Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What do people think of Shazzie?
Posted by: rawveggiemom ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:02PM

I am just wondering what people here think of Shazzie. I bought her book a few years ago when she was 100%. It was interesting. But I have heard things about her and I just wanted to know what people thought of her. Is she still 100% raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do people think of Shazzie?
Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:21PM

I bbelieve so.. I know she will be with the God known as David Wolfe(LOL) this summer at a few retreats ect. I think shes awesome, and an inspiration!! Shes the same age as me too!!

~ Tiffany

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart,
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words..

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:30PM

shes fabulous :p

Date: July 18, 2007 08:35PM

I swear I might faint if i ever meet david... LOL its really pathetic!! hehe

~ Tiffany

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:49PM

no she's not 100%.. she admitted it on raw vegan radio... I believe she puts herself at 95% now. Neither is David Wolfe. He always avoids the question when asked and never answers it outright. He also hits on married women constantly. I've heard it reported on more than one forum that he swats them on the butt and thinks it's funny. A friend of mine saw him mercilessly hit on married women in Toronto right after he got her phone #.

Worship who you want but remember you give those people power over you. Admire them with caution, and take what you need from their message.

But in all honesty I think shazzie is an amazing person and very beautiful. Wolfe is a handsome dude himself, very confident and does a lot of further the movement.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:56PM

Shazzie is unique and imaginative, and I like her artistic, spiritual and colorful way of being.

I think she said she ate less than 100% raw when she was pregnant, because she was going through a lot, but she seems to have gotten completely back 'on the wagon' since that point in time.

I participated in a little contest she had on her website last summer; you had to write a blurb about why this was your 'summer of love,' and the prizes were her fancy chocolate bars made with cacao and lots of natural ingredients you wouldn't usually expect in a chocolate bar. I sent off my entry and forgot all about it, and was amazed when I arrived home from a 2 week camping trip, famished for something sweet and chocolatey, and in my mailbox was a chocolate bar she'd mailed me from England!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: July 19, 2007 12:33PM

I like Shazzie, I think she has that fun, approachable personality that can tell you why and how to eat raw food, but without making it too complicated! She looks great, her blog is fantastic (www.shazzie.com), and importantly, she can put across a raw food healthy lifestyle without any 'new age' talk. I haven't got a problem with new age stuff (been called a hippy many times myself!), but it can put the masses off eating healthily when raw food and veganism is lumped in with new age lingo. Who's going to convince the forty-year old burger-eating football fan to eat more healthily- shazzie in a dress or david wolfe in a poncho?

It's a shame that appearance effects people this way, but I guess that's life. Tell someone you're vegan and they eye you head to toe looking for an eye of horus necklace or a pair of hemp sandals ;-)

Check out shazzie's superfood videos on YouTube:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: gadjoemi ()
Date: July 19, 2007 01:58PM

She was one of the reasons why I got interested in raw food. Look at her! She is radiant and so beautiful from inside out. I recently checked her on you tube too and she is not only beautiful but also humorous.

She is truly an inspiring person, I think.

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: July 19, 2007 02:36PM

She is great, so positive and full of life. She has an amazing glow in her skin.
I met her at Bristol Vegan Fayre this year, she gave us all some raw cacoa beans that attended one of her talks on raw chocolate, very tasty.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Date: July 19, 2007 03:56PM

yes shazzie is pretty darn cool and brought the whole thing to a country that really didn't have it. She said on raw vegan radio that, as of her daughter being 2, she ate things like ezekial sprouted wheat tortillas... she would put raw stuff in it and just found it easier when travelling or needing something quick.

that's what i seem to remember. She said she has just mellowed on her expectations and goes with the flow. Oh just listen I could be comepletely mispeaking here smiling smiley. It was a great interview she is really fun!

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: July 19, 2007 06:20PM

she's gorgeous... and very inspiring. She would convince even a burger eater to try the raw life style ha ha !!

Date: July 20, 2007 02:48AM

I just want to reiterate on my last comment lol..I do not worship david lol but yes hes handsome and I admire him for doing so much for the raw community.. I was just being silly..im sorry lol. And I do love Shazzie as well

~ Tiffany

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2007 03:05AM

What's wrong with hitting on married women?!?!?!?!

*hugs*

Dr. Phil

Date: July 20, 2007 03:19AM

yeah I hit on a married woman all the time smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 20, 2007 08:23AM

Hi Dr. gonzorello !!

you're bacckkkkkk!!!

yayyyysmiling smiley

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 20, 2007 04:19PM

morrisson66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah I hit on a married woman all the time smiling smiley

keep it up ! we need the recognition LOL
patty

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 20, 2007 04:37PM

dewey

u are funnysmiling smiley

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 20, 2007 06:01PM

she's lovely but there are some disconnects with her message, imo...

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: July 20, 2007 09:24PM

What about ordering her stuff, not just her public image?

If I am not hallucinating, it would cost me about $11. Canadian for one 68 gram raw chocolate bar. Plus shipping.

While I don't mind paying more for good food, this seems overpriced. Am I cheap? Am I mistaken? I have a pretty big appetite and could probably eat a few of those a day. Maybe it would be cheaper to start my own raw chocoate import and production business and eat my profits.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 20, 2007 09:28PM

lol good idea aqua smiling smiley

11$ seeems a bit steep for a chocolate bar

i used to pay about 4.5$ for a protein bar and th ought that was outrageous smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: What you think of Shazzie?
Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: July 20, 2007 10:03PM

I think she is fake and vague. She changed drastically some time in the last few years, but we'll never know when or why, because just like the outcome of her raw diet, she chose to leave that part out of her online journal. I just have to hope that she is actually being dishonest about her over advocation of supplementism and raw chocolate; but the growing anti-vegan and sexist content in her journals over time seemed honest. I even read her saying once, in defense of her child's vegan diet that "I feed her raw chocolates all the time!" I mean, honestly, if you can rave endlessly about the "health benefits" of that junk I think you've never actually eaten it yourself and experienced the aftermath.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2007 10:18PM by dream earth.

Re: What you think of Shazzie?
Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 21, 2007 01:24AM

I agree with dream earth. I used to really like her but she suddenly changed a few years back-from eating a sensible, economical raw diet that can be supplemented a little bit, she`s now completely into raw chocolate and supplements and her flawed logic of stating that these foods are "ancient" so she doesnt care what`s in them. She even complained that people would rather buy a box full of veggies than her very expensive "superfoods". She said that people can afford superfoods if they give up other things, well, so let`s all buy superfoods, fill her pockets with $$$ and it will be worth it because supposedly superfoods will turn your life into a fairy tale come true.

And she likes to say that the vegan diet is unhealthy because she chose to eat unhealthy, processed foods. Well even the raw food diet can be unhealthy. Just because the raw food diet is healthier doesn`t mean you have ti put down the vegan or vegetarian community.

I also find her obsession with herself ( look at me I`m 38) and putting down others based on the way they look very superficial. I know it`s important to be healthy to talk about health but she crosses the line to being plain arrogant.
And superfoods make you feel love?? Well, guess what? There maybe people eating a raw food diet and doing everything they can and may still not feel love. Life is not as simple or easy.

These are the things that make raw food look crazy when in fact it`s about eating lots of fruits and vegetables with the odd supplement that maybe needed.
And she claims that anyone that is critical of her is envious. She does have a gigantic ego.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2007 01:38AM by vegangoddess.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 21, 2007 02:55AM

>I also find her obsession with herself ( look at me I`m 38) and putting down others based on the way they look very superficial. I know it`s important to be healthy to talk about health but she crosses the line to being plain arrogant.
And superfoods make you feel love?? Well, guess what? There maybe people eating a raw food diet and doing everything they can and may still not feel love. Life is not as simple or easy.

These are the things that make raw food look crazy when in fact it`s about eating lots of fruits and vegetables with the odd supplement that maybe needed.
And she claims that anyone that is critical of her is envious. She does have a gigantic ego.<

I kind of felt exactly the same way as you, Vegangoddess, when I watched her videos yesterday. I hadn't seen her in action till then, and I was struck by her demeanor, which is a little hard to take. Anyway, she's young. Maybe she'll grow out of it.

I agree too that it's outrageous to spend lots of money on 'superfoods.' It's one thing to go out and forage for greens-- I'm all for that type of 'superfood.' But the goji berries, macca, cacao, raw chocolate candy bars and all the rest are for people who think they're really special and don't have much of a social conscience either, I suppose. We should be thinking about sustainable food and a raw diet that's reasonably available to people in every strata of society, not just rich hippies and yuppies.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: July 21, 2007 03:53AM

I agree with Dream Earth, Vegan Goddess, and Bryan. The arrogance is off-putting, as are the overpriced goodies. I felt that way when I first came across her site a few years ago. The lady has a heavy case of the screaming "Me Me!s" — Look at me! Look at MEEEEE! I'm so great! Also, the emphasis on expensive 'superfoods' is just ridiculous. IMHO simple and fresh is best. There's way more life force in a fresh apple or fresh anything than all those dried and powdered products.

I bought her detox book way back when and thought it was overpriced and under written. If I recall correctly, a lot of her 'recipes' were just ideas like, 'mash some avocado in romaine leaves and feast on them.' In other words, she slapped together whatever she could to make enough pages for a book and voila, she's an author and in business.

I have to admire her energy, though, and her enthusiasm. Good for her to have built a business so fast.

Date: July 21, 2007 05:53AM

Shazzie's books were one of my first introductions to raw living. She inspired me, but as I go further along and read more and have met more people in the raw community, I see that shes basking in the limelight and indeed making more than her fare share off her books and supplements. And i also agree with the comments made about her statement that she doesnt care whats in them, "they are ancient so i will eat them no matter what". Everyone knows that as individuals we need to chose what is best for our own personal bodies and not just eat what everyone else seems to be eating lol. But, she might actually be going more good than harm if she is inspiring others to eat more raw foods.. its a step, in the right direction and could possibly help millions of us turn our lives around. Anyone who goes from being an everday joe, to a celebrity will have some serious ego issues to deal with, as well as criticism from all sides.

p.s one of my most fav raw celebrities, or rising stars is Angela Stokes.. I am following her progress and i love the fact that she tries to answer all her mails and has personally answered questions for me.

~ Tiffany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2007 05:55AM by myst1kst0rm.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: July 21, 2007 06:21AM

myst1kst0rm Wrote:
-- But, she might actually be going more
> good than harm if she is inspiring others to eat
> more raw foods.. its a step, in the right
> direction and could possibly help millions of us
> turn our lives around. Anyone who goes from being
> an everday joe, to a celebrity will have some
> serious ego issues to deal with, as well as
> criticism from all sides.
>

I don't think I could have withstood even half the scrutiny she must be under, so I won't criticize her for her comments and behaviour, however...... it seems she charges a lot for her products, as someone else here was saying a few weeks ago. I get the impression she's flying high and anyone who wants to grab onto her dream is welcome as long as they see everything her way, and anyone who doesn't isn't worth her attention. That's no worse than most people, I guess.

It was funny in one youtube video how she said she only slept 3 hours a night, presumably so energized by the superfoods that she could do without sleep! That's how people use uppers, not food! Weird. But I want to try some of her recipes now, much better than craving cooked. Hopefully I won't need them for more than a year or so, while I transition to 100% raw, and I'm going to avoid the high fat content in her recipes. If they work for me, great, but if not, then not much will be lost.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: July 21, 2007 03:06PM

Shazzie is sweet, dynamic and charismatic. I have always thought that she and david Wolfe would make a good couple. hee-hee

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 21, 2007 03:28PM

rosemary wrote:

"I have always thought that she and david Wolfe would make a good couple. hee-hee"

You mean they aren't already?

My impression is that they are two peas in a pod.

khale

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: July 21, 2007 03:34PM

i wondered too if they had a history!

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: July 21, 2007 03:38PM

They were a couple for a little while before Shazzie got together with the guy who is the father of her daugther. (Gossip, lovely gossip smiling smiley

Francis

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables