Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Anybody on 80-10-10 or want to start?
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 13, 2007 08:00PM

Peisinoe...sounds like you're doing great, even while away from home. Mocha...thanks for the alert to make sure we're eating enough calories. It really helps me to monitor mine on fitday.com. I know how many calories I need to eat in order to lose the weight I want...then I will consume for calories to maintain. Yesterday, Week 2, day 1: 1225 calores - 212 from exercise = 1013, Weight down .8 totals for the day 81c / 7 p / 11 fat

Have a great day everybody!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 13, 2007 08:01PM

Great job Mocha...are you still trying to gain weight?

Posted by: Mocha ()
Date: July 13, 2007 11:18PM

Just through Muscle ... am Not going to try and force anything on my body anymore. Although it is very hard to gain weight because I am very active and Burn calories just as fast as I take them in. Over the time that I was not 80/10/10 I tried to take in substantal ammounts of Fat( around 2-3C of Nuts a day) to try and gain weight, but to my Surpirse I gained nothing and Felt sluggish and tired throughout the day. Now I feel energized and strong smiling smiley Thank God for the wonderful natural food that were blessed with!

> Myspace: [www.myspace.com]
> Blog: [chefdemocha.blogspot.com]

Date: July 14, 2007 03:02AM

Amen!

Date: July 14, 2007 02:05PM

Week 2 / Day 2

Well I had an interesting problem yesterday...one that I have NEVER had before. I couldn't eat enough food! It started because my schedule got off and I ended up eating a really late lunch. Then I wasn't hungry when it was dinner time. I didn't really get hungry until about 8:30 last night, so I ate. Not only did I not get in enough calories, I was MISERABLE. My dinner sat in my stomach like a ton of bricks and I couldn't sleep. Now its breakfast time (I think I need to eat because I'm going to be taking a test from 9-1 today and I won't be able to get out for a meal), but I'm still not hungry...or I'm a little hungry, but my stomach still doesn't quite feel right. I will never eat late like that again.

Besides the low calorie count, my percentages were good. I went to the movies with my hubby and resisted the popcorn. It smelled really good and I just enjoyed the smell. I took a baggie of grapes...my hubby at all the popcorn and then ate some of my grapes too! I was proud of myself and completely satisfied!

On the most positive side, I good REALLY GOOD NEWS back from the doctor (no cancer!) PRAISE GOD! Since disease feeds on fat, I'm committing to keep my normal diet 80-10-10, even after I lose all my weight! And if I go slightly higher on occasion, that will be the exception.

Food Journal

Breakfast Smoothie (1 c kale, 1 c spinach, 2 banana)
Lunch: Fresh fruit salad ( 2 pluot, 1 plumb, 2 nectarines, 1 peach, 45 grapes)
Snack: grapes (55_
Dinner: 2 zucchini into spaghetti 1/2 c marinara sauce

Calories: 1078 - 146 from exercise = 932 (too low)
83carb / 10fat / 7 prot
no weight change (my body is probably hanging on because of the low calories)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'd like some feedback as to whether or not it is helpful to continue this thread...continue posting food journal, percentages, weight loss and experiences. Just wondering what people are thinking.

Posted by: emilym ()
Date: July 16, 2007 01:25PM

Hi there,

I haven't dropped out, but I was very busy over the weekend. Also, I wasn't very 8/1/1, either. Too many fats (olives, tahini, avocado...).

Regarding continuing this thread, I love to read everyone's stories, but I feel guilty I don't contribute enough. Inputting everything in takes me too much time somedays, and others I have more time or motivation.

Congrats on your doctor's visit, islandgirl. You sound as if you are doing great with your diet. You are really listening to your body's feedback.

I went to the movies yesterday - resisted the popcorn, too!

Peace,
Robin

Date: July 16, 2007 01:39PM

Sorry ... I just got done with my trip across the U.S, finally Finished and what a reward! Although I’ve done nothing but Driving for the past couple of days I think the combination of moving all the furniture beforehand and long nights made me extremely hungry!
Yesterdays Food-
Breakfast:
-Watermelon Smoothie: 1 4lbish watermelon

Lunch:
-7Nanas and 1lb Peaches

Dinner:
-2tomatoes
-1.5lb Peaches
-4 Mangos
-1 Cucumber peeled
-and 2 macadamia nuts I found in my peach bag ... I kno Weirdsmiling smiley

Total Calories a lot ... but for all you weight watchers out there, when I got home I still didnt gain anything, just goes to show.

Today i have to unload everything and I lifted weights already this morning
Breakfast:
-4Mangos (small)
-1 papaya
-1/4C cocowtr

Lunch:
Planning on just bananas, probably 8

Dinner:
Planning on Pinapple Soup - 1 Med Pinapple, .25C Cocowtr, a lil bit of coco jelly in coconut
and probably a nice salad w/ brazil nuts in it for some selenium and extra aminossmiling smiley U know with all this heavy lifting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2007 01:39PM by Mocha.

Date: July 16, 2007 03:25PM

Emilym & Mocha...glad you both checked in. I enjoy reading your posts and I didn't want to bore anyone with my own postings if i was going to be the only one.

I had a really busy weekend and had to eat out more than I would have liked. All in all, I din't do too badly, however my 80/10/10 was more like 70/20/10. Glad its Monday and back on a routine. I'm anticipating a good week and hope everyone has the same.

Date: July 17, 2007 12:39AM

Sorry for the Double Post, but i updated my intake for the day ... tons and tons of work today!
Breakfast:
-4 Mangos(small), 1 Papaya, and .25C Cocowtr

Lunch:
-10 Bananas

Dinner:
FIGS!!! I finally got my hands on them, I bought 5 boxes ... Had to take advantage of the rare occasion smiling smiley
-14 Figs
-Salad: 5ounces Spinach, 5ounces Romaine, .5Cucumber peeled, Tbsp Hemp Nuts;
-Dressing: .5ounce brazil nuts, .5 Cucmber, 2Tbsp Cocowtr
Carbs/Pro/Fat
83/06/11 - 2575 calories Easily burned ... So much work today Im gonna crash right when im done posting, C everyone 2morrow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2007 12:42AM by Mocha.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 17, 2007 03:20AM

Me! I just can't resist the fruit. Yesterday, the guy in the supermarket asked whether I was addicted to fruit. Yes, I smiled! Some of the reasons why are listed below:

Hooray!

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 17, 2007 03:22AM

i`m jealous

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 17, 2007 03:39AM

Me too ha ha! These pictures are not from a local supermarket sad smiley(( , but a far-far-away sad smiley(((((( tropical fruit farm that my family visited smiling smiley))) not long ago.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: July 17, 2007 03:33PM

Those fruit look awesome...although I couldn't even begin to tell you what they are! It felt good to be more balanced yesterday. My percentages ended up being closer in range at 80c/13f/8p and I lost one pound of the two I gained over the weekend due to unplanned deviations and moments of weakness.

My most current challenge continues to be eating out. We seem to do it ALOT! I'm learning to ask about ordering things NOT on the menu, but I feel strange doing so. I'm figuring most places have to have raw stuff in their kitchens. I try to take salad dressing with me, but its not always possible to do so. Planning is so important.

It amazes me how much food Mocha eats. WOW. I'm no where near that. But I'm still learning. I feel great, even though I cheated a little over the weekend and my aches and pains continue to be less than they were several weeks ago. My energy level is great and I'm sleeping well at night.

Mocha...hope you're getting settled into your new place. Hope everyone has a good day.

Date: July 17, 2007 10:06PM

Im not gonna lie ... I do eat alot smiling smiley But its nessacary and im not complaining, I love Fruit, althought a little too much Acid today! I think the Figs did me in, the calimayrna(green) figs have a chemical very simaliar to papain in unripe Papayas, and if taken in excess, well ... it hurts.
Breakfast:
-Banana Milk: 8nanas and 4C water

Lunch:
-14 Figs & 2 Mangos

Dinner:
-Tangerine & Pineapple Smoothie: 3/4Pineapple and 2 Tangerines(large).
-Tangerine Soup: 3 tangerines(medium),2 long strips of celery, and 1orange pepper.
-Pineapple Salad: 1/2Bunch Spinach and 2Tbsp Hemp Seeds;
-Dressing for salad: 1/4Pineapple and 1 Red pepper.
Carbs/Pro/Fat
87/06/07 - 2465 Calories; Exercise: Weight Lifting, active day, and 1hr Jujitsu

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 18, 2007 03:53PM

Mocha, come uncook for me anytime!

Love,
Prism

Date: July 18, 2007 04:13PM

Mocha...you inpsire me. It's Wed. and my fat intake continues to be too high. Yesterday I was 73c / 11p / 17f. I took in 1447 calories - 311 from exercise = 1136 calories with no change in my weight. Today I am vowing to do better. I need to go to the market. For breakfast this mroning I had 6 cups of water melon. So far that is all I have had and I was shocked to find out that there was 12% fat in watermelon. I know it will balance out as I eat other things, but that was a real surprise. Today marks my 2 week point of striving toward the 80/10/10. I'm not perfect, but I'm hanging in there...shooting for that target.

Hope everybody has a good day!

Date: July 18, 2007 06:48PM

It amazes me too that watermelon has more fat in it then many other fruits! No wonder I Love it!

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2007 06:49PM by Prism.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 18, 2007 09:13PM

12% fat in watermelon? Thats got to be by calories. How much are in other fruits? So, if one went on a melon monodiet, one would consume slightly too much fat for 8/1/1? It would be close however. Much closer to that ideal than the standard american diet.

And that cart of fruit photo looks interesting, but at the same time it makes my teeth hurt. For some reason, for certain fruits I get the sensation of acid. Even just by looking at them, and the thought of eating large amounts of them on a regular basis.

Are you all sure this is a good idea to eat that much fruit? Don't you get stomach problems or sore gums etc?

Date: July 18, 2007 09:44PM

I haven't had any adverse reactions to eating only fruit. Since I don't like veggies much, I prefer to eat mostly fruits...and so far, no stomach or gum problems.

Date: July 18, 2007 09:47PM

[www.bbc.co.uk]

this is an interesting video, "Can Eating Like an Ape Change your Health in 12 Days". I copied the link...hopefully it will work.

Date: July 19, 2007 01:32AM

very interesting and convincing video. thanks for sharing
patty

Date: July 19, 2007 01:50AM

That was fun..I'd love to do that!

Love,
PrismWhoWantsToLiveInAZoo

Date: July 19, 2007 01:50AM

Today was just one of those days ... besides the immense amount of work today ( 4Hr of non-stop lifting and moving wood and furniture) The state is requiring me to redo all of my past blood work, examinations, and making me see another therapist for an eating disorder ... So now I have to once again try and gain weight, while im just barely able to maintain with the caloric expenditure of my work recently sad smiley ... Ill keep you posted
Breakfast:
-2 Canolope Melons

Lunch:
-10 Bananas
-1Lb Apricots

Dinner:
-7 Champaign Mangos
-BlackBry Kiwi Salad: 1C Blackberries, 2Tbsp Hempnuts, 1 MedCucmber(Peeled), 1/2 Bunch Spinach
-Dressing: 3 Kiwis and 1C blackberries blended
Yummy but I am stuffed, have to go get blood work done in 2 days wish me luck!
Carb/Pro/Fat
86/07/07 - 3027 Calories

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2007 01:51AM by Mocha.

Date: July 19, 2007 02:24AM

good luck smiling smiley why are you seeing a therapist for an eating disorder? you eats tone of food!
patty

Date: July 19, 2007 02:30AM

Believe it or not I’m turning 17 next month, and my disgruntled family 3rd cousin turned my parents in for neglect to the state, I know absolutely horrible, so now the state believes I have an eating disorder and I have to go for blood work -
It’s absolutely absurd, and I can’t believe people, especially my own cousin, would do such a sick and twisted thing! But anyway, I don’t want to get into it anymore, I just hope the blood work comes out clean and everything can just be forgotten.

Date: July 19, 2007 02:42AM

aww mocha i`m sorry (((()))) everything will turn out great. why do people especially family have to start so much crap! it irks me so bad. my inlaws are like that...always trying to stir something up. it`s like they`re not happy unless somethings turned upside down. hang in there friend, you`re the well one. i won`t bring it up again.
patty

Date: July 19, 2007 12:30PM

Mocha...if you're not opposed to eating nuts & avocados, that may help between now and the time of the bloodwork. Sorry you're having to go through this. Do you monitor your nutritional intakes as well as your percentages on fitday? Just curious...if you do (in the reports section) and everything is okay, you should be okay. You're in my thoughts! Have a blessed day!

Date: July 19, 2007 03:30PM

I've been doing 80/10/10 for 2 weeks now and raw for 6 weeks. The first week on 80/10/10 I lost 5 pounds, this week...NADA, although honestly, my percentages of fat were up a bit this week and I have had some non-raw foods for supper more than a few times this week such as steamed veggies and last night sushi! I am feeling really good, but I think more than aything else, it really affects my weight loss. Maybe my body is adjusting...or confused. Yesterday my intakes were 1251 calories 75carb / 16 prot / 10 fat. I really need to get into a routine so the percentages stay balanced. Like I said a few days ago, my biggest challenge is eating out. We seem to eat dinner out almost everynight...because its just my husband and me most evenings. We really enjoy eating out, but it seems to sabbatoge my efforts. My husband is still a SAD eater. Tonight we're eating in, no matter what! Today for the first time he asked me to pack him an all fruit lunch for work. So I sent him out the door with 8c of watermelon, 1 cantelope, 3 grapefuits (juiced) and 3 homemade flax seed crackers. I can't wait to hear how he does. I've been incorporating more and more fruit and veggies into his diet, but he's not ready to give up his meat yet. I have pursuaded him to reduce his intake though because of his health. He was recently diagnosed with high book pressure, high cholesterol, and high blood sugar...so he knows he needs to make more than a few changes. I haven't pushed him, but he is seeing the wonderful results in how I look and feel. Maybe if I eat what Mocha does, I'll lose weight...but then, I'm 30 years removed from 17!

Date: July 19, 2007 03:56PM

Don't stress over it Mocha, as a mom to 2 grown sons myself, I know you can't make a 16-17 yr. old do much of anything. The state knows this, so just know that your test results are going to be better than most teens!

Show them that video that shows the terrific results of people eating raw fruits and veggies for 12 days!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: July 20, 2007 02:54PM

Hey guys!
just wanna say hi. I am in canada now with my family and managed to get my mom on the 80.10.10 diet as well!! She is starting at 194 pounds, so we will see how much she is at the end of the month!!

As for me,
I will take my measurements soon. I am at 60 kilos and I hae started jogging 30 minutes every morning. Bought some raweos finally, just to see how north american raw food tastes. The lemon cookies were my fav. so far. I have to make a non-dehydrated version soon. Coconut and lemon tastes nice together.smiling smiley

Hope you all are doing well!! I will hopefully post a photo and my stats soon, but otherwise, all is well here in canadialand!!

much love,
xxpeisi

~I've tasted of the fruit,
it's opened up my eyes...~
-Infected Mushroom

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables