Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Introduction
Posted by: Dr Mom ()
Date: February 11, 2007 09:36PM

Hi. My name is Tina and I am a Naturopathic Physician in Florida. I am about 60-70% raw. I struggle with chocolate and hot foods especially when it is cold out. I look forward to finding some support here and reaching my goal of 100% raw. I am also a major emotional eater.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Introduction
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 11, 2007 10:06PM

Dr Mom,

Welcome to rawfoodsupport. When I was transitioning to raw foods, I too had a difficult time with cold weather and cold food. One thing that helps is allowing food to come to room temperature rather than eating it a refrigerator temperatures. Also, warming your raw soups in a pot and keeping the temperature under 100 degrees helps.

Check out the thread called "emotional bingeing!! for some tips on emotional eating.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 12, 2007 06:06PM

Hi Tina, so nice to have a Naturpathic Physician heresmiling smiley Ok..won't bother you with bunch of holistic questions..yetsmiling smiley

Oh..chocolate..my fav! I was at a raw pot luck and someone made this wonderful raw candy..it was chocolate on one side and mint on the other side..all raw, very dilish!

It was the Portland, Oregon raw food pot-luck..you can find them at meetup.com if you do a search..can't recall their website url.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 12, 2007 06:25PM

There are great raw food groups in Miami, Pembroke Pines, Melbourne & here in Avon Park, FL...where I am at. Just drop me a line at davidzanemason@hotmail.com if I can be of any assistance.

-David Z. Mason

Date: February 12, 2007 11:54PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!I am enjoying reading here.

I am in New Port Richey and I just hosted our first raw potluck at my wellness center. We had 37 last month. The next one is on the 21st. I am learning and growing through these experiences.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 13, 2007 07:23AM

dr mom.

you had THIRTY SEVEN raw potlucks last month?

awowowowowowowwowowo!!

busssy!
hee heee ..

i wanna go!

Date: February 13, 2007 12:13PM

lol, I should have been more clear. We had 37 people at last months potluck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables