Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

whey and soy protein shakes?
Posted by: marhar ()
Date: April 12, 2007 04:36PM

Hello hope you all are well and enjoying life!

I have a question about whey and soy protein shakes...
I am mostly raw and juice and do wheat grass, but I also have been drinking whey protein shakes made of organic whey protein powder and then mixed with flax seeds and other living food powders and vitamins and ginseng.
I know the whey is not raw or vegan, but I do a lot of yoga and am trying to build muscle so as to advance to some difficult moves that require a lot of strength. I drink the whey as a supplemant to my raw food diet based on it's claim to be great for building muscle in athletes.

So far I haven't come across many negatives about whey...
can anyone shed some light on this issue?
I'd like to hear anything concerning whey and it's effects on the body at a nutritional/vibrational/spiritual, etc. level.

Thanks very much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: whey and soy protein shakes?
Posted by: Shellbi ()
Date: April 12, 2007 11:35PM

No negatives on whey, other than some whey protein mixes contain artificial sweeteners and other questionable ingredients like maltitol, also some artifical flavors. Watch out.

Also, AVOID SOY AT ALL COSTS !!!! Maybe whole soy is okay, like tamari or miso, but soy shakes ??? Processed warped molecular hormone-skewering stuff.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2007 11:45PM

i read somewhere in a bodybuilding magazine that soy has estrogen enhancing properties .. which from a bodybuilding perspective is exactly the oposite of what you want to build muscle when your needing testosterone

kinda seems like a take 1 step forward 2 steps back manouver to me

far as whey , try and find a source thats as natural as possible yep ..all the other crap they add ot it is bad

oh and talk to flex4life or frutarian1 on this site .. thems guys got muscles !

im pretty sure they dont supplement with that stuff ..

nothing beats good old fashioned hard working exercise smiling smiley

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: April 13, 2007 05:28AM

you got that right Jgunn!take care-taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: mjhednrik ()
Date: April 13, 2007 03:45PM

marhar

I have been working out every day several years now and the best protein food imo beside the greens and veggies is spirulina and I'm 99% raw for 4 years now.

It's protein is very digesteable and you need it around 20grams per day.

Soy is not very recommend. You can find many articles about soy and the hype it has created.

check www.mercola.com

I feel smashing!

MJH

Posted by: shellydj75 ()
Date: April 19, 2007 01:37PM

I have to do whey protien everyday due to a gastric bypass surgery I had 7 years ago.... I get 100% whey at GNC, though I know it contains artificial sweeteners... Anyone know where to get straight organic whey?

Good to know that I can still incorporate my whey into raw life! whew....

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 19, 2007 03:22PM

All,

This is a vegan forum, and discussion of animal products (whey) is not appropriate for this forum.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables