Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Anybody on 80-10-10 or want to start?
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 05, 2007 05:49PM

I want to try the 80-10-10 diet. I've been eating raw for about a month now, but think I will benefit more from low fat as I still need to drop about 40lbs.
I am wondering about how many calories I should consume per day, when the regular recommendation is about 1500.

Any one want to start with me...like for maybe a 30 day trial?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anybody on 80-10-10 or want to start?
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: July 05, 2007 05:51PM

I am freshly on 80-10-10 again. Well, I hardly left it really...

Want to form a new challenge?
As usual, I encourage the weekly pics!!

xxpeisi

Date: July 05, 2007 06:13PM

I'm pretty new to all of this, but I'd love to form a new challenge. I haven't read the 80-10-10 book yet...just blogs. But it seems pretty straight forward and simple.My only question at this point is the large amounts of food people seem to eat at one time. I get full easy and then eat every 2-3 hours. Is that okay?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 05, 2007 06:39PM

Do we all have or should we get the book on 8/1/1? I am willing to give it a try again.

I was on it for quite a while about 2 years ago. I would love to get the book first though.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 05, 2007 07:15PM

I guess we should have already read this book, I haven't yet. I know basically what it's about. I'll give it a shot, join me in!

Date: July 05, 2007 07:37PM

I'm going to try and get the book from the library...but maybe you could give a short "rule" list for others who want to join in, but haven't read the book.

Date: July 05, 2007 07:59PM

80% carbrohydrates 10% protein 10% fats This is the way to eat everyday. It has to be raw and mostly fruits.

here is a website on it:

[www.rawfoodinfo.com]

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: July 06, 2007 01:40AM

i love 801010...i have been on it for about 8 months....

one very important factor of 801010 is daily vigorous exercise....graham speaks of earning your fruit....i love that concept....

it is important to read the book and get a foundation of how to do 801010 properly...otherwise, cravings and binging can occur...

i hope you all will love it as much as i do....truly the most fun....and simplest way of eating....ever

Date: July 06, 2007 03:44AM

I went to 3 book stores today and couldn't find the book. I guess I'll have to order it online. Until then...I'm having a problem getting the fat down to 10% and the only thing I had today was a little avacado and no seeds or nuts. How much of an avocado can you eat to stay within 10%? I'm still learning.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: July 06, 2007 04:49AM

I am trying to start. I keep trying!!! But this time I've been doing good for 4 days!

Still have cravings, and I feel as though I am overeating at night. I really want to do a mono fast. One food only for a few days. Lately I can't get enough watermelon so I think I may try eating just watermelon's for a few days.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 06, 2007 05:03AM

islandgirl,

Probably 1/4 of an avocado, since all foods have around 5% fat or so. If its easy for you to get your fat down to 10%, that's great. But for myself, it took a few years. I tried 10% at first, and it took a lot of control to eat 10% fat. At some point I let go of the control, and my fat intake went to 20%. But after some time, without even trying, my desire for fat dropped away and after 2 years, it was no problem eat 10% fat.

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: July 06, 2007 08:22AM

This is sorta kinda my intro then:
Hello everyone!! And welcome to the 80-10-10!! I am from Sweden, and I have not read any book about 80-10-10 but I research a lot on the net (not SOO scientific, I know, but I have to wait for my library to order lots of things). My fat intake floats between 10-25%. I'm 95% raw in terms of calories.

Sometimes I really like some sesame seeds or olives. Haven't had olives in a long time though. It is mostly the sesame.

Alright guys and dolls,

for those interested, I am going to post my weekly measurements as a continuation of the last trial. I will also post a front and side photo in a bikini so that anyone who needs inspiration can see changes.
If anyone else wants to post their befores, durings and after pics, I would love to see them! It always interests me to see how intensely raw foods sculps the body into a healthy, lean work of art!!
Looking back on the older photos I have, I think my personal body changes are astonishing, especially since it has ONLY been diet that I changed. I didn't exercise more or less at all.

Anyhow,
Measurements:
My height is 174 cms (5'8''), I weigh 61 kilos (134 pounds) and my measurements otherwise are as follows:
neck 30.5 cm - 12 inches
bust 86 cm - 34 inches
waist 64 cm - 25 inches
abdomen 83 cm - 32.5 inches
hips 88 cm - 35 inches
upper thigh 52.0 cm - 20.5 inches
calv (at the biggest part) 34 cm - 13.5 inches
upper arm 25 cm - little less than 10 inches

My goals are:
To continue toning my hips, thighs and lower abdomen, especially now that I am planning on conceiving in a few months!!
As far as numbers go, my "goal" is to be a 34-24-34 with 18 inch thighs!! Haha, but I am not that far from this now and if I never make it, that is fine too. I don't have much weight to lose at this point, I feel it is about muscle tone and perhaps strength training.

Photos

Front- I really would like to tone my thighs up more.

Side- I blame my little poochy belly on the fact that I never do sit-ups and I have stopped my weight training. I should take that up again, I think.

Dressed (this is what raw health looks like grinning smiley )

Yesterday's Food
Breakfast: 2 bananas, a cup of spinach and 2 tablespoons of raw cacao in a smoothie
Snack/Lunch #1: oranges
Lunch #2: pint of strawberries
Supper: salad made from a box of organic spinach, my own self-grown organic mung bean sprouts, a big head of broccoli, a sliced red pepper and 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast(not raw)
Snack: 1/2 of a large pineapple
Snack #2 (at the movie theatre hehe): 10 strawberries, 5 cherries, and 30 or so miced red and green grapes

Today's Food (clean out house day, eating only "leftovers", what I have in the fridge. I am going to Danmark tonight for the weekend)
Breakfast: 2 bananas and 2 tablespoons cacao in a smoothie
Snack: 2 oranges
Lunch: A HUGE Cabbage salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, a sliced pickle, tahini dressing, and parsley
Snack #1: 1/2 of a large pineapple
Snack #2: african tea with honey (gonna try to wait until the water is a bit cooler before adding the honey to save some vitamins, if I can!! I don't know if that matters AT ALL though, hehe
Supper: Pint of strawberries and whatever fruits I can find in Danmark when I arrive. I might be satisfied with just the berries though. I am not really an evening eater.

I look forward to hearing everyone's stories!! I have been 80-10-10 since mid-april, so if what little experience I have could help anyone who has questions, do ask!!

much love,
xxpeisi

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: July 06, 2007 04:31PM

Hi. I recently read the book by Graham, and am so thankful that he wrote it. Such a good book, so informative, so helpful..."how to", and all the whys. I am trying to follow it, and notice a big difference in the way I feel...depending on how much fruit I eat. If it dips too low I notice more cravings. A few weeks...with ups and downs...discovering that it is indeed difficult to get fat down to 10%. So, easy on myself! I am working on it. I am glad to hear from people like Bryan that it took him quite a while to get comfortable at 10%. (It's really very low!) When I first read the book, I was really surprised to discover how much fat I was eating...just in avocados and olives and tahini dressing. I don't do any mombo-akombo recipes or use oil. So, I am experimenting (but feel very convinced about 811) and will take whatever time it takes to improve my raw way of eating. Right after reading the book, I was so gung ho and did quite well, but lately I am feeling a little less strong. I think I am not eating enough fruit, or perhaps am going through a phase of discontent. I sometimes want something dense and pasty and 'comforting, filling'. I think there is something on my mind which I want to wrap up in dough and sink! smiling smiley

I suggest STRONGLY that everyone read the book.

My computer time is not consistent, but I would like to post when I can.

Today I've had an orange, a couple bananas, bowl of blueberries. Also, salad with 3 olives.

Elakti

Date: July 06, 2007 07:24PM

Here's my into: I was raised in Florida and lived on an island (thus the name). I now live in S. CA. I am 47 years old, have 7 kids (youngest 16 at home...others grown) and WILL NOT be posting any bikini pictures LOL!!! On June 1, I did the Master Cleanse and went raw when I came off the fast. It was my birthday present to myself. I've been about 80% since. Prior to the MC, I was on Weight Watchers and still have at least 35lbs. to lose, although I'd love to lose more than that. For the last 2 weeks on raw, I gained 4 lbs. and couldn't get the scale to budge. So...I decided I'm eating too much fat and wanted to do the 811 diet. Yesterday I went to 3 bookstores and couldn't find the book, so I'll have to order it off Amazon or something. Yesterday, July 5, was my first day of being 100% raw and sticking to 811, although I went over a little on fat (I'm still learning). I lost 2.6 since Tues.YEAH! I can't seem to eat too much at one time and prefer to do mini meals. I had mostly fruit all day and a small romaine salad for dinner. Yesterday I walked 4 miles.
Yesterday I ate:
Breakfast Smoothie (1 c kale, a banana, 5 strawberries)
Snack 1 orange / 1 nectarine 1/2c raisins
Lunch 1/2 c guacamole / 1c raw edamame beans
Dinner 2 c romaine w/ 1TB tahini, 1 tsp honey & 1 orange = dressing
Also, I drank Apple Cider Vinegar 3x in water (1 TB of ACV : 1 C water)

I haven't taken my measurements, but I'll be posting my weight loss. I'm on my way out of town, but will post today's foods later tonight.

Posted by: nakdash ()
Date: July 06, 2007 08:37PM

Hey Guys!

I don't know too much about the 80-10-10 diet, but a few days ago, I was reading a post on 7 weeks of raw food that ended on the 1st. Now, I was hoping that someone would post another challenge just like that.

I started eating raw foods about two weeks ago(most days, 100% and then some days I would eat out with friends and have a cooked meal) and I have already seen some change! Not so much on the scale, but tightness around the skin.

I am still trying to get into being 100% raw and I am slowly getting there.

Can someone post some points on the 80-10-10 diet?

Posted by: plastic ()
Date: July 07, 2007 01:42AM

I'll do it with you, but what does it consist of and how do i follow it?

Please let me know,
thanks!

Date: July 07, 2007 01:57AM

You ought to get the book. Here's an old thread that talks about the book, plus a lot of commentaries from the diets detractors. The thread is called "My copy of The 80/10/10 Diet arrived today smiling smiley".

Posted by: nakdash ()
Date: July 07, 2007 03:36AM

Thanks so much, Bryan!

Date: July 07, 2007 05:38PM

There seems to be quite a bit of controversy out there about 811...some who love it and some who hate it. My decision to try it was based on the fact that since I had been eating raw, I stopped losing weight, combined with feeling very lethargic. After dropping the fat (seeds & nuts) and eliminating sprouted grains, I immediately felt better and lighter...I am only 3 days in, so I can't really tell about the weight yet, but I'll keep you posted. I would at least like to try this way of eating mosty fruits & leafy veggies until I can lose the rest of my weight. Then I know I can move to a more varied raw diet (if I want to) and maintain my weight long term.

Yesterday I ate:
Breakfast: Green Smoothie (2 c kale, 2 banana blended)
Lunch: Sunset pudding (1 mango, 2 banana, 10 strawberries and 2 dates...YUM!)
Snack: 1 c raisins
Dinner: Veggie Salad 2/ tahini dressing (1tb tahini, 1/2 tsp honey, fresh orange juice)
Snack: 2 kosher pickles

I'm still learning about food contents and combining, but here are my totals
( a little 0ff 80 10 10, but not too bad) Carbs 90 / Fat 7 / Prot 6

Exercise:
1 walked my normal 5 miles in the morning, then went to Walmart and Sea World for the day which amounted to an extra 5 miles and a total of 10 miles for the day!

I will post my weight loss 1x weekly

Date: July 07, 2007 08:06PM

I just bought the book at amazon.com and I hope it doesn't take long to reach me.

All the reviews were postive at amazon.com too..which is rare.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 08, 2007 01:23AM

What fruits and veggies are high in protein?

Date: July 08, 2007 01:28AM

What fruits and veggies are high in protein?

Amazon.com is stating 4-6 weeks on delivery of the book. I'm going to see if I can find it anywhere else. Any suggestions?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 08, 2007 01:41AM

any idea when you want to start im gonna water fast till probably tuesday morning and i want to break it lightly

but id love to join in smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 08, 2007 01:45AM

Order the book from foodnsport.com. They will typically ship it the next day, and you should have your book in a week or so.

You don't really need to worry about protein if you eat 80-10-10. All fruits and vegetables have enough protein if you eat enough calories to meet your energy requirements.

Date: July 08, 2007 01:35PM

Join in anytime you are ready. I started on Thurs. July 5... a few others started before me. But if anyone wants to do this as a group, I'll "start" over, just to log results. My goal is to lose 2 lbs. a week and 40lbs. all together.

Day 3 Food Diary
Breakfast: Green Smoothie ( 2 banana, 2 c kale)
Snack: 2 nectarines, 4 apricots, 8 strawberries
Lunch: Spaghetti (zucchini "pasta"winking smiley with Marinara sauce (YUMMM!!!!)
Dinner: 1 avacado, 8 grape tomatoes ( I was craving avocado and went over on the fat!)
Snack: 1/2c raisins

Carbs 70.0 / Prot 6.9 / Fat 23.1 ( a little off...but not too bad)
calories consumed: 1681
Exercise: walked 5 miles / calories burned: 418
Total calories for the day: 1263
weight reduction .6 (down 1.8 since Thurs.)

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: July 08, 2007 01:39PM

way to go island girl! i cant wait to see your results.

Date: July 08, 2007 04:51PM

I'm starting today. Oh..I have to wait that long for my book? I didn't realize when I ordered it.

I'll have to wear blinders on, be very focused and very aware of what I'm putting into my mouth for at least the first 3 days. It will be a struggle, but I'm going to do it.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Stacie ()
Date: July 08, 2007 09:50PM

Hi everyone,

I am 13 days raw and like islandgirl, I did a 7 day cleanse and then went raw. All or none for me. I just ordered the 80-10-10 book and am waiting for it to come in the mail. I am a little worried about doing so much fruit because of the candida problems I have had in the past. The only craving I have had is for sushi so I have been trying to do the riceless sushi all week and it is not the same. Also I think I am eating too much avocado (1 a day) but it sure does help with the transition. Here is what I had yesterday:

Detox tea
Smoothie (romaine, blueberries, banana, 3 dates)
Salad (romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms, celery)
Raw Nori Rolls (cucumber, avocado, asparagus)
Salad (lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, ginger dressing)

Need to eat more fruit.

Date: July 09, 2007 02:02AM

Ok, this is what I've eaten on my first day of doing 80/10/10

July 7,07

1 banana
1 peach

1 C watermelon

9 raw cashews

large smoothie, fruits only.

2 C of watermelon

Salad, crisp lettuces, heart of romaine, carrots, snap peas, purple cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers with 1/2 small avocado mixed with some salsa.

2 C watermelon for evening snack

Calories Eaten Today
Cals Total: 1014
Fat: 26%
Carbs: 66%
Protein: 7%

It's not easy getting down to 10% fat for a day. I could have eaten so much more fatty things, more nuts, more avo, and some of my yummy sunflower seeds, but I'll wait for tomorrow.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 09, 2007 12:54PM

I'm having the same problem as Prism...getting the fat % down. Even though I still seem to be having good results in the 20% range, I'm going to try and get it down to 10%. I'm also having trouble getting enough protein. I noticed yesterday (day 4) that I couldn't eat very much...got very full on my foods and felt like I was forcing myself to eat. This is a nice change from being hungry all the time!

Day 4 foods
Breakfast: Green Smoothie ( 1 c kale, 1 c spinach, 2 banana)
Lunch: Big vegetable salad (3 cups romaine, w/ mushroom, onion, celery,bell pepper,and 8oz guacamole)
Dinner: Big assorted fruit salad (1 orange, 2 banana, 3 nectarines, 1/2 pineapple)

Carbs 70.5
Frot. 6.6
Fat 23

This morning my weight was down 1.2 from yesterday...that's 3 lbs total in 4 days. YEAH!!!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables