Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
fast challenge
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 09, 2007 07:38PM

i am going to go on a water/juice fast starting monday. it would be wonderful if anyone wanted to join me so that we could provide support and motivation to one another.

this will be my first fast so i could also use some pointers. prism, i already ordered braggs acv. lol.

i am setting a goal of 3 days for myself but i would like to do 7.

i am doing this to cleanse my body and mind. mainly my mind. i have alot of pent up anger and saddness and of course toxins in my body from years of eatting crap. i think that my anger and emotions trigger over eatting. i also feel i could stand to lose a few pounds and i have heard that weight comes off easier after a cleansing fast. i am not overweight at all, 125 pounds, 5'5", but i do overeat and i just do not want to be so gluttonous. hopefully this will be an important step in my quest to better myself.

hope some of you will join me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fast challenge
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: June 09, 2007 08:07PM

i am doing a very long water fast, probably around 20 days, would you suggest drinking acv before or after the fast, im saying i am only going 2 drink acv for a week, but i was wondering if it would be more benificial in the end, bc of its cleansing action wold it work kindof like a salt water flush, im not going 2 do a salt water flush, so i was wondering if this would work just as good

i would do it with you pihourova but ive got alot of fruit i need 2 finish u b4 i start, and im not going 2 stuff myself lol,, but im really not hungry at all, i wish i could skip eating the fruit but that would b wasteful so watever

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: June 09, 2007 08:14PM

I need this. 3 days sounds perfect.
I promise to be consistent with support--instead of food, I'll post.
begin Monday morning+Tuesday+Wednesday--break on Thursday. yes?

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 09, 2007 09:13PM

Yeah..I read your post on my other thread..I'm glad you are going to try the acv drink.

I would strongly suggest you all drink the apple cider vinegar (make sure it's Braggs or one like it, unfiltered, unpasturized) cocktail thru-out your fasts. It has loads of nutrients, amino acids, minerals, etc. It's cleansing properties would be beneficial during a fast too.

You mix 1-2 teaspoons of acv, 1 cup of distilled water, and 1 teaspoon of raw honey if you want. Drink that coctail 3 x a day. Even drinking it once will help you. Spacing it thru-out the day though would be more helpful I think.

I'll be following this thread to see how you all are doing. Me..I've got too many summer fruits around here to think about fastingsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 09, 2007 10:00PM

IMHO: A fast is no food/nutrients. ACV is not recommended by Hulda Clark. If one wants the body to become alkaline, one would not put additional acid into the body.

The best fast is a water only fast or even better is a dry fast but that is very difficult to do.

If you want the body to become more alkaline, squeeze lemon juice into distilled/purified water. This wouldn't qualify as a fast but is a good way to detox the body.

Posted by: dynamiteroyalty ()
Date: June 10, 2007 01:54AM

I will be starting tomorrow and I would like to fast for ten days followed by ten days of green juices. I would love to keep you company for however long you choose to make it. I made a note of the acv and I will probably add that throughout just to see what it feels like. Good luck!

Carrie

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 10, 2007 02:14AM

I am new to this community and I am planning on going 100% raw tomorrow. I have previously done three months totally raw but then got pregnant and instantly went back to a cooked diet. In those three months I noticed the benefits immediately and I have been wanting to make the change back to a raw lifestyle. I think that a three day fast would be a good way to start for me. I have done plenty of cleanses/fasts in the past and I think that it would make the transition away from cooked easier for me.

Count me in for the journey and support!

Jessica

Date: June 10, 2007 02:33AM

Here's an excerpt from a book by Dr. Earl Mindell called Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar.

"How does the body alkalinize itself? It does this by creating bicarbonate ions, which buffer (neutralize) those acids. This explains how vinegar helps your body to become more alkaline. Many natural health practionaors advise the use of cider vinegar tonics to help patiemts achieve ph balance in ther blookstreams."

There are lots of different kinds of fasts, not fasts really, but there are water fasts, juice fasts, etc.

I would caution anyone doing a water fast longer than 1-3 days to make sure they know what they are doing, and maybe have someone experienced councel them thru-out the fast.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 10, 2007 03:15AM

Hi fabulous fasting club,
I might be joining your fast soon. In the meantime, I have some ideas on whether to use acv or not. I think it's a great preparation for a fast, and also during a short fast. But most of the traditional teachings about long fasts (1 wk. or more) suggest that it's probably better to stick with plain water so that the intestines really rest completely.

BUT! (and there's always a 'but wait, there's an alternative view," isn't there?, ;-p . . .

. . . if acv helps you stay on a water fast, or if it's the only way you can keep the fast going, by all means use it.

Just my 2 cents.

Hopefully I'll join you in a water fast in a few days. Right now I'm not quite ready.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 10, 2007 08:21AM

"fabulous fast club"- i love that! this is great! i am so excited that we are all going to have support and company. it will make all the difference. i am going to take the acv because i really want to detox myself. if i make it longer than the 3 day goal i will stop the acv.

carrie, jessica, shaine, glad to have you on board! kwan its great to see you posting here whether you join us or not. prism and life101 thanks for the support and advice. fuzzy, please let me know when you begin your fast, i would love to offer you support.

ok, lets clean house! see you all on monday!

p.s. i have tried to get my picture to post and i was not sucessful. i added the img tags to the url. and it showed up as an "X" followed by the url. does anyone know how i would fix that?

Date: June 10, 2007 04:07PM

Ask Bryan, he'll help you post your picture..I'm still clueless on how to do it here.

Good luck to the Fabulous Fast Club!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: June 10, 2007 06:05PM

Hi Everybody,

I have tried fasting several times before, but have never been able to get past day 3. Hopefully the support here will help me. I'm on for one week! I'll try the ACV, never used it while fasting before. Any tips on keeping the energy level up?

Date: June 10, 2007 10:56PM

Hi again,
Well, I'm IN! I started a water fast this morning.

My fasts are always great for my husband, because I tend to feed him better and more interesting meals when I'm not preoccupied with my own food and diet.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can stick to the fast this time. Like you, selenes512, I sometimes run aground on day 3. I don't have to work Tuesday, and I'll make a point of resting and reading some new fasting articles that day to inspire myself and divert from any discomfort or weakness that may (or may not) appear.

BTW, here are some interesting articles on fasting:

[naturalhygienesociety.org]

Enjoy!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: June 11, 2007 12:31AM

You know, I find that when I'm fasting I get much more creative in the kitchen for my boyfriend too. I wonder why? Anyways, I'm starting on ACV and water tomorrow morning. Good luck everybody!

-Selene

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 11, 2007 02:05AM

I agree to obstain (fast) from any challanges this week

shaine, you look like some Godard character. awesome!

Date: June 11, 2007 08:46AM

hello fabulous fasters! great that more people have joined us! thanks for the web articles kwan, its very motivational to read about fasting for me.

i watched a really great motivational show last night. some of you may have seen it. its called "the spa of embarrassing illness". it is about these people who have illnesses like IBS or hyperhydrosis. they go to this spa and they fast for 7 days on water, very little veggie broth and....you guessed it......acv. one of the girls began crying like the 3rd day in and said she had never felt so happy in her life. they all were either completely cured or at least much better by the end of 2 weeks. they learned to slowly transition from their fast into raw foods. it was so cool. they did lots of other things but i cant write it all here. one of the girls even began to see people's auras!! it was as if the fast removed all the toxins and she could see things that had been hidden from her before.

here is the website:

[uktv.co.uk]

my acv is not here yet. i have been sipping dandelion tea and taking it easy. feeling really good about this so far. can't wait to hear how you all are doing. good luck everyone.

Date: June 11, 2007 12:30PM

here is some more reading.

[www.falconblanco.com]

Date: June 11, 2007 02:30PM

Oh, I would have loved to see that show. Sounds rather dramatic..I haven't seen any auras..of course I'm not fasting along with the acv.

Good luck to everyone on your fasts!

Love,
Prism

Date: June 11, 2007 03:28PM

omgosh i am so excited! i really cant wait lol,, whats interesting is when b4 i even knew about rawfoods or fasting, months ago, this little voice in the back of my mind kept telling me you shuld stop eating and just drink water, i was really toxic then,, so i researched fasting bc i thought well i cant possibly do that! but here i am about 2 do it yay! lol im really looking forward 2 this, i kept putting it off, bc i was in love with crappy sad foods but now im ready! grinning smiley

pihourova the articles you posted are great! ive read them b4 but forgot where :p thanks 4 posting them

Date: June 11, 2007 04:52PM

oh i am having cravings. they come and go. but i am persevering. its already almost 6pm here. i feel if i can get through the first 24 hours i will be home free. i have not been perfect however. i have added honey to some of my herbal tea.

fuzzy, its great when we can be in touch with our bodies and learn to listen to it. your body told you to research ways to heal it. i am still learning. big time. right now my body is telling me to eat! or is it my mind? i feel i must get through this fast. i want to stop over-eatting and detox my system and rest my digestive organs. my expectations for purifying myself are what is keeping me on this fast.

Date: June 11, 2007 05:08PM

pihourova it is soo amazing and exhilarating 2 be in touch with my body :] i feel so much more at peace,,
3 days is all you have 2 wait, the cravings are totally gone after 3 days,,it will deffinately help clean you out :] you are doing great!!

Date: June 11, 2007 07:09PM

Here's an interesting guy who fasted for 30 days, you can read a large exerpt from one of his books on his life at: [www.freedomyou.com]

It's a free download to read, and very inspirational.

He had a partner at one time, you can find a forum for fasting at [www.freedomyou.com] by him.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 12, 2007 02:34AM

Hi Prism,
I go to that site every so often, even though I'm not a Christian, because there's a lot of good thought and articles there about spiritual fasting. Thanks for reminding me about it.

Folks,
I made it to the end of day two and my mouth feels like it has sawdust in it. Bleh. I had pretty good energy today, but had to take a couple naps. I got up pretty early, had a full day, did a lot of walking. Tomorrow will be the real test. Actually, I'm trying to make a breakthrough and somehow not experience the third day as the big challenge it usually is. Maybe it's at least partly psychological, and I can beat it by entering into a different space. Yep, that's what I want to do.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?: Fasting experts say it's not good to brush or rinse your mouth with anything other than water, because it will get your digestive system primed for action, and you need it to shut down totally. I respect their advice, but I wish there was something I could do to give my mouth that 'minty-fresh' feeling without cheating by using toothpaste and/or mouthwash. I've resisted so far, but. . . ick! :-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 12, 2007 10:13AM

hey guys! i made it! its day 2 now for me. yesterday was alot harder than i thought it would be. but i did it. i was on an rollercoaster yesterday. i was giddy and hyper and then feeling faint and angry. this morning i woke up and walked for 2 hours.

sharrhan, way to go!!! you are in the homestretch. i know today will be different from all your other 3rd days.

i do not know of anything to remedy the taste. i have drank so much water i have not had this problem yet. plus i am only on my 2nd day. glad you brought up the fact that toothpaste and mouthrinse are not recommended. i was not aware. it makes sense though.

i have decided to drink a little bit of juice today. i know it does not technically qualify as a fast with juice, but i do not want to set myself up for total failure. the juice will satisfy my mental need for nutrient.

prism, thanks for the articles. i need all the reading i can get. especially postive and inspirational reading. anything to take my mind off food!!!! i have mixed my first acv and water cocktail! cheers!!

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: June 12, 2007 03:18PM

I posted over the weekend that I would join you. But when I woke up monday morning, I wanted to go for a run in the early marine layer here in LA. So I ate a grapefruit and went. I am doing what seems natural for me--though I felt guilty to the point that I couldn't think of how to still support you without example. But dissapearing from the thread would do nothing.

point being:

here you are on day two. If you have the strength to be this far along, I have no doubt you will make it to your goals--whether they shift as you feel this out, or not.

Date: June 12, 2007 03:25PM

oh shaine. i am so happy to have your support whether you are joining me or not. regardless if you changed your mind. i am just happy you are still here. your picture is so cool by the way. you look like you would be in a rock video. like a more natural alicia silverstone.

Date: June 12, 2007 11:29PM

Hey fabulous fasting community,

I quit my water fast after only 2-1/2 days, but it's okay! :-) I feel great and I know I detoxified a lot. I got sick this morning and felt awful for about 20 minutes, and then I was still ridiculously weak and slow, so I made a decision about 3 hours later that I should switch to a juice fast so I can feel good and get things done while I fast.

I'm now doing orange juice and carrot juice (not together!). I will likely stick to this juice fast for a long time, as juice fating is very easy for me. My longest have been 40 days and 28 days. I'd love to do this for 45 days, and maybe end it with water-- who knows? If I've learned one thing, it's this: you can plan and strategize (and that's good), but ultimately you need to listen to your body and intuition.

Love,joy and peace--

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 13, 2007 12:15AM

Kwan: I'm envious that you had detox symptoms in 2 1/2 days. I drank only water and a tad of ACV from approximately 10PM Sun. until 2PM Tuesday. I wasn't hungry and felt no detox symptoms. I even walked Mon. for 2 mi. I was hoping for a major cleansing and some wt. loss. I think I will do the wheatgrass 3 day fast and implant that I've been reading about. I'll have to wait a week or so because of things coming up. Anyway, congratulations. You're doing a great job!

Joan

Date: June 13, 2007 12:27AM

Ooh I am excited that I just saw these posts. I have been fasting since Sunday, so I am on day 3... I am actually doing better then I thought I would be, so that is good. I am planning on doing 7 days, so I am sure I will hit my drop off point soon.

smiling smiley Patty

Date: June 13, 2007 12:41AM

Way to go everyone! I was successful with the fast yesterday, I only drank water and some ACV. I definitely felt dizzy and weak off and on but I kept myself occupied and made it through the day. I was doing fine today until I had an unexpected dinner appt. with some of my customers for my job - I am in sales and my customers are doctors! Instead of trying to explain the fast to them and alienate myself from the business dinner, I ordered a green salad and picked at it yawning smiley) So technically I am back to square one. I am going to wait and start it on Friday and do it over the weekend when I can rest and be in a quiet place.

Great going to everyone else and Happy Fasting!!

Jessica

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables