Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Finding my way
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 16, 2007 12:35PM

Hello all, I started raw foods 2 weeks ago. The first 5 days I felt like I got hit by a car but I have since found strength. Maybe I shouldn't have quit the coffee and everything else all at once but I tend to be a little extreme, oh well. The attraction to raw foods for me is a health issue. I have severe heel spurs/Plantar Fasciitis so I want to try something-anything before I say yes to surgery. Raw food so far has been a challenge. I am hungry almost all the time. I eat a lot of avocados and nuts. I also have a sweet tooth so Medjool dates find there way to my mouth quite often. I am hoping to wean myself away from some of the fatty foods but for now I am just rolling with it and making sure I stick with an overall raw diet. I found a flyer for a raw food class at the health food store so at the end of the month I plan to show up there and see what's happening in my community. I would also like to lose a little weight which hasn't happend yet, but from what I read here you some of folks have attained your natural body weight. Anyway, so far I am hanging in there and trying to stay positive. Thanks for the words in this forum and for the encouragement. peas

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Finding my way
Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: June 16, 2007 01:48PM

i had severe plantar fascitis....had the surgery (best decision for me)....i am healed and happy....

the raw food style did help my healing physicall, emotionally, and spiritualy....

there are many treatments/resources to explore for healing prior to surgery....which i did....yet did not heal....

i hope the best for you....i KNOW what the pain and frustration is like from that injury....

not being overweight is imperative for healing of p.f. as you know....

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 16, 2007 02:11PM

hi evolsdog

i wish you a calm and healing journey

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 16, 2007 03:45PM

Evolsdog,

Check out this website, it's about a girl's diagnosis of heel spurs and the easy cure she figured out-

www.zvita.com

Magnesium, basically. She says take magnesium and they'll disappear.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 16, 2007 07:12PM

Evo, Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're okay. I heard Horsetail tea stops calcium loss and bone spurs. Check that out.

Take care. Therese

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 17, 2007 12:44AM

Thanks for the great replies guys. I spent the last couple of hours reading posts in here, I really feel like I'm one of you smiling smiley, I'm just kind of new. Its really overwhelming to read what is going on here. I have never even heard of alot of the foods you are using to maintain your diets. It looks like I have quite a journey in front of me. My plan is to go 100% raw for 2 months, then reevaluate the diet and see what the next step is. On the up side I am doing this in the beginning of summer and there are so many good veggies and fruits in the stores, Also, I live about a mile from a raw food restaurant. Today has been a good day and I am grateful to have found this newsgroup as I was beginning to feel a little like the lone ranger. By the way sunshine79 I will try the magnesium, it cant hurt.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 17, 2007 05:37AM

evolsdog

<< My answers always lie deep within, I just need to be willing to slow down so I can catch up with them.>>

don't play catch up
you are already home

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables