Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Alissa Cohen - Thoughts & Experience
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 22, 2007 06:55AM

Juliano is why I AM RAW TODAY..yes..so I am grateful..

I thought he was so hot 5 years ago..but lately , well he looks a little over tanned and too thin

My friend worked for him and he didn't pay her for 3 months..but every restaurant has casualties like that , I heard alot of other raw food restaurants had times where they couldn't pay workers for weeks..so I guess its ok..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 22, 2007 09:37AM

I once read about a study on monkeys who were given a choice: having a nice meal or seeing a photo of a dominant monkey. Apparently, the second option seemed to be the favorite, even if it meant staying hungry.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: January 22, 2007 01:18PM

Brian and Maria Clement is around 75% Raw, that is true. I'm not sure, but Maria seems to have done some plastic surgery, I dunno.. sad smiley

We're good friends and I've seen her face. She feels good i her "energy" when you meet her tho.

Haven't everybody felt this feeling of people that have for a longer time or are eating live food? It's like they are good people, nice to be with.

What do you think?

Posted by: Applered ()
Date: January 22, 2007 03:28PM

Can anybody tell me why Matthew Kenney is not vegan anymore? Is he still raw? Thanks!

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: January 22, 2007 03:36PM

You can do some research online about Matthew Kenney. there are some articles about him that I found after meeting Sarma and chatting with her a bit.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: January 22, 2007 03:38PM

I watched the rest of the Tyra video, showing the outcomes of the various diets.

Over all I think Alissa came out best for a variety of reasons:

1) Alissa was the nicest of the three and happiest, most relaxed, present and giving. She didn't look buff and fit, and didn't dress well, but her overall affect is much better. The health comes through via the happiness and genuine-ness of her wish to help others. That was a great contrast to the other 'experts' who came off as competitive and nasty. Very impressive.

2) The ladies tasting her food and saying how good it is. You see the surprise on their faces as they sample this raw weird food they are expecting not to like, and they like it.

3) The one lady who followed the raw diet lost 38 pounds and gave a great testimonial saying she never felt so good and it has changed her life.

I still think Alissa would benefit from spiffing up her wardrobe and hair if she's going to be on camera. She looks sloppy and puffy, on camera anyway. I'm sure there are image consultants who can help with just that sort of thing. Alissa's great at what she does and would have an even greater impact, on TV anyhow, if she cleaned up how she appears on camera.

Date: January 22, 2007 03:53PM

Morrison-I can't find the info and I'm so curious....

Date: January 22, 2007 03:56PM

just google him and look at his history and see what's happened to his life and what's going on now.. and just kinda read between the lines... it's ok though.. people come and go all the time

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 22, 2007 09:58PM

I found this. I'm speechless. Poor Sarma.

[www.timeout.com]

Date: January 22, 2007 11:17PM

arugula..

yep

Posted by: pdx kris ()
Date: January 23, 2007 11:37PM

I agree that her wardrobe choices were unflattering, especially on the first episode, but Alissa is NOT fat, she's a body builder. Personally, I do not find this body type the most attractive, but calling her fat is absurd.

Scroll down to her after pictures and see where she's flexing her biceps in that sports bra. She's all muscle:

[www.alissacohen.com]

Date: January 23, 2007 11:57PM

Many of the things she said were absurd, especially in context of her own body issues (calories don't count, you can eat whatever you want, etc.).

I won't elaborate on her appearance, I did not think it was good and I'll leave it at that.

I also felt she should have been more forthright in addressing the B12 issue.

Posted by: nik ()
Date: January 24, 2007 12:05AM

rawrnr Wrote:

> Where are all the healthy looking, fit, active raw
> role models...
> We need THESE people in the mainstream
>
> Go to this site!!
>
> [www.runraw.org]
>
> THIS is the kind of person we need promoting our
> diet and lifestyle to the mainstream..

Tim is gorgeous and healthy! He should be on TV, but he is making a documentary on raw food and running. Here is an interview with him - [gliving.tv]

I agree that there need to be more athletic personal trainers promoting and representing the lifestyle. But Alissa is on to something of marketing it as a weight loss program. A lot more people are motivated and interested in that then in the health aspects of a natural whole vegan diet.

I like the people on Alissa's forum but I don't like her forum policies. They without saying anything deleted a post of mine just because I said that I had a hard time keeping weight on on 100% raw and felt more comfortable on high raw. They censor and filter everything to make sure it is 100% positive and favorable towards Alissa and towards a 100% raw diet, even people's real experiences!

You won't find anything on her forum that questions about the fat content of the recipes or anyone not liking that high fat of a diet, cause they delete all of those kinds of posts. It's pretty rude actually and misrepresents the success!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 24, 2007 12:27AM

This is video of Alissa Cohen on the Tyra Banks show from Jan 17

[www.alissacohen.com]

Mike

Date: January 24, 2007 01:08AM

Mike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is video of Alissa Cohen on the Tyra Banks
> show from Jan 17
>
> [www.alissacohen.com]
> tml
>
> Mike

That black girl on raw looks way better than Tyra (course that's not saying much).

I felt bad for the one who didn't lose the weight/stick with the diet.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 24, 2007 01:13AM

I say _ Yay!!!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: January 24, 2007 01:40AM

coconutcream Wrote:
> Alissa is talented, but not very thin,

It's bad to not be "very thin"?

> I have seen
> her, very big butt and thighs for a raw food
> woman.

You talk like having a big butt is a bad thing???

Men like big butts. God bless those essential fatty asses... I mean acids. Three cheers for T&A!!!

Date: January 24, 2007 06:12AM

Here's a neat interview with Alissa after the show:

[tinyurl.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 25, 2007 08:10PM

I apologize for calling Alissa "BIG"

you know I am not in this to hurt other people. For all I know she could have read this thread and have been hurt.

We all have photos where we look like demons, even raw and beautiful..we all have days, and struggles..all of us.

I was critical, well, I am dealing with a big breakup and well, I am critical of myself and hold my self to high standards..and I get into mean moods..morose and judging..

I am sorry..

Date: January 25, 2007 09:39PM

Coconut,
That's nice of you to apologize.
I really hope Alissa did not read this thread because it could of been very hurtful.
I think she is a great person!

Posted by: D'vorah ()
Date: January 25, 2007 09:40PM

Coconutcream, I'm sorry you are having a tough time of it right now.

Sending healing thoughts your way, and prayers if you want them.

Blessings,

Deborah

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: January 25, 2007 09:43PM

Sorry, but enough of you.

I am very pleased with whom I am, what I do, the way I live and love. I have a very blessed and blissed life, one of so much happiness I can barely contain myself sometimes. Thus, my ability many times to read your ABUSE and simply let it slide.

You Arugula are much too diffcult to have to read or therefore, interact with.

LOOK IN THE MIRROR. I SAID WHAT I DID BECAUSE APPARENTLY IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO KNOCK YOU OFF OF YOUR PERPETUAL KALI PEDESTAL.

Enough Arugula, truly enough. Unfortuantely, you seem to believe since you contribute you have the right to CRITICIZE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. Why can you not simply contribute and if you really do KNOW of something that could be harmful to someone, then please contribute. But to time and again speculate about SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT is an abuse of power. None of us deserve it.

I do hope you can stop the "pointing blame" game long enough to SEE AND KNOW YOUR WORLD IS PRECISELY WHAT YOU CREATE. My reaction to you was exactly as it was supposed to be; KALI IN RESPONSE TO YOUR CONSTANT KALI. I do hope you will be able as you move forward to manifest many more of her more positive attributes.

Just returned from a five day Shaman and Sacred Sexualilty Conference here in Santa Fe. I can safely say with more than 300 people present, I MET NOT ONE ANYWHERE NEAR YOU AS YOU PRESENT YOURSELF on this board too often.

Try some real, juicy, deep, heart-fire.

Blissed be, Annie

Anne Kaspar
C.A.P.H

Date: January 25, 2007 11:24PM

bodybyblis Wrote:
> Sorry, but enough of you.

[snip]

Anne,

Maybe my 'take offense' meter is set too low, but couldn't find anything defamatory or offensive in Argula's posts. S/he's forthright and direct, but I find that refreshing not offensive. Are you sure you haven't confused her posts with someone else's?

And I have to say, this tickled me:

> Just returned from a five day Shaman and Sacred
> Sexualilty Conference here in Santa Fe. I can
> safely say with more than 300 people present, I
> MET NOT ONE ANYWHERE NEAR YOU AS YOU PRESENT
> YOURSELF on this board too often.
>

I reminds me of a conversation I overheard a few years ago. A woman on a retreat was talking on the phone to her fiance and was overheard saying this, angrily, into the phone: "I've just had a deep spiritual awakening of universal love, so you better not f&** with me!"

Posted by: JGex ()
Date: January 25, 2007 11:31PM

greenie Wrote:
but
> couldn't find anything defamatory or offensive in
> Argula's posts. S/he's forthright and direct, but
> I find that refreshing not offensive.

Same here.

*shrug*

Judy

Date: January 26, 2007 12:11AM

coconut,

would you mind if I emailed you about some stuff? I've read your blog and have read what you've written here... it has meant something to me honestly and I'm not completely sure what it is. Yet I feel it's extremely important to respect your privacy and your situation. In other words I don't feel like it's acceptable to just randomly email you or contact you like I did regarding the calendar.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: January 26, 2007 12:20AM

Arugula:

Personally, I like finding your posts on this board. You are always so well informed and you never put anything out there that you haven't put a lot of thought into. You get to the point, and don't hesitate to correct anyone if you think they are wrong, in a very direct but not in an offensive way. Sometimes there is more information than I can process, but I would far rather leave a little bit unread than have less than the complete information and not have the choice.

Thank you very much for all that you contribute, and I hope you continue!

I can't understand the negativity here.

Sapphire

Date: January 26, 2007 12:36AM

Wow, I guess there are a lot of people here who take offense at application of the scientific method.

Date: January 26, 2007 07:44PM

that was not a blissful and blessed response to arugula... that was harsh and judgemental... kind of like a really fat person ordering a large pizza and diet soda to lose weight... anyway.. I hope you feel better after getting that off your chest, sincerely. However next time will you please try to be considerably nicer?

thanks,
Matt

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 26, 2007 11:05PM

Did anyone who watched the Tyra Banks show notice that Tyra got on the scale and behaved like she was going to give her weight to the audience and then didn't? Why should a beautiful waman feel ashamed to tell her weight?

Date: January 27, 2007 12:33AM

Fat is an obsession in this culture. Ridiculous.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables