to accelerate the eliminative process which takes a lot of ENERGY. Look at your face after a smoking session, do you think smokers look refreshed, vital and full of vigor? My ass they do. They look tired, drowsy and even SICK if they are already low in vitality. They also require MORE sleep, MORE rest and MORE time for recuperation.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 12, 2015 05:33PM

The sin is the assimilation of a substance foreign to our true nature.
It disruptive and deadly.
Is it food and thought or both?

Date: February 12, 2015 06:28PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> The sin is the assimilation of a substance foreign
> to our true nature.
> It disruptive and deadly.
> Is it food and thought or both?

Wow that is so true. "The sin is the assimilation of a substance foreign to our true nature". I will remember that quote grinning smiley It's so spot on. If we just follow the rules that nature set out we will be free of sin simply because following our true nature can just be the right thing. Our true nature is always right and always the good.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: February 23, 2015 07:29PM

Japanese snow monkeys have brutal rules about the hot springs where they survive the cold - there are different classes of families, those that are 'higher' class can sit in the water, those from the 'lower class' are freezing at the edges of springs.
Now, this does not help the monkeys in general. There is no logic in it. It is simply a selfish rule...selfish principle is healthy, it makes us all move. Nothing wrong with selfish. But, very often, we do unnecessary damage. I believe this is by design. If a few monkeys become sick and die, maybe the monkey leaders will figure out...and maybe not.

Look around. Everything in nature is about self. Only very experienced, gifted individuals start to notice how balance is important...but, no weak emperor ever ruled for long. Weakness is not forgiven in nature.

First task we all have is to take care of ourselves. Nothing else. If we do that, we have done most of our job on Earth.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 23, 2015 07:48PM

Yes a mother always keeps an eye on her baby who is discovering his environment so that he does not pick up and swallow something that is not food.

Certain things may be shinny,deceivingly appetizing but they are not necessarily food and good for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2015 07:50PM by RawPracticalist.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables