Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Delicate issue -- new raw foodie
Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 23, 2007 01:15AM

I am enjoying the 7 week raw diet and I am 9 days raw. (before that a few days of raw on and off). In the last few days I've been 100% raw except I can't let go of my nightly cocktail/wine. Can someone give me information why I shouldn't have this? There are organic wines and I'm wondering if they are OK? I'm committed to do the right thing, but I really love my evening cocktail. THX! -J-

Another issue. Since I have been 100% raw I have multiple BM's every day as well as voiding constantly. I'm home so it doesn't matter. Is this part of detox? The BM's are very loose and not formed. My concern is that I am not retaining the nutrition from the fruits and vegetables I am ingesting. I went from SAD cold turkey. I used to eat once a day (no matter when) and I would be filled for the day. Now I am eating often and juicing every AM. Thx for any input! -J-

Joan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Delicate issue -- new raw foodie
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 23, 2007 09:03PM

Our bodies do all kinds of things while detoxing, you probably shouldnt worry.

My opinion is that transitioning is different for everyone and that if you want your evening drink, just do it. You probably wont want them as you get cleaner and then you wont even miss them!

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 23, 2007 09:29PM

hey my posts are being deleted

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 23, 2007 09:34PM

tiffany Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey my posts are being deleted

if u wait too long to post it disappears

Posted by: Little Bug ()
Date: May 23, 2007 10:53PM

I was a smoking raw foodist for 3 years. I wouldn't reccomend it! But, I finally quit. :] I wouldn't worry about the alchohol. They drink wine at Pure Food and Wine in NY, NY.

Food doesn't need to stay in your body for a long time for the nutrients to be absorbed. It is waste. You want it out of you as fast as possible. From this perspective, you are doing great!

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 23, 2007 11:44PM

Thanks. I was concerned that I wasn't absorbing the nutrients. Today was soooo much better. I'm eating about the same so maybe it's leveling out some. -J-

Joan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables