Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: juicing is totaly natural
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 22, 2007 10:41PM

ELNATURAL'S LOL FUNNY PAPER
FIRST EDITION

3 Breathairins decided to go to the local breatharian "JUICE BAR"

After studiing the menu intently and going through all of the choices:

waiter: Sir what would you like to have today?

B1: I think I'll have a bottle of the Meadow Air with a hint of lotus blossom.

waiter: and what is your choice today sir?

B2: I would like today's special a bottle of Mountain Air with full pine scent.

waiter: Great choice, and lastly what can we get for you today?

B3: Thanks but nothig sir, I'm fasting today!

elnatural_1

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 22, 2007 10:56PM

Thanks for a good laugh, Elnatural.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 23, 2007 12:24AM

Interesting discussion about the alkalizing. I used to drink a lot of green juice after i went to Hippocrates for a while until I started feeling like I was a slave to it. I felt like I was using it to self-medicate, and that I couldn't get that far out of range from my juicer! Yes I could feel acidic and a green juice would make me feel better, calmer, less in pain and more balanced. To this day I can still drink a glass of cucumber juice and get this effect. But it doesn't change what acidified me in the first place (stress, lack of sleep, overeating, etc.) so for me it just acts like a symptom treatment but not a cure.

I can also get a similar effect sometimes (the "alkaline feeling"winking smiley by taking just a few bites of parsley or kale. It is weirdly medicinal. It does calm me down sometimes.

Before I was all raw and when I still lived in the city and got really stressed out, I would pop a few drops of this little dropper bottle of some kind of clear alkalizing liquid. I forget what it was called. Just a few drops would do the same thing as a big green juice. I don't even know if I want to know what it was made out of!

Love,
Uma

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 23, 2007 12:59AM

I like chewing the greens from our garden.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 23, 2007 01:27AM

Thanks for sharing your experience Uma,

I agree one needs to focus on the roots of the problem as you say (stress, lack of sleep, overeating) also lack of excercise, lack of an expanding consciousness etc.., and that one should never self-medicate or find replacements for the real work required to 'fix' the situation.

I just think trying to control one's health in any way is in a sense, artifical and those claiming that a system (since it is the natural law) will guaranteed happiness and health is the climax of artifical thinking.

Not to mention the suggestion that everyone can make the paradigm shift required by dicipling your body and mind to accept these laws. (very external)

in a sense also suggesting that one CAN do without the work required, just my take on it.

so when one uses this concept of what is natural to disprove that value of something external, like juicing, its like saying, your tool for reversing your state of un-natural-ness (hah) is somehow worthless, or unecessary. 'why do all that work?'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2007 01:29AM by anaken.

Date: April 23, 2007 02:55AM

Hello Surrhan

Do I have to sign on to hear your music? BTW I play the flute too and had one of those alto flutes back when. I don't have a silver flute now but want to get back into it. A few years back I had a simple $20 bamboo flute on wich the high notes played so easy and sounded good. For now I play my accustic guitar. I few months ago I started to build my first 36 string lever or folk harp. The sound board is done. I will learn how to play it when it gets done. The harp and flute so much musicaly portray the serene, tranquil, peacefull, pristine, inocent, aware, sensitive state that long term juicing manifests. It's great to play U.I.

elnatural_1

Date: April 23, 2007 04:01AM

elnatural,

>The harp and flute so much musicaly portray the serene, tranquil, peacefull, pristine, inocent, aware, sensitive state that long term juicing manifests.<

Hi! I LOVE harp and flute together-- so ethereal and evocative. Flute and guitar is a wonderful combination too. No, you don't have to sign in to listen. Just go to the site and on the right side of the page there's a list. . . click on 'music' and you'll go to my MP3 page, where there are 7 full-length cuts to download or record to CD if you like.

You're the first person I've met online who also plays alto flute-- how cool is that? It's kind of uncommon, I think.

I had a big collection of bamboo and wood flutes; now I just have one really nice wooden one from India.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 23, 2007 04:13AM

Sharrhan

I now realy prefer the naturalness of wood flutes. I once had a barouqe flute and ruined it by trying to make the sound hole bigger to make it louder. :{

Yes, alto flutes are very rare. Need good breath control for all of those low notes.

Wow, can I see a picture of your current flute?

Correct, harp is good, flute is good, but the combo is even better.

thanks

elnatural

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 23, 2007 04:20AM

This looks like a hot topic! Can I join in? What are we talking about Flutes? wow! I am so happy for you Kwan!!
Flutes are so great. I wish I had one to play. I used to play a recorder

uma that is true about the green juice.
I used to eat really bad raw food recipes and take green juice just to feel normal. all that agave and bee pollen and weird stuff like cakes, nut patties and nut mylks. uhh I felt rotting inside.

Date: April 23, 2007 04:40AM

Hi coconutcream

Yes, we are talking about playing and creating music U.I. specifically harps and flutes, please join even if you don't have a flute now.

I just listened to some of each of Kahn's songs. I realy like the sound of instrument that played the first 2 or 3 on the list, what was that one. Great sound, very liquid, no pun intended. I like that slow drawn out style, can't be done on the accustic guitar though, that's why I need a new instrument. Harp and or flutes.

this is very exciting : )

elantural

Date: April 23, 2007 04:40PM

Coco--
Absolutely!-- join right in. Have you ever played Tibetan bamboo flutes? They're like recorders, and if you can find the right ones, they can be perfectly scaled. I used to have a whole set of them-- can't remember what happened to them. They were very inexpensive, but sounded wonderful. I also used to play an alto recorder.

Elnatural-- A lot of people don't realize this, but I used all flutes (and a little voice) except on one piece where there's some E.W.I. (electronic wind instrument). Most listeners think I'm being accompanied by a synthesizer, but it's just flute altered by digital delay.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 24, 2007 02:59PM

Elnatural,
Forgot to say, I am actually accompanied by synthesizer on the one cut from "Voices from the Dreamtime." That was back a few years ago when my husband and I worked together (he's the synth player) and we called ourselves Soulmatrix. Before then, and since, I've been doing all solo flute and voice with digital delays.

Okay, enough on my music stuff-- back to juicing!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 25, 2007 12:41AM

Suvine wrote "I used to eat really bad raw food recipes and take green juice just to feel normal." hah! i still like to do this when i go to the city and eat at a raw food restaurant, i'll get a green juice for dessert if i can, kinda like a hangover remedy!

love,
uma

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 25, 2007 07:05AM

"hangover remedy"

pFFTTT... funny umasmiling smiley !!

EL NATURAL

i LUVED the little story you wrote

some lavender mountain air for me smiling smiley

make it a double eXpresssso mountain air

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 25, 2007 07:47AM

elnatural lol... even non-rawfoodists would think thats funny!

Sharrhan, your music is beautiful & it makes me feel like getting a massage. smiling smiley It also should be played on one of those famous shows like "Our Great Planet Earth" or a documentary.

Uma & CC, haha!! oh that's funny.... I hate agave & the few times I had it, it felt like it was making tequila in my stomach & has a boring flavor. That is why the green juice is good for agave hang overs.

Bee polen made me throw up when I was a teenager, so that was the end of that... but I think it is supposed to be healthy for some people.

And nut patties... my motto is, if the meal has more fat than protein, than don't eat it..... except for a lovely avocado of course.

I wake up feeling good and green juice keeps me feeling good all day.

Date: April 25, 2007 03:02PM

Thanks, Rawrr!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 26, 2007 01:20PM

Juice as a sleeping potion:

It never fails whenever I drink a quart or 2 of my juice before bed it induces the best, deepest, and happiest sleep ever.

AlkAlineAl

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables