Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"Eating" the documentary
Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: February 25, 2007 11:00PM

Has anyone here seen Eating The RAVE diet documentary???

I saw it the other nite and was totally blown away. I cannot imagine how after seeing this anyone would want to ever eat an animal based diet!

The first part talks about how our eating habits are a form of assisted suicide. How all of our health problems are related to our diets. And the increase in all illnesses is correlated to our recent increase in the past 100 years of animal products into our diets. They also compare the milk industry propoganda (milk does a body good) to the old-fashioned smoking ads where smoking was advertised as being good for our health and endorsed by doctors. Doctors talk about their training--how they are only trained in only treating symptoms and administering medications--and not preventing illness. They discuss how the food pyramid is grossly inaccurate and completely manipulated by lobbyists for the meat & dairy industries. How people who "follow" these health pyramids to a tee still get cancers, heart disease, etc. The protein & calcium myths are also discussed in depth as well.

The second half--talks about the treatment of animals in slaughterhouses. How 90% of farm animals have cancer and how all meats & milk products contain e coli. Includes statements by meat inspectors who say that they will never allow meat in their houses ever again and that the public should not consume meat. An they even talk about the future of our meat industry..with genetically engineered chickens that do not have beaks, feathers, wings, or legs. And how the consumption of animals is causing the destruction of our entire environment by food & water demands, waste pollution, deforestation for farming etc.

I really recommend everyone to watch this if they haven't and to show this to friends and family members who eat animal products. This video includes a lot of footage with doctors...so it may really win people over an open their eyes to what is going on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Eating" the documentary
Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: February 25, 2007 11:09PM

I watched it and bought three more copies to give to friends. They, in turn, bought copies to give to friends. It's powerful stuff, and I'm so glad it's getting around!

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 25, 2007 11:21PM

Where can I get a copy?

Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: February 25, 2007 11:53PM

I ordered it here: [www.ravediet.com]

Date: February 26, 2007 01:01AM

you can get it off amazon too. But ravediet.com offers a "pay it forward" deal where you can get several of them in bulk for about $7.

I don't like his RAVE diet website though. It seems like it is promoting some sort of fad diet. I forgot what RAVE stands for but it is simply a diet free of refined foods & animal products.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 27, 2007 01:04AM

wow thanks for posting that minou, sounds really interesting!!

Posted by: James Smith ()
Date: February 27, 2007 02:48AM

What are the basic features of the diet?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 27, 2007 04:33AM

whatever it is
it sounds really BASIC

but rawfoods is basic too,
its basically food that is raw

Date: February 27, 2007 04:41AM

I dont know.. but its no refined foods, no animal products, no vegetable oils..

the documentary is less focused on selling this type of diet. The entire video simply promotes a plant-based diet. Any raw foodist should be pleased with it.

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: March 11, 2007 01:29AM

I bought 10 copies of the video "Eating" from ravediet.com to pass on to family and friends. It is phenomenal and if you're thinking of buying it, do. The video does not actually say much about the specifics of the Rave Diet. But it does give plenty of support for a raw vegan diet from many different perspectives, including health, animal rights and environmental. When people ask me why I'm raw vegan, I hate to be caught short without facts and figures (I have a pretty analytical group of friends). I've definitely done my research but it's just too much to remember. This video put's all of the information in one place. And if someone is really interested, I can give them a copy of the video. It's great!

Pam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables