Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Natural treatment for lung cancer
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: March 05, 2015 08:52AM

Hey my friends, I have a question for you.

My father has been diagnosed with a tumor on his right lung. The doctors will meet up today to give a final diagnosis.

My father has been working all his life as a church painter, he paints scenes from the Bible on the inside walls. Thus, he has been dealing with a cold humid environment, harsh chemicals, inhaling toxins from the substances he used to prepare the walls for painting, from the paint. Also his bones are affected, he has rheumatism, teeth problems. He had a severe cold with severe cough that wasn't going away, pain in his chest, difficulty breathing. At first, the doctor said he could have water in his lungs. He did a lot of tests, including a CT Scan, which showed the tumor. He didn't smoke much all his life, only very little, like twice a week, and only as something relaxing with his morning coffee and not as an addiction. He mostly liked to smoke good cigars and tobacco pipe. He likes raw fruits and veggies and he was the one who tought us as kids that we should replace the candy and cakes with fruits, that we should eat more naturally, we should exercise, walk in nature, love animals. He likes to exercise, he has a morning routine everyday when he wakes up, he loves to take my grandmom's dog out for a run, he loves nature and animals. Unfortunatelly, he likes raw fruits and veggies "in moderation", so they are not an abundant part of his diet. He has a standard omniovore diet, but he eats no animal products during every Lent, and also twice a week.

I'd love to tell him to go raw or high raw with no more animal products once Lent is over, but I'm sure my family would think this is too extreme and with no result on such an important diagnosis. Like lung cancer is too huge a disease to risk just relying on raw fruits/veggies. I would suggest to start doing green juices and veggie juices, like on Gerson Therapy.

I just read an article saying that even though a raw vegan diet could have a positive impact when talking about curing cancer, still the cancer could've been caused by different factors other than the diet, like genetic predisposition, exposure to radiation - but this article referred to breast cancer in women though: [foodforbreastcancer.com]

But I believe that excluding all animal products and including a large amount of raw fruits/veggies, even if still keeping some cooked veggies, and including a juicing protocol, could have a big impact on improving his health (if not curing the tumor long term).

What do you think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Natural treatment for lung cancer
Date: March 05, 2015 01:05PM

Unfortunately, today the doctor reached the final conclusion: he said my father does have lung cancer, it's in a kind of early stage and it doesn't have methastasis or nodules, so more likely it won't spread, it's located in only one spot. He is already scheduled for surgery, they will try and remove only that spot and as little of his lung as possible. In his case, his life won't be much shortened...What an awful news, my mom is terrified, but both of them have a lot of faith in good God sad smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 05, 2015 02:10PM

<<<He is already scheduled for surgery, they will try and remove only that spot and as little of his lung as possible.>>>

Hi Ela,

I would NEVER have surgery, unless the tumor was blocking an important bodily function, like a bile duct tumor.

Here are a couple of snippets from my files on "Cancers Spread With Surgery" and “Cancer Reseeding”:

[video.google.com]
Food as Medicine 1 of 2

13:06 Min
The primary tumor wants you all to itself and so these other seeds that are in your body are actually suppressed because the immune system is working hopefully, and secondly, because the primary tumor, which of course is secreting specific angiogenic chemicals or biochemicals to build blood vessels to itself, is also secreting antiangiogenic substances for the rest of the gang. So, that is why Dr. Judah Folkman, the man who discovered angiogenesis back in the 1960s when he was in the Navy... ...was on this program, Nova ...that’s why when a primary tumor is extracted, many times the cancer gets worse because now the antiangiogenic compounds that the primary tumor was producing was removed and now the other seeds that are everywhere have the ability to produce their own antiangiogenic substances to have blood vessels built to them and it starts to grow.
14:24
[video.google.com]

[www.naturalnews.com]
Cancers can re-seed themselves after chemo, surgery or radiation
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Researchers from the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York have published findings in the journal Cell that explain how tumor cells can re-seed and spread throughout the body after they have been removed through conventional chemotherapy, surgery, or radiation treatments. Tiny tumor cells that circulate throughout the body often begin to send out seeds to the places where the tumor originated, essentially planting the cancer back into the body.

[www.naturalnews.com]

Here are a couple of snippets from my file on "Cancer & Shrinking Tumors":

[cancertutor.com]

Before going on, it is important to clarify the issue of tumors. Many advanced cancer patients are petrified of their tumor. This knee-jerk reaction is caused by orthodox medicine's focus on the highly profitable (and generally worthless) process of shrinking tumors. For those people who are concerned about tumors, it is strongly recommended you read this article:

Article on Shrinking Tumors [www.cancertutor.com]

While the second fire truck represents chemotherapy, the "progress" chemotherapy is making is frequently judged by its ability to shrink tumors. Oncologists love to tell the cancer patient that their tumors are shrinking.

The Importance of the Spreading of Cancer

To understand how all of this relates to the spreading of cancer, consider this quote by an M.D., the late Dr. Philip Binzel:

• "When a patient is found to have a tumor, the only thing the doctor discusses with that patient is what he intends to do about the tumor. If a patient with a tumor is receiving radiation or chemotherapy, the only question that is asked is, "How is the tumor doing?" No one ever asks how the patient is doing. In my medical training, I remember well seeing patients who were getting radiation and/or chemotherapy. The tumor would get smaller and smaller, but the patient would be getting sicker and sicker. At autopsy we would hear, "Isn't that marvelous! The tumor is gone!" Yes, it was, but so was the patient. How many millions of times are we going to have to repeat these scenarios before we realize that we are treating the wrong thing?

In primary cancer, with only a few exceptions, the tumor is neither health-endangering nor life-threatening. I am going to repeat that statement. In primary cancer, with few exceptions, the tumor is neither health-endangering nor life-threatening. What is health-endangering and life-threatening is the spread of that disease through the rest of the body.

There is nothing in surgery that will prevent the spread of cancer. There is nothing in radiation that will prevent the spread of the disease. There is nothing in chemotherapy that will prevent the spread of the disease. How do we know? Just look at the statistics! There is a statistic known as "survival time." Survival time is defined as that interval of time between when the diagnosis of cancer is first made in a given patient and when that patient dies from his disease.

In the past fifty years, tremendous progress has been made in the early diagnosis of cancer. In that period of time, tremendous progress had been made in the surgical ability to remove tumors. Tremendous progress has been made in the use of radiation and chemotherapy in their ability to shrink or destroy tumors. But, the survival time of the cancer patient today is no greater than it was fifty years ago. What does this mean? It obviously means that we are treating the wrong thing!" Philip Binzel, M.D., Alive and Well, Chapter 14

In other words, if the cancer has not spread from the tumor, the tumor presents no danger to the patient (with rare exceptions, such as when a tumor blocks the fluid in the common bile duct).

It is important to understand that the vast majority of cells in a tumor are healthy cells. Cancer cells CANNOT form tissue. Thus, if the cancer were contained within the tumor, there would not be enough cancer cells in the person's body to endanger their life. Likewise, if a man had prostate cancer, and the cancer was contained inside the prostate gland, there could not be enough cancer cells inside the prostate gland to endanger the patient's life.

Even if the cancer cells in a tumor were killed, or the tumor was cut out, it would not solve the problem of the spreading of the cancer if the cancer has already spread. There would be no benefit to the patient because it is the spreading of the cancer that kills cancer patients, not the cancer inside the tumor.

Yet the focus of orthodox medicine is on shrinking the tumors.

Chemotherapy (i.e. the second fire truck in the example) is so toxic to cancer patients that if they gave enough of it to a cancer patient to kill all of the cancer cells, the patient would die from the side-effects of the chemotherapy immediately.

So doctors give chemotherapy in very low doses (though they seem like very high doses), not enough to actually cure you. In the mean time the cancer continues to spread.

Chemotherapy may put a patient "in remission," but virtually every cancer patient who goes into remission eventually comes out of remission and later dies.

Incredibly, doctors use radiation, the third fire truck, even after the cancer has started to spread. They are interested in shrinking a tumor. As mentioned above, the tumor is not the problem, it is the spreading of the cancer that is the problem.

While orthodox medicine continues to use worthless treatments, that only temporarily slow down the spreading of the cancer, many cancer patients who use alternative cancer treatments fare no better. Many alternative medicine practitioners do not use the best cancer treatments. Either they have been trained to use the most profitable treatments, or they are simply interested in making as much money as possible as fast as possible.

[cancertutor.com]

[cancertutor.com]
Introduction to Alternative Cancer Treatments
Part 2 of 3 - The Great Deception

• CancerTutor Home Page
• Part 1 - The Medicine
• Part 3 - The Politics

Part 2 - The Great Deception

The Four Parts of Any Truth Table

The woman with a lump in her breast is not going to die from that lump. The man with a nodule in his prostate gland is not going to die from that nodule. What may kill both of those people is the spread of that disease through the rest of their bodies. They got their disease because of a breakdown of their defense mechanisms.

The only thing that is going to prevent the spread of their disease is to correct the problem in those defense mechanisms. Doesn't it seem logical then, that we should be a lot less concerned with "What are we going to do about the tumor?" and a lot more concerned about what we are going to do about their defense mechanisms?" Philip Binzel, M.D., Alive and Well, Chapter 14

Alternative cancer treatments focus on building the immune system, selectively killing cancer cells and sometimes on converting cancerous cells into normal cells. Alternative cancer treatments are usually not interested in shrinking tumors. Why? Because if you safely kill the cancer cells in a tumor, and throughout the rest of the body, the tumor is as harmless as your little finger, even if the tumor tissue is still there. It is not the tumor tissue that is dangerous, it is the cancer cells.

And therein lies one of the major differences between orthodox medicine and alternative medicine. Orthodox medicine focuses on the size of the tumor, alternative medicine focuses on the cancer cells in the tumor.

Many alternative cancer treatments do not shrink the size of tumors. Some do shrink the size of tumors, but some do not. So what? If the cancer cells in a tumor are dead, the cancer will not spread and the tumor is harmless.

This is what Dr. Binzel was talking about when he stated that orthodox medicine was treating the wrong thing.

Only if the tumor is pressing on another organ, or is blocking some bodily function, is the tumor dangerous. But in that case the tumor's danger has nothing to do with cancer.

Chemotherapy is 80 year old technology. It never worked, it will never work because, as Dr. Binzel stated, it treats the wrong thing. Modern cancer "research" is still not aimed at treating the right thing. Radiation therapy is even older than chemotherapy and surgery is even older than radiation.

[cancertutor.com]

[cancertutor.com]
The "Checklist" Article
Treatment For Stage I, II and III Cancer Patients

Note #2: Dealing With Tumors

Alternative cancer treatments are far more interested in killing cancer cells, or reverting them to normal cells, than in shrinking tumors. If you kill all of the cancer cells in a tumor then the tumor is not dangerous to your health.

However, if a tumor is pressing on another organ, is blocking the flow of fluids, is a cause of extreme pain, is in a dangerous location, etc. it obviously would be wise to consult with a surgeon. Some alternative treatments do shrink tumors, but none of them do it immediately.

[cancertutor.com]

Remember, the lungs are very resilient and because of their importance heal faster than almost any other part of the body.

If your dad is not familiar with any of this, have him listen to a radio show I did back in 2005...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Men's Health Issues with John Rose
1:57:17 Minute Video
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Peace and Love.......John

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 05, 2015 03:31PM

I am sorry to hear the bad news. Cancer is an information disease. Life needs information and energy to fight enthropy. When DNA accumulates enough mutations, it creates different cells that are not well organized and different and no longer respect the host. Natural mutations are normal and the body has natural repair mechanisms (enzymes) that weaken with age. Other times, carcinogens (chemicals) mutate the DNA and the following generation carries the bad information giving cancer. There are thousands of different causes of cancer. What has been discovered is that promotion is more important than cause (China Study). Animal protein highly promotes cancer growth by for example promoting new blood arteries that feed the cancerous tumor. You would want low protein (pure vegan diet 801010 ratio) and the use of the properties of some fruits and vegetables. The ketogenic diets that avoid carbs have been historically proven to worsen conditions. Other factors are stresss and living conditions. Exercise and good attitude.

Good luck

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

high lycopene in diet (ie. tomatoes, red bell peppers, watermelons, papayas)
apples peels (ursolic acid)
sesame seeds (phytosterols)
citrus fruits, red onion, parsley
avoid synthetic carotene supplements

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Kiwifruit repairs DNA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 03:35PM by Panchito.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 05, 2015 03:49PM

Ela2013 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately, today the doctor reached the final
> conclusion: he said my father does have lung
> cancer, it's in a kind of early stage and it
> doesn't have methastasis or nodules, so more
> likely it won't spread, it's located in only one
> spot. He is already scheduled for surgery, they
> will try and remove only that spot and as little
> of his lung as possible. In his case, his life
> won't be much shortened...What an awful news, my
> mom is terrified, but both of them have a lot of
> faith in good God sad smiley
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ela, I will be praying for your father's full recovery. It's very good that it was caught so early and since it has not metastasized he should be fine once it's out of him.

My mother had metastatic breast CA 25 years ago. She had it, and a lot of lymph glands, removed surgically but no chemo or radiation and has never had a recurrence despite her horrible eating habits.

Once your father has recovered from surgery you can help him with tips but for now it's between him and God so it's more important to support him than try to change him at this point, IMO.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 05, 2015 05:40PM

Ela I can PM you lots of very valuable information that can more than likely save his life, but the real question is, would your father be willing to pursue it or is he stuck in the conventional medicine mind frame? A radical dietary and lifestyle change is essential. For the vast majority of cancers, opting for surgery or chemotherapy and not making any diet and lifestyle changes is almost a death sentence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 05:44PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: March 05, 2015 05:53PM

My sister, at age 58, was diagnosed with lung cancer back in 1999. She was diagnosed fairly early as her doctors were already watching her lungs because of chronic pulmonary disease which started a few years before. Since her lungs were already not in great shape because of that, her cancer was treated not by surgery but first by radiation, then a round of chemotherapy. Her tumor got smaller & smaller, then completely disappeared. Unfortunately, as the years passed, her pulmonary condition worsened, and essentially she would have to have lived in an iron lung-type apparatus for the rest of her life, and she chose not to do that, and died in hospice 3/2/2012, two days short of her 70th birthday. So her cancer was cured, but her original condition got her.

Your father may be fortunate in that his lung cancer was found early on. Best of luck on that.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 05, 2015 06:10PM

KFCA Wrote:
> My sister, at age 58, was diagnosed with lung
> cancer back in 1999. She was diagnosed fairly
> early as her doctors were already watching her
> lungs because of chronic pulmonary disease which
> started a few years before. Since her lungs were
> already not in great shape because of that, her
> cancer was treated not by surgery but first by
> radiation, then a round of chemotherapy. Her
> tumor got smaller & smaller, then completely
> disappeared. Unfortunately, as the years passed,
> her pulmonary condition worsened, and essentially
> she would have to have lived in an iron lung-type
> apparatus for the rest of her life, and she chose
> not to do that, and died in hospice 3/2/2012, two
> days short of her 70th birthday. So her cancer
> was cured, but her original condition got her.
>
> Your father may be fortunate in that his lung
> cancer was found early on. Best of luck on that.

I disagree with the point about "early detection." That just allows more time to poison. You cannot poison your way to health. If chemo destroys the immune system, how can it possibly help a person whose immune system is already burdened? That is pretzel logic to the nth degree.

I agree with John Rose. If there is a blockage that impacts normal bodily functions, then surgery must be done but otherwise, the malignant cells may spread! The tumor is seen as bad and actually it's being done to cordone off the toxic matter from the rest of the system. D'oh. And even getting a biopsy can spread these malignant cells.

Date: March 05, 2015 06:33PM

JR Insert from Daily Log on 2-2-08…
Cancer death statistics in the last 100 years:
1900 – 1 in 30
1950 – 1 in 5
1960 – 1 in 4
1970 – 1 in 3
2000 – 1 in 2
End of JR Insert from Daily Log on 2-2-08.

[video.google.com]
Food as Medicine 1 of 2

5.50 Min
And in that last 30 some odd years of cancer research we have amassed 200 billion dollars worth of research on cancer. [4 major cancer killers: Lung, Breast, Prostate and Colorectal.]

6.36 Min
And by the way, there was 1.56 million medical papers published on research on cancer in this time...not 1.56 thousand...1.56 million research papers. There hasn’t been one iota, scintilla of progress in the four major killers of cancer in the United States. And yet, we unraveled the human genome in 18 years, we put a man on the moon after the space program was officiated in 9 years, we developed an atomic weapon in 17 months under the Manhattan Project during World War II before we were even sure what atomic energy was...in 17 months. And yet, 200 billion dollars later and 30 some years later we got zip on improvement on the four major cancer killers in the United States.
7:37 Min
[video.google.com]

Obviously, Conventional Medicine is a COMPLETE FAILURE with all of our Dis-eases and that's by design. The Powers that Be want us to be SICK because they could NOT Rule over us if we were healthy and that's why they own and control every major sector of human endeavor, especially everything related to Health! The fact that a very small percentage of people survive their horrendous procedures does NOT mean theses procedures saved their lives. In fact, the survival rate is much higher if you do nothing, as compared to the Cut, Burn and Poison approach that's used by our current Butchers and Drug Pushers!

Date: March 05, 2015 06:47PM

Hi Ela,

Here is a section of that radio show I mentioned above where a caller asked me about cancer...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 05, 2015 07:27PM

Ela wrote:
including a juicing protocol, could have a big impact on improving his health (if not curing the tumor long term).

Tai:
Richard Schulze had a lot of success with "curing" lung cancer using a raw vegan juice program and a ton of herbs, including poultices over the lung and lots of lung herbs, and a cold sheet treatment, plus hydrotherapy and colon hydrotherapy. (www.herbdoc.com) but his website doesn't have the juicy information other than to sell the "incurables" herbs and booklets for the organ detoxes. Later I will attach links I find for the videos.

I know also a Chinese herbalist that has had success using Chinese herbs for lung cancer. I can't recommend her way, even though it has worked, because some of Chinese medicine uses strange insects (I am a vegan herbalist). But I only bring it up because she had success using another method that did not emphasize diet but relied on herbs.

I bring up herbs because I think they are very important, especially for the lungs. Richard would have all his clients do 6 cloves of garlic a day. That is one herb easy to buy and take.

You seem to downplay the history of your father's smoking. THe only reason I bring it up is because if you are going to help him NATURALLY, you have to be strict and can't let sentimentality compromise your help. RIchard Schulze had so many cases of people who wanted to give their loved ones "a break" from the program and so they bought them a pizza or something and they relapsed.

I always say try the program first before the scheduled medical procedure. See what can be accomplished with herbs and juicing and colon hydrotherapy. Do it fast. Then if the person is having so much success and so much healing, they may want to postpone the procedure a little longer. If you are fast enough to heal, maybe the procedure will not be necessary. If you drag your feet or compromise here and there, then perhaps the procedure cannot be delayed anymore. I once met a man who was cured of a golf ball sized brain tumor using this program in two months. We all know the program should be committed to for two years, but the tumor was gone rather quickly. He didn't have the option for surgery. IT was do or die.

If it was my parent, I would hire someone to be an assistant and do the juicing all day long and prepare the teas and drive them to get colon hydrotherapy and put the poultices on, etc (unless they came to stay with me and I would do it with some help). Time is of the essence. When we helped my aunt with her softball sized tumor, it took a lot of work. My other aunt and uncle helped her FULL TIME both with the procedures and my mother baby sat her daughter full time. It took three adults to help one person for months.

To me, whether an older/elderly person can succeed with natural healing all comes down to timeliness and the amount of help or money available to get the herbs, juices, colon hydrotherapy, etc. If all the help or money is not there, one shouldn't feel bad to get the medical treatment. ANd of course, any raw food or juice to any degree is always helpful.

I always think it is better to hire an assistant now to make the juices (when the person can still enjoy life and walk) versus hiring an assistant when the person is bedridden from a medical procedure gone wrong or not succeeding and the disease takes over. If the money wasn't there, I would sell anything to hire a juicing assistant and get a good juicer, like a twin gear (green star) or something high quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 07:34PM by Tai.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 05, 2015 08:44PM

"Richard would have all his clients do 6 cloves of garlic a day. That is one herb easy to buy and take."

Yes, garlic as well as turmeric (or for more potency, turmeric extract with 90%+ curcuminoids) are two that should definitely be taken at the highest doses one can healthily tolerate if one has cancer. Lots of powerful targeted supplementation should be taken. A raw vegan diet, albeit an important feature of curing cancer naturally, is just one part of the equation.

Date: March 05, 2015 10:49PM

Thank you all so much for the valuable information you shared here, I'll make sure I carefully read it and pass it on to my mom. My family lives in a different town from me so I'm not right next to them, but they are close and helping each other all the time. If need be, I'll go there too.

I think they are stuck in the conventional medicine mindset, and that they will not give up on surgery as the first step, as they already arranged for the surgery to take place. I would want nothing more than for them to change their mind and try the alternative way first, but I think they fear that time would pass by and they haven't taken the usual step, the surgery. My mom didn't mention anything about radiation or chemotherapy, so maybe that won't be the case.

You are all definitely right, he needs to give up all animal products and stick to a mostly raw vegan diet, if not totally raw (if going fully raw might be too drastic for him). But I need to see how I convince them of that, after a whole life on a standard diet.

Money wise, it is difficult for them, but I'm sure they will do whatever it takes in the name of health, no matter how expensive, they will find a way. But only if they change their mindset. I told my mom today about juicing and such, she said she wanted to do this, but she didn't have the time so far due to this sudden event, so I think she is willing to incorporate some juices and raw fruits/veggies any time soon, or most likely after the surgery.

Any information is valuable at this point, so thank you again for all your time to join this topic.

Jtprindl, yes, you can send me via PM any information you think is helpful, or post the information here in this thread.

I'll keep you informed about this case, I still don't have exact facts about what my mom decides to do next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 06, 2015 02:23AM

Ela2013 Wrote:
> Thank you all so much for the valuable information
> you shared here, I'll make sure I carefully read
> it and pass it on to my mom. My family lives in a
> different town from me so I'm not right next to
> them, but they are close and helping each other
> all the time. If need be, I'll go there too.
>
> I think they are stuck in the conventional
> medicine mindset, and that they will not give up
> on surgery as the first step, as they already
> arranged for the surgery to take place. I would
> want nothing more than for them to change their
> mind and try the alternative way first, but I
> think they fear that time would pass by and they
> haven't taken the usual step, the surgery. My mom
> didn't mention anything about radiation or
> chemotherapy, so maybe that won't be the case.
>
> You are all definitely right, he needs to give up
> all animal products and stick to a mostly raw
> vegan diet, if not totally raw (if going fully raw
> might be too drastic for him). But I need to see
> how I convince them of that, after a whole life on
> a standard diet.
>
> Money wise, it is difficult for them, but I'm sure
> they will do whatever it takes in the name of
> health, no matter how expensive, they will find a
> way. But only if they change their mindset. I told
> my mom today about juicing and such, she said she
> wanted to do this, but she didn't have the time so
> far due to this sudden event, so I think she is
> willing to incorporate some juices and raw
> fruits/veggies any time soon, or most likely after
> the surgery.
>
> Any information is valuable at this point, so
> thank you again for all your time to join this
> topic.
>
> Jtprindl, yes, you can send me via PM any
> information you think is helpful, or post the
> information here in this thread.
>
> I'll keep you informed about this case, I still
> don't have exact facts about what my mom decides
> to do next.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ela, one thing that your parents may not find controversial is the use of essential oils - in this case Frankincense would be one really good one.

It's important to get therapeutic grade when it is taken internally. A drop or two is all that is needed at a time sublingually so even the small bottles last a long time. I use Young Living but doTerra is also a premium therapeutic brand. I'm linking a doTerra company video that has some good info you may be interested in.

Another really good one for your father would be Helichrysum. If these cost too much Thyme essential oil is also said to be very good and is much less expensive.

Lavender essential oil is good for rubbing on the soles of the feet and Eucalyptus is good to inhale and to rub on the chest.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 06, 2015 10:29AM

I just sent my mom a message with a compilation of the great advice I got, I hope she takes it into account. I need to be patient with her, she is after all very overwhelmed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 06, 2015 07:53PM

Changing the habits of people is almost impossible because habits are unconscious. Dont get frustrated if you are not successful.

Having read some medical books, I can see how doctors have been seriously cult indoctrinated. All books defend the premise that medicine has to be an egineered chemical drug at all cost. They don't accept nothing else. Which means that artifical ingenuity manifested in the form of a drug, which renders monetary gain for its ingenuity, is what saves people, instead of for example naturally correcting ones damaging habits.

I have some information on how lung cancer develops and what genes affect if you want. There are also epigenetic factors in the manifestation of lung cancer that affect the silencing of tumor supresor genes, which makes the tumor grow. Tumor supressor genes code for proteins that bring down the tumor but I think the DNA in that region is covered or something like that. But I am not an expert of any sort and what I say may not help in any way.

Good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2015 07:59PM by Panchito.

Date: March 07, 2015 10:37AM

Thank you so much, Panchito, your links were very helpful. Yes, you can post the information here or send me a PM. You are right, it's so difficult to try to defend the benefits of the raw fruits/veggies in front of the conventional doctors, it's like their word against yours. And who can compare to the doctors, right? Especially when in such an illness, it's obvious that the doctors have the last word. But on the pacient's expenses...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 10:38AM by Ela2013.

Date: March 07, 2015 08:22PM

Cellular signaling is related to epigenetic. But it is very complex stuff almost with magic status to make any suggestion that would make specific recommendations. But they do exist and are real and powerful. Maybe just learning that cancer could potentially be corrected by modifying the living conditions and environment of the cells (diet, exercise, etc) is enough motivation to start a healthy lifestyle. Being overweight also exacerbates cancer growth.

This is what this book says: [www.amazon.com]

Both genetic and epigenetic mechanisms can inactivate tumor suppressor genes.

For tumor suppressor genes, it is their inactivation that is dangerous.

Epigenetic changes provide another important way to permanently inactivate a tumor suppressor gene. Most commonly, the gene may become packaged into heterochromatin and/or the C nucleotides in CG sequences in its promoter may become methylated in a heritable manner (see pp. 404-405). These mechanisms can irreversibly silence the gene in a cell and in all of its progeny. Analysis of methylation patterns in cancer genomes shows that epigenetic gene silencing is a frequent event in tumor progression, and epigenetic mechanisms are now thought to help inactivate several different tumor suppressor genes in most human cancers.

Frequency of gene silencing by hypermethylation observed in lung cancer:
P16-INK4A     30%
P14-ARF       8%
BRCA1         4%
hMLH1         0%
APC           0%

This is an explanation of a how tobacco could potentially create cancer by overwelming the repair mechanisms and accumulating DNA defects:

A few of these carcinogens act directly on DNA. But generally the more potent ones are relatively inert chemically; these chemicals become damaging only after they have been converted to a more reactive molecule by metabolic processes in the liver, catalyzed by a set of intracellular enzymes known as the cytochrome P-450 oxidases. These enzymes normally help to convert ingested toxins into harmless and easily excreted compounds. Unhappily, their activity on certain chemicals generates products that are highly mutagenic. Examples of carcinogens activated in this way include benzo[a]pyrene, a cancer-causing chemical present in coal tar and tobacco smoke and the fungal toxin aflatoxin B1 (Figure 20-38).

This explains how a cell could self repair itself from tabocco smoke. But cancer cells would probabbly need to be killed instead.

Such “bulky lesions” include those created by the covalent reaction of DNA bases with large hydrocarbons (such as the carcinogen benzopyrene, found in tobacco smoke, coal tar, and diesel exhaust), as well as the various pyrimidine dimmers caused by sunlight. In this pathway, a large multienzyme scans the DNA for a distortion in the double helix, rather than for a specific base change. Once it finds a lesion, it cleaves the phosphodiester backbone of the abnormal strand on both sides of the distortion, and a DNA helicase peels away the single strandoligonucleotide containing the lesion. The large gap produced in the DNA helix is then repaired by DNA polymerase and DNA ligase (see Figure 5-41cool smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 08:27PM by Panchito.

Date: March 07, 2015 08:48PM

Thank you, this is very interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 08, 2015 04:55PM

Hi Ela,

Here's something else y'all might want to consider - Marijuana!

Here is my Best of the Best of the File Preview and my Best of the File Preview for my file on Marijuana as I just updated it with an article from NaturalNews. I'll include my File Preview for my file on Marijuana in the next post since it is so long, it would not fit in this post...

…Best of the Best of the File Preview…
• "Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis," Dr. Zhang said.
• Study: Pot Doesn't Cause Permanent Brain Damage
• Marijuana smoking better for lungs than cigarettes
• Cannabis Cures Cancers
• Marijuana Has Anti-Cancer Properties
• Cannabinoids May Inhibit Cancer Cell Invasion
• Cannabinoids Kill Cancer And Our 'Government' Has Known for 36 Years
• No Wonder It's Criminalized: Marijuana Makes Tumors Shrink and Halts Their Growth
• Marijuana and Radiation Protection
• Marijuana cannabinoids slow brain degradation and aging, reverse dementia: here's how
• Pharmaceutical Strength Marijuana: The Future of Cancer Treatment?
• Marijuana protects your brain
• Cannabidiol May Protect Neurons From Oxygen Deficits
• Delayed treatment with cannabidiol has a cerebroprotective action via a cannabinoid receptor-independent myeloperoxidase-inhibiting mechanism.
• Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta9-THC) prevents cerebral infarction via hypothalamic-independent hypothermia.
• Medical marijuana: study shows that THC slows atherosclerosis
• Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
• Medical cannabis proves miraculous for terminally-ill pets
• Why Weed? The US Government Patented It
• Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##
1. Cannabis kills Tumor cells
2. Cannabis Cures Colorectal Cancer
3. Cannabis Cures Uterine, Testicular, and Pancreatic Cancers
4. Cannabis-derived substances in cancer therapy and anti-tumour properties.
5. Cannabis Cures Brain Cancer
6. Cannabis Cures Mouth and Throat Cancer
7. Cannabis Cures Breast Cancer
8. Cannabis Cures Lung Cancer
9. Cannabis Cures Prostate Cancer
10. Cannabis Cures Blood Cancer
11. Cannabis Cures Skin Cancer
12. Cannabis Cures Liver Cancer
13. Cannabis Cures Cancer in General
Cannabinoids in intestinal inflammation and cancer:
14. Cannabis use and cancer of the head and neck: Case-control study:
15. Cannabis THC at high doses in area, inhibits cholangiocarcinoma cancer:
16. Targeting CB2 cannabinoid receptors as a novel therapy to treat malignant lymphoblastic disease
17. Marijuana kills cancer cells
18. Cannabis Treatment in Leukemia
19. Cannabinoids and the immune system.
20. Cannabis partially/fully induced cell death in Cancer
Cannabis treatment of translocation-positive rhabdomyosarcoma
21. Cannabis Induces apoptosis of uterine cervix cancer cells
22. Cannabis treatment in lymphoma
23. Cannibals kills cancer cells
24. Cannibals regulator of Neural Cell Development
25. Cannibals treatment of Melanoma
26. Cannibals treatment for Thyroid Carcinoma
Cannibals treatment in Colon Cancer
27. Cannabinoids in intestinal inflammation and cancer.
28. Cannabinoids in health and disease
29. Cannibals a neuroprotective after brain injury
30. Cannibals inhibits Cancer Cell Invasion
• Treating Lupus with Cannabis
• Lupus and Medical Marijuana
• Marijuana may be even safer than previously thought, researchers say
• Biologist explains how marijuana causes tumor cells to commit suicide
• William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.
• In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.
• "A Prohibition Law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." -Abraham Lincoln
• Why is marijuana criminalized in America? The answer is simply that marijuana prohibition is the cornerstone of the American police state. Keeping this herb illegal keeps millions of people employed in law enforcement who otherwise wouldn't have jobs. It keeps the prison industry strong and gives cops a reason to search vehicles.
• War on Marijuana - 1937 - 1947 - $200 Million
• War on Marijuana - 1948 - 1963 - $1.5 Billion ($100 Million Per Year)
• War on Marijuana - 1964 - 1969 - $9 Billion ($1.5 Billion Per Year)
• War on Marijuana - 1970 - 1977 - $76 Billion ($9.5 Billion Per Year)
• War on Marijuana - 2.2 + 8 = 10.2 Billion (78-79?)
• War on Marijuana - 1980 - 1998 - $214.7 Billion ($11.3 Billion Per Year)
• The New Official TRUTH - If you smoke it, you will go Insane.
• Official Replacement TRUTH - If you smoke it, you will become a Heroin Addict.
• Official TRUTH for a New Generation - You will Withdraw from Reality, lose all Motivation and Undermine National Security.
• Official TRUTH for your own good - If you smoke it, bad things will happen, but we don’t know what they are.
• Fundamental Official TRUTH - If you smoke it, you will be in the Grip of Satan and the Godless Sodomites that Run Hollywood.
• Very Important Potheads
• Pythagoras; Victor Hugo; Mark Twain; Richard Feynman; Carl Sagan; Bob Hope; Margaret Mead; William Shakespeare; Robert Louis Stevenson; Pablo Picasso; George Orwell; Norman Mailer; M. Scott Peck; Louisa May Alcott; Rudyard Kipling; Louis Armstrong;
• The solution to marijuana prohibition is finally at hand
• It is time to end those legal fictions and end the War on Drugs in America. The solution is to:
#1) LEGALIZE marijuana across the country.
#2) REGULATE marijuana and allow it to be sold through licensed retailers.
#3) TAX marijuana sales and use the tax proceeds to fund addiction support programs for those small percentage of users who end up addicted.
The results of these actions will be:
#1) A COLLAPSE of the drug gangs. If marijuana is suddenly legal, who would bother buying it from a street dealer?
#2) A COLLAPSE of drug profits. If it's legal, the price goes down. Suddenly there's no more money in trafficking the drug, either, so the drug gangs are instantly out of business.
#3) A HUGE INCREASE in revenues to the states from collecting taxes on the legal sale of marijuana.
#4) A REDUCTION in young people trying the drug. What teenager wants to try something if it's LEGAL? Legalizing pot takes all the "fun" out of it for many young people. It's no longer cool. Kinda boring, actually. And it makes you cough.
#5) A SAVINGS of billions of dollars off all the money states are right now spending arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating people for possessing marijuana. This money could be used to build schools, roads, job re-education programs and more. And don't court judges have better things to do than sentence pot smokers?
#6) AN END to prison overcrowding. End the sentences for those incarcerated merely for marijuana possession. Set them free and end the prison crowding. Save the prisons for the real criminals such as murderers, child molesters and Wall Street bankers.
#7) A FREER, more just society that respects human dignity. If you treat addicts like criminals, you take away their dignity, and your entire society suffers a net loss. By recognizing the humanity behind the addiction, we can restore human dignity to the entire process of how we deal with drug addicts in society today.
• Marijuana cannabinoids - oral and transdermal methods
• The research indicates that cannabinoids hold the secret to helping heal many of the chronic diseases we are facing. From cancer to diabetes, and from autism to Alzheimer's, medical marijuana helps, and sometimes dramatically so. Cannabinoid medicine holds a great power to alleviate human suffering. There are no words to describe how important this substance is for our race in terms of sanity, compassion and highly rational medicine.
• Although medical marijuana is nontoxic, smoking it can be hazardous over the long term because toxic compounds are created in the combustion process. Fortunately there are options for the administration of cannabis but in general all different ways of administrating hemp oil or raw marijuana can be combined with no harmful side effects. Also there are vaporizers that allow for inhalation or what amounts to transdermal treatments into the lungs without burning the marijuana. It's a cool clean smoke of powerful medicine.
• Smoking marijuana has limited medical value when used exclusively, especially when it is inhaled through burning. It can reduce blood sugar; it can also help reduce ocular pressure for people with glaucoma. Most people know of marijuana's ability to reduce nausea, and smoking marijuana will often reduce the pain associated with many medical conditions. Smoking "grass" does make a person relax, which in itself can be quite beneficial. Smoking does help reduce the symptoms of many conditions but in general it does not work on a curative level like oral consumption does.
• Rick Simpson, the most courageous medical marijuana expert of them all, says, "Smoking is the least effective method of using hemp as a medicine. The power of hemp medicine is magnified many times when the concentrated essential oil of the hemp plant is produced. If you want to see the real medicinal magic in the hemp plant, start ingesting high-grade hemp oil. When one starts ingesting the raw, unburned THC and its associated cannabinoids, medical miracles often occur. When a person smokes a joint, over 90% of the medicinal aspect of the plant material goes up in smoke. It's ironic to see people who have taken chemotherapy smoke hemp to reduce their nausea. They are smoking the very substance that, if taken properly, could cure them."
• Oral Cannabis
• When we ingest marijuana it is absorbed via the intestines and then passes through the liver, which processes the THC into a byproduct called 11-hydroxy-THC, which then travels to the bloodstream and then on to our brains. 11-hydroxy THC is thought to be four to five times more potent than regular THC. This is one reason why edibles are known to be more potent when compared to inhaled cannabis. Edibles are also thought to be strong sedatives and many patients use them for treatment of insomnia.
• Marijuana taken in edible form usually takes from 40 minutes to one hour to start working and the peak effect is at two hours. The effects last though from six to eight hours, which is very convenient for those patients who want to sleep or have longer control of pain.
• The key to proper use of oral marijuana is to know how much to eat so as to get the best medicinal effect without taking too much. The general rule is, if you buy an edible product from a registered marijuana dispensary, cut the edible product into four pieces and eat one piece to start. Wait at least one hour. If you feel braver start with half! If you feel the effects of the medication, do not eat any more. If you do not feel the effects of the medication, you can eat another piece. There have been patients who unknowingly have ingested too much and have felt "too high," nausea, vomiting, and very groggy, so it's best to start out slow in the beginning. If you do not feel much at a full dose than try a dose and a half or even two doses.
• Transdermal Marijuana
• Marijuana is lipophilic, which means that it can be dissolved into a fat-soluble substance and readily enter cell membranes. In other words, it can be effective when applied topically on the skin. Marijuana can be used transdermally to relieve pain from many conditions. Medical marijuana can be a balm, lotion, ointment or rubbing alcohol solution. In the old days when people only had plants to use for medication, many patients would soak marijuana leaves in alcohol and apply them as a poultice to an arthritic or swollen joint.
• Many substances pass easily through the skin and that is why transdermal medicine has been more evident in contemporary medicine. When it comes to marijuana's anti-inflammatory effect people have long experienced this in action when they have applied marijuana to their skin. Patients with arthritis, muscle and joint pain can testify to the easing of the aches and pains that they feel on a regular basis. Topical marijuana preparations usually provide only local relief and do not have effect on the brain, meaning there is usually no high. This is helpful for those times when marijuana use is inappropriate (like when you have to drive your car) and you still need pain relief! Topical preparations can be purchased or made at home.
• Kristen Peskuski summarized her return to near-full health -- including debilitating lupus, interstitial cystitis, rheumatoid arthritis and 40 medications a day -- after juicing fresh pot leaves over a 30-month period. Courtney's approach promotes marijuana as a good-for-you vegetable like spinach.
• Raw bud has a high concentration of cannabinoids and is excellent for consumption. When consumed, raw marijuana generally does not make a person high. The main psychoactive compound in dried, aged cannabis is delta-9 THC, which is absent in the raw, fresh leaf. However, the other compounds, such as the terpenes, may have an effect on mood or energy levels. Raw leaf contains mainly THC acid (not THC) unless you are using a strain that is much higher in CBD. In that case, you will be getting some CBD from the leaf. Leaves are picked from a plant that is about three months of age. Buds should be at the state where the trichomes are fully present but not yet amber (i.e. cloudy).
• Some of the benefits of raw cannabis include:
Immune modulating ----------- Anti-diabetic
Anti-inflammatory ------------- Neuroprotective
Antioxidant --------------------- Antispasmodic
Anti-tumor/anti-cancer ------- Anti-anxiety
Bone stimulation -------------- Antibacterial
Pain-relieving
• What are the "active" ingredients in raw cannabis if there is no delta-9 THC?
Terpenes ---------------------- Cannabigerol (CBG)
Flavonoids -------------------- Cannabidivarin (CBDV)
Phytocannabinoids ---------- Cannabichromene (CBC)
Cannabinol (CBN) ----------- CBD Acid
Cannabidiol (CBD) ---------- THC Acid
Cannabigerol (CBG)
• There are more than 525 molecules found in raw cannabis, some with synergistic effects. According to Dr. Courtney it takes about 4-8 weeks before full clinical benefit is reached. It takes that long to fully saturate the fat tissue with phyto-cannabinoids. Phyto-cannabinoids are fat molecules that are stored in the adipose or fat tissue similar to the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K. It appears that a wheat grass juicer is probably the best method of breaking up the cannabis plant cells. Mix with a minimal amount of organic fruit or vegetable juice -- just enough to cut the bitter taste of the raw cannabis. Choose lower sugar juices to minimize your ingestion of simple sugars. Store leaves in a green bag in the refrigerator; do not rinse until immediately before using. Dr. Courtney recommends soaking leaves in water for five minutes before juicing.

…End of the Best of the Best of the File Preview…
=====================================================================
…Best of the File Preview…
• Most so-called drugs of abuse -- such as alcohol or cocaine -- inhibit the growth of new neurons, according to Xia Zhang, M.D., Ph.D., of the University of Saskatchewan.
• Smoking marijuana will certainly affect perception, but it does not cause permanent brain damage, researchers from the University of California at San Diego said on Friday in a study
• The results, published in the July issue of the Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, show thar marijuana has only a marginally harmful long-term effect on learning and memory.
• No effect at all was seen on other functions, including reaction time, attention, language, reasoning ability, and perceptual and motor skills.
• Marijuana smoking, at least at moderate levels, does not harm lungs but actually improves airflow rates and lung capacity.
• Researchers found that although smoking cigarettes or being exposed secondhand smoke decreases lung volume, smoking marijuana has the opposite effect.
• Occasional marijuana use was associated with increases in lung air flow rates and increases in lung capacity. Those increases were not large, but they were statistically significant. And the data showed that even up to moderately high-use levels -- one joint a day for seven years -- there is no evidence of decreased air-flow rates or lung volumes.
• Cannabis Cures Cancers
• This clip is from the recently-aired PBS documentary, 'Clearing the Smoke: The Science of Cannabis,' which explores the scientifically proven fact that cannabinoids kill cancer cells in test tubes and in laboratory animals.
• Cannabinoid receptors exist throughout organs of the human body, especially in the brain and in the immune system. These act like targets for cannabinoids. Once they bind to the receptors, peptides are released that tell the cancer cells to die, i.e., to commit suicide.
• The active ingredient in marijuana appears to target cancerous brain cells for destruction while leaving healthy cells alone, according to a study conducted by researchers from the Complutense University in Madrid, and published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation.
• Cannabinoids may suppress tumor invasion in highly invasive cancers, according to a study published online December 25 in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
• Cannabinoids, the active components in marijuana, are used to reduce the side effects of cancer treatment, such as pain, weight loss, and vomiting, but there is increasing evidence that they may also inhibit tumor cell growth. However, the cellular mechanisms behind this are unknown.
• Cannabinoids did suppress tumor cell invasion and stimulated the expression of TIMP-1, an inhibitor of a group of enzymes that are involved in tumor cell invasion.
• No Wonder It's Criminalized: Marijuana Makes Tumors Shrink and Halts Their Growth
• Marijuana offers strong protective qualities against radiation exposure. Since fewer and fewer people have the financial resources to continually purchase all the helpful things they will need perhaps growing weed in our backyard will offer the public one of the best anti-radiation solutions in the long run. Instead of it being just relaxing it might become very necessary to intake marijuana to increase ones defenses against radiation exposure. Might as well get your brownies ready but one has to be careful about radiation getting into everything, even your marijuana plants, which will actually thrive nicely in radioactive environments.
• Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half, a 2007 Harvard Medical School study shows.The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread.
• Marijuana cannabinoids slow brain degradation and aging, reverse dementia: here's how
• The human brain contains an extensive network of special receptor sites that modulate nervous system function only when activated by the appropriate cannabinoid compounds, many of which are found in abundance in the marijuana plant. And emerging research continues to uncover the unique role these cannabinoids play in protecting brain function, which in turn helps deter the aging process and even reverse the damaging effects of Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia and cognitive abnormality.
• One of the latest discoveries concerning cannabinoids involves their ability to act as antioxidants in the brain. Researchers from Germany found that the brain's cannabinoid system is fully capable of not only cleansing damaged brain cells from the brain, but also triggering the production of new brain cells within the brain, a concept that contradicts years of conventional thinking about how the brain works. Cannabinoids also supercharge mitochondria in the brain, which are the powerhouses of energy that maintain proper cell function.
• Published in the journal Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, these discoveries shed new insight on how natural marijuana cannabinoids hold the capacity to literally quell the brain inflammation responsible for causing cognitive decline, neural failure, and brain degeneration. By supplying these receptor sites with cannabinoids, patients may be able to overcome brain conditions like Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, and many other conditions, not to mention premature brain aging, all conditions for which modern science has failed to find real solutions.
• "I've been trying to find a drug that will reduce brain inflammation and restore cognitive function in rats for over 25 years; cannabinoids are the first and only class of drugs that have ever been effective," said Gary Wenk, a professor of neuroscience, immunology and medical genetics at Ohio State University (OSU) who helped with the research. "I think that the perception about this drug is changing and in the future people will be less fearful," he added, referencing the fact that marijuana is still viewed mostly negatively by many people.
• Marijuana cannabinoids help restore the body's own natural cellular abilities
• Ever since researchers first discovered the existence of cannabinoid receptor systems in rat brains back in 1988, independent scientists largely unconcerned with the stigma of marijuana have been gradually forming a piecemeal understanding of how the system works, and how cannabinoids can help prevent and reverse all sorts of chronic conditions that result from a lack of these important compounds. Today, marijuana research is moving forward more strongly than ever, and this taboo plant is finally receiving proper recognition as the medical "superfood" that it truly is.
• "Cannabis actually goes upstream, it provides feedback from the postsynaptic nerve to the presynaptic nerve, which is unheard of in neural chemistry," explains Dr. William Courtney, founder of the Cannabis International Foundation (CIF), which is actively working to consolidate all available and relevant science on marijuana's medical uses for the purpose of promoting a reformation in health maintenance, restoration, and wellness around the world.
• "The phytocannabinoids from this plant augment the body's attempt to restore an increased function to a normal level. So [marijuana cannabinoids] mimic the regulatory system of cellular physiology."

• William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.
• In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.
• "A Prohibition Law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." -Abraham Lincoln
• Why is marijuana criminalized in America? The answer is simply that marijuana prohibition is the cornerstone of the American police state. Keeping this herb illegal keeps millions of people employed in law enforcement who otherwise wouldn't have jobs. It keeps the prison industry strong and gives cops a reason to search vehicles.
• Official Replacement TRUTH - If you smoke it, you will become a Heroin Addict.
• Official TRUTH for a New Generation - You will Withdraw from Reality, lose all Motivation and Undermine National Security.
• Official TRUTH for your own good - If you smoke it, bad things will happen, but we don’t know what they are.
• Fundamental Official TRUTH - If you smoke it, you will be in the Grip of Satan and the Godless Sodomites that Run Hollywood.
• Pythagoras; Victor Hugo; Mark Twain; Richard Feynman; Carl Sagan; Bob Hope; Margaret Mead; William Shakespeare; Robert Louis Stevenson; Pablo Picasso; George Orwell; Norman Mailer; M. Scott Peck; Louisa May Alcott; Rudyard Kipling; Louis Armstrong;
• It is time to end those legal fictions and end the War on Drugs in America. The solution is to:
#3) TAX marijuana sales and use the tax proceeds to fund addiction support programs for those small percentage of users who end up addicted.
#1) A COLLAPSE of the drug gangs. If marijuana is suddenly legal, who would bother buying it from a street dealer?
#2) A COLLAPSE of drug profits. If it's legal, the price goes down. Suddenly there's no more money in trafficking the drug, either, so the drug gangs are instantly out of business.
#3) A HUGE INCREASE in revenues to the states from collecting taxes on the legal sale of marijuana.
#4) A REDUCTION in young people trying the drug. What teenager wants to try something if it's LEGAL? Legalizing pot takes all the "fun" out of it for many young people. It's no longer cool. Kinda boring, actually. And it makes you cough.
#5) A SAVINGS of billions of dollars off all the money states are right now spending arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating people for possessing marijuana. This money could be used to build schools, roads, job re-education programs and more. And don't court judges have better things to do than sentence pot smokers?
#6) AN END to prison overcrowding. End the sentences for those incarcerated merely for marijuana possession. Set them free and end the prison crowding. Save the prisons for the real criminals such as murderers, child molesters and Wall Street bankers.
#7) A FREER, more just society that respects human dignity. If you treat addicts like criminals, you take away their dignity, and your entire society suffers a net loss. By recognizing the humanity behind the addiction, we can restore human dignity to the entire process of how we deal with drug addicts in society today.
• The research indicates that cannabinoids hold the secret to helping heal many of the chronic diseases we are facing. From cancer to diabetes, and from autism to Alzheimer's, medical marijuana helps, and sometimes dramatically so. Cannabinoid medicine holds a great power to alleviate human suffering. There are no words to describe how important this substance is for our race in terms of sanity, compassion and highly rational medicine.
• Although medical marijuana is nontoxic, smoking it can be hazardous over the long term because toxic compounds are created in the combustion process. Fortunately there are options for the administration of cannabis but in general all different ways of administrating hemp oil or raw marijuana can be combined with no harmful side effects. Also there are vaporizers that allow for inhalation or what amounts to transdermal treatments into the lungs without burning the marijuana. It's a cool clean smoke of powerful medicine.
• Smoking marijuana has limited medical value when used exclusively, especially when it is inhaled through burning. It can reduce blood sugar; it can also help reduce ocular pressure for people with glaucoma. Most people know of marijuana's ability to reduce nausea, and smoking marijuana will often reduce the pain associated with many medical conditions. Smoking "grass" does make a person relax, which in itself can be quite beneficial. Smoking does help reduce the symptoms of many conditions but in general it does not work on a curative level like oral consumption does.
• Rick Simpson, the most courageous medical marijuana expert of them all, says, "Smoking is the least effective method of using hemp as a medicine. The power of hemp medicine is magnified many times when the concentrated essential oil of the hemp plant is produced. If you want to see the real medicinal magic in the hemp plant, start ingesting high-grade hemp oil. When one starts ingesting the raw, unburned THC and its associated cannabinoids, medical miracles often occur. When a person smokes a joint, over 90% of the medicinal aspect of the plant material goes up in smoke. It's ironic to see people who have taken chemotherapy smoke hemp to reduce their nausea. They are smoking the very substance that, if taken properly, could cure them."
• Oral Cannabis
• When we ingest marijuana it is absorbed via the intestines and then passes through the liver, which processes the THC into a byproduct called 11-hydroxy-THC, which then travels to the bloodstream and then on to our brains. 11-hydroxy THC is thought to be four to five times more potent than regular THC. This is one reason why edibles are known to be more potent when compared to inhaled cannabis. Edibles are also thought to be strong sedatives and many patients use them for treatment of insomnia.
• Marijuana taken in edible form usually takes from 40 minutes to one hour to start working and the peak effect is at two hours. The effects last though from six to eight hours, which is very convenient for those patients who want to sleep or have longer control of pain.
• The key to proper use of oral marijuana is to know how much to eat so as to get the best medicinal effect without taking too much. The general rule is, if you buy an edible product from a registered marijuana dispensary, cut the edible product into four pieces and eat one piece to start. Wait at least one hour. If you feel braver start with half! If you feel the effects of the medication, do not eat any more. If you do not feel the effects of the medication, you can eat another piece. There have been patients who unknowingly have ingested too much and have felt "too high," nausea, vomiting, and very groggy, so it's best to start out slow in the beginning. If you do not feel much at a full dose than try a dose and a half or even two doses.
• Transdermal Marijuana
• Marijuana is lipophilic, which means that it can be dissolved into a fat-soluble substance and readily enter cell membranes. In other words, it can be effective when applied topically on the skin. Marijuana can be used transdermally to relieve pain from many conditions. Medical marijuana can be a balm, lotion, ointment or rubbing alcohol solution. In the old days when people only had plants to use for medication, many patients would soak marijuana leaves in alcohol and apply them as a poultice to an arthritic or swollen joint.
• Many substances pass easily through the skin and that is why transdermal medicine has been more evident in contemporary medicine. When it comes to marijuana's anti-inflammatory effect people have long experienced this in action when they have applied marijuana to their skin. Patients with arthritis, muscle and joint pain can testify to the easing of the aches and pains that they feel on a regular basis. Topical marijuana preparations usually provide only local relief and do not have effect on the brain, meaning there is usually no high. This is helpful for those times when marijuana use is inappropriate (like when you have to drive your car) and you still need pain relief! Topical preparations can be purchased or made at home.
• Kristen Peskuski summarized her return to near-full health -- including debilitating lupus, interstitial cystitis, rheumatoid arthritis and 40 medications a day -- after juicing fresh pot leaves over a 30-month period. Courtney's approach promotes marijuana as a good-for-you vegetable like spinach.
• Raw bud has a high concentration of cannabinoids and is excellent for consumption. When consumed, raw marijuana generally does not make a person high. The main psychoactive compound in dried, aged cannabis is delta-9 THC, which is absent in the raw, fresh leaf. However, the other compounds, such as the terpenes, may have an effect on mood or energy levels. Raw leaf contains mainly THC acid (not THC) unless you are using a strain that is much higher in CBD. In that case, you will be getting some CBD from the leaf. Leaves are picked from a plant that is about three months of age. Buds should be at the state where the trichomes are fully present but not yet amber (i.e. cloudy).
Pain-relieving
Cannabigerol (CBG)
• There are more than 525 molecules found in raw cannabis, some with synergistic effects. According to Dr. Courtney it takes about 4-8 weeks before full clinical benefit is reached. It takes that long to fully saturate the fat tissue with phyto-cannabinoids. Phyto-cannabinoids are fat molecules that are stored in the adipose or fat tissue similar to the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K. It appears that a wheat grass juicer is probably the best method of breaking up the cannabis plant cells. Mix with a minimal amount of organic fruit or vegetable juice -- just enough to cut the bitter taste of the raw cannabis. Choose lower sugar juices to minimize your ingestion of simple sugars. Store leaves in a green bag in the refrigerator; do not rinse until immediately before using. Dr. Courtney recommends soaking leaves in water for five minutes before juicing.

…End of the Best of the File Preview…
=====================================================================

If you are interested in this file or any of my files on Cancer (see below), let me know and I'll be more than happy to email them to you.

Here is a List on my Files on Cancer:

…JR’s List of Cancer Files…

1. All Cancers Are The Same
2. Alternative Cancer Therapies is Almost Extinct, The Study of
3. American Cancer Society
4. Angiogenesis & Antiangiogenic
5. Anti-Cancer Book Extracts (pdf)
6. Anti-Rejection Drugs
7. Beets & Cancer
8. Bile Duct Cancer - Cholangiocarcinoma
9. Bladder Cancer
10. Bone Marrow Transplant
11. Breast Cancer
12. Cachexia
13. Cancer - 1
14. Cancer - Early Detection
15. Cancer - The Alivizatos Treatment
16. Cancer & Alkalinity
17. Cancer & Bacteria BS
18. Cancer & Beets
19. Cancer & Epithelial Cells
20. Cancer & Fasting
21. Cancer & Fats
22. Cancer & Fruits and Vegetables
23. Cancer & Gc Macrophage Activating Factor (Gc-MAF)
24. Cancer & Genes
25. Cancer & Green Juices
26. Cancer & Herbs
27. Cancer & Lymphangiogenesis
28. Cancer & Marijuana
29. Cancer & Progesterone
30. Cancer & Protein
31. Cancer & Raw Food
32. Cancer & Shrinking Tumors
33. Cancer & Sodium Bicarbonate
34. Cancer & Stress
35. Cancer & Sugar
36. Cancer & The Fluke
37. Cancer & Vegetables
38. Cancer & Vitamin D
39. Cancer Advances That Actually Make Cancer Worse, 2008
40. Cancer And Other Diseases, The Raw Food Treatment Of
41. Cancer Antigen 125 (CA125) - A Tumor Marker
42. Cancer Be Cured By Hygienic Means, Can
43. Cancer Civilization's No. 2 Killer Chapter 13 Health and Survival In The 21st Century by Ross Horne
44. Cancer Doctors Profiting From Drugs
45. Cancer From Spreading, Nanoparticle Stops
46. Cancer Immunotherapy
47. Cancer Is A Fungus
48. Cancer is Not a Disease - It's a Survival Mechanism
49. Cancer Kit - Mother Earth Minerals
50. Cancer of the Pancreas
51. Cancer Protein That Can Stop Spread of Cancer
52. Cancer Remedies, FTC Launches Operation False Cures to Suppress Natural
53. Cancer Report, The
54. Cancer Researcher Admits to Faking Data
55. Cancer Reseeding
56. Cancer Risk Found in French Fries, Bread
57. Cancer Risk, Products That Pose The Highest
58. Cancer Statistics
59. Cancer Treatment, History of Alternative (W)
60. Cancer Treatment, History of Alternative
61. Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins
62. Cancer Video - Cut Poison Burn
63. Cancer, Better Habits Could Slash U.S.
64. Cancer, DCA Possible Cure for
65. Cancer, How To Heal (Budwig)
66. Cancer, Not Heart Disease, Is Now America’s Top Killer
67. Cancer, The Healing of
68. Cancer, The Secret History of the War on
69. Cancer, The Survival Mechanism We Call
70. Cancer, The Survival Mechanism We Call by Viktoras Kulvinskas
71. Cancer, Viruses & Vaccines
72. Cancer, War On
73. Cancer
74. Cancer--A Disease Of Civilization - The Health Revolution
75. Cancer--A Disease Of Civilization
76. Cancers Spread With Surgery
77. CancerTutor.com
78. Cervical Cancer
79. Chaparral
80. Chemotherapy
81. Chemotherapy & Probiotics
82. Coffee Enemas
83. Colon Cancer
84. Ellagic Acid
85. Endometrial Cancer
86. Epithelial Cells & Cancer
87. Esophageal Cancer
88. Essiac Formula
89. Herbs & Cancer
90. Hodgkin's Disease
91. Hoxsey Formula
92. Iodine
93. Ketogenic Diet and Its Role in Cancer Treatment - Interview with Dr. Thomas Seyfried (pdf)
94. Ketogenic Diet, Calorie Restriction and Hyperbaric Treatment Cancer Treatment - Interview with Dr. Dominic D’Agostino (pdf)
95. Laetrile - Vitamin B17/Amygdalin
96. Leukemia
97. Liver Cancer
98. Liver Transplant
99. LDN - Low Dose Naltrexone
100. Lung Cancer Invading The Aorta
101. Lymphoma
102. Moles & Skin Cancer
103. Naltrexone
104. Natural Cellular Defense
105. Needle Biopsies
106. Neoplasm
107. Niacin
108. Obesity, High Number Of Cancers Due To
109. Ovarian Cancer
110. Pancreatic Cancer
111. Peritoneal Cancer
112. Prostate Cancer
113. Radiation
114. Sodium Bicarbonate & Cancer
115. Sugar, Cancer and Immunity
116. Sunshine, Skin Cancer, Sunscreens, etc.
117. Testicular Cancer
118. Tongue Cancer
119. Vitalzym

Date: March 08, 2015 04:57PM

Here is my File Preview for my file on Marijuana...

…File Preview…

• I used to smoke marijuana regularly, but I found out I was allergic to smoke. The solution is a vaporizer! It heats up the marijuana just enough to to boil of the THC, but not enough to burn the weed and make smoke.

• ... the confusion over hemp, and marijuana non-withstanding... don't smoke it... DON'T COOK YOUR WEED!!!! (see, the smoking...cooks it, and...uh, what was i saying...) if you want to use cannibis to experience an 'altered state' your best bet for remaining raw (if that is your goal... or if a healthy way to consume it is your goal...) then mix the herb with a raw plant fat... like avocado, a nut or seed butter (hemp seed butter maybe?) or raw oil... THC is only soluble in alcohol, or fat. It needs to be mixed with one of those two things in order for the human digestive tract to assimilate it. Inhaling THC is the other way we can feel it's effects... but yes burning cannibis is MUCH more toxic than cigarettes (people just use tabbaco more often) the alternative for inhaling THC, which i in no way promote as healthy... just healthier than burning it, it to use a herbal vaporizer, which heats the plant material to the point where the voluble oils vaporize, with out igniting the plant material, where most of the tar is.
• Try soaking it in nut milk for a couple days, then blend it (you can then also warm it up at a very low temp, or under the sun for increased effects.) Try this milk in recipe's.
• Smoking marijuana will certainly affect perception, but it does not cause permanent brain damage, researchers from the University of California at San Diego said on Friday in a study
• The results, published in the July issue of the Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, show thar marijuana has only a marginally harmful long-term effect on learning and memory.
• No effect at all was seen on other functions, including reaction time, attention, language, reasoning ability, and perceptual and motor skills.

• Cannabis May Have Long-Term Benefit for MS

• Marijuana May Grow Neurons in the Brain
• A synthetic cannabinoid -- similar to the compounds found in marijuana, but substantially stronger -- causes the growth of new neurons and reduces anxiety and depression, investigators at the University of Saskatchewan here reported.
• And researchers at the University of Calgary said they've found evidence that the brain contains so-called CB2 cannabinoid receptors, previously seen in immune tissue but thought not to exist in brain tissue. The discovery, they added, could lead to new drugs to treat nausea associated with cancer or AIDS.
• Most so-called drugs of abuse -- such as alcohol or cocaine -- inhibit the growth of new neurons, according to Xia Zhang, M.D., Ph.D., of the University of Saskatchewan.

• The Marijuana Trick

• The active ingredient in marijuana appears to target cancerous brain cells for destruction while leaving healthy cells alone, according to a study conducted by researchers from the Complutense University in Madrid, and published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation.
• After examining the brain tissue under an electron microscope, the researchers discovered that THC treatment resulted in death of cancerous cells but had no effect on healthy ones.
• Cannabis Beneficial for Multiple Sclerosis Patients, Study Finds

• Grass, A Marijuana History - Narrated by Woody Harrelson
• The film places much of the blame for marijuana criminalization on Harry Anslinger (the first American drug czar) who promoted false information about marijuana to the American public as a means towards abolition.
• The film follows the history of federal policies and social attitudes towards marijuana, beginning at the turn of the twentieth century. The history presented is broken up into parts, approximately the length of a decade. Each decade is introduced by paraphrasing the official attitude towards marijuana at the time (e.g. "Marijuana will make you insane" or "Marijuana will make you addicted to heroin"winking smiley, and closed by providing a figure for the amount of money spent during that period on the "war on marijuana."
• The Official TRUTH - If you smoke it, you will Kill people.
• But instead of treating Drug Addiction as a Public Health Problem, the Federal Government put Control of these Drugs in the hands of the Treasury Department who created the Federal Bureau of Narcotics.
• Harry J. Anslinger, Commissioner of Federal Bureau of Narcotics
• Marijuana better than pharmaceuticals at treating chronic pain, improving mood

• Willie Nelson pot possession charge shows ludicrousness of marijuana prohibition

• MARIJUANA IS NOT MEDICINE

• MARIJUANA IS NOT MEDICINE - PART TWO

• MARIJUANA IS NOT MEDICINE - PART THREE - POLITICS OF POT

• Cannabinoids may suppress tumor invasion in highly invasive cancers, according to a study published online December 25 in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
• Cannabinoids, the active components in marijuana, are used to reduce the side effects of cancer treatment, such as pain, weight loss, and vomiting, but there is increasing evidence that they may also inhibit tumor cell growth. However, the cellular mechanisms behind this are unknown.
• Cannabinoids did suppress tumor cell invasion and stimulated the expression of TIMP-1, an inhibitor of a group of enzymes that are involved in tumor cell invasion.
• Cannabis Cures Cancers
• This clip is from the recently-aired PBS documentary, 'Clearing the Smoke: The Science of Cannabis,' which explores the scientifically proven fact that cannabinoids kill cancer cells in test tubes and in laboratory animals.
• Cannabinoid receptors exist throughout organs of the human body, especially in the brain and in the immune system. These act like targets for cannabinoids. Once they bind to the receptors, peptides are released that tell the cancer cells to die, i.e., to commit suicide.
• Almost half of Americans support marijuana legalization

• Politics v. Science: Understanding Cannabis Therapeutics Before it is Censored

• The Illegal Herb that Fights Cancer

• How Cannabis Works: Cannabinoids and the Cannabinoid Receptor System

• Big Pharma attempting to corner the market on medical marijuana

• Marijuana offers strong protective qualities against radiation exposure. Since fewer and fewer people have the financial resources to continually purchase all the helpful things they will need perhaps growing weed in our backyard will offer the public one of the best anti-radiation solutions in the long run. Instead of it being just relaxing it might become very necessary to intake marijuana to increase ones defenses against radiation exposure. Might as well get your brownies ready but one has to be careful about radiation getting into everything, even your marijuana plants, which will actually thrive nicely in radioactive environments.
Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half, a 2007 Harvard Medical School study shows.The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread.

• Four decades of drug war tyranny may come to an end with Ron Paul's new effort to legalize marijuana

• 'Cannabinomics: The Marijuana Policy Tipping Point' Book by Dr. Chris Fichtner

• Feds order California pot dispensaries to shut down - despite being legal under state laws

• The Medical Miracle You'll Get Arrested for Using

• Your Body is Hard-Wired to Respond to Cannabinoids in the Marijuana Plant
• There are more than 60 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids in the marijuana plant. Cannabinoids interact with your body by way of naturally occurring cannabinoid receptors embedded in cell membranes throughout your body. There are cannabinoid receptors in your brain, lungs, liver, kidneys, immune system and more; both the therapeutic and psychoactive properties of marijuana occur when a cannabinoid (such as the THC produced by the cannabis plant) activates a cannabinoid receptor.
• Your body also has naturally occurring endocannabinoids that stimulate your cannabinoid receptors and produce a variety of important physiologic processes, far beyond that of the traditional "highs" associated with THC.
• What is amazing is that your body is actually hard-wired to respond to cannabinoids through this unique cannabinoid receptor system; research is still ongoing on just how extensive their impact is on our health, but to date it's known that cannabinoid receptors play an important role in many body processes, including metabolic regulation, cravings, pain, anxiety, bone growth, and immune function.
• A report by Dr. Manuel Guzman in the journal of Nature Reviews suggests that these active components of cannabis and their derivatives are potential anti-cancer agents:
" … these compounds [cannabinoids] have been shown to inhibit the growth of tumour cells in culture and animal models by modulating key cell-signaling pathways. Cannabinoids are usually well tolerated, and do not produce the generalized toxic effects of conventional chemotherapies."
• A report by the American College of Physicians (ACP) further notes that:
"Marijuana has been smoked for its medicinal properties for centuries. It was in the U.S. Pharmacopoeia until 1942 when it was removed because federal legislation made the drug illegal … Still, the overwhelming number of anecdotal reports on the therapeutic properties of marijuana sparks interest from scientists, health care providers, and patients.
Over the past 20 years, researchers have discovered cannabinoid receptors: CB1, which mediates the central nervous system (CNS), and CB2, which occurs outside the CNS and is believed to have anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive activity.
These scientific developments have revealed much information supporting expansion of research into the potential therapeutic properties of marijuana and its cannabinoids."
• Legalization or Bust: A Brief History of Marijuana Prohibition

• ASA sues Obama Administration for interfering with state, local medical marijuana laws

• Cannabis the Evil Weed - BBC Horizon
• The BBC is the master of deceit. It twists the argument so that Cannabis becomes the enemy in the situation. The people featured as "the victims" their problems are a product of a broken society, not a harmless plant that people have cultivated for hundreds of years. People get addicted and it rules their lives because they have nothing else in their lives, no job, no prospect, no hope. Most psychological problems children face today are due to the vaccinations they had as infants.
• Around 10 minutes they say there might have been the first stoned animal, but what they're not aware of is that Cannabis only contains THC-A which is non psychoactive until decarboxylation turns the acid into the psychoactive form of THC we know.
• At 2:43 when he is talking about his early experiences with cannabis, he says he doesn't like it because he felt like he lost control. When you smoke a lot of weed and get experienced with it, what happens is you get interested in things, sometimes to the point where you transcend your capabilities sober. It's a new level of creativity and intense brain activity, that can be a little hard to tame at first.
• As for your anxiety and paranoia i would suggest a higher CBD to THC ratio since the discovery of US Patent 6630507 shows that the higher ration seems to calm the the conditions you were having. You may wish to try a sativa dominant hybrid since sativas possess high CBD's, though it also depends on the strain and breeding. I prefer canna capsules because it alleviates the symptoms & because the amount is low but concentrated there is no high effects and can be taken like a vitamin.
• Schizophrenia is quite a bit more complicated than that, cannabis itself doesn't produce the schizophrenia but high levels of THC to low canabinoids can generate great activity in canibinoid receptors, you'll find this in indica strains that are good for depression but with people with schiz the anxiety & paranoia aggravate the condition already there, even legitimate anxiety from daily life can increase symptoms. high CBD to THC ratio has been shown to be quite beneficial though.
• Oral Cannabis
• Transdermal Marijuana
• Transdermal medicine is ideal for pain management as well as sports and pediatric medicine. In fact it is one of the best ways to administer medicines quickly and effectively. Transdermal methods of delivery are widely used because they allow the absorption of medicine directly through the skin. Gels, emulsion creams, sprays and lip balm stick applicators are easy to use and are effective in getting medicine into the bloodstream quickly.
• Traditional methods of administering medicine such as tablets or capsules get watered down and become much less effective due to stomach acids and digestive enzymes before they eventually get into the bloodstream. Bypassing the stomach and liver means a much greater percentage of the active ingredient goes straight into the bloodstream where it's needed. In many cases, transdermal methods are used to help avoid potential side effects such as stomach upset or drowsiness. The full potential for transdermal medicine has not been explored by modern medicine though it has been practiced for thousands of years in hot springs around the world.
• Of course the use of magnesium oil for these same effects is also recommended and using topical magnesium and marijuana together in combination is excellent for difficult, stubborn pain. One of the main points for everyone to understand is that when we are thrust back to simpler lives, having access to versatile medicines without cost is important. If the governments would get off their people's backs, marijuana would be legal and virtually free because it's so easily grown.
• It is highly regrettable that the deficiency of such an inexpensive, low-toxicity nutrient like magnesium results in diseases that cause incalculable suffering and expense throughout the world. Dr. Steven Johnson
• Bottom line, when it comes to pain medications that work on the source of pain and disease, there is nothing like magnesium chloride and nothing like cannabinoid medicine. Together they are the Batman and Robin superhero medical team for the world of pain, heavy emotional upset, and the general treatment of disease. Add sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and iodine and you already have a full medical team at your fingertips.
• Hemp Salves and Oils Offer Potent Solutions
• Topical Solution Uses
Arthritis ---------------------------- Pain
Dry/chapped skin ---------------- Rashes
Eczema ---------------------------- Rheumatism
Headaches or migraines --------- Swelling
Insect bites ----------------------- Sunburns
Burns ------------------------------ Stiff neck
Muscle soreness ----------------- Tendonitis
• A Seattle company is reportedly developing a medical marijuana patch for pets, calling it a "question of quality of life." Jim Alekson's Medical Marijuana Delivery Systems, LLC has patented the patch, called Tetracan, and says it could be used on dogs, cats, and even horses. The patch would be available for human use as well. According to Alekson, "Dogs suffer from the same maladies that humans do," and pets can suffer greatly from pain -- everything from arthritis to cancer. He said that harsh pharmaceutical painkillers have proven harmful, sometimes fatal to animals.
• In California an adult may grow, buy and smoke marijuana, all while remaining safely within the confines of state law. Dr. William Courtney tells his patients "Don't smoke the stuff. Eat it!" It won't get you high eaten raw, and juiced with a handful of carrots to cut the bitter taste, its leaves and buds may well offer an important contribution to getting people well.
• Courtney juices carrots to cut the harsh taste of the ingredients largely absent in the psychotropic variety of cannabis.
Pain-relieving
Cannabigerol (CBG)
• Use organic cannabis that does not have any pesticides applied at any point in its life cycle. Dr. Courtney recommends using ten large fan leaves per day in juice, salsa, pesto, salad, etc. If you have access to fresh bud, he recommends one bud/day.
• Cannabinoids and THCA are cleared rapidly from the blood, so frequent consumption of a small amount of juice is ideal. Split the juice into five parts for five divided doses per day.
• Special Note: Part two of this essay Rick Simpson on Hemp Oil and Marijuana Tinctures is coming soon.
• Marijuana smoking, at least at moderate levels, does not harm lungs but actually improves airflow rates and lung capacity.
• Researchers found that although smoking cigarettes or being exposed secondhand smoke decreases lung volume, smoking marijuana has the opposite effect.
• Occasional marijuana use was associated with increases in lung air flow rates and increases in lung capacity. Those increases were not large, but they were statistically significant. And the data showed that even up to moderately high-use levels -- one joint a day for seven years -- there is no evidence of decreased air-flow rates or lung volumes.
• U. of Alabama: Health Impacts of Cannabis Smoke
• Using marijuana carries legal risks, but the consequences of occasionally lighting up do not include long-term loss of lung function, according to a new study by University of Alabama at Birmingham researchers published in the January 11, 2012, issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association.
• The Power of RAW Cannabis.

• The Power of RAW Cannabis is Turning Heads

• Cannabis smokers show greater lung capacity and lower cancer levels than non-smokers

• Alcohol - not marijuana - is the gateway drug, study shows

• United Nations Moves to Impose International Treaties On States Legalizing Marijuana

• George Carlin On Drugs And Marijuana
• Where the Drugs are concerned and Alcohol - they do seem to Open a Window for you - they do seem to Broaden the Vistas, at first. The thing you have to do is learn when, you know, it’s like all of these great writers who became drinkers - you have to sort of, I find like with Pot, I’m not a big Drug User any more, but I have always a joint somewhere near me. It might be hidden and what I do and I hardly touch it - maybe once a month - that would be frequent for me - but when I’m writing something and I write perfectly straight, perfectly sober and I write a whole lot of stuff - 6, 7, 8, 9 pages and I really pour it out, the next day - 1 hit - that’s all I need now - 1 hit and it’s PUNCH UP TIME - time to get this thing going. And you do find - with that sort of judicious use - I do find there is some value in it. But most of the things we use won’t let you leave them alone - they don’t - but Pot does - thank goodness for that.
• And that is a Values Changing Drug - Hallucinogens are a Value Changer, so is Marijuana - like it or not - it Changes your Values - it Opens Up Windows - Doors of Perception Aldous Huxley called them and you see things differently and I suddenly was able to see my place and to realize I was in the wrong place.
• The last comment about seeing his place and being in the wrong place had to do with GC being 30 years old and he stopped appealing to the 40 year olds and went after the 20 year olds who could understand him and that’s what made him a success and it was the Hallucinogens and the Marijuana that helped him see the light.
• The human brain contains an extensive network of special receptor sites that modulate nervous system function only when activated by the appropriate cannabinoid compounds, many of which are found in abundance in the marijuana plant. And emerging research continues to uncover the unique role these cannabinoids play in protecting brain function, which in turn helps deter the aging process and even reverse the damaging effects of Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia and cognitive abnormality.
• One of the latest discoveries concerning cannabinoids involves their ability to act as antioxidants in the brain. Researchers from Germany found that the brain's cannabinoid system is fully capable of not only cleansing damaged brain cells from the brain, but also triggering the production of new brain cells within the brain, a concept that contradicts years of conventional thinking about how the brain works. Cannabinoids also supercharge mitochondria in the brain, which are the powerhouses of energy that maintain proper cell function.
• Published in the journal Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, these discoveries shed new insight on how natural marijuana cannabinoids hold the capacity to literally quell the brain inflammation responsible for causing cognitive decline, neural failure, and brain degeneration. By supplying these receptor sites with cannabinoids, patients may be able to overcome brain conditions like Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, and many other conditions, not to mention premature brain aging, all conditions for which modern science has failed to find real solutions.
• "I've been trying to find a drug that will reduce brain inflammation and restore cognitive function in rats for over 25 years; cannabinoids are the first and only class of drugs that have ever been effective," said Gary Wenk, a professor of neuroscience, immunology and medical genetics at Ohio State University (OSU) who helped with the research. "I think that the perception about this drug is changing and in the future people will be less fearful," he added, referencing the fact that marijuana is still viewed mostly negatively by many people.
• Marijuana cannabinoids help restore the body's own natural cellular abilities
• Ever since researchers first discovered the existence of cannabinoid receptor systems in rat brains back in 1988, independent scientists largely unconcerned with the stigma of marijuana have been gradually forming a piecemeal understanding of how the system works, and how cannabinoids can help prevent and reverse all sorts of chronic conditions that result from a lack of these important compounds. Today, marijuana research is moving forward more strongly than ever, and this taboo plant is finally receiving proper recognition as the medical "superfood" that it truly is.
• "Cannabis actually goes upstream, it provides feedback from the postsynaptic nerve to the presynaptic nerve, which is unheard of in neural chemistry," explains Dr. William Courtney, founder of the Cannabis International Foundation (CIF), which is actively working to consolidate all available and relevant science on marijuana's medical uses for the purpose of promoting a reformation in health maintenance, restoration, and wellness around the world.
• "The phytocannabinoids from this plant augment the body's attempt to restore an increased function to a normal level. So [marijuana cannabinoids] mimic the regulatory system of cellular physiology."
• Obama Administration Has Spent Nearly $300 Million Cracking Down On Medical Marijuana: Report

• More on Marijuana: Dr. Cousens’ Response to Questions on Emerging Cannabis Research

• Dr. Sanjay Gupta apologizes, admits cannabis is a healing plant that should be legalized

• Pharmaceutical Strength Marijuana: The Future of Cancer Treatment?

• Pet owners increasingly using medical marijuana to help their pets feel better

• American Herbal Pharmacopoeia releases cannabis monograph legitimizing herb as botanical medicine

• Marijuana protects your brain

• Cannabidiol May Protect Neurons From Oxygen Deficits

• Delayed treatment with cannabidiol has a cerebroprotective action via a cannabinoid receptor-independent myeloperoxidase-inhibiting mechanism.

• Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta9-THC) prevents cerebral infarction via hypothalamic-independent hypothermia.

• Medical marijuana: study shows that THC slows atherosclerosis

• Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

• Stroke

• The Benefits of Medical Cannabis

• Medical cannabis proves miraculous for terminally-ill pets

• Why Weed? The US Government Patented It
• Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##
1. Cannabis kills Tumor cells
2. Cannabis Cures Colorectal Cancer
3. Cannabis Cures Uterine, Testicular, and Pancreatic Cancers
4. Cannabis-derived substances in cancer therapy and anti-tumour properties.
5. Cannabis Cures Brain Cancer
6. Cannabis Cures Mouth and Throat Cancer
7. Cannabis Cures Breast Cancer
8. Cannabis Cures Lung Cancer
9. Cannabis Cures Prostate Cancer
10. Cannabis Cures Blood Cancer
11. Cannabis Cures Skin Cancer
12. Cannabis Cures Liver Cancer
13. Cannabis Cures Cancer in General
Cannabinoids in intestinal inflammation and cancer:
14. Cannabis use and cancer of the head and neck: Case-control study:
15. Cannabis THC at high doses in area, inhibits cholangiocarcinoma cancer:
16. Targeting CB2 cannabinoid receptors as a novel therapy to treat malignant lymphoblastic disease
17. Marijuana kills cancer cells
18. Cannabis Treatment in Leukemia
19. Cannabinoids and the immune system.
20. Cannabis partially/fully induced cell death in Cancer
Cannabis treatment of translocation-positive rhabdomyosarcoma
21. Cannabis Induces apoptosis of uterine cervix cancer cells
22. Cannabis treatment in lymphoma
23. Cannibals kills cancer cells
24. Cannibals regulator of Neural Cell Development
25. Cannibals treatment of Melanoma
26. Cannibals treatment for Thyroid Carcinoma
Cannibals treatment in Colon Cancer
27. Cannabinoids in intestinal inflammation and cancer.
28. Cannabinoids in health and disease
29. Cannibals a neuroprotective after brain injury
30. Cannibals inhibits Cancer Cell Invasion
• What is Lupus?

• More Helpful Medical Marijuana & Lupus Resources:

• Treating Lupus with Cannabis
• Angie has lupus. Born and raised in Oklahoma, she moved to California for the protection of their medical marijuana laws after discovering that cannabis resolved her symptoms better than the legal immunosuppressants and steroids. “I decided to treat lupus with cannabis because I was on methotrexate,” Angie told us. “I ended up getting pulmonary fibrosis from the methotrexate.” Alarmingly, methotrexate is known to carry this risk along with many other adverse effects.
• Relief of pain and inflammation are two commonly recognized therapeutic properties of cannabis, so its ability to treat lupus effectively is not surprising. “Cannabis seems to be the only safe, natural, and effective treatment that exists for lupus,” Angie says. “The key to treating lupus with cannabis is high levels of CBD orally ingested daily. Capsules seem to be the most convenient but can be difficult to locate.” Angie also juices the leaves of her homegrown CBD-rich strains to keep the lupus symptoms in check.
• 46 comments
• I have been diagnosed with Lupus for 12 years now. I was 16 when I was first diagnosed. I was diagnosed with Lupus nephritis shortly after. The doctors put me on plaquenil and prednisone. One doctor even tried to put me on chemo pills for my kidneys. By 18 years old, I stopped taking all pharmaceuticals and started using cannabis. I have been in remission ever since. No one believed me at first. My mother was so angry with me because she thought I was harming myself. She is now a believer. It works!
• Honestly, I couldn't say how much. I have edibles, tinctures and I smoke. I just listen to my body. Some days you'll need more than others.
• I have been dx with Lupus 1980's. I have started using cannabis for pain inflammation and sleep. What I knew about cannabis was from the '60's - 70's young and partying. What I know now, has given me a real respect for the herb and its healing properties. I have been on so many different drugs for Lupus. I became sicker on the legal prescribed medications and the complications of them were so dangerous for me. I decided to try a natural approach and I did a lot of research on medical cannabis. POSITIVES: I am only on 3 medications right now. I tried 2 different types of cannabis. One made me high really fast and gave me waves of rush feeling this made me nauseous, I did not like how I felt. The other was much calmer with a steady relaxing effect that helps me sleep and is more effective than any pain narcotic I have ever been on. I noticed too that it opens my lungs and breathing is not labored I feel relief. Since my goal isn't to get high but to treat symptoms I prefer the more relaxing strains. I enjoying cooking with it as well. Cannabis for me is the better choice it works well without side effects or hang over you can get from narcotics. I do not feel like that real drugged feeling you get with pain meds. I feel content and at peace. Another plus for me is my gastro-intestinal is very much affected by lupus, Cannabis is the only thing that doesn't constipate me. Hope this is helpful. One day my State will make it legal until that day I'll get by with a little help from my friends.
• I had SLE for 22yrs. Marijuana helps my pain so much. It’s not legal here either but all my Dr's know I smoke and don't say anything about it. I take medicine also. Sarah I just now in July had my first seizure. I still have 2 get an EEG to see if it was a 1 time thing or could I keep having problems.
• I have SLE Lupus/Fibromyalgia/MCTD/RA/OA and the list goes on. I wake up hurting and stiff and go to sleep the same way. It's pretty much 24/7/365...Marijuana (when I am lucky enough to have some) does ease my pain and it works better than the Ultram I am prescribed. Cannabis is illegal in my state but it works and WORKS GREAT so it's a chance I have to take.
• I was on 52 meds a day. I stopped all of them and just use cannabis. I feel so much better. Not groggy all the time like I was on all those meds. Cannabis has really helped me!
• Lucky for us, we heard about Rick Simpson Oil which so many people have testified to have cure their cancer within some period of time. Got connected with a lot of people and was then recommended to Dr. Rick for procurement of Hemp Oil medication. It is with Great joy from my heart and that of my wife that we want to inform you all that my colon cancer and urinary tract infection my wife Trina Ovarian cancer has been cured within the Treatment period of 4 months. We got our medication from Dr. Rick who was recommended to us by several people that cannabis oil from him, so also am recommending you all to procure you Rick Simpson cannabis oil from him, contact: rickcancercure1954@gmail.com . we are now a happy family with total unity and love in us. don’t allow this diseases to ruin the joy of your life, Hemp oil is the Best medication ever and i was opportune to meet Dr. Rick and Rick Simpson in Person: get your Cannabis Medication now and start healing yourself, contact Dr. Rick once more on: rickcancercure1954@gmail.com Thanks to you Dr. and Rick Simpson for all the help that was rendered to me and my jewel family. Dr. in conjunction with Rick Simpson Saved my family. Thanks, so many Thanks to you both, gratitude is indeed in my heart. Thanks. Best Regards, morgan
• I have SLE lupus and am just learning about lupus and I stay in pain my joints are hurting I break out with rashes the weed relieves a lot of my pain and allow me to get some rest
• I have a question, I usually take edibles and I have cbd oil i take for my SLE and lupus nephritis. I hardly smoke because I was hospitalized for experiencing lung hemorrhaging. My question is, does anyone know if that was caused because of smoking cannabis while I was experiencing a flareup? My last flare up was January... 15, 2014. Today is September 28, 2014. I was thinking of waiting 2 years since I've had a flare-up to smoke again and I will be cautious and not do it often. Does anyone know anything about that and if you could please get me a link to a page or a few pages that have information regarding this issue? Thank you!
• I'm 35yrs old and I have SLE and severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. Kidneys already went through the beginning stages of renal failure, heart rate was so low too. MY problem is how much I really need to be free of medications period. I have to smoke daily along with ingesting anywhere from 2-3 GRAMS of RSHO a day. I actually don't feel very 'medicated' after 2hrs into my first gram and about three to four hours after that comes the next gram. It REALLY scares me that I can operate totally coherent and all...ON THIS MUCH CANNABIS. Wow....I can't afford my 'cure'. Not even when grams are 35 dollars each. No hope for this chick who's disabled. sad smiley
• I was diagnosed with Lupus last year. It has caused CNS issues and one seizure as well as serious joint issues. I am 36 and am getting my first joint replacement in the new year. I use edibles and am trying to find strains that are good for Lupus. Any suggestions (even though I know it works differently for everyone).
• I was diagnosed with Lupus last year. It has caused CNS issues and one seizure as well as serious joint issues. I am 36 and am getting my first joint replacement in the new year. I use edibles and am trying to find strains that are good for Lupus. Any suggestions (even though I know it works differently for everyone).
• Wow where do I start. I have been recently diagnosed with lupus on 7-16-2014. My doctors had a belief about it a few years ago but finally it’s confirmed. I have always found relief with marijuana and can already see since taking the new meds (omperazole for the digestive system, hydroxychloroquine 200mg, and prednisone 10mg) that it’s still the best result for comfort. Hopefully Florida can add lupus on as a waiver for people who really need it. I'm am a 1000% sure that marijuana is and could be the best medication for lupus. It does work on joint pain I am positive. Thanks for letting me express myself towards this.
• Hi I’ve been trying to find help with the cbd for my wife how who I get a hold of the strong cbd for her lupus.
• I don't have lupus, but I have rheumatoid arthritis, another autoimmune disease. Cannabis has helped more than methotrexate, steroids, narcotics, countless other DMARDs... the only thing that has helped as much is enbrel.
• Instead of smoking, eat ??? bake and cook with the product
• 3 years ago i gave up Cannabis 3 years ago i contracted Rheumatoid Arthritis , i wonder if there is a link ?
• You probably had it before but Cannabis was treating it so you didn't know lol
• Smoked cannabis for many years, 3 months after I gave up, I became crippled with lupus and RA. Symptoms have improved since taking antimalarial drugs - but they have unwanted side effects - Felt much better when I smoked
• I have SLE and cannabis works for me. It is difficult to attain medical marijuana patient status in my state as Lupus is not one of the recognized diseases.
• Yanet Ortiz Hello Yanet, my name is Bernard Foster and my company "Comfy Tree", manufactures and sells CBD oils to several patients, holistic and medical centers throughout the country.
• Lupus and Medical Marijuana
• Medical Marijuana's affect on Lupus
• Medical Marijuana can effectively treat many of the symptoms of Lupus with no harmful side effects.
• PhoenixTears.ca
• Rick Simpson Oil
• Rick Simpson Message

• Marijuana may be even safer than previously thought, researchers say

• Biologist explains how marijuana causes tumor cells to commit suicide

…End of File Preview…

Date: March 08, 2015 09:20PM

Thank you so much, John, I'll go through this information and let you know.
So far, my mom just told me that they are following the compilation info I sent her, as they are doing the Lent and she said they really felt like eating all plant-based. She didn't say if all raw or some cooked, but it's great that no animal products are involved. I hope they continue eating this way after the 40 days of Lent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 09, 2015 12:54AM

Dear Ela,

Sorry to hear about your father.

I do believe that going plant-based increases the chances of recovery. Hydrating, nutrients-rich plants are wonderful, no doubt. A healthy body can thrive on these, and a sick body has a better chance of healing. There are other things that are important too, which have to do with looking after the mind and the soul. An attitude is a big factor. Loving family and peaceful environment too.

Take care,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: March 09, 2015 11:38AM

Thank you so much, Gosia, for your kind words.
Yes, my father is a very peaceful person, he is praying a lot and having a lot of faith, trying to stay positive and have an optimistic view on the whole situation. Actually, he is the one encouraging my mom (who is too overwhelmed right now).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: March 10, 2015 03:22PM

Something to be concerned about if your father elects to have surgery, is the relationship between anesthesia and Alzheimer's. You may want to do research to find out the best anesthetic.

Cognitive Problems Following Anesthesia

Anesthesia and Dementia

Can General Anesthesia Trigger Dementia?

Anyone over 60 should avoid having an operation, if possible. A friend of mine in her 40's even had difficulty with her memory for months after an ovary operation. Another friend's father in his 80's lost much of his memory after surgery and ended up in a nursing home and soon died.

Peter Falk had attributed his acceleration of dementia to anesthesia for dental procedures.

[drjulialewis.com]

Date: March 19, 2015 11:32AM

My dad had the surgery yesterday at around 12:30 pm, it lasted until around 4 pm I believe, it was a successful surgery, no complications. The doctor had to remove 2 lobes of the right lung, so it remained only the larger lobe. The doctor said that he had to remove both lobes as he found a nodule in the second lobe, so he couldn't risk letting it in there, because it might've been infected as well. He said that the cancer hasn't spread indeed, but that there is the chance that sick cells could develop (or could already exist unnoticed) in the rest of the lungs. So he advised for few sessions of chemotherapy anyway. But my mom doesn't want this, however she will make a decision on that soon, she is thinking about what is the right thing to do. On one hand, she can't risk for the cells to develop and spread, on the other hand she doesn't want my dad to have chemotherapy just as a prevention measure.

She told me that they started heavily on different juices and fresh fruits and veggies (though not exclusively, I believe), she wants to help my dad from different directions: diet, natural supplements and conventional procedures. She hopes that all these three will help my dad. And there's of course the fourth and most important direction: the prayers.

I'm waiting for more news today, my mom is going to see the doctor and my dad, yesterday he was sleepy and dizzy and weak after the surgery, and still under the effect of anesthesia, hopefully she can talk to my dad today. He will still be in the hospital for about 4 days or so, yesterday he was still in the Intensive Care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2015 11:33AM by Ela2013.

Date: March 19, 2015 02:03PM

Thanks for the update, Ela. It sounds like your mother is both smart and intuitive so your father is lucky. I will continue prying for your father's complete recovery and that he may he have access to enough lung cleaning carrot juice to turn his palms orange.

Date: March 19, 2015 02:31PM

Ela2013, good luck. Not too long ago, doctors performed lobotomies on people that suffered from epilepsy or mental problems. Their success rate then was higher than the success rate that doctors have now on treating cancer with chemo. Chemo therapy is a coctail with all the different chemical weapons they have. Sounds barbaric and secondary cancers appear as the chemicals attack the DNA and cause heavy mutations long term.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 19, 2015 06:00PM

Ela, I hope for the best with your father.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2015 06:01PM by banana who.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:41AM

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables